Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:19:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Schiavo's Nurse speaks out...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Schiavo's Nurse speaks out...  (Read 2288 times)
Bronzesnake
« on: March 21, 2005, 02:25:34 PM »

I was shocked to read this statement from Terry's nurse.

http://www.rense.com/general63/aff.htm

Bronzesnake
John 3:16

My Heavenly Father Is Alive Today

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 08:49:52 PM »

that bad Bronzesnake
 if i ever get like Terri i would not want to be here any more and be no use for nothing i would hope they would just let me   Die in peace
Just My 2 cents worth
« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 08:53:47 PM by Racers For Christ » Logged

Bronzesnake
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 09:17:00 PM »

that bad Bronzesnake
 if i ever get like Terri i would not want to be here any more and be no use for nothing i would hope they would just let me   Die in peace
Just My 2 cents worth

Hey, don't blame me, I didn't write that. It was one of Terry Shiavo's nurses.

So, do you think we should kill all mentally handicapped people? By starving them to death?

There is no written will which states that Terry wanted to die under this circumstance, only her husband's word, and he stands to gain a substantial inheritance upon her death.

Her family is willing to care for her, and they want their daughter/sister to live. She is not on life support, she is being fed via a tube. Doctors have stated that she could be taught to eat through her mouth, but the husband refuse to allow any and all therapy or treatment for this woman. It's disgusting!

People have come out of situations much worse than this through therapy, but the man won't allow any, because he wants her dead!

Also, it's so easy to make that statement "if i ever get like Terri i would not want to be here any more and be no use for nothing i would hope they would just let me  Die in peace"

The truth is, that you can't make that judgement unless you actually end up where Terry is. Maybe she actually wants to live, but can not articulate. People who have been there state that they were aware of everything going on in their lives, but could not speak - that they wanted desperately to scream out "Let me live" but could not.

During war, soldiers who are mutilated have in many instances begged their brothers in arms to “shoot me!” only to be totally grateful for their lives after healing has taken place - some live quite happily without arms and legs - faces.
 How many times have you heard a convicted killer demand the death sentence prior to sentencing, only to change their minds after the sentence is actually dulled out? The will to live often supersedes our mindset prior to a life altering illness. People who are in good physical health often make offhanded remarks such as "if I'm ever paralysed, I'd rather die" but when the unthinkable happens, they fight to live, even under horrible physical pain, and limitations.

If this woman is starved to death simply because she is handicapped, then God help all handicapped people! We know from experience that there is a sliding scale in relation to our social "moral" decline. It would lead to handicapped newborns being "terminated" it would lead to mentally handicapped people, who can not articulate their will to live, being "terminated" and all in the name of humanity!

God help us all!

Bronzesnake

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 09:23:22 PM »

So, do you think we should kill all mentally handicapped people? By starving them to death?
No i just said if i ever get let her i can only speck for myself
i no that it wasnt you that said that

Bronzesnake
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 09:55:57 PM »

No i just said if i ever get let her i can only speck for myself
i no that it wasnt you that said that

What state do you think she is in my friend.
How can you know how you would feel unless you were actually in such a position? Wouldn't you want to remain alive so you could be with your family? If one of my my sons was injured, and became mentally handicapped, I would not starve him to death. I would love him just as much as I do now - his life would not be worth any less than it is now - so why would I kill him? We simply don't understand what goes on inside a person's mind or soul when they are mentally handicapped - as far as we know, and people have testified to this, they are very aware and understand everything that is going on around them - they were alert, but had lost the ability to control certain bodily function and movement - but their internal dialogue was good. They can't beg out loud for their lives while people around them debate weather to kill them or not. Think about that my friend.

Bronzesnake

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 10:41:05 PM »

is she brain dead or just mentally handicapped i have a brother that is mentally handicapped and a couse

Bronzesnake
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 10:46:13 PM »

is she brain dead or just mentally handicapped i have a brother that is mentally handicapped and a couse

She is mentally handicapped - not braindead.
She smiles and attempts to speak. She laughs, and her eyes are open. At the moment, she is unable to feed herself, and a tube is doing that for her. She could be taught to eat through therapy, but her husband (who is living with another woman who he has children with) will not allow any such therapy - he wants her dead, and then he can collect the cash!

Would you feel right about someone demanding that your brother be starved to death because he is mentally handicapped my friend?

Bronzesnake

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2005, 10:58:27 PM »

oh ok i am sorry they said on are news channel here in Oh that she was braindead just like the news so i am sorry Your Right Bro

Bronzesnake
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2005, 11:27:41 PM »

oh ok i am sorry they said on are news channel here in Oh that she was braindead just like the news so i am sorry Your Right Bro

Hey, no need to apologise my brother. You have as much right to your opinion as anyone. I'm glad you have the true facts now my friend.

Bronzesnake
M

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2005, 10:53:31 AM »

Terri has brain damage.  Brain dead means no brain wave activity.  Someone who is brain dead is dead.  A brain dead person can not smile, open their eyes, move, swallow, breath on their own.   When someone has a stroke, they have brain damage.  They might not be able to move or communicate but they can still think and feel.  Depending on what parts of Terri's brain are damaged she still might have feelings and thoughts.  She is not brain dead.

Why can't the courts petition for a divorce on Terri's behalf.  I sure would divorce someone who is trying to kill me.  Her husband is living with another woman anyway.  
Bronzesnake
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2005, 12:48:18 PM »

Terri has brain damage.  Brain dead means no brain wave activity.  Someone who is brain dead is dead.  A brain dead person can not smile, open their eyes, move, swallow, breath on their own.   When someone has a stroke, they have brain damage.  They might not be able to move or communicate but they can still think and feel.  Depending on what parts of Terri's brain are damaged she still might have feelings and thoughts.  She is not brain dead.

Why can't the courts petition for a divorce on Terri's behalf.  I sure would divorce someone who is trying to kill me.  Her husband is living with another woman anyway.  

You make some excellent points - however, there would be mayhem if the courts tried to force a divorce on a citizen. Look at how angry the death hungry Dems and many of the population has become over the government's attempts to actually save a life - a life that God tells us is sacred. Jesus never euthanized anyone, He always healed people and actually raised people out of death.

This "husband" is truly a vile person. He wants Terry dead, so he can "get on" with his life - oh ya, and once she's dead, he can collect the cash! This is a perfect reason to legislate against anyone having the right to kill a spouse, as long as there's financial gain to be had. Also, how can we justify killing a mentally handicapped person? As M correctly points out - she's not "brain dead"

Bronzesnake

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2005, 03:24:43 PM »

please read
http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/BibleStudyAndTheology/Perspectives/vonBuseck_Schiavo050323.asp

http://story.news.yahoo.com/fc?cid=34&tmpl=fc&in=US&cat=Assisted_Suicide
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 05:31:15 PM by Racers For Christ » Logged

Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2005, 06:52:56 PM »

I understand Terri, Even I had a feeding tube when I was unconscious for five days after my birth defect surgery. I am sorry about your brother!!! Cry

I am Severly Disabled or Handicapped, We all need to Help and Pray for Terri!!

Love them that are Children of God, as We All are Treasures of God through Jesus Christ His Son!

Love Always, YSIC, \o/

KristiAnn
MsGuidedAngel
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 10:01:37 PM by MsGuidedAngel » Logged

the overlooked

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2005, 10:16:48 PM »

the law gives her life to her next of kin and that is her husband and no one should interfear...saddly(just to let you know i am not the best speller so if i messed up please dont bomb me)

where o death is your victory,
where oh death is your sting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2005, 06:12:02 PM »

URGENT REPORT ON TERRI SCHIAVO

+ + 11TH HOUR ACTION ITEMS!

Dear Freinds Please Help us ,

I am writing to you on behalf of my brother, Rob, who is in the
midst of surgery this week.

This is Day 7 of court-ordered forced starvation.

The Florida legislator has failed to act again. The 11th Circuit
Court refused to act to save Terri. The last hope is Florida
Governor Jeb Bush, who yesterday indicated that as Governor
he has the authority to take Terri into the state's protective
custody.

This may be the last hope for Terri Schiavo.

+ + + URGENT CALL TO ACTION CONTACT GOVERNOR BUSH TODAY!

We are asking every team member to call, fax and e-mail
Governor Jeb Bush in an 11th Hour plea for Terri's life.

TELL GOVERNOR BUSH THAT YOU SUPPORT HIS EFFORTS TO SAVE TERRI!

Phone: 850-488-4441
       850-488-2272

Fax: 850-487-0801

jeb.bush@myflorida.com

+ + + TALKING POINTS FOR GOVERNOR BUSH CALLS, FAXES AND EMAILS

1. THANK the Governor for the stand he has already taken.

2. ASK the Governor to use the Constitutional powers of his office
   to take Terri Schiavo into the state's protective custody,
   direct that her food and water be restored to her, and save
   her life.

3. TELL HIM you are praying for him, Terri Schiavo and the
   Schindler family.

If the phones are busy, please keep trying. And be sure to email.

+ + + ALSO, CALL THE WHITE HOUSE

Comment line: 202-456-1111
Switchboard: 202-456-1414
Fax: 202-456-2461
president@whitehouse.gov

+ + + FAITH AND ACTION CONTINUES TO WORK

I have been working non-stop here in our nation's capital to lobby
our leaders, including members of the President's Administration,
in an 11th hour effort to help save Terri. Rev. Mahoney and
others are holding vigil on the ground in Florida.

We are now counting down the hours!

PLEASE PRAY!

And take action with us!

Rev. Paul Schenck
(on behalf of my brother, Rev. Rob Schenck)
Faith And Action

P.S. Thanks to everyone who has helped with financial gifts. We are
so grateful. If you feel led by the Lord to make a tax-deductible
donation as we continue to fight for Terri, click the link below.
Most importantly, PRAY and TAKE ACTION!

To donate:

http://www.grassfire.net/3060/offer.asp?rid=7565293

Update:

http://www.faithandaction.org

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the