Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:36:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286809 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  THE NEW POPE
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE NEW POPE  (Read 3492 times)
BUTCHA

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2005, 07:28:53 PM »

I KNOW THAT THEIRS NOT MANY CATHOLICS HERE , BUT WAS JUST THINKING HOW NICE IT WOULD BE TO HAVE A POPE FROM LATIN AMERICA OR AFRICA EVEN.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 02:32:46 AM »

I KNOW THAT THEIRS NOT MANY CATHOLICS HERE , BUT WAS JUST THINKING HOW NICE IT WOULD BE TO HAVE A POPE FROM LATIN AMERICA OR AFRICA EVEN.
Huh

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2005, 09:35:23 PM »

Why?

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 06:58:21 PM »

because i dont feel as though , a pope from europe has the drive to help change the church and i feel the cardinals from latin america are of a different breed.

another insider will just keep the train on the coarse its on.
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 07:04:42 PM »

im ignorent , when it comes to the pope but i was bumbed out it was such a insider elected, hope im wrong and hes good for the church.
John 3:16

My Heavenly Father Is Alive Today

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 09:44:11 PM »

i dont wishship or sever  man or pope i wishship and sever the Lord Jesus Christ

Richard

Only Jesus Can Save Something A Man Or Pope Can'nt do

Corpus
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2005, 12:46:24 PM »

Butcha,

I understand your sentiment, though I'm not certain which 'changes' you'd like to see. On matters of women in the priesthood, legitimization of homsexual unions, relaxation on abortion and contraception, it wouldn't matter who was elected pope. These issues wouldn't change because they simply can't be changed as a matter of contemporary compliance.

When I read your post about Latin America and change I immediately thought of the liberation theology that's taken root there. It's a frightening attempt by some to merge scripture with Marxist thought. You might not have been thinking that in particular, but as I said, the word 'change' raised some flags on my part.

Anyhow, Ratzinger is largely acclaimed a good man who will hold firm to an objective view of God's word. This was characterized in his homily just a few days back about the pervasive evil of relativism so rampant now in much of western civilization. For those who at least respected JPII, they must remember that the two worked closely together for decades. Also, Ratzinger's job description has essentially changed with his election. Given that, you might even get surprised by him from time to time in the coming months. Wink

This is the prayer section though, so at the very least it would be appreciated if people prayed for Benedict XVI and the Catholic church

And John,
No Catholic believes the pope can save him.
Jeesh!  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 12:47:17 PM by Corpus » Logged
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2005, 04:15:08 PM »

no , i didny mean liberal , im a conservitive christian republican and father of 5 , i meant change in the catholic church in what i think ill avoid getting into do to we already had a big debate on catholics on this sight and i dont want it revisited.think this way im from boston , cardinal law was part of a big sex scandal of preist molesting children in boston and the old pope got him out of here before the atterny general could do anything to him now hes a big shot at the vatican with all the other insiders whom have blinders on . and no i worship no man priest nor pope, but if one doesnt wish for good in any christain religion and could care less , i quistion thier walk with christ.   with love butch
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2005, 02:34:33 AM »

I just hope this Pope starts what I have been talking about for years: A group of really big, really strong preists from Siciely to come over here to America and take care of the Liberals and Child Molesters! Grin I'd love to here to Pope call up some of these Pro-choice, child abuse hiding ArchBishops here with a comment like "Don't make me send Fr. Venny and  Dn.Guedo to bust ya knee caps!"  Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2005, 03:26:23 PM »

I just hope this Pope starts what I have been talking about for years: A group of really big, really strong preists from Siciely to come over here to America and take care of the Liberals and Child Molesters! Grin I'd love to here to Pope call up some of these Pro-choice, child abuse hiding ArchBishops here with a comment like "Don't make me send Fr. Venny and  Dn.Guedo to bust ya knee caps!"  Grin

Grin   Grin  Tibby, You're killin' me. AND, for repeat offenders:

Concrete shoes and swim with the fishes.

Let's see, was that Godfather I, II, or III?

BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2005, 03:55:09 PM »

ok now thats some of the reform and change i was talking about...im sure if brother love was still around hed know a few changes needed
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2005, 04:20:15 PM »

I’m going to make a series of movies called the “The Holy Father Trilogy”  :-D

"Leave the mitre, take the Holy Water!”

"You come to me on this, the day of my Brothers’ Ordination..."

[An Archbishop finds a fish in his Vestments]
Fr. Corleone: "What is this?"
Monk: "It's a Catholic message. It means it's Friday."

Fr. Corleone: "The Holy father is no different than any other leader of a Church, like your paster or Benny Hen or Ron Luce!"
A Baptist Chick: "Do you know how naive you sound, Fr. Michael? My Pastor, Benny Hen and Ron Luce’s followers don’t think they are infallible!"
Fr. Corleone: "Oh? Who's being naive?"

Grin I need to got rent and rewrite this! Finally, a movie about Catholics that DOESN'T involve some make-believe group of evil secret Priests that Baptists think is real. Grin

ok now thats some of the reform and change i was talking about...im sure if brother love was still around hed know a few changes needed

I think everyone as CU need to start a grass roots movement to make Me the Pope, and make Mr. T a Cardinal. Grin Me and Mr. T Will give some Liberal Preists an "offer they can't refuse."  Grin  I pitty the fool who harms a Child of God! Cool

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2005, 10:22:45 PM »

because i dont feel as though , a pope from europe has the drive to help change the church and i feel the cardinals from latin america are of a different breed.

another insider will just keep the train on the coarse its on.
"another insider will just keep the train on the coarse its on."

And where would it be headed?  

Support your local Christian.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2005, 01:27:24 AM »

I’m going to make a series of movies called the “The Holy Father Trilogy”  :-D

"Leave the mitre, take the Holy Water!”

"You come to me on this, the day of my Brothers’ Ordination..."

[An Archbishop finds a fish in his Vestments]
Fr. Corleone: "What is this?"
Monk: "It's a Catholic message. It means it's Friday."

Fr. Corleone: "The Holy father is no different than any other leader of a Church, like your paster or Benny Hen or Ron Luce!"
A Baptist Chick: "Do you know how naive you sound, Fr. Michael? My Pastor, Benny Hen and Ron Luce’s followers don’t think they are infallible!"
Fr. Corleone: "Oh? Who's being naive?"

Grin I need to got rent and rewrite this! Finally, a movie about Catholics that DOESN'T involve some make-believe group of evil secret Priests that Baptists think is real. Grin

I think everyone as CU need to start a grass roots movement to make Me the Pope, and make Mr. T a Cardinal. Grin Me and Mr. T Will give some Liberal Preists an "offer they can't refuse."  Grin  I pitty the fool who harms a Child of God! Cool
Grin

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2005, 03:26:26 AM »

Tibby,

Grin   Grin

You're killin' me. I want to watch you put the robe and hat on Mr. T. In fact, can we sell tickets to the event?

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the