Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:38:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286969 Posts in 27571 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A Worthy Quote
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 129 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Worthy Quote  (Read 258150 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #270 on: June 29, 2006, 08:52:52 PM »

God is our true Friend, who always gives us the counsel and comfort we need. Our danger lies in resisting Him; so it is essential that we acquire the habit of hearkening to His voice, or keeping silence within, and listening so as to lose nothing of what He says to us. We know well enough how to keep outward silence, and to hush our spoken words, but we know little of interior silence. It consists in hushing our idle, restless, wandering imagination, in quieting the promptings of our worldly minds, and in suppressing the crowd of unprofitable thoughts which excite and disturb the soul.  -  François Fénelon

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: June 29, 2006, 08:54:23 PM »

We don't always need to know where we are going as long as we know whom we are following. God is in control. Even when we wind up in strange places or unusual circumstances, the Father is not caught by surprise.  =  Mike Clay

Deepest communion with God is beyond words, on the other side of silence.  = Madeleine L'Engle

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: June 29, 2006, 08:56:21 PM »

Adversity is not simply a tool. It is God's most effective tool for the advancement of our spiritual lives. The circumstances and events that we see as setbacks are oftentimes the very things that launch us into periods of intense spiritual growth. Once we begin to understand this, and accept it as a spiritual fact of life, adversity becomes easier to bear.  =  Charles Stanley

There seems to be a notion abroad that if we talk enough and pray enough, revival will set in like a stock market boom or a winning streak on a baseball club. We appear to be waiting for some sweet chariot to swing low and carry us into the Big Rock Candy Mountain of religious experience... a kind of benign miracle, a feverish renaissance of religious activity that will come upon us, leaving us morally as we are now, except that we will be a lot happier and there will be a great many more of us....  =  A. W. Tozer

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 02, 2006, 02:16:39 PM »

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds"- Samuel Adams

"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may be even a worse fate. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
-- Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill on the eve of Britain's entry into World War II

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 02, 2006, 02:24:33 PM »

Samuel Adams,
All might be free if they valued freedom, and defended it as they should.

The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil Constitution, are worth defending at all hazards; and it is our duty to defend them against all attacks. We have received them as a fair inheritance from our worthy ancestors: they purchased them for us with toil and danger and expense of treasure and blood, and transmitted them to us with care and diligence. It will bring an everlasting mark of infamy on the present generation, enlightened as it is, if we should suffer them to be wrested from us by violence without a struggle, or to be cheated out of them by the artifices of false and designing men.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 02, 2006, 02:31:27 PM »

Pro 1:7  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 03, 2006, 10:04:11 AM »

The best part of beauty is that which no picture can express. -Bacon

The serene, silent beauty of a holy life is the most powerful influence in the world, next to the might of God. -Pasca

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 04, 2006, 04:00:53 PM »

"The day of our nation's birth in that little hall in Philadelphia, [was] a day on which debate had raged for hours. The men gathered there were honorable men hard-pressed by a king who had flouted the very laws they were willing to obey. Even so, to sign the Declaration of Independence was such an irretrievable act that the walls resounded with the words 'treason, the gallows, the headsman's axe,' and the issue remained in doubt. [On that day] 56 men, a little band so unique we have never seen their like since, had pledged their lives, their fortunes and their sacred honor. Some gave their lives in the war that followed, most gave their fortunes, and all preserved their sacred honor... In recent years, however, I've come to think of that day as more than just the birthday of a nation. It also commemorates the only true philosophical revolution in all history. Oh, there have been revolutions before and since ours. But those revolutions simply exchanged one set of rules for another. Ours was a revolution that changed the very concept of government. Let the Fourth of July always be a reminder that here in this land, for the first time, it was decided that man is born with certain God-given rights; that government is only a convenience created and managed by the people, with no powers of its own except those voluntarily granted to it by the people. We sometimes forget that great truth, and we never should." — Ronald Reagan

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 04, 2006, 04:10:38 PM »

The Patriot Post
Founders' Quote Daily

"Proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants
thereof - Lev. XXV, v. X"

Inscription on the Liberty Bell, from Leviticus 25:10

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: July 04, 2006, 08:22:31 PM »

In worship our relationship with Christ is established, maintained, and repaired. Christ meets us in our act of celebrating his death and resurrection. In this worship encounter, the Spirit brings us the very real benefits of Christ's death - salvation, healing, comfort, hope, guidance, and assurance. Through this encounter, order and meaning come into our lives. Through worship, a right ordering of God, the world, self, and neighbour is experienced, and the worshiper receives a peace that passes understanding. Simply put, worship is an it-is-well-with-my-soul experience. - Robert Webber

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #280 on: July 04, 2006, 08:23:27 PM »

To every toiling, heavy-laden sinner, Jesus says, "Come to me and rest". But there are many toiling, heavy-laden believers, too. For them this same invitation is meant. Note well the words of Jesus, if you are heavy-laden with your service, and do not mistake it. It is not, "Go, labor on," as perhaps you imagine. On the contrary, it is stop, turn back, "Come to me and rest." Never, never did Christ send a heavy laden one to work; never, never did He send a hungry one, a weary one, a sick or sorrowing one, away on any service. For such the Bible only says, "Come, come, come." - James Hudson Taylor

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #281 on: July 04, 2006, 08:26:28 PM »

God grants liberty only to those who love it and are always ready to guard and defend it.  -  Daniel Webster
======================================================

It is in vain, sir, to extentuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace--but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death! - Patrick Henry 

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 06, 2006, 12:26:26 PM »

Let us never tolerate outrageous conspiracy theories concerning the attacks of September the 11th; malicious lies that attempt to shift the blame away from the terrorists, themselves, away from the guilty.

George W. Bush

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 06, 2006, 12:30:29 PM »

The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil Constitution, are worth defending at all hazards; and it is our duty to defend them against all attacks. We have received them as a fair inheritance from our worthy ancestors: they purchased them for us with toil and danger and expense of treasure and blood, and transmitted them to us with care and diligence. It will bring an everlasting mark of infamy on the present generation, enlightened as it is, if we should suffer them to be wrested from us by violence without a struggle, or to be cheated out of them by the artifices of false and designing men.

Samuel Adams

This was said about the United States yet we could change a few words here and there and it would also apply to Jesus Christ and the Kingdom of Heaven. We need to support our Lord without fear of others and what they might do to us. To stand fast in His word without wavering.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: July 06, 2006, 04:32:18 PM »

Jesus, like any good fisherman, first catches the fish; then He cleans them.  -  Mark Potter

What are our lame praises in comparison with His love? Nothing, and less than nothing; but love will stammer rather than be dumb.  -  Robert Leighton

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 129 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the