Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:10:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  Questions, help, suggestions, and bug reports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  salvation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: salvation  (Read 2654 times)
dragon

"Follow me..." (Luke 9:23)

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2005, 11:34:40 PM »

how important is it for salvation to believe that Jesus is God?  what if you believe that he is the savior but God's son and not God himself?

What you are is God's gift to you;
what you do with yourself is your gift to God.

--Danish proverb
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 11:55:22 PM »

how important is it for salvation to believe that Jesus is God?  what if you believe that he is the savior but God's son and not God himself?
That would be in conflict with the Bible. The Trinity is God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. All three are one being, God.

Click on the Christianty Rocks, in my sig... There is a wealth, of information on the first page, for Salvation.

Resting in the Lord's arms.
Bob

dragon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 05:41:36 PM »

i believe Jesus is God, but my friend is a jw and just believes he's God's son.  he's one of the nicest people i have ever met and i was wondering if he wouldn't get saved just because of this belief.  he recognizes Jesus and his savior.

--Danish proverb
The_8th_Person

"My best friend was born in a manger" - DC Talk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 01:54:06 AM »

I have thought about this a lot and have come to this conclusion. I believe that not believing Jesus is God is denying him his holliness and pretty much deny him; your worshiping someone that you believe is over Jesus. Which brings me to another point that you have made up a God in your mind. I worship God the one who is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit anything less than this is not the same.

dragon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2005, 04:36:29 PM »

Sad  don't know what to do to help him.

--Danish proverb
DARRELX

Return off the King

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 06:38:29 AM »

JWs are a tough nut to crack,
They even have their own translation off the Bible (If you didnt know) that alters all the verses that speak off the trinity and with whatever ells disagrees with their doctrine-hey if the Bible doesnt agree with you like change it-lol
So to speak with them on doctrinal things is almost impossible.
I noticed that you said he was a nice guy but that wont get him any free passes into heaven, that guy is on the wrong road, the only thing that you could do is pray that he gets on the right one.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 06:39:45 AM by DARRELX » Logged

Why follow Satan when he has already lost?
dragon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2005, 10:26:26 PM »

Undecided

thanks, i will.

--Danish proverb
The_8th_Person

"My best friend was born in a manger" - DC Talk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2005, 10:58:13 PM »

To go along with praying you should try to be a good friend invite him to some church activities if possable. Hopefully he will see Christ working in all these "trinity believing christians" and think hey maybe there right. My prayers will be with you and your friend.

Angelica

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2005, 09:57:26 PM »

Hey,

I am a new member here.  But not believing Jesus is God is like not believing the word of God.  I want to give you this scripture to read:  John1:1-18.  Also if Jesus wasn't God he wouldn't have been able to take all the beatens and other pains he recieved.  If he was only human he would have died instantly.  Jesus said God and I are one.  So not believing Jesus is God is not believing the word of God.

Thanks,
Angelica

Ps: there is God the Father,God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.  The triune God. (Trinity) Smiley

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2005, 08:47:06 AM »

Mark 1

1.  The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

Luke 1

35.  And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

John 1

34.  And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

John 3

18.  He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 5

25.  Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

John 9

35.  Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?
 36.  He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?
 37.  And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.
 38.  And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.

John 10

36.  Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
 37.  If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
 38.  But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

John 11

25.  Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
 26.  And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
 27.  She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.

John 20

30.  And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:
 31.  But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Acts 8
 27.  And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship,
 28.  Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.
 29.  Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.
 30.  And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?
 31.  And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.
 32.  The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:
 33.  In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.
 34.  And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?
 35.  Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.
 36.  And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
 37.  And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Acts 9

20.  And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

Romans 1

3.  Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
 4.  And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:
 5.  By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

Ephesians 4

13.  Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

1 John 8

8.  He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

1 John 4

15.  Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God

1 John 5

5.  Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

1 John 5

10.  He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

And on and on there are so many verses telling us that believing Jesus is the Son of God is the faith, and therein is salvation, not that He is God.

Show me scripturally where salvation and faith is dependent on believng Jesus is God

ollie

All scripture quotes are from the KJV.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 08:52:25 AM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
Angelica

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2005, 09:15:03 PM »

Ok did you read John 1:1-18

Thanks,
Angelica
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2005, 02:18:26 PM »

Ok did you read John 1:1-18

Thanks,
Angelica
Hi,

I do not see the connection in those verses having to do with salvation being dependant on Jesus as God or even that such is a requirement for salvation. The Bible points to Faith in Jesus as the Son of God. Perhaps that is not your reason for giving the verses, but it came after my question and I thought so.

Your welcome,
ollie

Support your local Christian.
Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2005, 12:49:12 PM »

Here are some verses that prove Jesus is God. Hope this helps you.

Deuteronomy 32:3-4

Because I will publish the name of the Lord: ascribe ye greatness unto out God.  He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment; a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Matthew 17:18

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

John 20:25-28

The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord.  But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.  And after eight days agian his disciples were within and Thomas with them; then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.  Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.  And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Isaiah 42:1-4

Behold my servent, whom I uphold, mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit up him; he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.  He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street.  A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.  He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law.

Matthew 12:15-21

But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all: And charged them that they should not make him known:  That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esa'ias the prophet,saying,  Behold my servent, whom thy soul is well pleased:  I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgement to the Gentiles.  He shall not strive, nor cry neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.  A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.  And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Jesus is our first, last and only hope.  Without Him we would be nothing.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the