Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:31:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A Worthy Quote
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 129 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Worthy Quote  (Read 216337 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2005, 11:46:34 PM »

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say, 'What should be the reward of such sacrifices?' Bid us and our posterity bow the knee, supplicate the friendship, and plough, and sow, and reap, to glut the avarice of the men who have let loose on us the dogs of war to riot in our blood and hunt us from the face of the earth? If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!"                                            --Samuel Adams

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2005, 11:49:20 PM »

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the Sermon on the Mount....The world has achieved brilliance without conscience. Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants."          --General Omar Bradley

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2005, 12:35:26 AM »

"We have to fix it or Rumsfeld may never retire." --President Bush, on Social Security, at the annual Gridiron Dinner
----------------------------------------------------------

"Oprah is so rich that I saw John Kerry proposing to her just an hour ago." --Chris Rock, at the Academy Awards
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 12:36:43 AM by DreamWeaver » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2005, 02:20:29 PM »

Grin   Grin  Good one, especially on John Kerry.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2005, 03:51:26 PM »

"What is it that causes trouble in marriages?  It is amazing how many people don't seem to know.  Essentially, it is one thing: Sin!  I don't care whether it the sin of pride, hard-hearted unwillingness to forgive or to humble oneself or to admit mistakes, selfishness, lust, or whatever other sin of infidelity there might be, all of these are simply sins. The Word of God is the great cleansing water that washes away our sin and wears down the rough edges in our personalities, which makes us livable for other people."                 --Dr. D. James Kennedy

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2005, 03:56:47 PM »

"A day of decision is upon us.  Whether it was the legalization
of abortion, the banning of school prayer, the expulsion of the 10
Commandments from public spaces, or the starvation of Terri Schiavo, decisions by the courts have not only changed our nation's course, but even led to the taking of human lives.  As the liberal, anti-Christian dogma of the left has been repudiated in almost every recent election, the courts have become the last great bastion for liberalism.  For years activist courts, aided by liberal interest groups like the ACLU, have been quietly working under the veil of the judiciary, like thieves in the night, to rob us of our Christian heritage and our religious freedoms.  Federal judges have systematically grabbed power, usurping the constitutional authority that resides in the other two branches of
government and, ultimately, in the American people."                   --Tony Perkins

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2005, 05:07:47 AM »

THE FOUNDATION

"The belief in a God All Powerful wise and good, is so essential to the moral order of the world and to the happiness of man, that arguments which enforce it cannot be drawn from too many sources nor adapted with too much solicitude to the different characters and capacities impressed with it." --James Madison

THE GIPPER

"To our mothers we owe our highest esteem, for it is from their gift of life that the flow of events begins that shapes our destiny.  A mother's love, nurturing and beliefs are among the strongest influences molding the development and character of our youngsters.  As Henry Ward Beecher wrote, 'What a mother sings to the cradle goes all the way down to the coffin'." --Ronald Reagan

From The Federalist Patriot:

SUBSCRIBE: FREE by E-mail! Get your own subscription to The Patriot!
http://FederalistPatriot.US/subscribe/

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2005, 05:02:04 PM »

"Non-Christians seem to think that the Incarnation implies some
particular merit or excellence in humanity.  But of course it implies
just the reverse: a particular demerit and depravity.  No creature
that deserved Redemption would need to be redeemed.  They that are whole need not the physician.  Christ died for men precisely because men are not worth dying for; to make them worth it."    
               --C. S. Lewis

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2005, 05:21:12 PM »

"If children prayed together, would they not understand what they have in common, and would this not, indeed, bring them closer, and is this not to be desired?  So, I submit to you that those who claim to be fighting for tolerance on this issue may not be tolerant at all. ...The churches of America do not exist by the grace of the state; the churches of America are not mere citizens of the state.  The churches of America exist apart; they have their own vantage point, their own authority.  Religion is its own realm; it makes its own claims.  We establish no religion in this country, nor will we ever.  We command no worship.  We mandate no belief. But we poison our society when we remove its theological underpinnings. We court corruption when we leave it bereft of belief.  All are free to believe or not believe; all are free to practice a faith or not. But those who believe must be free to speak of and act on their belief, to apply moral teaching to public questions.  I submit to you that the tolerant society is open to and encouraging of all religions. And this does not weaken us; it strengthens us. ... You know, if we look back through history to all those great civilizations, those great nations that rose up to even world dominance and then deteriorated, declined, and fell, we find they all had one thing in common.  One of the significant forerunners of their fall was their turning away from their God. ... Without God, there is no virtue, because there's no prompting of the conscience.  Without God, we're mired in the material, that flat world that tells us only what the senses perceive.  Without God, there is a coarsening of the society.  And without God, democracy will not and cannot long endure.  If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under."      --Ronald Reagan

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2005, 09:51:46 PM »

"We have a strange illusion that mere time cancels sin.  I have heard others, and I have heard myself, recounting cruelties and falsehoods committed in boyhood as if they were not concern of the present speaker's, and even with laughter.  But mere time does nothing either to the fact or to the guilt of a sin. The guilt is washed out not by time but by repentance and the blood of Christ."              

C. S. Lewis

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2005, 11:38:05 PM »

At the risk of rerunning a quote (even though it deserves to be rerun):

"The nine most feared words in the English language are, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
Ronald Reagan

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2005, 09:20:27 AM »

JudgeNot,

Cheesy  Good one - I think that I actually remember him saying that. I liked President Reagan and really enjoyed listening to him talk.  Another one for the GIPPER.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 11:33  O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2005, 07:12:16 PM »

"The president and those who wish to see the Constitution restored to its 'original intent' need to reteach it if they are to overcome the liberal orthodoxy expressed by the late Chief Justice Charles Evans Hughes and echoed recently by Attorney General Alberto Gonzales that 'the Constitution is what the judges say it is.'  Try that at the supermarket. Is a pound what the shopper says it is, or do scales, which rely on a standard, determine a pound's true weight? Would we get away with telling a police officer who pulls us over for speeding, 'I decided that 70 miles per hour is 55 for me'? Why, then, this constantly changing Constitution that is in the minds of liberals to be altered like a suit of clothes to fit the wearer, rather than a document to which all must conform if the general welfare is to be promoted? It is because those revisionists know they can't use the legislative process to ram through any of their social engineering ideas.... They know the people (with the possible exception of a majority in Massachusetts) would vote them out of office and so they turn to unelected judges, appointed for life, to do their ideological dirty work for them.  If the Constitution is to again be seen as a finished document that has been refinished in recent years, the president must foreswear any talk of 'moderation' and 'conciliation' in his choice of court nominees.  Truth cannot be moderated. ... The president owes the country an ideological battle, which he can win if he is willing to fight it. ... He should not only campaign for his nominee(s), he should act like a teacher, quoting the Federalist Papers and the Constitution and making his case that this great document served America well until some judges began tampering with it." --Cal Thomas

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2005, 12:39:46 AM »

"abstinence works every time it's tried." When has abstinence created AIDS, STDs and unplanned pregnancies? Answer: NOT ONCE!"
Rush Limbaugh

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2005, 07:09:16 AM »

Good one Dreamweaver!

"What would happen if all these neutral nations...were with
one spontaneous impulse to do their duty...and were to stand
together...against aggression and wrong? At present their plight is lamentable; and it will become much worse. They bow humbly and in fear to...threats of violence. ... Each one hopes that if he feeds the crocodile enough, the crocodile will eat him last. All of them hope that the storm will pass before their turn comes to be devoured. But I fear...the storm will not pass. It will rage and it will roar, ever more loudly, ever more widely. It will spread to the South; it will spread to the North. There is no chance of a speedy end except through united action."    --Sir Winston Churchill

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 129 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the