Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:47:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Is Jesus God? - Part Two
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Jesus God? - Part Two  (Read 181703 times)
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: January 18, 2006, 12:15:41 PM »

Jesus is God!   Not that it hasn't been proven with scripture in this thread already, but there is simply no way to get around the following verses for those who still doubt it.

Isa 41:4  Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.

There should be no question who is speaking in this Old Testament passage here.   Jehovah Himself.

Now, Notice the following carefully....

Rev 1:8  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

And once again.....

Rev 22:13  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Should still be no disagreement that this is GOD speaking in these passages, echoing Isaiah 41:4.

Now, let me direct your attention back to the first chapter of Revelation.

Rev 1:17  And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
Rev 1:18  I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive forevermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

How does one explain, when God was ever dead and lived again, except He be Christ Jesus?   Jesus IS God!  And He died for you and me and is Alive for evermore!!!!

Give Him Pious Praise and Glory today, and Receive Him as your Lord and Saviour TODAY!...

He Liveth and was DEAD, AND NOW LIVES FOREVERMORE!!!!!!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Sower

Romans 8:31-39

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 28, 2006, 01:10:13 AM »

Jury, there's no debating the truth. Jesus is God, and the Holy Spirit.

Hi DreamWeaver:

I trust you mean by the above statement that Jesus is God and the Holy Spirit is also God. That would correspond to the fact that there are three distinct Persons in the Godhead -- the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. One God. Three Persons.

Many stumble at this profound truth, but it is inescapable to those who approach the Holy Bible to be taught of God, not to sit in judgment over matters which are really beyond human comprehension.

To those who question the Deity of Christ, let me remind them that the apostle who doubted Christ's resurrection -- "Doubting" Thomas -- is the one who fell down and worshipped Jesus by declaring with his mouth "My Lord, and my God!".
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 01:12:27 AM by Sower » Logged

Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father, and Jesus Christ our Lord. 1 Timothy 1:2
dp

Worker in the field

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 17, 2006, 06:06:47 AM »

Per Isaiah 7:14 and Matthew 1:23 another one of Christ Jesus' Titles is "Immanuel", which means 'with us is God' or 'God with us'. Even the Title 'Jesus' refers to Jehovah (Jesus is the Greek version name for the Hebrew name Joshua. And the name Joshua in Hebrew means 'Jehovah is salvation'). Those who refuse to believe don't know it, but even by saying our Lord's Name 'Jesus', or 'Iesous', or 'Yashua', one is saying 'Jehovah is Salvation'!

Those behind the idea of denying that Jesus Christ is God are the same sort that denied Jesus of Nazareth as The Christ at His first coming and after He rose from the dead (see Matthew 28:11-15).

The workers of iniquity behind the secret socieites also deny that Jesus is God, because they can't establish their one-world religion to include all faiths if the one Faith (Christianity) is presented as being above all others. And they use many deceptions in trying to humanize our Lord Jesus away from being God with us, Emmanuel. They will lie and say 'you' can become your very own 'Christ', or you can become 'a Christ', etc. That's the same old lie Satan told Eve in the Garden about becoming your own god. They will lie and say Jesus had a flesh wife and flesh children (Da Vinci Code junk). They will lie and say there are many paths to God, not just through Christ Jesus.

Jude 1:10-16
10   But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.
11   Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.
12   These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
13   Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.
14   And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, "Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of His saints,
15   To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him."
16   These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.
(KJV)

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: March 17, 2006, 01:45:45 PM »

Hi DreamWeaver:

I trust you mean by the above statement that Jesus is God and the Holy Spirit is also God. That would correspond to the fact that there are three distinct Persons in the Godhead -- the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. One God. Three Persons.

Thats what I said.......... Huh

Sometimes I may not speak as elequantly as other members, but I have stated that many times.

Kelly4Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 01, 2006, 07:40:44 PM »

Um, duh! Father, Son, Holy Spirit--all One. All God. Plain and simple.

Are you mormon by chance?

It's okay to ask questions but, after reading your answers, they border (very close--you foot is edging over the line) to blasphemy.

I don't question. God is not of logic, but mystical in all His Infinite beauty and Holiness. I have faith. There is nothing to question, once you have faith.

God Bless!
Kelly

God Bless You Always!
In The Precious Love of Jesus,
Kelly

Psalm 62: 5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;  my hope comes from him.  6 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
docc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: May 19, 2006, 02:44:38 PM »

Jesus is God
If you are reading the Bible like it should be read you would know that He is God.
Don't take a text out of context then it will become a proof text
(you only using one scripture to prove your point)

The whole agree with itself.

When you became a Christian, did someone teach you how to study  (not just read) the Bible? Understanding and applying the Bible is difficult without some reading method

Free Indepth Bible Study Course
http://www.angelfire.com/dc2/insideout/page6.html
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 30, 2006, 04:38:59 PM »

Did Jesus Ever Say He was God?

The earliest followers of Jesus all seemed pretty convinced that Jesus was fully God in human form. Paul said, "He is the image of the invisible God...in him all the fulness of God was pleased to dwell." John said that Jesus created the world. Peter said, "every one who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name."

But what did Jesus say about himself? Did he ever identify himself as God? According to the Bible...absolutely! Below are some of his statements made while on earth, in their context.

Is Jesus God? How he said he was God:

The Jews therefore said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?" Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am." Therefore they picked up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself, and went out of the temple. (John 8:57-59)

"I and the Father are one." The Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, "I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?" The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God." (John 10:30-33)

And Jesus cried out and said, "He who believes in Me does not believe in Me, but in Him who sent Me. And he who beholds Me beholds the One who sent Me. I have come as light into the world, that everyone who believes in Me may not remain in darkness." (John 12:44-46)

And so when He had washed their feet, and taken His garments, and reclined at the table again, He said to them, "Do you know what I have done to you? You call Me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for I am. If I then, the Lord and the Teacher, washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet." (John 13:12-14)

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him." Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how do you say, 'Show us the Father'?" (John 14:6-9)

Is Jesus God? How he described himself:

Jesus therefore said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread out of heaven, but it is My Father who gives you the true bread out of heaven. For the bread of God is that which comes down out of heaven, and gives life to the world." They said therefore to Him, "Lord, evermore give us this bread." Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me shall not hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst." (John 6:32-35)

Again therefore Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world; he who follows Me shall not walk in the darkness, but shall have the light of life." The Pharisees therefore said to Him, "You are bearing witness of Yourself; Your witness is not true." Jesus answered and said to them, "Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true; for I know where I came from, and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from, or where I am going." (John 8:12-14)

Jesus therefore said to them again, "Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal, and kill, and destroy; I came that they might have life, and might have it abundantly. I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep." (John 10:7-11)

Martha therefore said to Jesus, "Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died. Even now I know that whatever You ask of God, God will give You." Jesus said to her, "Your brother shall rise again." Martha said to Him, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day." Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me shall live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?" She said to Him, "Yes, Lord; I have believed that You are the Christ, the Son of God, even He who comes into the world." (John 11:21-27)

Is Jesus God? What he said he was sent here to do:

But Jesus called them to Himself, and said, "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great men exercise authority over them. It is not so among you, but whoever wishes to become great among you shall be your servant, and whoever wishes to be first among you shall be your slave; just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many." (Matthew 20:25-28)

For He was teaching His disciples and telling them, "The Son of Man is to be delivered into the hands of men, and they will kill Him; and when He has been killed, He will rise three days later." But they did not understand this statement, and they were afraid to ask Him. (Mark 9:31-32)

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." (John 3:16-18)

"All that the Father gives Me shall come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day. For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him, may have eternal life; and I Myself will raise him up on the last day." (John 6:37-40)

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
needing_more_christ

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 13, 2006, 03:29:57 AM »

Concerning our triune God, if you read Isaiah 9:6 you see a prophesy of the coming Messiah in which Isaiah identifies this (at that time) unborn human child to be God Almighty, the Everlasting Father and a number of other Hebrew names for God only ever ascibed to God Most High, the Creator and Father.  Yet at the same time, Isaiah also identifies this (at that time) unborn child as Messiah and Prince of Peace.  Here:

For unto us a Child is born,
      Unto us a Son is given;
      And the government will be upon His shoulder.
      And His name will be called
      Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
      Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
                                                   Isaiah 9:6, NKJV

In this Messianic prophesy, we see what we call "the Trinity" clearly exposed.  The prophesy says plainly that the Everlasting Father, the Messiah and Counselor are all one.

Now the Trinity is not called one of the "mysteries of God" without cause.  Try to explain it clearly and you are immediately confronted with an impossibility -- our finite human minds simply cannot frame the entirety of God's identity into a concise, cognitive package.  Many very good analogies have been used to try:  steam, water and ice all being water; time space and energy all requiring each other to exist, but all being separate, etc.

Ultimately though, these analogies are lacking.  Even when we consider ourselves created in God's own image having mind, body and spirit and simply point out that God can separate Himself into these three distinct parts, we are still left with little more than an understanding of how it could work, but no clearly defined picture of how it does work.

This reality cries out loudly as solid evidence that God is real, the Bible is true and that Christianity is a religious concept revealed by God, rather than invented by men.  After all, how could men invent a God that we still today cannot fully understand?

In short, Jesus is God, the Trinity -- while being a word not actually found in Scripture is a good name for the doctrine describing our triune God and the fact that it is this triune God we follow is in itself strong evidence that we follow the ONLY true God, because He is the only God in all history that we cannot define in human terms.

Needing More Christ
YOUNG MEGATRON

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 17, 2006, 02:14:54 PM »

i am so confused.

"forgive them father for they do not know what they do" Is he talking to Himself?

Jesus was born a man from the virgin Mary. Joseph was not his father so who was? I thought it was GOD.

GOD came in Human Form as Jesus? Did Jesus not Pray? If he did who was he praying to?

Who Is Elohim? Who Is Jahoavah? Please help!!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 17, 2006, 02:45:15 PM »

Jesus is the son of God. Jesus is very God. This is the mystery of the Trinity that so many have difficulty grasping. It is difficult for them because it is above the full undersanding of man. How can one person also be three people. As we are told in scriptures God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are all distinct individual personalities yet they are all one and the same.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
YOUNG MEGATRON

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 17, 2006, 03:15:24 PM »

That would make sence if God came as man...a Real man with no powers.

but he did not come as a real man. no man can heal the blind or walk on water. He had GOD in HIm or he was GOD.

Yet the devil try's to tempt him in the desert when he was fasting to not only eat but to commit suicide. So Satan was Trying to Tempt his Own Creator GOD? Did Satan not know Jesus was GOD?

It seems more Like Jesus Is man: son of GOD but Has GOD on his side performing mirricals in the Name of GOD..Just as he did for Moses. Then Jesus is Killed. GOD can Not Die. God is eternal. Jesus died, and was brought back to life by GOD. This is how i always interpited the Bible. Dont it make more sence this way?
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 17, 2006, 03:25:23 PM »

In mans logic perhaps it does. The thing that most people do not understand and cannot understand is that Jesus was both fully man and fully God. He was and is the same. God came to us in the flesh. He was born of Mary. Yet He was and is still God. When satan tempted Him he was tempting the flesh, the man, Jesus. Jesus could not be tempted because He was perfect, above temptation. As we know the only one that is perfect is God. Jesus was perfect. If He had not been He would not have been the perfect sacrifice on the cross for us.

If you have not done so yet I would suggest that you read the rest of this thread as well as part one. There are many posts in these two threads that point out the answers to your questions in the scriptures. If you still have questions please feel free to ask more.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 15, 2007, 05:08:38 PM »

That would make sence if God came as man...a Real man with no powers.

but he did not come as a real man. no man can heal the blind or walk on water. He had GOD in HIm or he was GOD.

Actually, the Apostles did greater miracles than Jesus did  Wink   Jesus preformed all His miracles by FAITH...trusting in the Father as did the Apostles. 

Yet the devil try's to tempt him in the desert when he was fasting to not only eat but to commit suicide. So Satan was Trying to Tempt his Own Creator GOD? Did Satan not know Jesus was GOD?

Satan knew full well who Christ was.  See Mat 8:29 where the demons say...." art thou come hither to torment us before the time?"   Did these demons know Jesus would be the source of their future torment, but Satan did not?   Satan was was merely tempting Jesus humanity...knowing that Jesus had to live and die as Man.   Jesus did everything He did in full obediance to the father....trusting and believe for things in faith.   He had to live as a man in order to reconcile man to God.   100% man 100% God.

It seems more Like Jesus Is man: son of GOD but Has GOD on his side performing mirricals in the Name of GOD..Just as he did for Moses. Then Jesus is Killed. GOD can Not Die. God is eternal. Jesus died, and was brought back to life by GOD. This is how i always interpited the Bible. Dont it make more sence this way?

Scripture has an answer for this.

Rev 1:8  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Compare....

Isa 44:6  Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Now go back and read....

Rev 1:11   Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last:[....]      Again..Gods declaration!

And finally....

Rev 1:17  And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last
Rev 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive forevermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

When did God ever die, UNLESS, Jesus is God - The First and the Last, the Alpha and Omega?   Once  you begin to see Christ as fully Human, AND fully God, these verses make sense along with verses like....

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Joh 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Yes the triune nature is quite a mystery, however, its no mystery that Jesus Himself IS God!   Scripture is crystal clear on this.    The Gospel of John speaks more of the Deity of Christ than the other Gospel's.   It was the final Gospel to be written, largely to address this very problem in the day....people doubting that Jesus was in Fact God.   Start reading there and look for phrases that Jesus uses, trying to see where He is speaking from His Deity versus His Humanity.  It makes for a fascinating read!    Smiley

Blessings!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 05:22:59 PM by 2nd Timothy » Logged

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Okie

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 21, 2007, 01:31:03 AM »

Many posters here seem to "get it" others are having trouble with the trinity. Perhaps this will help them understand it better.
Let's think of the trinity in terms of a Storm. God the Father would be Thunder.  Jesus would be Lightning. The Holy Spirit would be the wind. Each one is a seperate entity, but all have the full power of the Storm and are inseperatable.  Smiley
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 21, 2007, 09:41:15 AM »

Another good example is the 3 leaf clover. 3 separate leaves attached as one.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the