Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:23:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Wounded American Soldier
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wounded American Soldier  (Read 2854 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2003, 02:58:05 PM »

At Walter Reed Medical Center in Washington DC recently the Sergeant Major of the US Army, Jack Tilley was with a group of people visiting wounded Soldiers. He saw a Special Forces Soldier who had lost his right hand and suffered severe wounds to his face and side of his body. The SMA wanted to honor and show him respect without embarrassing him, but what can you say or do in such a situation that will encourage and uplift? How do you shake the right hand of a Soldier who has none? He decided to act as though the hand were not missing and so he tenderly gripped the Soldiers wrist while speaking words of comfort and encouragement to him.

But there was another man in that group of visitors who had even brought  his wife with him to visit the wounded and that man knew exactly what to  do. He reverently took the Soldier's stump of an arm in both of his  hands, bowed at his bedside and prayed for him. When he finished the  prayer he stood up, bent over his bedside, and kissed him on the head and  told him that he loved him. What an incredible and powerful _expression of  love for one of our wounded Soldiers! And what a beautiful Christ-like  example! What kind of a man would kneel in such humility and submission  to the Living God of the Bible?

That man was the wounded man's Commander-in-Chief, George W. Bush: a  true and Godly leader. His actions that day spoke far more loudly than  any words he could have spoken - and those words were an Honor to each and every man who has ever given as that wounded Soldier had done.

This story was told by the SMA at a Soldiers Breakfast held at Red Arsenal, AL, and recorded by Chaplain James Henderson who was stationed there. Pass it on...the press won't.

Author Unknown.

In Christ.

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2003, 06:20:23 PM »

Wow. That is really powerful, and really beautiful. Thanks for sharing. We've got a good one in office, methinks.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2003, 08:12:42 PM »

Wow. That is really powerful, and really beautiful. Thanks for sharing. We've got a good one in office, methinks.

I agree that George Bush is a good President, and I will vote for him again. It's ironic that publicity about his actions with the wounded American soldier would have drawn criticism from many sectors. I think that he is doing an excellent job during a very difficult time in history for America.

In Christ.

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2003, 09:40:36 PM »

Thank you, bep.  That's wonderful to know.  And your point that the press won't pass that on....yep, I guess that's true.  We all must be politically correct now.  Can't mention any "embarassing" moments.  

As believers, we all must be ready to do similarly, when the opportunity presents itself.  This speaks much for President Bush.  Thank you.  I will remember him, and this patient, in my prayers, In Jesus' Name.

That reminds me of the incident I read of regarding John Wayne, in WWII.  He wasn't, to my knowledge, in uniform during the war, but starred any many hero epics.  Anyway, the noted author William Manchester, in either his Memoirs or his American Caesar(about MacArthur), as I recall, recounts what happened when Wayne visited an amputee ward in Hawaii.  He was booed off the wing--John Wayne, booed out of the amputee ward.

Another story, but funny though, during the same time, when Bob Hope, the comedian, walked into a similar ward:  "Don't get up, don't get up", he says.

What a sight.  "Don't get up, don't get up," in an amputee ward...

These are terrible things though.  Thank you for your reminder, bep.

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2003, 12:29:41 AM »

Humbling and inspiring.  Amen and amen.

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2003, 04:36:46 AM »

At Walter Reed Medical Center in Washington DC recently the Sergeant Major of the US Army, Jack Tilley was with a group of people visiting wounded Soldiers. He saw a Special Forces Soldier who had lost his right hand and suffered severe wounds to his face and side of his body. The SMA wanted to honor and show him respect without embarrassing him, but what can you say or do in such a situation that will encourage and uplift? How do you shake the right hand of a Soldier who has none? He decided to act as though the hand were not missing and so he tenderly gripped the Soldiers wrist while speaking words of comfort and encouragement to him.

But there was another man in that group of visitors who had even brought  his wife with him to visit the wounded and that man knew exactly what to  do. He reverently took the Soldier's stump of an arm in both of his  hands, bowed at his bedside and prayed for him. When he finished the  prayer he stood up, bent over his bedside, and kissed him on the head and  told him that he loved him. What an incredible and powerful _expression of  love for one of our wounded Soldiers! And what a beautiful Christ-like  example! What kind of a man would kneel in such humility and submission  to the Living God of the Bible?

That man was the wounded man's Commander-in-Chief, George W. Bush: a  true and Godly leader. His actions that day spoke far more loudly than  any words he could have spoken - and those words were an Honor to each and every man who has ever given as that wounded Soldier had done.

This story was told by the SMA at a Soldiers Breakfast held at Red Arsenal, AL, and recorded by Chaplain James Henderson who was stationed there. Pass it on...the press won't.

Author Unknown.

In Christ.

Thank you

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2003, 06:04:39 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

My cousin sent a copy of that E-mail to me, and it really did match what I would have thought about our President. I've seen some real emotions on televised events, and it does not surprise me at all to find out that he prays often and does many warm and kind acts frequently. I really can't remember the last President who used the word "Jesus" on national television, but I know it's been a long time.

We need to continue in prayer for him that God gives him strength, courage, and wisdom to carry his burdens and make the right decisions for the future of America.

In Christ.

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2003, 11:01:40 AM »

Hmm.  That's a good question.  When WAS the last time a president used the name Jesus on national TV??

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2003, 10:59:54 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

I just thought I would let you know that the E-mail passed around about the wounded American soldier is an embellishment, according to a couple of legend/rumor places on the Internet.

According to Snopes and Truth or Fiction, the President didn't pray for the wounded soldier and was not with the reported Sergeant Major. The rest of it was fairly accurate. I didn't know about Snopes or any of these other sites until this week, but I wouldn't have time to check every E-mail I get anyway. Both of these places have word for word the same E-mail sent to me by a family member. No, I didn't write it.  Wink

It's somewhat strange that some folks have the time to start rumors or embellish events.

In Christ.

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2003, 03:04:31 AM »

Hmmm, bep, that's too bad.  That was the crux of the story--President Bush praying for the soldier, there.

On the other hand, it's sorta like the historical facts of the Bible.  Even if they weren't true, wouldn't the lesson still be the same--that if the Creator returned in human form, we would kill Him(er, or, um, "try" to kill Him)?

It would seem similarly here; even if the story isn't true, the lesson still holds:  We have to be as ready as Pres. Bush was there in the story.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2003, 12:34:05 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Symphony,

E-mail is really getting to be quite a pain. Virus, hoaxes, SPAM, more SPAM, trojans, worms, and more SPAM. Reference the story about President Bush, it would seem there would be more than enough true human interest type stories without making any up or embellishing any.

I did get something really good from Snopes that I learned about while exploring a little bit. There is a Paypal Credit Card scam that I got hit with about 24 hours after I read about it, and I do use Paypal. The scam is to get your info and number and not be Paypal.

If anyone needs to grow hair, change your appearance, or change body parts, please let me know and I'll give you a ton of E-mail that I haven't figured out how to block yet. I'll give them away FREE.   Grin

If I go completely bald, I'll simply save money on haircuts. Is there someone out there that actually buys this junk from the mass E-mails? If so, I have some land in Florida I want to talk to you about.  Wink

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2003, 01:34:17 PM »

Yes, I know, bep.  Apparently someone must be buying.  But I understand the spam is sent out by the tens of millions per batch, at virtually no cost?  So you can see the incentive to do it, I guess.  And with no taxes, and no regulation.

Yes, I heard about that PayPal thing.  You know I just notice something 'bout PayPal.

Years ago I remember doing an eschatology study, and the author of that particular series suggested that the Harlot of Revelation represents a dual personality--that she's both the Church(many say the Roman Catholic church), but also, she's world Commerce.

I was just thinking, "PayPal" sure looks an awful lot like "Papal", if you say it in just the right way...

(hehe--The Twilight Zone---doodoodoodoodoodoodoodoo...)

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2003, 11:57:04 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Symphony,

If someone wants to separate me from my money, IT WOULD BE A VERY SHORT TRIP. I'm not sure what the limit is on the credit card, but the trip it would finance would almost be local and no frills.  Wink

Reference the end days or years, we may be there. I, for one, don't care, the sooner the better.

In Christ.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the