Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:37:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  BORN AGAIN
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BORN AGAIN  (Read 1645 times)
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2005, 07:27:00 AM »

What is this BORN AGAIN ,also called ?Born of GOD ,a new creature  and it refers to the hidden man or inner man or spirit .
This is also called the NEW BIRTH .Why would we need a NEW birth ?For what purpose ,could GOD feel ,we needed a new BIRTH .and what part of our being would this be ?
Well As GOD is a spirit and we are spirit 1st .Then it takes place in our spirit .We are given a clean spirit or new spirit .
It is of and from GOD .
He tells us to walk in this new spirit ,born of HIm .WHY ?
Because HE says we will not sin ?
In fact ?HE says we can not sin ,when walking in our spirit ,led by HIS SPIRIT .Which our inner man desires to serve the LORD
It does not get along with our outter man or flesh .
It is not anything like it
Gal 5:16  This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17  For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Gal 5:18  But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
This is OUR new spirit if we walk in !It desires to be led by our LORD
1Jo 1:7  But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
1Jo 1:8  If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jo 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
The sin is in the flesh and can be in the soul or mind
1Jo 2:5  But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
1Jo 2:6  He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
1Jo 2:16  For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
Jo 2:29  If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.
This is the new birth !
1Jo 3:2  Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
1Jo 3:3  And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
Because we can noty see our new spirit
1Jo 3:9  Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
1Jo 3:24  And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.
1Jo 4:6  We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us.
1Jo 4:13  Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
1Jo 4:16  And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
1Jo 5:1  Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
1Jo 5:18  We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.
2Pe 1:4  Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
This is NEW nature ,we receive of OUR LORD and savior JESUS CHRIST .We no longer need to be a slave to sin .

Rom 12:2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

2Co 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Joh 6:63 KJV  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

1Co 15:44  It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
4:26  But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
Joh 17:21  That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Joh 17:16  They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Where are we from?
NEW JERUSALEM ,where our LORd is .This is OUR city FOREVER MORE . RECIEVE WHAT YOU CAN ?

« Last Edit: January 10, 2005, 08:43:01 AM by gary cook » Logged

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 11:29:51 AM »

Brother Gary,

One must understand that 1 John is written to Christians and why it was written. It appears to be full of contradictions if one isolates a verse or fails to discover the reason why it was written. 1 John 1:3-4 explains why it was written (i.e. fellowship and "that your joy may be full." The book contains exhortations for Christian living and Christian testimony before men. Once that is understood, the seeming contradictions disappear.

1 John 1:3  That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
1 John 1:4  And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

Brother Gary, the following portion is also written to Christians. Other portions of 1 John clearly and bluntly state that all Christians sin and fall far short of the Glory of God. 1 John 2:1-2 gives us instructions about what we should do when we sin. Our advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ, the righteous, is perfect, without sin, and completely Holy. However, we are not. We don't have any righteousness of our own. Our own righteousness is as filthy rags. BUT, Jesus died for us on the CROSS, and those of us who have HIM as our Lord and Saviour are seen IN AND THROUGH JESUS CHRIST! Our only righteousness is IN JESUS CHRIST, not ourselves.

We will have an almost continual need for an advocate during this short life. Sin no longer has dominion over us, but we do still sin. If we claim that we have no sin, the truth isn't in us. Sin is no longer our master, but that does not mean that we are able to live Holy and without sin in this short life.

1 John 2:1  My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
1 John 2:2  And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Brother Gary, here is a portion of Scripture that I was looking for the other day. Another Brother quoted it in another thread, and it clearly shows there is and will be a battle within all Christians during every minute and hour of this short life. The writer is Paul, and he is describing this battle within himself.

Romans 7:14  For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Romans 7:15  For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Romans 7:16  If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Romans 7:17  Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Romans 7:18  For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Romans 7:19  For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Romans 7:20  Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Brother Gary, we will not defeat the devil during this short life. BUT, our LORD will completely defeat the devil and cast him into the fire forever at HIS appointed time. That time has not yet arrived, but it WILL.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 3:9  And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 01:53:07 PM »

Romans 7:14  For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Romans 7:15  For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Romans 7:16  If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Romans 7:17  Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Romans 7:18  For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Romans 7:19  For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Romans 7:20  Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
We will have problems with our flesh ,until we shed it .
But not our spirit ,as it is more than anything on the earth ..It is born of GOD .The closer or MORE we grow in our spirit ?The more like JESUS CHRIST ,we become .
 All our problems in this world ,come from our mind and flesh .Never our spirit . But of course ?We can not see our new creature or new spirit ? So it can not be proved . As the birth act ?Is a job of GODS HOLY SPIRIT . But I agree ,Our flesh is the biggest problem in our lifes .But our mind also can be a problem ?depending ?How much in our spirit ,led by HIS we are ?

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 03:19:15 PM »

My Friend: I am asking you the most important question of life. Your joy or your sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good you are, nor if you are a church member, but are you saved? Are you sure you will go to Heaven when you die?

THE "ROMANS ROAD" is a pathway you can walk.
It is a group of Bible verses from the book of Romans in the New Testament.
If you walk down this road you will end up understanding how to be Saved.

Romans 3:23
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

We all have sin in our hearts. We all were born with sin.  We were born under the power of sin's control.
Admit that you are a sinner.

Romans 6:23a
"...The wages of sin is death..."

Sin has an ending. It results in death. We all face physical death, which is a result of sin.
But a worse death is spiritual death that alienates us from God, and will last for all eternity.
The Bible does plainly teach that there is a place called the Lake of Fire where lost people will be in torment forever.
It is the place where people end up that remain spiritually dead.
Understand that you deserve death for your sin.

Romans 6:23b
"...But the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Salvation is a free gift from God to you!   We can't earn this gift, but we must reach out and receive it.
Ask God to forgive you and save you.

Romans 5:8
"God demonstrates His own love for us, in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us!"

When Jesus died on the cross He paid sin's penalty.  He paid the cosmic price for all sin, and when He took all the sins of the world on Himself on the cross, He bought us out of slavery to sin and death!   The only condition is that we believe in Him and what He has done for us, understanding that we are now joined with Him, and that He is our life.
Because He loved us and gave Himself for us!
Give your life to God... His love poured out in Jesus on the cross is your only hope to have forgiveness and change. His love bought you out of being a slave to sin. His love is what saves you. Not religion, or church membership.
God loves you! And reaches you right where you are.

Romans 10:13
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved!"

Call out to God in the name of Jesus!

Romans 10:9,10
"...If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, you shall be saved; for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation."

If you know that God is knocking on your hearts door,
ask Him to come into your heart.

Jesus said,
Revelation 3:20a
"Behold I stand at the door and knock, if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him..."

Is Jesus knocking on your heart's door?

Believe in Him.  Ask Him to come in to your heart by faith, and ask Him to reveal Himself to you. Open the Bible to the gospel of John and read what God says about Jesus, about you, and about being born again.

God will help you. Just talk to Him.  He loves you.

You need to look for a local Church where God's Word is preached. The Bible says that we are to desire God's word like a newborn baby desires mother's milk.
Aren't you hungry to know the truth?

Water baptism is one of the ways you first show that you have been joined to Jesus. The symbolism is this: When you go down in the water you show that you have been crucified and buried with Him, And when you come up out of the water you show that you have been raised to walk with Him in newness of life.   (See Romans chapter 6)

You have been born again.   (See John chapter 3) Your body has become God's temple.  Your heart is where He lives.  Forgiveness is yours in Jesus.  And you belong to Him.  You were sin's slave.   But now...You are a child of GOD!

John 1:12
"As many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God,
even to those who believe in His name!"

Dear God,
I confess that I am a sinner and have come short of Your glory. But I believe that You love me and that Jesus has died on the Cross for my sins. I confess with my mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in my heart that You have raised Him from the dead. I now receive Your wonderful gift of salvation—eternal life through Jesus Christ my Lord, and I ask You to fill me with the Holy Spirit, as You have promised.

I thank You in Jesus' name, Amen.

*If you Prayed the Prayer above, Praise God, You're a New Child of God! Now Please Find a Holy Bible  and read the Gospel of John in the New Testament. BETTER Yet "Click Here" to read the Gospel of John online!

God Loves You!

Love n' Hugs, \o/

KristiAnn
MsGuidedAngel

gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 03:32:09 PM »

I had a real born of GOD experiance .and I already been to new jerusalem once .So I know where I am going as soon as I get rid of the flesh . I LOOK fORWARD to death very much .I know About death ,being saved and not being saved .Been both ways .I did not like dying without the LORD .It is the most fearful thing that anyone will ever know .But after the new birth ?It is GREAT ,you go right to new jerusalem in a blink of an eye .You are with HIm . I have no idea ?How many millions of miles I traveled ,But it was faster than light . We have no idea ,the greatness of our LORD JESUS CHRIST .HE TRULY IS LORD . HE is beyond our greatest thoughts . BUT with all my heart ?I know !WE MUST BE BORN AGAIN .!When it happens ?You know it for what it is .and never forget that moment in your life time .

gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 03:40:33 PM »

Know one needs to believe these words ,in fact ,you should pray and ask the HOLY SPIRIT ,if this is true or misunderstanding .Really about everything .Because we get taught things in our younger days and accept them as TRUTh ,When we may not have the right understanding .We walk in FAITH ,led BY HIS HOLY SPIRIT .We trust NO ONE 1st .BUT OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST .
I can remenber many years ago ?I thought smoking was a sin ?I worried my poor mother ,really bad ,about her smoking . But I was wrong .I know I was worried for her spirit ,but I did not know GODS LIVING WORD . But we grow hopefully ,and have MORE LOVE .WHICH GIVES MERCY .This is WHO we need to be LOVE . Blackeyepeas ,I am your guess here !I will put nopthing up !You do not aprove .You may delete anything .I will not feel bad .LOVINGLY IN OUR LORD ,gary

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2005, 05:45:26 PM »

Brother Gary,

This is an excellent discussion, one that every Christian can benefit from. I know beyond any doubt that you belong to JESUS, and I want you to feel welcome to post whatever you wish. Disagreement can sometimes be good and help to build everyone up who is involved in the discussion.

This is simply a pleasant discussion between Brothers and Sisters in Christ. There is no hate or malice here, and I see nothing wrong with discussing this topic fully. So, Brother, please feel free to post whatever you wish. Disagreement about whether it is possible for us to live without sin and be Holy in this short life is not a matter of Salvation or blasphemy.

I, for one, would be very interested in continuing this discussion and studying the various views that you and others have. This is not a topic that everyone must agree on to be saved. So I would be very interested to learn how you think that we are capable of living in perfection, without sin, and being Holy in this short life on earth.

I'm absolutely positive that we can and should yield to God. I'm also absolutely positive that the Holy Spirit will guide and comfort us during this short journey on earth. Maybe part of the disagreement is how we say things as opposed to what we actually mean and feel.

It is an absolute fact that the Holy Spirit is perfect, without sin, and Holy. It's also an absolute fact that the Holy Spirit lives within each of us who have Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. This short life on earth would be almost unbearable without HIM in our hearts and as the focus or core of our lives.

I think that the actual question of this topic is "Can we live in perfection, without sin, and be Holy before JESUS takes us home to Heaven, especially considering that the Holy Spirit already lives within the hearts of every Christian?"

My personal answer would be "No", but I would be fascinated to learn why you think the answer is "Yes". Brother Gary, please feel free to post away.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 31:24  Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the