Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 07:36:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286973 Posts in 27572 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A Worthy Quote
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 129 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Worthy Quote  (Read 260469 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: August 30, 2010, 11:56:27 AM »

Founder's Quote Daily

"He was certainly one of the most learned men of the age. It may be said of him as has been said of others that he was a 'walking Library,' and what can be said of but few such prodigies, that the Genius of Philosophy ever walked hand in hand with him." --James Madison, on Thomas Jefferson in a letter to Samuel Harrison Smith, 1826

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: August 31, 2010, 03:37:49 PM »

Founder's Quote Daily

"Some talked, some wrote, and some fought to promote and establish it, but you and Mr. Jefferson thought for us all. I never take a retrospect of the years 1775 and 1776 without associating your opinions and speeches and conversations with all the great political, moral, and intellectual achievements of the Congress of those memorable years." --Benjamin Rush, to John Adams, 1812

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: September 01, 2010, 12:02:09 PM »

Founder's Quote Daily

"First in war, first in peace, and first in the hearts of his countrymen, he was second to none in humble and enduring scenes of private life. Pious, just humane, temperate, and sincere; uniform dignified, and commanding; his example was as edifying to all around him as were the effects of that example lasting; correct throughout, vice shuddered in his presence and virtue always felt his fostering hand. The purity of his private charter gave effulgence to his public virtues;. Such was the man for whom our nation morns." --John Marshall, official eulogy of George Washington, delivered by Richard Henry Lee, 1799

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: September 02, 2010, 02:03:59 PM »

Founder's Quote Daily

"His integrity was most pure, his justice the most inflexible I have ever known, no motives of interest or consanguinity, of friendship or hatred, being able to bias his decision. He was indeed, in every sense of the words, a wise, a good, and a great man." --Thomas Jefferson, on George Washington in a letter to Dr. Walter Jones, 1814

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: September 03, 2010, 02:10:20 PM »

Founder's Quote Daily

"Perhaps the strongest feature in his character was prudence, never acting until every circumstance, every consideration, was maturely weighed; refraining if he saw a doubt, but, when once decided, going through with his purpose, whatever obstacles opposed." --Thomas Jefferson, on George Washington in a letter to Dr. Walter Jones, 1814

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: September 06, 2010, 11:55:32 AM »

Founder's Quote Daily

"Hamilton was indeed a singular character. Of acute understanding, disinterested, honest, and honorable in all private transactions, amiable in society, and duly valuing virtue in private life, yet so bewitched & perverted by the British example, as to be under thoro' conviction that corruption was essential to the government of a nation." --Thomas Jefferson, on Alexander Hamilton in The Anas

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: September 07, 2010, 01:43:59 PM »

Founder's Quote Daily

"[He] will live in the memory and gratitude of the wise & good, as a luminary of Science, as a votary of liberty, as a model of patriotism, and as a benefactor of human kind." --James Madison, on Thomas Jefferson in a letter to Nicholas P. Trist, 1826

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: September 08, 2010, 01:52:54 PM »

Founder's Quote Daily

"I have sometimes asked myself whether my country is the better for my having lived at all? I do not know that it is. I have been the instrument of doing the following things; but they would have been done by others; some of them, perhaps, a little better." --Thomas Jefferson, 1800

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: September 09, 2010, 02:48:13 PM »

Founder's Quote Daily

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with his wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever." --Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, Query 18, 1781

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: September 10, 2010, 11:18:58 AM »

Founder's Quote Daily

"It is the duty of every man to render to the Creator such homage, and such only, as he believes to be acceptable to him. This duty is precedent both in order of time and degree of obligation, to the claims of Civil Society. Before any man can be considered as a member of Civil Society, he must be considered as a subject of the Governor of the Universe." --James Madison, A Memorial and Remonstrance, 1785

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: September 13, 2010, 02:27:08 PM »

Founder's Quote Daily

"I have lived, Sir, a long time; and the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this Truth, that God governs in the Affairs of Men. And if a Sparrow cannot fall to the Ground without his Notice, is it probable that an Empire can rise without his Aid?" --Benjamin Franklin, Motion for Prayers in the Constitutional Convention, 1787

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: September 14, 2010, 11:33:08 AM »

Founder's Quote Daily

"The belief in a God All Powerful wise and good, is so essential to the moral order of the world and to the happiness of man, that arguments which enforce it cannot be drawn from too many sources nor adapted with too much solicitude to the different characters and capacities impressed with it." --James Madison, letter to Frederick Beasley, 1825

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: September 15, 2010, 01:36:09 PM »

Founder's Quote Daily

"A State, I cheerfully admit, is the noblest work of Man: But Man, himself, free and honest, is, I speak as to this world, the noblest work of God…." --James Wilson, Chisholm v. Georgia, 1793

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: September 16, 2010, 03:44:27 PM »

Founder's Quote Daily

"And have we now forgotten that powerful Friend? or do we imagine we no longer need its assistance? I have lived, Sir, a long time; and the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this Truth, that God governs in the Affairs of Men. And if a Sparrow cannot fall to the Ground without his Notice, is it probable that an Empire can rise without his Aid?" --Benjamin Franklin, Motion for Prayers in the Constitutional Convention, 1787

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: September 17, 2010, 10:23:06 AM »

Founder's Quote Daily

"It is the duty of all men in society, publicly, and at stated seasons, to worship the SUPREME BEING, the great Creator and Preserver of the universe. And no subject shall be hurt, molested, or restrained, in his person, liberty, or estate, for worshipping GOD in the manner most agreeable to the dictates of his own conscience; or for his religious profession or sentiments; provided he doth not disturb the public peace, or obstruct others in their religious worship." --John Adams, Thoughts on Government, 1776

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 129 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the