Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:05:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Television (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Little House On The Prarrie
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Little House On The Prarrie  (Read 4606 times)
greyfeather

View Profile
« on: April 06, 2005, 01:03:30 PM »

We get PBS chanel here where I live , I watch Little House on the Prarie over and over , but seem never to tier of it. I think it was one of the best family shows on TV. I also watch Touched by an Angel, that is also good. Smiley

Blessed are the peace makers for they shall be called the children of God.
M

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 04:15:37 PM »

I enjoyed the remake miniseries.  I saw Part one.  Part two and three were supposed to be aired but then there was the Papal funeral documentary instead.  I wonder when it has been rescheduled to.
asaph

Call on Jesus!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2005, 11:39:52 PM »

We get PBS chanel here where I live , I watch Little House on the Prarie over and over , but seem never to tier of it. I think it was one of the best family shows on TV. I also watch Touched by an Angel, that is also good. Smiley
Little House is cool. Welcome!
asaph

chicklittle

IM me if you want to know me!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 07:59:26 PM »

Little House on the Prairie is ok, but in all honesty I can't stand Touched by an Angel.  They always came so close to presenting the truth but shyed away from it every time.  I also think it is a very poor representation of angels.  Maybe I'm too into facts...but if you judge it by accuracy it's not a good show. It's rather...lukewarm if you will.

Yahoo IM chicklittle49.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 12:09:13 AM »

I watched this often as a kid....also find myself watching reruns from time to time....good show!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 10:57:11 PM »

I enjoyed the remake miniseries.  I saw Part one.  Part two and three were supposed to be aired but then there was the Papal funeral documentary instead.  I wonder when it has been rescheduled to.
we watched allsix or seven as a family it was all good Smiley
sabrina

Let the work I've done speak for me........

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2005, 01:23:51 PM »

This indeed was a great show in it's day and even today....we need more of it and less of Ellen........Will and Grace.....Jerry Springer during primetime,  the news is depressing enough!  But that is more of Satan taking over the airwaves........and people rave over these shows, despite the alternatives we have.  I just see it as more of the signs of the times we live in now......hopefully it will not be long, folks.  
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2005, 11:28:15 PM »

I really like "Little House On The Prairie"  ... I read the books when I was a kid, really loved 'em.  I also got into a series called "Flowers In The Attic" .... anyone else familiar with it?

Blessings -

Rev. Belch

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2006, 12:19:47 PM »

Little House On The Praire is so cool they show it on The Hallmark Channel. Anyone else familar with The Hallmark Channel they are pretty decent and the movies aren't so bad. Always wanted a dad like Charles but it never happened Cheesy

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2006, 03:07:45 PM »

I would have to agree on the Touched by an Angel bit...they would get very close to actually spreading the Gospel and then just veer into a "God loves you" only bit and leave it at that.  (I am not saying that God does not love anyone...just that they would end it there).  Although I loved the show and was grateful that a wholesome show like that was on for as long as it was....there were times I was like "SHOW HIM THE GOSPEL!!!!!"

As far as Little House...hated it when I was kid.  Like a bit more now that I am older and more senile.  Always wondered how much stuff could happen to one family...and if living on the prairie was anything like what they had to go through...I would have stuck to city living Smiley

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Hary

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2006, 01:52:18 AM »

I don't mind Touched by an angel. My only complaint is like the others. They never mention that it's the grace of Jesus Christ is what saves us. Not just beliveing in God, most people believe in God but alot of them do not believe in Jesus OR know who he is, really. Occassionally they quote from the gospel but I watch it because I think that everybody even christians need to know that whatever they do or even if they stray from the Truth and get angry at Him that God still loves them unconditionally.

1 Timothy 4:12
Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
carmy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2006, 09:28:06 PM »

I have been buying the series of Little House because I only get one channel and that is NBC which sometimes I hate.  I refuse to get cable but I am considering getting SkyAngel when I move.  It's Christian satelite but my landlord won't let me put up a satelite here.
Hary

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2006, 10:15:38 PM »

When we rented our landlord actually alowed us to put up a satelite dish. It increases the value of the house.

1 Timothy 4:12
Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the