Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:07:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Lying About Iraq?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lying About Iraq?  (Read 3434 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2005, 08:48:16 PM »

Brother Beps, those comments above are so right on the mark. The recent call to stop the terrorists acts in Iraq and move it to American soil is already quite noticeable in Iraq. It is only a matter of time for it to begin on American soil again.

I pray that all the safeguards our govn't has put into place since 9/11 are effective enough to prevent these attempts.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
cagorham

Praise the Lord

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2005, 02:13:17 PM »

I will simply pray at least daily that God watches over the courageous men and women who are trying to stop the terrorists of the world and put them out of business. I will also thank them from the bottom of my heart for their service and sacrifice.

My friend,

I would hope that you would pray also for the terrorists.
Does not the Lord's opportunity for grace shines on the just and the unjust?? You must understand, a Christian's war is against Satan not man. Christ's goal is for his servants to PREACH the gospel to every man (terrorists or non-terrorist) so they may have salvation. PLEASE PRAY FOR YOUR ENEMIES TOO.

The Lord commands his children to so:

[27] "But I say to you that hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,
[28] bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you.

The pride of America ranks below serving the Lord who shows no favortism.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2005, 02:24:21 PM »

cagorham,

I, too, pray for all of our enemies that they will see the light and accept Jesus Christ as their Saviour. I also pray for all in the world that do not know Jesus will soon come to know Him as their Saviour.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2005, 03:24:57 PM »

Cagorham Said:

My friend,

I would hope that you would pray also for the terrorists.
Does not the Lord's opportunity for grace shines on the just and the unjust?? You must understand, a Christian's war is against Satan not man. Christ's goal is for his servants to PREACH the gospel to every man (terrorists or non-terrorist) so they may have salvation. PLEASE PRAY FOR YOUR ENEMIES TOO.

The Lord commands his children to so:

[27] "But I say to you that hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,
[28] bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you.

The pride of America ranks below serving the Lord who shows no favortism.

Cagorham,

I do pray for the terrorists of this world. If they accepted Jesus, they would stop killing the helpless and innocent people all over the world.

Reference the pride of America, that has absolutely nothing to do with the war in Iraq. The war in Iraq is about terrorism, defense, and stalling the ignition of something 1,000 or 10,0000 times worse. So, it's about peace, safety, and freedom for many countries. There will come a day when Bible prophecy is unfolded, and things will be a million times worse. When that appointed time comes, no power will be able to slow, stall or stop it.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 8:31-34  What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2005, 03:48:41 PM »

Brother Beps, those comments above are so right on the mark. The recent call to stop the terrorists acts in Iraq and move it to American soil is already quite noticeable in Iraq. It is only a matter of time for it to begin on American soil again.

I pray that all the safeguards our govn't has put into place since 9/11 are effective enough to prevent these attempts.

Pastor Roger,

Brother, I'm a pretty positive person, but I think that everyone needs to think about reality. Stopping terrorism is almost as possible as stopping crime. Israel has some of the best counter-terrorism operations and tactics in the world, and we see how they must live.

Our vulnerability is much greater than Israel's. America is soft target rich for terrorists. There is no irony that our freedoms and way of life make for easy targets across America. The same is true for any other country with freedoms anywhere close to those of America.

I know that many, especially our Armed Services, have done a magnificent job in keeping America safe since 9-11. If anyone would have asked me if such success would be possible, I would have said NO. Now is it more than 3 years past 9-11, and I would quickly say that everyone who has anything to do with homeland security has done almost the impossible, especially the Armed Forces. In reflection, I would think taking the battle to the terrorists is the biggest factor in our current safety. However, I'm sorry to say that there will be more 9-11s on American soil, maybe smaller but maybe larger, and the number of attacks would be pure speculation.

Brother, if this is the unfolding of Bible prophecy, no nation will be safe or secure, and no nation will be able to slow or stall it by even a second. Until that time, I'm convinced that our Armed Services, police agencies, and intelligence agencies will do the best job possible. This should also be a matter of prayer for everyone.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Isaiah 30:26  Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.

cagorham

Praise the Lord

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2005, 05:12:18 PM »

My friend,

Let me first just say I rejoice in the fact that you do pray for your enemies and I apologize for assuming you don't. Also,
I share your concerns for the dangers upon the world not that not only our country face, but the world. But you have to understand, these things must happen to fulfill prophecy and as you said in a previos post, it will get a million times worse.

Here's what the Lord has said about trying times:

Mark chapter 13 verses 7-10

[7] And when you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be alarmed; this must take place, but the end is not yet.
[8] For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; there will be earthquakes in various places, there will be famines; this is but the beginning of the birth-pangs.
[9] "But take heed to yourselves; for they will deliver you up to councils; and you will be beaten in synagogues; and you will stand before governors and kings for my sake, to bear testimony before them.
[10] And the gospel must first be preached to all nations.

Take note to the last verse.The gospel MUST be preached FIRST.

Taking the battle to the enemies means "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth" mindset. This is not what the scriptures teaches and is exactly what Satan wants people to do.
The devil has America by the throat because she promotes herself as a virgin and pure before the world (vanity and pride). She believes she sets the example to the rest of the world on how to conduct ourselves. Yet America's sins are as high as heaven.

If anything my friend, please see that the TRUE war in the world isn't PHYSICAL, but SPIRITUAL.

SelahJoy

Pray and praise about everything.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2005, 11:12:30 AM »

Hello Brothers in the Lord,

I just read your discussion above and find it interesting that the bulk of conversation on this website (Christians Unite) about the war is found under the Politics heading.  As a newbie, I have browsed the site looking for major entries, current events, prayer requests and the like, thinking Iraq and the military might be mentioned there.  Sadly, there is little discussion elsewhere on the subject.

So I write to you recognizing that my interjection is a segway out of political discussion and into intercessory and ministry discussion (perhaps I should have looked under the ministry heading....)  To make this segway, let me share a personal story.  At a given moment during the past few years, I was faced with a decision about where my focus would lie on the Iraqi Operation Freedom issue.  Would it be on political debate (usually posed "around the water cooler"), the headline news (glaring at me as I entered my workplace each morning), or the word of God?  

Not to say your "think tank" discussion is wrong, but for this mother of an American soldier in Iraq, the word of God became my focus.  During my son's deployment, I received about 95% of my "news" from the Bible (intercession and prayer), 4% news from my son's Iraqi-soil perspective, and 1% from other sources.  I say this to emphasize the fact that although there are some differences in our focus, we are all united in one Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  I trust we all want to see His purpose, His will, and His heart's desire for souls won into His kingdom, and to be accomplished in Iraq.  So it is from this point that I want to jump ahead and mention some issues that are burning desires inside me.

Although salvation is God's desire, not one American soldier was killed on election day!  Whatever military strategy they employed that day worked!  Why can't the military do it again?  Think like a mom.  You've got two kids fighting.  One is innocent and the other is guilty.  If you can't figure out who is which, you might ground them both to their rooms.  Eventually, the guilty one will get anxious and try sneaking out.  Then, you identify the guilty one and deal with him.  Yes, I realize that provisions would need to be made available in the homes for the innocent citizens.  (I won't go into all the details of my strategy here.)  But the point is that whatever strategies the forces are employing are almost daily ending in deaths.  It seems insane to keep doing the same thing over and over when it results in the same destruction over and over.  The daily body count reminds me of VietNam.  Don't you think we need a new strategic plan over there?

Also, I've thought quite a bit about the salvation of souls over there, not only within the military but also among the Iraqi people.  Bottomline, I believe salvation is God's heart.  If there can be any lasting glory to our Lord, let it be that souls are saved forever.  With that as God's heart, how can we Americans share the love of Jesus with the Iraqi people?  It's doubtful that we can send missionaries, (not that I want to go right now) but what about communication with Iraqi's.  What are the rules, the options, and the opportunities for relationships between Iraqi and American citizens--not military to Iraqi, but US civilian to Iraqi civilian?

Finally, I would like to respond to numerous comments that I read in your posts above, but there are simply too many to state in one reply.  I'll summarize by saying this:  Immediately after 911, the entire United States opened its voice and prayed "God bless America!"  Scores of people sought God.  Within months, the number dwindled.  I'm personally asking anyone who reads this to join me--even if we never even email each other--join me in daily fervent prayer for the salvation and safety of our military personnel and the Iraqi people, even the insurgeants!!  Further, while it is true that the United States has most impressive military and political power, as I have prayed many times, the Lord impressed me that His victory in Iraq will be accomplished when enough Christians want it enough to humbly set aside our American past-times and fervently, obediently pray.  In no way am I advocating passivism because I agree with the opinion that it comes out of Humanism.  However, while our military men and women are on the front, we should be fighting the battle with as much intensity--on our knees!  Eph 6:12, Daniel 10, II Cor 10:3-5. Romans 8:26  These are some of the references from whence I have learned these truthes.  I'll close with this, and again I believe this is God's teaching about His truth.  As mighty and impressive as our country's military is, the key that brings victory is praying the WORDS of God.  (Lt Cash testified about 2003 Iraq, and others in the pages of history have testified about WWII)  Yes, victory in Iraq will be won by the word of God, "not by might, not by power, but by My Spirit," says the Lord.

"Faith without works is dead."  James 2:26  We need military presence against terrorism, but in greater measure, we need prayer.

Thank you for allowing me to share with you.  I hope you write back.

selahjoy*
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2005, 12:02:46 PM »

SelahJoy,

While I agree wholeheartedly with your overall post (how can one disagree with the word of God?), I must disagree with a certain point.

In no way can anyone equate the "body count" in Iraq with that of Viet Nam. While even one death of any of our Troops is an unacceptable number it is in no way comparible to Viet Nam (I was there also). Election day in Iraq was defintely unusual but can be accounted for. For one thing our Troops were ordered to be in a low profile that day, almost a complete stand down, for political reasons. There was no forward movement of troops that day. They were pretty much stationary. It is during forward movement that most casualties are encountered. Any time there is war there will be unfortunate casualties.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2005, 12:12:50 PM »

SelahJoy,

One more point. If you check in the prayer requests you will see requests for prayers for our Troops and the Iraqi people.

SelahJoy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2005, 12:34:29 PM »

In no way can anyone equate the "body count" in Iraq with that of Viet Nam...Election day in Iraq was defintely unusual but can be accounted for...our Troops were ordered to be in...almost a complete stand down, for political reasons. There was no forward movement of troops that day...

Pastor,

As you probably can tell, I know nothing about military strategy.  I only mentioned that because I hoped to gain some understanding.  So thanks for explaining.

I do want to clarify my statement about Viet Nam though.  Of course you are right that the body count is no where near the same now as it was then.  My concern is that SOMETHING needs to change before the Iraqi casualites do near Viet Nam counts.  In my mind, I simply think of this as prevention measures.  With your background, I'm sure you see an end in sight.  At least I hope you do!  I think this is a classic example of a civilian hoping and trusting in our military.  I thank God that we live in America.  

Perhaps that topic can be put to rest.  However, my overall concern for the war is that while the military does its part, Christians are called by God to pray.  I thank God for the body of Christ, unitied in one Lord.

selahjoy*
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2005, 01:12:03 PM »

SelahJoy,

I do see an end to our troops being in Iraq. It is not one that a certain date or time can be placed on. At the very most a minimal amount of our Troops may be kept there for a while as a peace keeping mission just as they are in many different countries at the present time.

There are many things in the works right now to protect our Troops and to lessen their casualties. These sort of things take time and money which some people are not willing to relinquish, this has become a battle in itself (political battles).

There are many good Christians praying for this situation and working throughout the world in this matter. As time permits I will try to post some of the wonderful things taking place through our Troops.

I for one appreciate your concern and support for our Troops and the good works of God.

SelahJoy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2005, 10:50:16 PM »

Pastor Roger,

There is so much going on inside my thoughts and feelings about the situation in Iraq that I took some time to think about what we had discussed.

I want to read more of the posts before I share more.  However, I am also looking forward to seeing your updates about the good things Americans are doing in Iraq.  (My son has told me lots, and the vets that I work with have too.)

Thank you so much for your prayers for the soldiers and the Iraqi people.  Thanks to everyone who is praying about the situation.  Even though my son is home safe, I have four loved ones still over there.  They, in my mind, represent all the people over there needing the Holy Spirit.  Because the Lord said He would do the impossible not by might, not be strength, but by His Spirit!

Whenever you can, please post the wonderful news the troops are doing.  Thank you.

selahjoy*
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the