Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:10:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Is Jesus God? - Part Two
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Jesus God? - Part Two  (Read 182084 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: May 12, 2007, 09:06:56 AM »

Amen! That is indeed a wonderful study.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
def
« Reply #181 on: May 12, 2007, 05:44:37 PM »

*** MORSELS ***

Re: One God: three Persons

"Come near to Me, hear this: I have not spoken in secret from the
beginning. From the time it existed, I was there; and now the Lord
Jehovah, and His Spirit, has sent Me." (Is48:16)

"For My Angel will go before you and bring you in to the...." land of
promise (Ex23:23)

"Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be ignorant, that all our
fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea, and all
were immersed into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, and all ate the
same spiritual food, and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they
drank out of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was
Christ." (1Co10:1-4)

"Go therefore and instruct all the nations, immersing them into the name
of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit," (Mt28:19)

"And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into
your hearts, crying out, Abba, Father!" (Ga4:6)

"I and the Father are One." (Jn10:30)

"And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and
a voice came from Heaven which said, You are My beloved Son; in You I am
well pleased." (Lk3:22)

"For there are three that bear witness in Heaven: the Father, the Word,
and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one." (1Jn5:7)

"Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your
presence?" (Ps139:7)

From A Voice In The Wilderness
Free E-Mail Subscriptions: http://www.a-voice.org/mail

I am SPEECHLESS I cried while i was reading all of this Truth and I am still crying..I really don't see things the same lately..my question why me..Hosanna!!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 12, 2007, 10:59:15 PM »

Hello Def,

Sister, all of us should wonder "Why me?" The answer will be that GOD loved us enough to send HIS Only Begotten Son to die for us on the CROSS. It's awesome to think about all of the beautiful Truths in GOD'S WORD. Our CREATOR knew us before the foundation of the world, and HE knitted us together in the womb. JESUS CHRIST made us fit for an eternal inheritance, and the HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD lives in the temple of our hearts. We are just passing through this short life on earth to our real HOME in HEAVEN. It's beautiful to know that our citizenship is in HEAVEN, and we are no longer of this world.

What awaits is a mansion that our FATHER has prepared for us, a glorified body without any pain or illness, and and eternity of Joy with JESUS CHRIST.

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Matthew 22:36-40  NASB  "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?" And He said to him, " 'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.' "This is the great and foremost commandment. "The second is like it, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' "On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets."

def
« Reply #183 on: May 13, 2007, 05:37:09 PM »

Hello Def,

Sister, all of us should wonder "Why me?" The answer will be that GOD loved us enough to send HIS Only Begotten Son to die for us on the CROSS. It's awesome to think about all of the beautiful Truths in GOD'S WORD. Our CREATOR knew us before the foundation of the world, and HE knitted us together in the womb. JESUS CHRIST made us fit for an eternal inheritance, and the HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD lives in the temple of our hearts. We are just passing through this short life on earth to our real HOME in HEAVEN. It's beautiful to know that our citizenship is in HEAVEN, and we are no longer of this world.

What awaits is a mansion that our FATHER has prepared for us, a glorified body without any pain or illness, and and eternity of Joy with JESUS CHRIST.

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Matthew 22:36-40  NASB  "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?" And He said to him, " 'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.' "This is the great and foremost commandment. "The second is like it, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' "On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets."
thank you Tom, my brother ,now it is sunday evening  i just spoke with David my heart is heavy.good night in Jesus BEP xx
bronzesnake

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 04, 2007, 02:55:33 AM »

The following verses are often usd to show that Jesus is indeed God, but perhaps a different perspective will help to drive that truth home even further.

Jhn 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jhn 1:2  The same was in the beginning with God.

Jhn 1:3  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Jhn 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

I guess most of us have at one time or another wondered about what the "word" truely is right?
The origional Greek for "word" is logos.
Logos is literally the power and wisdom of God.
Is there corroborating scriptures which prove this? Yes...

1Cr 1:24  But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

So...The logos (Word) was God - not "a" god, as some false teachings would have us believe, but God.

The logos is the power and wisdom of God

All things were created for and by the logos.

The logos became flesh, as Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is the logos of God.

Jesus Christ is the power and wisdom of God in the flesh.

Jesus Christ is God!

I know it's simplistic, but it does help...I hope!

John
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 04, 2007, 08:14:40 AM »

Amen Bronzesnake!

Hello Brother John, it's great to hear from you, and your post hits the nail square on the head. It's a beautiful and wonderful Bible fact that JESUS CHRIST was and is VERY GOD - ALMIGHTY GOD - THE CREATOR!

It becomes even more wonderful and beautiful to know that JESUS CHRIST died on the cross for us to take our punishment in HIS Own Body and rescue us from the curse of sin and death. The grave couldn't hold him, and HE LIVES today and forever! HE is ONE with GOD THE FATHER AND GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT - ALMIGHTY GOD - with no beginning and no end.

Brother John, I give thanks every day that I'm a purchased possession of JESUS CHRIST, and I belong to HIM. I'll never be worthy of accepting GOD'S Grace, Love, and Perfect GIFT - JESUS CHRIST - my LORD and SAVIOUR! So, I'll just give thanks and reflect often on the beautiful Promises of GOD.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 NASB
But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.

1 Corinthians 15:50-58 NASB
Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality. But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, "DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP in victory. "O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR VICTORY? O  DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR STING?" The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law; but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord.

bronzesnake

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 07, 2007, 12:46:57 AM »

Amen Bronzesnake!

Hello Brother John, it's great to hear from you, and your post hits the nail square on the head. It's a beautiful and wonderful Bible fact that JESUS CHRIST was and is VERY GOD - ALMIGHTY GOD - THE CREATOR!

It becomes even more wonderful and beautiful to know that JESUS CHRIST died on the cross for us to take our punishment in HIS Own Body and rescue us from the curse of sin and death. The grave couldn't hold him, and HE LIVES today and forever! HE is ONE with GOD THE FATHER AND GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT - ALMIGHTY GOD - with no beginning and no end.

Brother John, I give thanks every day that I'm a purchased possession of JESUS CHRIST, and I belong to HIM. I'll never be worthy of accepting GOD'S Grace, Love, and Perfect GIFT - JESUS CHRIST - my LORD and SAVIOUR! So, I'll just give thanks and reflect often on the beautiful Promises of GOD.

Love In Christ,
Tom

God bless your heart brother Tom.
It really has been a journey for me my dear friend.
I have been there and back over the past year, but I am so much more grateful for everything our sweet Jesus has done in my life, and it feels wonderful to be here again.
Feels like a true home coming!

John
bronzesnake

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 17, 2007, 10:13:17 AM »

Jesus Himself, told us He was God...

The Jews therefore said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?" Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am." Therefore they picked up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself, and went out of the temple. (John 8:57-59)

"I and the Father are one." The Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, "I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?" The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God." (John 10:30-33)

And Jesus cried out and said, "He who believes in Me does not believe in Me, but in Him who sent Me. And he who beholds Me beholds the One who sent Me. I have come as light into the world, that everyone who believes in Me may not remain in darkness." (John 12:44-46)

And so when He had washed their feet, and taken His garments, and reclined at the table again, He said to them, "Do you know what I have done to you? You call Me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for I am. If I then, the Lord and the Teacher, washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet." (John 13:12-14)

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him." Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how do you say, 'Show us the Father'?" (John 14:6-9)

Jesus therefore said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread out of heaven, but it is My Father who gives you the true bread out of heaven. For the bread of God is that which comes down out of heaven, and gives life to the world." They said therefore to Him, "Lord, evermore give us this bread." Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me shall not hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst." (John 6:32-35)

Again therefore Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world; he who follows Me shall not walk in the darkness, but shall have the light of life." The Pharisees therefore said to Him, "You are bearing witness of Yourself; Your witness is not true." Jesus answered and said to them, "Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true; for I know where I came from, and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from, or where I am going." (John 8:12-14)

Jesus therefore said to them again, "Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal, and kill, and destroy; I came that they might have life, and might have it abundantly. I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep." (John 10:7-11)

Martha therefore said to Jesus, "Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died. Even now I know that whatever You ask of God, God will give You." Jesus said to her, "Your brother shall rise again." Martha said to Him, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day." Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me shall live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?" She said to Him, "Yes, Lord; I have believed that You are the Christ, the Son of God, even He who comes into the world." (John 11:21-27)

His mission...

But Jesus called them to Himself, and said, "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great men exercise authority over them. It is not so among you, but whoever wishes to become great among you shall be your servant, and whoever wishes to be first among you shall be your slave; just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many." (Matthew 20:25-28)

For He was teaching His disciples and telling them, "The Son of Man is to be delivered into the hands of men, and they will kill Him; and when He has been killed, He will rise three days later." But they did not understand this statement, and they were afraid to ask Him. (Mark 9:31-32)

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." (John 3:16-18)

"All that the Father gives Me shall come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day. For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him, may have eternal life; and I Myself will raise him up on the last day." (John 6:37-40)

John
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 23, 2007, 03:23:00 AM »

AMEN BROTHER JOHN!

I've been out with illness and a crashed computer. In case you're wondering, I crashed the computer when I should have been in bed. I'm up and going again just in time to leave and go see my kids and grandkids. I won't be running any races, but I might be able to catch the 7 month old. He's the one I want to catch anyway.   Wink

I'll be back in about a week if we don't get snowed in. I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts and conversing with you. I promise to have some good stories to tell about the grandkids.

In the meantime:

Love In Christ,
Tom

P.S. If the RAPTURE happens before I get back, I'll see you in the clouds.

Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 28, 2008, 02:32:55 PM »

Hi sixpack434,

This is an excellent Bible study. I have to add my voice to the others, Jesus Christ (Yeshua Ha Mashciach) is God.

In Exodus 3:14 God is revealing Himself to mankind. "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM; and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I  AM hath sent me unto you."

Then in John 8:58 Jesus says, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was I AM." Here Jesus reveals Himself as God. The statement not only claims existence before Abraham, but equality with the "I AM" of Exod. 3:14. The Jews around Him clearly understood His meaning and picked up stones to kill Him for blaspheming.
Again in Mark 14:62 - "And Jesus said, I AM: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven."

In John 18:6 - "As soon then as He had said unto them, I AM (he), they went backward, and fell to the ground." (!)

In The Revelation of Jesus Christ, 2:8 - "And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive:"  - these words were spoken from the mouth of the risen LORD Jesus Christ, a witness to His true identity as the Everlasting God.

In Isaiah 42:8 - "I AM the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images." The Hebrew word LORD here is the tetragramatton YHWH - the ineffable name of God, which in Hebrew is also translated Who was, and Who is, and Who is to come.

Isaiah 44:6 - "Thus saith the LORD (YHWH) the King of Israel, and his redeemed the LORD of hosts; I AM the first, and I AM the last; and beside me there is no God." This 'first and the last' here in Hebrew is the Aleph and the Tav, in Greek it's the 'Alpha and Omega', both are the first and last letters of their respective alphabets.

Isaiah 41:4 - "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD (YHWH), the first, and with the last: I AM he." Seven times in Scripture the Creator uses the words 'first and last' to convey the idea that He is the Eternal God, beyond time altoghether. (See also, Isaiah 48:12; Rev. 1:11; 1:17; 2:8; and 22:13)

Revelation 1:17 - "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; the I AM the first and the last:"

Revelation 1:8, Jesus gives us the self-revelation of who He is, "I AM the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending saith the LORD, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."
Jesus took the Glory of God in John 17:5 - "And now, O Father, glorify thou me with tine own self with the glory which I had WITH thee before the world was." God said He would not share His glory with another. Jesus SHARES glory with the Father. Jesus is LORD.

Exodus 20:1-4 - "And God spake all these words, saying, (2) I AM the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bandage. (3) Thou shalt have NO OTHER GODS before me. (4) Thou shalt not make unto thee any graen image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:"
The Old Testament (Torah) forbids giving worship to anyone other than God. Jesus accepted worship

Matthew 8:2 - "And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying LORD, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean."
Matthew 14:33 - "Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God."
Matthew 14:25 - "Then came she and worshipped him, saying, LORD, help me."
Matthew 20:20 - "Then came to him the mother of Zebedee's children with her sons, worshipping him, and desiring a certain thing of him."

Mark 5:6 - "But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him."

The disciples attributed titles to Jesus the Old Testament reserved for God, such as 'the first and last' (Rev. 1:17; 2:8; 22:13), the true light (John 1:9), "the rock" or "stone" (ICorinthians 10:4; IPeter 2:6-8; Psalms 18:2; 95:1), "the bridegroom" (Eph 5:28-33; Rev. 21:2), the Chief Shepherd (IPeter 5:4), and "the Great Shepherd (Hebrews 13:20).

They attributed to Jesus the Divine activities of creating (John 1:3: Psalms 130:4; Jeremiah 31:34), and Judging (John 5:27).

They used titles of diety for Jesus. Thomas declared, "My LORD and my God" (John 20:28). Paul calls Jesus "the one in whom the fullness of deity dwells bodily." (Col. 2:9). In Titus, Jesus is called, "our Great God and Savior" (2:13). The writer of Hebrews says of Him, "Thy throne, O God, is forever" (Heb. 1:3) Paul says that, before Christ existed as a human being, He existed as God (Phil. 2:5-8).

Hebrews 1:3 says that Christ reflects God's glory, bears the stamp of His nature, and upholds the universe.

The prologue to John's gospel also minces no words stating "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word (Jesus) was God." (John 1:1)

Jesus claimed equality with God in other ways. He claimed the perogatives of God. He claimed to be judge of all (Matthew 25:31-46; John 5:27-30), but Joel quoted YHWH as saying, "for ther I will sit to judge all the nations on every side" (Joel 3:12). He said to a paralytic, "Son, your sins are forgiven" (Mark 2:5). The scribes correctly responded, "who can forgive sins but God alone?" (vs. 7).

Jesus claimed the power to raise and judge the dead, a power which only God possessed (John 5:21-29). But the Old Testament clearly taught that only God was the giver of life (Deut 32:39; I Sam 2:6) and the one to raise the dead (Psalms 71:20).

Isaiah called "the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace."!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hebrews 13:8 - "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."!!
Who was, and Who is, and Who is to come!!!

Please, get to know Him in the fulness of His Deity!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 02:39:32 PM by Barbara » Logged
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 28, 2008, 03:16:50 PM »

AMEN BARBARA!

curious

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 03, 2008, 12:10:14 AM »

I believe He was the Son of God also,but let me ask a question to thoe that think He is God.When He was praying,to whom was He praying...Himself ?

Yours in Yeshua,
                                     Curious
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 03, 2008, 12:17:36 AM »

He is the Son of God and He is also very God as the many verses already given here has shown to be true. Even Jesus said that He was God.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 03, 2008, 01:53:04 AM »

I believe He was the Son of God also,but let me ask a question to thoe that think He is God.When He was praying,to whom was He praying...Himself ?

Yours in Yeshua,
                                     Curious

Hello Curious,

One has to remember that ALMIGHTY GOD is referred to as the GODHEAD. The GODHEAD is a HOLY TRINITY:  GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON, AND GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT - YET - the three ARE ONE! Your question is already answered several different ways in this thread. There are many things about ALMIGHTY GOD that are hard for mankind to understand, and this is rightfully so since HE is the CREATOR - All Powerful - No Beginning - No Ending - Sees All - Knows All from Eternity Past. The HOLY THREE are UNIQUE, but they are also ONE! There are also several analogies in this thread to help you understand this, but the Bible presents overwhelming proof that this is a Bible Fact.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

curious

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 03, 2008, 07:48:10 AM »

That's very true,but I've seen that when alot say that(my opinion)that they seem to be saying JUST Yeshua is God,not even talking about the Father & the Holy Spirit.
Like you or I. We are body,soul & spirit. We are not three people,but three personages,but one person. God is three personages,but one God. I could go on & on,but this is enough for now.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the