Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:19:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Is Jesus God? - Part Two
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Jesus God? - Part Two  (Read 182027 times)
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2005, 05:19:34 PM »

Rather than continue "defensively" against scurrilous attacks against Jesus, let's look at the other side of the coin.

Just who is Mohammed in comparison to Jesus.

Jesus performed miracles.
Mohammed didn't (according to Quran).Tongue

Jesus didn't commit any sins, or mistakes.
Mohammed continually received special dispensations from Allah to cover up for his mistakes (according to the Quran).Cool

Jesus died, was buried, and rose again. Grin
Mohammed died, was buried, and remains there.Huh

Umm hmm.   Not much to compare.

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2005, 03:00:10 AM »

AMEN BROTHER HANK!!

Our Saviour Lives, HE lives in us, and we live in HIM.

There is no comparison between JESUS and Mohamed.

Mohamed is a pile of bones turning to dust.

JESUS is LIGHT, LIFE, the LORD OF LORDS, the KING OF KINGS, VERY GOD, ALMIGHTY GOD.

Mohamed was lost, undone, without God, and denied that Jesus Christ is Almighty God. Mohamed denied his CREATOR and is damned forever to the fires of hell.

Jesus Christ did not deny HIMSELF, was obedient even unto death, IS ALMIGHTY GOD, and HE LIVES!

Jesus Christ also died on the Cross for the sins of Mohamed, but Mohamed rejected and blasphemed the HOLY NAME OF JESUS!

In short, Mohamed was just a man who walked in darkness, and he refused the LIGHT AND LIFE OF JESUS CHRIST!

Finally, Mohamed will be judged by ALMIGHTY GOD and punished for eternity for his sin and rejection of JESUS CHRIST! It is too late for Mohamed to repent and be saved. Hosts will follow Mohamed to hell for eternity. For his followers who still physically live, it is not too late for them to repent, confess their sins, and accept Jesus Christ - ALMIGHTY GOD - as their Lord and Saviour forever.

It's really just as bold, blunt, and simple as the above. A Christian is being kind and loving to the lost by stating the truth. On the opposite side of the coin, it is cruel for a Christian to remain silent and help hasten someone on their way to hell. Being politically correct is simply a wimp out for a Christian who lacks the courage to help a lost person. The lost can still reject JESUS CHRIST, but it shouldn't be because no Christian had the courage to share the truth with them.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 2:1-7  And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)  And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2005, 04:31:33 AM »

Has this word been brought forward in the discussion?

1 John 5:1.  "Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
 2.  By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
 3.  For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
 4.  For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
 5.  Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
 6.  This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
 7.  For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
 8.  And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
 9.  If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
 10.  He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
 11.  And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
 12.  He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life."

ollie

Support your local Christian.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2005, 09:57:20 AM »

Rather than continue "defensively" against scurrilous attacks against Jesus, let's look at the other side of the coin.

Just who is Mohammed in comparison to Jesus.

Jesus performed miracles.
Mohammed didn't (according to Quran).Tongue

Jesus didn't commit any sins, or mistakes.
Mohammed continually received special dispensations from Allah to cover up for his mistakes (according to the Quran).Cool

Jesus died, was buried, and rose again. Grin
Mohammed died, was buried, and remains there.Huh

Umm hmm.   Not much to compare.

AMEN BROTHER!!!!![/b][/u]

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2005, 05:49:18 PM »

AMEN OLLIE!!

I love that beautiful portion of Scripture. It speaks volumes that I love more each time I hear or read it.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 143:8  Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.

bluelake

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2005, 11:26:57 PM »

Jesus is God. In Him dwells the fulness of the Godhead bodily. As the brother said "in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God."
And beyond controversy, great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
Christ is the mystery of God, and the Church is the mystery of Christ. And Christ and the Church together is a great mystery. He that is joined to the Lord is one spirit.

Col.2:2My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ,
9For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,

Eph 3:4In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5which was not made known to men in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God's holy apostles and prophets. 6This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

Eph 5:32This is a profound [great] mystery–but I am talking about Christ and the church.

1 Cor 6:... he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit.

How can you say Christ is not God!

If He were a mere man how can we live in Him?

2 Cor 5:17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

asaph

I agree with your post.

Jn.1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God."

Jesus is God robed in flesh. Jn.1:14
Jn.20:28 "Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God."
Here we have doubting Thomas recognizing that Jesus is God.

Jn.8:58The preexistance of Jesus, He said, "I tell you the truth, Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am.

"Rom.9:5 "Theirs are the patriarches, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ, who is God over all, forever be praised.. Amen"

Mt.1:23 "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a Son, and they will call him Emmanuel, which means, "God with us."

yes, we can clearly see from scripture that Jesus is God.

God bless,
bluelake.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2005, 03:27:45 PM »

AMEN BLUELAKE!!

Thank you for adding some more beautiful portions of Scriptures that proclaim the absolute deity of JESUS, VERY GOD!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 8:2  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Mrs.Chosen

Chosen By GOD Isaiah 43:1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2005, 11:30:09 PM »

John 8:23-24 (New King James Version)
New King James Version (NKJV)
Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

23And He said to them, "You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. 24Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."

In Christ Jesus Love,

L.Gore
Mrs.Chosen

Chosen By GOD Isaiah 43:1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2005, 11:41:55 PM »

Here is the problem with not being able to understand the Truth about Jesus being GOD.
Some come to this with a closed mind. Fixed on the thought that He is not GOD. They don't leave any room to learn anything new, they limit GOD to only certain verses and
are slready fixed on who He is not. Thus when the Spirit tries to teach them that lives in us, the refuse Him and lean to their own understanding. Thats why the bible tells us
"Lean NOT on your own understanding, acknowledge HIM in all your ways and He will direct your path"

So all the scripture that we see clearly (by the Holy Spirit)
they have willingfully closed out.
If you reject Jesus as GOD, you reject GOD. If you die rejecting GOD you inherit hell for all eternity.
John 8:23-24 (New King James Version)

23And He said to them, "You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. 24Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."

In Christ Jesus Love,

L.Gore
Raoooul

If G-d is true, then why do we ignore Him ?

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2005, 03:42:48 PM »

ok, first off. Christ was called the Son of Man, because the Messiah was to be called the Son of Man

As were many others, (Eze 2:1)  And he said to me, Son of man, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak to thee.
(Jer 49:18)  As in the overthrow of Sodom and Gomorrah and the neighboring cities, saith the LORD, no man shall abide there, neither shall a son of man dwell in it.
As such the phrase "son of man was not exclusively used to refer to the messiah.

according to Jewish Tradition. The Messiah was to be a great military human leader, lead by God, according to the Jews.

Which is only partially true.  In biblical reality, there are two different forms that the messiah could assume, and only one was to be a comming as a war lord.(Zec 9:9)  Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh to thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.
It all depended upon wheter or not the Jews were worthy.

However, what they failed to see, was that the Messiah would save the Jews, but that the Messiah would BE GOD. Hence John the Apostle hit it right on the head when he wrote "In the Beginning was the Word, and the WOrd was with God, and the Word was God"

While this is only one of several possible translations of the Greek, it is not the only possible translation of this passage.
G2316
θεός
theos
theh'-os
Of uncertain affinity; a deity, especially (with G3588) the supreme Divinity; figuratively a magistrate; by Hebraism very: - X exceeding, God, god [-ly, -ward].

Theos was the direct translation of elohim, and as such did not always refer to G-d, but to false gods and judges.  take for example,
(Joh 10:34)  Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are judges?
Jury

Always an X-Man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2005, 08:34:43 AM »

Is Jesus God?

Well, for me. No. I am a Christian but not a member of Jehovah's Witnesses who don't believe that Jesus is God.

I am pro-Bible and my contention is this:

1. Jesus Christ was a man purposed by God to fulfill His will on salvation. When I say God, it directly refers to the One introduced to us by our Lord Jesus Christ Himself as the One and Only true God - the Father.

2. Jesus can never be God for God is one. Jesus Christ is not the Father because definitely He is the Son. When Jesus said that the Father is the only true God, it means that the Son is not, the Holy Spirit is not, or NO ONE is - ONLY the Father.

3. Jesus Christ, being a man, was found in the form of God, in the sense that God has given Him authorities and qualities similar to God Himself. This was needed for the fulfillment of God's will for salvation. But this doesn't mean that He is God. For a God is not a man. And a man can never be God.

4. Jesus Christ Himself didn't exist in the beginning. He didn't exist before He was born. He was proclaimed as "the firstborn to all creations" because He was FOREKNOWN by God before the foundation of the world.

5. According to the Bible, there is only ONE Creator - the Father. Since the Father purposed everything for Christ, He [Jesus] became the sole reason why God, the Creator, the Father, created everything.

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that Jesus is God... or God has three persons namely: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Smiley
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 08:38:15 AM by Jury » Logged

This only shows your weakness, Bronzesnake...

John 17:1-3 "Father... this is eternal life, that they may know YOU, the Only True God..."

Smiley
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2005, 11:11:22 AM »

Jury,

I see this is your first post, so WELCOME to Christians Unite.

If you read the host of Scriptures posted here in part one and part two, you will see that the Holy Bible most definitely declares that God the Father, God the Son (JESUS), and God the Holy Spirit are ONE and ALMIGHTY GOD!

One would have to believe in a book like the Koran or something other than the Holy Bible to believe any differently. I believe in the Holy Bible, and the Holy Bible answers this question most completely and perfectly. Jesus Christ is Almighty God - The Creator. HE humbled Himself and took the form of a man to die on the CROSS for us. HE arose from the dead on the third day and is our Living Lord and Saviour forever.

I don't believe in just a man, but JESUS isn't just a man, nor has HE ever been.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Colossians 2:8-10  Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Psalms 100:3  Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2005, 11:55:25 AM »

The mere fact that Jesus had no sin is enough to say that He is God. The mere fact that Jesus is the ONLY one to be resurrected is testament that He is God. The mere fact that Jesus HIMSELF forgave the sin that had been comitted against God. If Jesus was a mere man, then by what authority did He have to forgive the sins of man that had been committed against God Himself, unless He was God. Here's an answer. HE IS GOD!!!...lol. If you a pro-bible, you will most certainly see in Part 1 and 2 in my posts as well as the posts of others, we see the testament of Jesus' deity...over and over. I noticed you said:

3. Jesus Christ, being a man, was found in the form of God, in the sense that God has given Him authorities and qualities similar to God Himself. This was needed for the fulfillment of God's will for salvation. But this doesn't mean that He is God. For a God is not a man. And a man can never be God.

You are basing this on Phillipians. Note the usage of the words in this Scripture. Here i'll post the greek for you:

(Who being) (in form God thought it)                        (not    
                                                                        robbery)
ov en morfh| qeou uparxwn  oux arpagmon hghsato l to einai  
(equal God)
isa qew|,    

not what it is saying here. Paul is basically saying "Christ, who was in the form of God, was essentially God because He was equal with God" Cant get much more plainer than that. Paul thought Jesus was God, as did John. The Bible all but comes out and says that Jesus was God. I've heard the arguement that because the Bible doesn't specifically say that Jesus is God, that it's simply not true. However, there are other things in Scripture that we aren't necessarily told, that are in fact true. Like who the 4th person in the fire was in Daniel. Who the Pillar of Fire and the cloud of smoke was in the wilderness. Get my drift. Just a few thoughts. Just because Scripture doesn't come right out and tell you, doesn't mean that it is true. Take the "three" wise men for example. Alot of people say that there were 'three' wise men, however, Scripture never gives a number, that assumption is based on the three gifts given. We're never told who the Antichrist is, we just know that he is called the "Beast, or the Little Horn" so your statement about "because the Bible doesn't say so, it's not true" doesn't wash bud. Just a few thoughts.

Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2005, 12:46:16 PM »

AMEN BROTHER JOSHUA!

It's a beautiful and most precious event to finally understand WHO died on the CROSS for us, why, and asking HIM to be the LORD over our lives. JESUS is with us and in us, so we are never alone again. JESUS becomes more and more precious as we grow in HIS strength and yield to HIS will and purpose for us. The more we yield for HIS use, the greater our joy will be. It's really beyond human words to explain all of our riches in CHRIST, what HE means to us, and the peace we have in knowing that we belong to HIM.

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 104:33  I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.

Jury

Always an X-Man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2005, 05:25:02 AM »

To make my side clear first, my contention is this:

When I say Jesus Christ is not God, I am not saying that He is just a man - nor He is a mere man - nor He is only a man.

Jesus Christ our Lord, was a MAN accredited to us by God through miracles and signs... Again, when I say God, I directly refer to the Father.. for according to Jesus Christ Himself: the one and only true God is the Father.

Upon saying that the Father is the only true God (as Jesus declared) and the Father is definitely not the Son and not the Holy Spirit... then the Son is not God... the Holy Spirit is not God.

For ONE is Gd - and that is the Father. He is YHWH of Old Testament. He is the Creator of Adam, the Father of Adam, the God of Noah, the God of Abraham, the God of Israel, the Creator of everthing.

This same God is the God of Jesus, the Faher of Jesus, the Creator of Jesus, the Father of the Apostles, the God of the Apostles, the Creator of the Apostles.

This same God is our God --- our Father.

Nowhere in the Bible it does say that Jesus Christ is God. Not even a concept.

Jesus can never be God for one is God - the Father. If He Himself a God, it would result into a concept of having two Gods: the Father and the Son.

Again, according to Jesus Christ Himself: Only one true God is none other than - the Father. Jesus' Father - our Father. Jesus' God - our God.

My contention again is this:

God had purposed Jesus to fulfill His will for salvation. How can Jesus fulfill this? God must give Him first the authorities over everything. He must give Him first the qualities simlar to God Himself... but this doesn't make Jesus God. Jesus is not the Father who gave Him everything. Jesus, while having the qualities of God given to Him by God, still chose to become a servant to God's will... He chose to be found in the likeness of man who suffers in death... This is because part of God's will is that He (Jesus) must die on the cross for the forgiveness of sins.

Smiley

This only shows your weakness, Bronzesnake...

John 17:1-3 "Father... this is eternal life, that they may know YOU, the Only True God..."

Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the