Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:13:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Television (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  FAMILY GUY THUMBS UP OR DOWN
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FAMILY GUY THUMBS UP OR DOWN  (Read 5592 times)
tsu05

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2005, 11:49:47 PM »

Family Guy is one of the funniest shows that i watch...four thumbs up.  What about yall?

I know what I wrote, I was there when I wrote it
Supercryptid

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 08:25:57 PM »

I find Family Guy to be offensive. I think there is too much profanity, sexual content, and sacrilegeous material on there. For instance, they portrayed Albert Einstein as smashing God's head with an oven door repeatedly until he was unconscious. I used to watch it, but not anymore.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 02:23:50 PM »

I was not impressed by the new episode. It didn't seem to have much of a focus. It looked like Seth Green was trying to hard to make this episode less like the NEW Family Guy, and make it look more like just another episode in the series, with no changes. But I think he OVER did that. There was even less of a plot then normal! Just a bunch of losely connected scenes following eachother. Kind of disappointing, I hope he doesn't make it a pattern. The beauty of the first 3 seasons what that they used different writers each episode. I hope he contenues that!

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
eddiefied

Job 1:21

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 03:14:41 AM »

I missed the new episode but it sounds like I didn't miss much. Although some is a little offensive I can't help watching because it totally cracks me up Grin. I was a Simpsons fan for a long time but their low key Christian bashing got on my nerves. I hope this doesn't happen to Family Guy because I can always count on a good laugh whenever I watch it. It's freakin' sweet.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 05:34:17 PM »

I don't mind Christian "bashing." It is all in good fun.  Smiley

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 02:31:32 AM »

Family Guy is one of the funniest shows that i watch...four thumbs up.  What about yall?
I give the family guy 4 thumbs down. That show will never be on, in this house again.

tsu05

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2005, 02:16:59 AM »

I find Family Guy to be offensive. I think there is too much profanity, sexual content, and sacrilegeous material on there. For instance, they portrayed Albert Einstein as smashing God's head with an oven door repeatedly until he was unconscious. I used to watch it, but not anymore.

Okay to begin with that wasnt God that wass another inventer and they were saying how all the great inventers steal ideas from someones else.

To Tibby it was a little crude but those episodes were made before it was canceled when they knew they would be canceled so they basically threw the rules out the doors.  The past one is funny i like it, i dont take it seriously neither should you let a simple cartoon make you upset.  

I know what I wrote, I was there when I wrote it
Compatriot

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2005, 01:59:54 AM »

Seth Green does have a good amount to do with some of the decision making process, but he is niether the creator, director, nor producer. I believe you were refering to Seth McFarlen, who is also the voice of Peter, Stewie, and Brian. That's ok though, and i do get your meaning. The show seem's to go for the same basic formula but is still lacking in one quality. They now use themselves to much in the punchline. It's always "Family Guy's been cancelled" or "Stay tuned folks" to the 4th wall. Thats what I think is so detrimental to the new episodes flow.
audreyhat

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2005, 12:35:36 AM »

im a huge Family Guy fan.the show is so funny and my personal favorite.i own all the box sets and just got the move.i agree that some of the content of the show may offend different people for different reasons,but it's all in good fun and should be taken in such way.if you dont like it dont watch it,but you'll be missing out on great comedy and an all together good show.  
NateyCakes

Radical for Christ!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2005, 03:31:51 AM »

I find the Family Guy a bit offensive as well. Not something I'm into. A lot of undertone humor that isn't for children or anything I'd want my family listening/watching.

~*Rejoice for the Lord is GOOD!!*~
Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

We'll party like we're dead.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2005, 04:29:35 PM »

Wow, I'm surprised the majority (so far) likes this show.

I mean, I do too, but this board tends to be so conservative that topics like this usually get shot down within the first three or four posts.
AJ

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2005, 02:43:15 AM »

I give the family guy 4 thumbs down. That show will never be on, in this house again.

Amen brother: this show makes fun of God and talks immorally almost none stop...i see nothing funny about that part of this show. I will admit that some things are funny, but they go too far... so 5 thumbs down.
Compatriot

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2006, 04:53:51 AM »

Today's episode had the beginning of time as God almost loosing an arm wrestling match then lighting a fart to create the Big Bang and the universe.

Sure, wrought with blasphemy, but a hillarious image none the less.
Pizza_Mahal

First earth suck.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2006, 07:55:59 AM »

I used to like that show, it till i saw this! Angry

This show that creationism are dumber then retarded Angry I was so offensive! Angry
Also it spread people that creationism are worst then rearded Sad

Note:I never report this to any creationism site, so go ahead and report this! Smiley

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2006, 08:09:45 AM »

Hi Pizza Al,

I agree it is not a show that is worth watching. I certainly wouldn't want my grandchildren watching it. I have met many so-called "retarded" ( I can't stand that word) people that show much more intelligence and understanding than evolutionists ever will.

Many shows like that are taking over the TV networks and are leading many people astray.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the