Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 10:36:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286796 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Testimonies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  thou art stronger than I, and hast prevailed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: thou art stronger than I, and hast prevailed  (Read 1783 times)
ivan

God`s servant.

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2005, 10:15:48 AM »

O LORD, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived: thou art stronger than I, and hast prevailed...

I was born in 1977 year in Ekaterinburg (Sverdlovsk) on Ural,  Russia. My parents are come from Siberia, but my roots are in Ukraine because our ancestors were deported there from Ukraine by communists. I was sickly since my birth for those time when we moved in Ukraine because of my health when I was 3 year. Then my parents did not know even who is Jesus. In Ukraine they met believers first time and when I was seven they have repented. It was difficult time for Christians and sometimes we were having  persecution and were mocking for our faith. I was visiting Sunday school with pleasure, reading Bible and praying. Than I grew up and refused God. I was friend with another Christians parents' children which did not serve to God. When I finished the school I came to Mariupol National Technical University.

In University I have met new friends. I was protesting against all and my parents and God.  Sometimes I left home and my parents had many problems with me. I drink, using drugs. I did it almost every day and sometimes many times a day. I cannot without it.  

But God loved and sought me. I felt emptiness insight me and understood that is God's place. I was fighting against Him but Christ have overcame me.
God was fighting against me very tenderly. But one day when I was going to church I understand that today is day of my repentance. For the very beginning of serves I cannot listen to preacher or sing I was fighting with tears. When pastor asked if somebody wish to pray I went in front and kneeled down. I was sobbing like a child. I never cry like this.  

I have repented and God forgave me. He liberated me from drugs and gave me new life. It was the miracle and my old friends did not believe that I am new. It was in 1996 year. In the same year I was baptized.  Later I married. My wife is Christian too. Her name  is Olga, and we have a son Ivan 6 years old. When I finished the University I understood that God is calling me to serve Him... but this is another story.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2005, 07:59:41 AM by ivan » Logged
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 01:03:27 AM »

Gee brother that is a nice testamony !I am happy for you and your house hold .BLESS YOU . Remenber to ask the HOLY SPIRIT everything .HE desires to teach you ALL THINGS .

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the