Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:31:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Is Jesus God? - Part Two
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Jesus God? - Part Two  (Read 181981 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: July 21, 2008, 02:56:53 PM »

Hello Ketch22,

WELCOME!

I sincerely hope that you enjoy Christians Unite, and I look forward to having fellowship with you.

One of the reasons why many people don't see or believe in the Holy Trinity is that it doesn't fit their false religion. This is ESPECIALLY so with JESUS CHRIST. So, denial of JESUS CHRIST and the CROSS is denial and rejection of Salvation since JESUS CHRIST is the ONLY WAY to be rescued from the curse of sin and death.

JESUS CHRIST is the devil's worst nightmare. So far, the devil's worst defeat in history was at the CROSS. There is no irony that the devil's final defeat will also be by JESUS CHRIST. As Christians, our greatest thanks is:

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Favorite Bible Quotes 180 - Hebrews 2:3 How shall we escape, if we
neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by
the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

Arkansas-Evangelist

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 06, 2008, 02:12:19 PM »

Is Jesus God?  YES!
kangkongking

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 06, 2009, 05:31:34 PM »

Jesus is the son of God and not God Himself. i believe in the Holy Trinity, God the Father, the son and the holy spirit.

To God be the greatest glory and praise Him throughout the days of our lives.
My Recommended Links: PeaceGospel l Biblos l Persecution l ChristianAnswers
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 06, 2009, 06:07:35 PM »

Those that believe in the Holy Trinity also know that Jesus is not only the Son of God but that He is also very God.

1Jn 5:7  For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 07, 2009, 12:09:16 AM »

Jesus is the son of God and not God Himself. i believe in the Holy Trinity, God the Father, the son and the holy spirit.

If you believe in the Holy Trinity, you are saying:

1 - GOD THE FATHER IS GOD.

2 - GOD THE SON (JESUS CHRIST) IS GOD.

3 - GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT IS GOD.

4 - YET THE THREE ARE ONE.

CHRISTIANS UNITE FORUM LINKS

Is JESUS CHRIST GOD - Part One
http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?topic=2397.0

Is JESUS CHRIST GOD - Part Two
http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?topic=6495.0

HOLY TRINITY - AMERICAN STANDARD VERSION

John 1:1-5 ASV  1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  2  The same was in the beginning with God.  3  All things were made through him; and without him was not anything made that hath been made.  4  In him was life; and the life was the light of men.  5  And the light shineth in the darkness; and the darkness apprehended it not.

HOLY TRINITY - AMPLIFIED VERSION

John 1:1-5 AMP  1  IN THE beginning [before all time] was the Word (Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself. [Isa. 9:6.]  2  He was present originally with God.  3  All things were made and came into existence through Him; and without Him was not even one thing made that has come into being.  4  In Him was Life, and the Life was the Light of men.  5  And the Light shines on in the darkness, for the darkness has never overpowered it [put it out or absorbed it or appropriated it, and is unreceptive to it].

HOLY TRINITY - NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION

John 1:1-5 NIV  1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  2  He was with God in the beginning.  3  Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.  4  In him was life, and that life was the light of men.  5  The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

SEE THE NEXT POSTS

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 07, 2009, 12:10:38 AM »

JESUS CHRIST IS GOD

AMERICAN STANDARD VERSION

John 14:6-11 ASV  6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no one cometh unto the Father, but by me.  7  If ye had known me, ye would have known my Father also: from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.  8  Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.  9  Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and dost thou not know me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; how sayest thou, Show us the Father?  10  Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I say unto you I speak not from myself: but the Father abiding in me doeth his works.  11  Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

AMPLIFIED VERSION

John 14:6-11 AMP  6  Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me.  7  If you had known Me [had learned to recognize Me], you would also have known My Father. From now on, you know Him and have seen Him.  8  Philip said to Him, Lord, show us the Father [cause us to see the Father--that is all we ask]; then we shall be satisfied.  9  Jesus replied, Have I been with all of you for so long a time, and do you not recognize and know Me yet, Philip? Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say then, Show us the Father?  10  Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in Me? What I am telling you I do not say on My own authority and of My own accord; but the Father Who lives continually in Me does the (His) works (His own miracles, deeds of power).  11  Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me; or else believe Me for the sake of the [very] works themselves. [If you cannot trust Me, at least let these works that I do in My Father's name convince you.]

NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION

John 14:6-11 NIV  6  Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.  7  If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."  8  Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us."  9  Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?  10  Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.  11  Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 07, 2009, 12:11:22 AM »

HOLY TRINITY - AMERICAN STANDARD VERSION

1 John 5:4-13 ASV  4  For whatsoever is begotten of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that hath overcome the world, even our faith.  5  And who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?  6  This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not with the water only, but with the water and with the blood.  7  And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is the truth.  8  For there are three who bear witness, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and the three agree in one.  9  If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for the witness of God is this, that he hath borne witness concerning his Son.  10  He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in him: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he hath not believed in the witness that God hath borne concerning his Son.  11  And the witness is this, that God gave unto us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.  12  He that hath the Son hath the life; he that hath not the Son of God hath not the life.  13  These things have I written unto you, that ye may know that ye have eternal life, even unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God.

HOLY TRINITY - AMPLIFIED VERSION

1 John 5:4-13 AMP  4  For whatever is born of God is victorious over the world; and this is the victory that conquers the world, even our faith.  5  Who is it that is victorious over [that conquers] the world but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God [who adheres to, trusts in, and relies on that fact]?  6  This is He Who came by (with) water and blood [His baptism and His death], Jesus Christ (the Messiah)--not by (in) the water only, but by (in) the water and the blood. And it is the [Holy] Spirit Who bears witness, because the [Holy] Spirit is the Truth.  7  So there are three witnesses in heaven: the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit, and these three are One;  8  and there are three witnesses on the earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree [are in unison; their testimony coincides].  9  If we accept [as we do] the testimony of men [if we are willing to take human authority], the testimony of God is greater (of stronger authority), for this is the testimony of God, even the witness which He has borne regarding His Son.  10  He who believes in the Son of God [who adheres to, trusts in, and relies on Him] has the testimony [possesses this divine attestation] within himself. He who does not believe God [in this way] has made Him out to be and represented Him as a liar, because he has not believed (put his faith in, adhered to, and relied on) the evidence (the testimony) that God has borne regarding His Son.  11  And this is that testimony (that evidence): God gave us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.  12  He who possesses the Son has that life; he who does not possess the Son of God does not have that life.  13  I write this to you who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) the name of the Son of God [in the peculiar services and blessings conferred by Him on men], so that you may know [with settled and absolute knowledge] that you [already] have life, yes, eternal life.

HOLY TRINITY - NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION

1 John 5:4-13 NIV  4  for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.  5  Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.  6  This is the one who came by water and blood--Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth.  7  For there are three that testify:  8  the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.  9  We accept man's testimony, but God's testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son.  10  Anyone who believes in the Son of God has this testimony in his heart. Anyone who does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because he has not believed the testimony God has given about his Son.  11  And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.  12  He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.  13  I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.

kittenshere

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 31, 2009, 10:12:04 AM »

Thank you for your replys. I beleive that there is God and Jesus(Peace be upon him) is one of his holy prophets. I don't understand how you beleive 3 are 1. It doesn't make sense to me. 1 + 1+ 1 = 1?!?
I do not see God being born out of a human, and being circumsised on the 7th day as it is written in the bible. Jesus (peace be upon him) i love him, but i do not worship him, for he was sent to us to command us to worship the father.
Jesus (PBUH) ate, slept and prayed like us. I beleive in his miracles, but like all messengers of God the miracles are done with the will of God.
No offence was intended. I want all people to worship the one and true God cause i love him

They are not the same.  God is the father, Jesus is the son and the holy spirit is a power that does what God commands kinda like the power of electricity that runs machines. The term trinity is not found in the bible. So lets not add it. God and Jesus are two separate beings that simply are working on the same goal. If me and my daughter were working on a project together well we are still two difffent people trying to accomplish the same goal.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 10:36:51 AM by kittenshere » Logged
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 31, 2009, 10:27:54 AM »

They are the same being. Your logic is very flawed.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
kittenshere

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 31, 2009, 10:35:47 AM »

They are the same being. Your logic is very flawed.

Scripture shows that as Jesus is the son OF God and not God himself and that the holy spirit is the spirit OF God and not God himself. I capitalized the word OF for a reason. Anyting that is FROM or OF something cannot be that something else. For example, I come FROM my mother, but I am not my mother. Jesus said, I come out FROM God. I came out FROM the father. Therefore Jesus came from God but is not God himself.

matt 28:19 Going, then, desciples all nations baptizing them into the name of the father, son and holy spirit. well this verse does not say the three form one God. They are all 3 mentioned in one verse and thats it.

1cor 8:6 There is only one God....The father.

1john 5:19 The son can do NOTHING of himself but what he sees the father do.  Now if son can do nothing himself where is the trinity in that?

2john 6:38 For I come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of them that sent me. Now if Jesus was God he would be here diong his own will but he clearly stated he is not....... no trinity

john 4:34 Jesus said my meat is to do the will of him that sent me and to finish his work. Now did Jesus send himself? no God sent him.....So no trinity in that either

john 8:28 Jesus said, I do nothing of myself; but as the father has taught me.  well Jesus does nothing himself but what the father taught him....So no trinity there.

john 12:49  For I have not spoken of myself; but the father which has sent me, He gave me the commandment what I should say and what I should speak.  Now if Jesus was told what to say and speak by the father (GOD) trinity is completely impossible. no trinity there either.

There is so much more to prove they are not the same but im gonna stop here.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 10:52:14 AM by kittenshere » Logged
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 31, 2009, 11:07:31 AM »

There is so much more to prove they are not the same but im gonna stop here.

Yet there is so much more that proves that they are one and the same just as has been stated over and over again with supporting scripture throughout this thread and part one of the same thread. Even Jesus said that He was God. If we cannot believe Him then how can we believe in the message of Salvation that He teaches us?

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
kittenshere

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 31, 2009, 11:24:43 AM »

Yet there is so much more that proves that they are one and the same just as has been stated over and over again with supporting scripture throughout this thread and part one of the same thread. Even Jesus said that He was God. If we cannot believe Him then how can we believe in the message of Salvation that He teaches us?

Well given all the proof I posted, If you feel it is incorrect then disprove it. I dont know how many times Jesus has to say he is not God. 
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 11:31:33 AM by kittenshere » Logged
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 31, 2009, 11:39:40 AM »

Your logic and understanding is that of man and not that which comes from God. There are many terms (words) that are not in the Bible yet the meaning behind those words are clearly there.

Joh 8:24  I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Joh 8:58  Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

The scriptures that you gave are correct but they only give you a portion of the understanding as to who Jesus is.

I will not continue to argue with you on this subject as it is not a debatable subject. Jesus was the son of man, He was the Son of God and He was very God, the second person of the Godhead.

We are told throughout scripture that God created all things we are also told that Jesus created all things. for this scripture and many others that prove that Jesus was also very God look at the rest of this thread and part one. It has already been explained throughout and scripture has been given to substantiate it.

As I said this subject will not be debated here nor will a podium be given to preach anything other than God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are three persons in one.

kittenshere

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 31, 2009, 12:03:06 PM »

I dont call it arguing but discussing. If your uninterested in discussing it then ok. no worries. I do agree though that the bible is misunderstood. The question is, who is doing the misunderstanding? Anyway, I posted some proof and thats all I needed to do. You have a good day and be safe.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 31, 2009, 12:07:14 PM »

I dont call it arguing but discussing. If your uninterested in discussing it then ok. no worries. I do agree though that the bible is misunderstood. The question is, who is doing the misunderstanding? Anyway, I posted some proof and thats all I needed to do. You have a good day and be safe.

Unfortunately you have posted only have of the proof. Just those portions to substantiate what you wish to believe and not the whole of what Scripture says on it. Call it what you like but when you wish to teach against portions of scripture then you are in fact arguing and you are arguing against God.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the