Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:10:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Sincereheart, Shylynne and others....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sincereheart, Shylynne and others....  (Read 14655 times)
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2005, 07:46:26 PM »

Mat 5:43  Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor, and hate thine enemy.
Mat 5:44  But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Mat 5:45  That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
Mat 5:46  For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
Mat 5:47  And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
Mat 5:48  Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Great portion of scripture!   But  Huh are you trying to say as it relates to the thread?   Cheesy   Forgive me I'm a bit slow sometimes.....lol

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2005, 07:53:40 PM »

I think ?We should love and forgive where we can ?As we all fail in certain areas ,the bible says it hurts us ,when we do not forgive .You know others always hurt us ,of course they in many cases think they are doing god a favor .keeping the world pure .But we must give them the other cheek .But if a persion says they are sorry .Then PRAISE GOD .They are growing to be like JESUS CHRIST .And we all need to grow .The LORD says to help the weaker .of course they must be a little willing .I have learned as I believe you know .evil and evil ,makes more evil .but evil then love makes greater love .Thats the kind of soup I want to eat .But our flesh would rather go to battle ?We stop it .praise GOD .

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2005, 08:10:21 PM »

OK never mind, I missed a few posts that were prior to my last.....sorry  Embarrassed

Told you I was slow....lol

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Bronzesnake
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2005, 12:45:41 PM »

I see Shylynne is lurking. I wonder if she has forgiven me??? Huh
It's good to have her back.

Bronzesnake
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2005, 12:51:31 PM »

As far as Shylynne - She got extremely angry with me because I (admittedly) mishandled a "moderator" situation. It was my first day as moderator, and I didn't realize that I was going to have to be more strategic with my admonishments of other posters when they said something...well...foolish.
So she left me a blistering admonishment of her own and vowed never to return.  Undecided

I also had the same effect on Reba - I really like Reba, and I’m sorry she took things so personal.  Embarrassed

I have learned from these experiences.

Bronzesnake

It strikes me as very interesting Bronze, how you so quickly made use of an opportunity to state your assumed reason for my absence, and how you also chose to use words like "blistering" and "extreme" in reference to my last post, while playing down your own role in our disagreement to a simple innocent "mishandling" of moderation.
I can not speak for Reba, but  as for me I take it very personal when a brother or sister is assaulted with words like moronic for trying to simply share thier personal testimony, and that by a moderator no less.
No part of Gary Cooks testimony is "foolish", and there was, nor  remains no strategic way for you to have addressed it as so.
Your first day as moderator was preceded by months on this forum,  it`s not only sad to see you making excuses for yourself, it is rather childish.
 It would seem what you have learned is how
to make yourself sound like a better person than the
poster you are so called "admonishing."
Anything that was said by me to you, was said in the forum,
and all were free to read it,  that is until it conveniently got deleted.
I do however have my own reasons for being absent,
and I don`t recall vowing never to return. Huh

2Co 13 :5  Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves.

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2005, 12:57:46 PM »

She is a righteous woman ,born of GOD .She will and has forgiven ,I am sure .Joh 17:14  I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
ph 5:30  For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
Eze 11:19  And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them a heart of flesh:
Heb 12:9  Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
Heb 12:23  To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
at 6:14  For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
Mat 6:15  But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
we all must always forgive .

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2005, 01:15:06 PM »

as far as testamonys ,it doesn"t hurt the person giving them, to not believe ?as they did nothing ,but cry out to the LORd .It takes GLORY from the LORD ,who did the miracles .We are nothing ,but people who need the LORd and have accepted HIm and know when in trouble ?We can call out to OUR LORD .
2Ti 4:16  At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge.
you see ,we pray for others and love them ,no matter what .1Co 13:4  Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
1Co 13:5  Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
1Co 13:6  Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
1Co 13:7  Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Bronzesnake
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2005, 01:16:39 PM »

As far as Shylynne - She got extremely angry with me because I (admittedly) mishandled a "moderator" situation. It was my first day as moderator, and I didn't realize that I was going to have to be more strategic with my admonishments of other posters when they said something...well...foolish.
So she left me a blistering admonishment of her own and vowed never to return.  Undecided

I also had the same effect on Reba - I really like Reba, and I’m sorry she took things so personal.  Embarrassed

I have learned from these experiences.

Bronzesnake

It strikes me as very interesting Bronze, how you so quickly made use of an opportunity to state your assumed reason for my absence, and how you also chose to use words like "blistering" and "extreme" in reference to my last post, while playing down your own role in our disagreement to a simple innocent "mishandling" of moderation.
I can not speak for Reba, but  as for me I take it very personal when a brother or sister is assaulted with words like moronic for trying to simply share thier personal testimony, and that by a moderator no less.
No part of Gary Cooks testimony is "foolish", and there was, nor  remains no strategic way for you to have addressed it as so.
Your first day as moderator was preceded by months on this forum,  it`s not only sad to see you making excuses for yourself, it is rather childish.
 It would seem what you have learned is how
to make yourself sound like a better person than the
poster you are so called "admonishing."
Anything that was said by me to you, was said in the forum,
and all were free to read it,  that is until it conveniently got deleted.
I do however have my own reasons for being absent,
and I don`t recall vowing never to return. Huh

2Co 13 :5  Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves.

Shylynne - Still angry I see.

I am sorry for how I handled the situation. I was not trying to downplay anything. If I had have posted the exact same way as I did and not have been a moderator, there wouldn't have been such a fuss. I learned from that experience.

You still come across as rather indignant and angry - and to be honest, I believe you went overboard with your anger. It's not like I shot anyone my friend. Without going into the gory details, I will say this - I stand by my admonition of anyone who says God tells them to do unGodly things - and there was some foolish things posted. I did not call anyone a moron - I said it was moronic to play with guns and shoot yourself, I assume you will agree that is true.

The poster and I have no problems with each other my friend - which makes it all the more bizarre that you should be so upset and seemingly self righteous. Surely you don't profess to never have made similar misjudgements, or mistakes.

Remember what Jesus said about throwing the first stone?
“forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us” Even though I did not trespass against you personally, I still ask you to forgive me for upsetting you.
I am sorry, please forgive me. I did not intend to cause such pain and anger.

Bronzesnake
Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2005, 02:34:34 PM »

Bronze you really should`nt make assumptions
about what people are feeling. I am not in the
least bit upset,  or angry,  and I don`t see
any self righteousness in anything I said.
I am merely stating the facts concerning our
disagreement as I see them. You brought up a subject
that involves me, and so I have a right to respond yes?
Why do I still get the feeling that any response at all, even
none, would be viewed by you as some sort of lack of forgiveness on my part. Huh
As you enjoy the freedom to state your opinion and beliefs, please allow the rest of us this freedom as well.

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2005, 03:13:47 PM »

Shylynne!  

You lurker you!   Tongue   Nice to see you.

OK now i'm  again!   Grin

Tim

Bronzesnake
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2005, 03:14:04 PM »

none, would be viewed by you as some sort of lack of forgiveness on my part. Huh
As you enjoy the freedom to state your opinion and beliefs, please allow the rest of us this freedom as well.

No, you're right - your responses to me don't have even the slightest hint of anger. I don't know what I was thinking.  Roll Eyes

God bless you my sister. I guess we'll just stay away from each other - sad really.

Bronzesnake
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2005, 03:28:58 PM »

Come on guys.....this is really probably none of my business, but can't we at least try to get along?

I wasn't really around when whatever happened, happened....but this little spate seems rather unbecomming for Christians.  

Maybe you two to should air this out via PM and try, TRY to put it to rest?    I know sometimes its hard when each party thinks they did nothing wrong, Lord knows I've been there myself.    Find the common ground....CHRIST.....and move forward in that agreement leaving the rest behind!

OK, I'll but out now...except for Praying for you guys!   Smiley

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2005, 07:17:45 PM »

No, you're right - your responses to me don't have even the slightest hint of anger. I don't know what I was thinking.  Roll Eyes

God bless you my sister. I guess we'll just stay away from each other - sad really.

Bronzesnake

I don`t know what you were thinking either.  Roll Eyes
But you seem to be trying awfully hard to make me appear
as irrational and emotional, even in my absense, tho
I`m confident most people here know I am neither.
 I stand by my admonishment to you as well, what
you consider foolish may well be another man`s gift from God,
and we are not the judge of such things.

Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2005, 07:26:50 PM »

Shylynne!  

You lurker you!   Tongue   Nice to see you.

OK now i'm  again!   Grin

Thank you 2T...but I was not really lurking...
I have been busy doing our Fathers work elsewhere  Wink

P.s. That was me putting me to rest!  Smiley

Bronzesnake
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2005, 08:20:21 PM »

Come on guys.....this is really probably none of my business, but can't we at least try to get along?

I wasn't really around when whatever happened, happened....but this little spate seems rather unbecomming for Christians.  

Maybe you two to should air this out via PM and try, TRY to put it to rest?    I know sometimes its hard when each party thinks they did nothing wrong, Lord knows I've been there myself.    Find the common ground....CHRIST.....and move forward in that agreement leaving the rest behind!

OK, I'll but out now...except for Praying for you guys!   Smiley

Grace and Peace!

You're right.

Bronzesnake
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the