Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 09:29:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286969 Posts in 27571 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A Worthy Quote
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 129 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Worthy Quote  (Read 258104 times)
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 28, 2006, 03:00:46 PM »

Make me a captive, Lord, And then I shall be free; Force me to render up my sword, And I shall conqueror be.  I sink in life's alarms When by myself I stand; Imprison me within Thine arms, And strong shall be my Hand. -Matheson

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 28, 2006, 03:51:22 PM »

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.  ~Thomas Paine

This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.  ~Elmer Davis

Freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so it must be daily earned and refreshed - else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots, it will wither and die.  ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: June 28, 2006, 08:33:51 PM »

We have been the recipients of the choicest bounties of Heaven. We have been preserved these many years in peace and prosperity. We have grown in numbers, wealth and power as no other nation has ever grown. But we have forgotten God...We have vainly imagined, in the deceitfulness of our hearts, that all these blessings were produced by some superior wisdom and virtue of our own. Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have become too self-sufficient to feel the necessity of redeeming and preserving grace, too proud to pray to the God that made us!  -  Abraham Lincoln

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: June 28, 2006, 08:35:24 PM »

Often, in the midst of great problems, we stop short of the real blessing God has for us, which is a fresh vision of who He is.  -  Anne Graham Lotz

God is there to meet you in the center of all your trials, and to whisper His secrets, which will make you come forth with a shining face and an indomitable faith that all the demons of hell shall never afterwards cause to waver.   -  E. A. Kilbourne

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #259 on: June 28, 2006, 08:38:05 PM »

The readiest way to escape from our sufferings is, to be willing they should endure as long as God pleases.  -  John Wesley

There is one vice of which no man in the world is free; which every one in the world loathes when he sees it in someone else; and of which hardly any people, except Christians ever imagine that they are guilty themselves....The essential vice, the utmost evil, is Pride. Unchastity, anger, greed, drunkenness, and all that, are mere fleabites in comparison: it was through Pride that the devil became the devil; Pride leads to every other vice: it is the complete anti-God state of mind...As long as you are proud you cannot know God. A proud man is always looking down on things and people; and, of course, as long as you are looking down, you cannot see something that is above you.  -  (Clive Staples) C. S. Lewis

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 29, 2006, 02:54:55 AM »

The Patriot Post
Founders' Quote Daily

"I now make it my earnest prayer, that God would have you,
and the State over which you preside, in his holy protection,
that he would incline the hearts of the Citizens to cultivate a
spirit of subordination and obedience to Government, to entertain
a brotherly affection and love for one another, for their fellow
Citizens of the United States at large, and particularly for their
brethren who have served in the Field, and finally, that he would
most graciously be pleased to dispose us all, to do Justice, to
love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that Charity, humility
and pacific temper of mind, which were the Characteristicks of
the Divine Author of our blessed Religion, and without an humble
imitation of whose example in these things, we can never hope to
be a happy Nation. "

-- George Washington (circular letter of farewell to the Army,
8 June 1783)

Reference: George Washington: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. (249)

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 29, 2006, 03:05:16 AM »

"One of these days they are going to remove so much of the 'hooey' and the thousands of things the schools have become clogged up with, and we will find that we can educate our broods for about one-tenth of the price and learn 'em something that they might accidentally use after they escape." —Will Rogers

(Small Print:   Grin  )

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 29, 2006, 03:10:35 AM »

"The Marxist vision of man without God must eventually be seen as an empty and a false faith...first proclaimed in the Garden of Eden with whispered words of temptations: 'Ye shall be as gods.' The crisis of the Western World, Whittaker Chambers reminded us, exists to the degree in which it is indifferent to God. 'The western World does not know it,' he said about our struggle, 'but it already possesses the answer to this problem—but only provided that its faith in God and the freedom He enjoins is as great as communism's faith in man.' This is the real task before us: to reassert our commitment as a nation to a law higher than our own, to renew our spiritual strength. Only by building a wall of such spiritual resolve can we, as a free people, hope to protect our own heritage and make it someday the birthright of all men." — Ronald Reagan

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 29, 2006, 03:26:08 AM »

"One day, our grandchildren may ask us what we did when Islamic fascism threatened the free world. Some of us will say we were preoccupied with fighting that threat wherever possible; others will be able to say they fought carbon dioxide emissions. One of us will look bad." — Dennis Prager

ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: June 29, 2006, 08:20:34 AM »

FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL.

Religion tends to want to fix us from the outside in. God wants to fix us from the inside out. The first can become an impossible burden. The latter is what brings freedom. Christianity is not a set of rules and regulations. It is experiencing divine love, divine acceptance and divine forgiveness.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 29, 2006, 01:27:37 PM »

If there is no final authority, then there can be no law that has legitimacy.

"If there is no absolute moral standard then one cannot say in a final sense that anything is right or wrong. By absolute we mean that which applies (to all people), that which provides a final ultimate standard. There must be an absolute if there are to be real values. If there is no absolute beyonds man's ideas, then there is no final appeal to judge between individuals and groups whose moral judgements conflict. We are merely left with conflicting opinions."    Fancis Sxhaeffer

"God's written law, back through the New Testament to Moses' written law; and the content and authority of that written law is rooted back to Him who is the final reality."     Francis Schaeffer

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Rookieupgrade1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 29, 2006, 01:37:17 PM »

If there is no final authority, then there can be no law that has legitimacy.

"If there is no absolute moral standard then one cannot say in a final sense that anything is right or wrong. By absolute we mean that which applies (to all people), that which provides a final ultimate standard. There must be an absolute if there are to be real values. If there is no absolute beyonds man's ideas, then there is no final appeal to judge between individuals and groups whose moral judgements conflict. We are merely left with conflicting opinions."    Fancis Sxhaeffer

"God's written law, back through the New Testament to Moses' written law; and the content and authority of that written law is rooted back to Him who is the final reality."     Francis Schaeffer

Used similar reasoning with my father-in-law. Who without rational basis said........"well, its just human nature for people to be good"

the deceiver is still waging a successful campain

Gary

just doing my best to follow..........
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 29, 2006, 04:35:28 PM »

He not only perfectly understands our caseand our problem, but He has morally, actively, finally solved it.  -  P.T. Forsyth

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 29, 2006, 04:39:04 PM »

For all at once all sin is atoned for on the Cross, the entire fall is erased, and the whole obligation to satan and the entire sentence passed upon the fall of Adam is torn up, cancelled, and annulled by the nails of Jesus. - Count Ludwig Von Zinzendorf

Rookieupgrade1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 29, 2006, 04:45:31 PM »

For all at once all sin is atoned for on the Cross, the entire fall is erased, and the whole obligation to satan and the entire sentence passed upon the fall of Adam is torn up, cancelled, and annulled by the nails of Jesus. - Count Ludwig Von Zinzendorf

AMEN!

Gary

just doing my best to follow..........
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 129 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the