Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:54:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  URGENT NEED! Please Pray For Our Brother In Christ Jesus
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: URGENT NEED! Please Pray For Our Brother In Christ Jesus  (Read 1194 times)
Michael
« on: July 10, 2003, 12:58:47 PM »

I am pleading with all who will unite with me in sincere agreement, and confident faith to pray for Brother Steve Shepherd who is Pastor of New Life Church Of God In Christ in Ft. Smith Arkansas.

Pastor Steve, and his wife have been Pastoring their church for the past 7 years, and have been in the same building throughout that time, and have Joyously, and faithfully carried out their responsibilites with hearts sold out completely to God in all things.

Recently the man who owned the church building where their church services were being held, passed away, and now his family has come in and taken the church away from Brother Steve, locked the doors and put the property up for sale, at a ridiculously high price (Far Too high considering the age, and the condition of the building).

Please pray for Pastor Steve, and his entire family (They have two daughters who also help them in their ministry) that God will provide another place for their church.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2003, 01:03:48 PM by Michael » Logged
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2003, 03:31:37 PM »

I will certainly pray for your friend, but a church and the property are never, ever supposed to be owned by an individual! Were the congregants aware of this? If not, they should be looking into the situation!

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2003, 03:25:14 AM »

We'll pray for you and Pastor Steve and family, Michael, thank you....
missyann250

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2003, 04:07:09 AM »

Gonna pray too, Michael.  I know that God will always turn it around for the better for His children that look to His will in the matter.  Ditto on checking out the specifics.  God wants us to be thorough. Never know til you do.

One Lord, One Faith, One Immersion:
One God and Father of all, He who is over all, and through all, and in all.
Ephesians 4:5,6
Michael
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2004, 12:51:40 AM »

UPDATE! Praise God! The situation has been turned around!

Those who took the church, and locked the doors, set a ridiculously high price, $200,000.00 for a property that was NOT anywhere near that price range, and as I understood, that was only for the church building itself (which was a small building, and a small parking lot next to the building.

Pastor Shepherd has purchased that property, PLUS all the surrounding property which includes a house behind the church, and an additional 3 acres of ground, all for only $40,000.00!

They are now in the process of renovating the church building itself, and they have torn down the old house behind the church (it was very old, and about to fall down anyway)!

Thanks for your prayers!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2004, 12:53:31 AM by Michael » Logged
jive4005

God has your back!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2004, 06:47:57 AM »

Sounds like time to find a new place to worship! So sad the family involved are so removed from Christ. Let's pray for them too!

O Abba... be the great way-maker here. Help Your faithful in their search to resolve this thing... and draw this unsaved family to the foot of the cross... in Jesus' name, amen

Deke

Are you really living the Christian life?
jive4005@hotmail.com
archangel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2004, 10:59:07 AM »

May the Lord bless this minister and his congregation as well as this new beginning.  The church belongs to God and the building is just that, a building.  May this church grow bigger, better and stronger in the light of God's love. And God's blessing on you, Michael, for caring enough to ask for prayer in this matter.

archangel

Psa 119:11  Thy word have I laid up in my heart, That I might not sin against thee.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the