Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:28:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Cults, Different groups
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cults, Different groups  (Read 42119 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2006, 12:55:56 PM »

UFO Cults

Birth Place of Movement: Cascade Mountains in western Washington. 

Brief History: On June 24, 1947, pilot Kenneth Arnold was flying over the Cascades when he reported seeing "nine shiny objects in a chain-like formation speeding by at some 1600 miles per hour" (Ellwood 393). Arnold compared what he saw to a saucer skipping across water. This characterization led the media to adopt the concept of "flying saucer". Arnold's report was quickly followed by many other sightings reported from various places around the country.

The introduction of this phenomenon into society brought about rumors as to the meanings behind these unidentified flying objects. Soon, people began to believe that UFOs had made contact with humans. These humans came to be known as contactees. The first contactee was George Adamski, who claimed to have met a UFO traveler from Venus. Throughout the fifties, there were many other contactees who claimed interaction with interplanetary occupants.

Some of these contactees wrote books, gave lectures, and formed small groups of friends following them. These groups could be characterized as UFO audience cults. Like many audience cults, these groups serve as a form of social entertainment rather than a serious life commitment. Through the fifties and the sixties, UFO cults substantially remained at this level.

By the Seventies UFO audience cults began to take the shape of cult movements. A group known as Human Individual Metamorphosis (now known as Heaven's Gate) appeared in California in 1975. The two leaders of this group persuaded followers to follow them into the wilderness. They would be met by UFOs and carried to the "level above human."

In the Eighties and Nineties several cults emerged with a Christian system of beliefs. These groups considered UFO beings to be spiritual guides (even angels) who are assisting humans.

Sacred or Revered Texts: It is not possible to identify texts that would be sacred to all UFO groups, but some groups clearly have books or writings that have a sacred character. For instance, The Urantia Book is a massive two thousand page tome that tells the story of the people of our planet, Uranti, our destiny and relation to God, as well as detailed information of other universes. The Heaven's Gate cult, which committed mass suicide in March, 1997 had a volume entitled How and When Heaven's Gate May be Entered which could be considered sacred text. They also sited specific Bible texts, especially the eleventh Chaper of the Book of Revelations, that legitimate their mission.

Cult or Sect: Negative sentiments are typically implied when the concepts "cult" and "sect" are employed in popular discourse. Since the Religious Movements Homepage seeks to promote religious tolerance and appreciation of the positive benefits of pluralism and religious diversity in human cultures, we encourage the use of alternative concepts that do not carry implicit negative stereotypes.

Beliefs: Making sense of the UFO subculture, or more appropriately subcultures, is not easy. Most groups are small and function autonomously from all others. The only belief they share in common is the conviction that there are alien beings "out there". The nature of these beings, whether they are or have been present in our little corner of the universe, whether individuals have had contact with them, etc. are all points of differing beliefs.

Despite the differences among groups, several common beliefs can be found. A very common belief is the idea that only a select few (contactees) can communicate with UFOs. Since these contactees are the only way for others to receive the messages sent by UFO, followers must put full faith into what the contactees report.

Another common belief is the idea of evolution. Many groups believe that mankind evolves continuously from life time to life time. Of course, with each group, there are variations, but a common belief is that at the end of each life, a human being moves on to a new place to then further evolve.

Yet another belief is that everyone/everything is living and related. As a being moves on after life, there is a connection, and a closer relationship to becoming one with the Universe. After all things move on and evolve, all things will become one. What happens to this uniform being also varies from group to group.

Size of Group: Since there are numerous UFO Cults, no definite size can be determined. The majority of UFO cult movements rarely have more than fifty or sixty members at a given time, but UFO audience cults can have up to a couple thousand members. At a broader level, there are literally millions of persons with at least some casual interest in UFO.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2006, 01:11:02 PM »

Amen brother and some of these get to be downright blasphemous.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2006, 02:17:14 PM »

Amen brother and some of these get to be downright blasphemous.

I know, and believe ya brother.

There is also over 300 different groups, on this UFO groups. Shocked Shocked

YOUNG MEGATRON

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2006, 11:37:27 PM »

amazing!! before i bumped in to this thread i had just posted something simular on this site in prophecies--> http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?topic=12780.msg167730#new

Its my beleife that UFO's are real...Ive seen one. I also had a demonic encounter with one and guess what it looked like? thats when i came to a relization ( theory)
That thease things are in fact real, but they are demons, or Satan and his fallen angels.

Lets not argue the cave drawings, the lost civilizations with incredible technologys, the renisance paintings, the recent incline in technology and the increase of sightings. It has all been planted from day 1 building it self up to be the COUNTERFIT LIE of the anti-Christ. Thease things are in fact real. Satan Runs Earth untill God comes back. He was here 1st, to temp eve with the forbidden fruit. Now If you Read the Bible looking for Proof that The Bible is real ( like most unbeleivers do ) you will discover many UFO encounters. From The Birth of Christ ( Artificial Insimination ) yo The Rib Taken from Adam to make Eve. ( Genetic DNA cloning ) and of course the Book of ezeikial and his sightings , it then sadly makes sence in a twisted way. This is how the Anti Christ will decieve man!!! with twisted scripture from ALLLLLL religions. I was a Victim of this crime!! And Guess what Just as the Bible prophecised so will the entire human race with the exception of Christians who beleive through FAITH. The Road To Heaven is a Narrow one....Now you relize why. Those are only a few holes I mentioned in the Bible, there are many more but i will not go in to that..But this is what man kind will see. Man kind with no Faith. Most Demonic Encounters are described almost exactly like UFO abductions. Ghost , Spirits, Ufo's...all Demons in different Image. " Well It sais so right here in the Bible" will not work on the human race. but Proof from the beast will.

The UFO's will come down and man will see these ET's in the Flesh. They just wont know that it's Satan. By the Time this happens Christians will all have alraedy been raptured.

This is My theory.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2006, 11:56:55 PM »

While I admit UFO's may be real and if so they are definitely demons that are deceiving people, to say that Mary was the victim of artificial insemination by them is pure blasphemy. The Bible is quite specific about the birth of Jesus and it has nothing to do with such as you describe.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
YOUNG MEGATRON

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2006, 12:31:46 AM »

Not as I describe Pastor...as the cults describe..I am Christian and see how what i wrote can be interpited the way you did. I was trying to explain why the Anti-christ will have such a easey time deceiving man kind. As I said...I too turned to Science for answers....But GOD revealed the truth to me in my science research wich is why i know thease things in the sky or demonic.

I am Going to Heaven because i confess that Jesus Christ is LORD, He died and rose from the dead by the power of GOD and he will return in a SOOON to come rapture.
I have asked him in to my heart and stray from sin as much as man can.

im sorry I was not specific in detail as to what exactly i was trying to say.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2006, 12:53:27 AM »

amazing!! before i bumped in to this thread i had just posted something simular on this site in prophecies-->

Its my beleife that UFO's are real...Ive seen one. I also had a demonic encounter with one and guess what it looked like? thats when i came to a relization ( theory)
That thease things are in fact real, but they are demons, or Satan and his fallen angels.

That maybe, or not I don't know.

From The Birth of Christ ( Artificial Insimination ) yo The Rib Taken from Adam to make Eve. ( Genetic DNA cloning ) and of course the Book of ezeikial and his sightings , it then sadly makes sence in a twisted way. This is how the Anti Christ will decieve man!!! with twisted scripture from ALLLLLL religions. I was a Victim of this crime!! And Guess what Just as the Bible prophecised so will the entire human race with the exception of Christians who beleive through FAITH.

The UFO's will come down and man will see these ET's in the Flesh. They just wont know that it's Satan. By the Time this happens Christians will all have alraedy been raptured.

This is My theory.

Wrong, you need to spend more time reading the Bible.   Not dealing with these cults.  Thats what it is, a cult that believe that!!  What you have said about artificial insimination, and genetic DNA cloning is pure blasphemy.

The Road To Heaven is a Narrow one....Now you relize why. Those are only a few holes I mentioned in the Bible, there are many more but i will not go in to that..
Yes the road is a narrow one. If you believe this, you are on the wrong road.  The Bible has no holes in it.  The only doctrine that has holes is by man.  Gods doctrine is perfect.

YOUNG MEGATRON

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2006, 01:08:42 AM »

You are miss understanding what i was trying to say...I was just INFORMING people how most men are interpiting the bible. I too fell in to thease thoghts and theorys...I know they are satanic ones..Read it again but this time know Im a christian and read it. I was only trying to make you see what is about to happen ( whats happening) with non christians and how the anti-christ will make his move..I know thease are lies, you know thease are lies.

Can I be any more Clear?? or is there still a missunderstanding? Honestly do you think any one can come on a Christian forum and spread anti-christ propaganda and get away with it? Do you think that was my plan..as If any one on this forum can be convinced other then the holy Bible? Think Hard Now...Think Logicly.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2006, 01:17:47 AM »

Can I be any more Clear?? or is there still a missunderstanding? Honestly do you think any one can come on a Christian forum and spread anti-christ propaganda and get away with it? Do you think that was my plan..as If any one on this forum can be convinced other then the holy Bible? Think Hard Now...Think Logicly.
You sure are trying to spread satans lies.  Why post such garbage??

I don't think logically, I think with my heart, as Jesus Christ would have us do.  When you think with you brain, you fall into satans trap.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2006, 01:21:52 AM »

What should be done is to teach the Bible as it is. It is the truth with no "holes" and not to concentrate on these other false cults. If we teach God's word we cannot go wrong. Those that will be deceived are those that will ignore the teachings of the Bible and turn to the teachings of men.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2006, 01:36:01 AM »

What should be done is to teach the Bible as it is. It is the truth with no "holes" and not to concentrate on these other false cults. If we teach God's word we cannot go wrong. Those that will be deceived are those that will ignore the teachings of the Bible and turn to the teachings of men.

AMEN!!

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2006, 01:58:27 AM »

And another AMEN!

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
YOUNG MEGATRON

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2006, 02:02:17 AM »

I see i cant redeem myself even after my explanations. Its like you hav'nt been reading any of the post Ive been typing , Yuu persist to focus on the thread wich I will say again you totaly missunderstood.Any thing else i type goes right out the window. Like i said...in the private messege, I dont mind leaving this site, I just dont want to go missunderstood..Looks like thats inevetable. Im sorry you guys cant keep up with what im trying to say.

"When you think with you brain, you fall into satans trap" WOW. we dissagree there.

I will agree with what you said about me paying too much attention to the UFO explanation..That in it self is Unholy. But for you guys to think that my intentions were to spread anti-christ propaganda is insane.and to think i support it and that im trying to convince members here is even twice as insane. If my links were still there...you would have seen what i was trying to put out there. I think churches should be aware of Satans Lies, especially when this cult inpaticular describes the anti-christ to a "T". Where else would I post that Topic? Prophecies and Current events sounds about right to me, then again I was thinking with my Brain "oops" You guys remind me of those old judges in white wigs slamming there hammer down not even hearing my case. You totaly Miss Read My Post , You still Dont get it..You dont want to get it. And thats Fine. Its My fault because It was Titald "Yay the Anti Christ" You actually took that Litterlly. I can not beleive you took that sarcasem litterally. Like I would post that on a christian site...Its Mind Blowing. im not angry..just frustrated. I will see you guys in heaven. It makes no sence to stick around and plee my case. Ive already been judged.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2006, 02:24:46 AM »

First no one is judging you but rather just what you have said. That is the Biblical way. To test the spirits. Even with sarcasm noted in your post there was much that you stated as coming from you that is not Biblical. It was clear that those things were your statements and not those of the cult you were talking about. I already pointed those statements out in prior posts so I won't bother repeating myself. I did go to those web sites of the links that you gave. That is the very reason that I removed them from your post. The links were to a web site that was teaching a cult. That in itself is against the forum rules. Then to post blasphemy of Jesus and the Holy Spirit by comparing an antichrist to them and saying he was doing the same thing that God did is unacceptable.

Is this person "THE" antichrist? I seriously doubt it. There is much about him that does not fit the Bibles description of the beast. Is he an antichrist? Most assuredly.

I strongly recommend that you study your Bible and to ignore looking into these cults. A young Christian will be easily misled into all kinds of garbage by doing such. Stick to the Bible.

When it was said not to think with the brain it was meant not to use man's logic but to rely on the understanding that we get from God not from our own ways of thinking.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2006, 01:15:40 PM »

Astrology, A Christian View

Astrology is defined as a belief in the movement or the position of the planets and stars as the forewarnings of the will of the gods (or forces of fate), which the devotees of astrology may somehow cope with by taking some sort of evasive or preventive action.

Astrology, when related to the horoscopes and study of the signs of the zodiac, may indicate special potentialities in those born under a certain constellation, or signify good or bad luck for activities that might be engaged in during that particular day.

In ancient pre-Christian times, the concern for astrology was accompanied by actual worship of the heavenly bodies in a ritualistic way.

Astrology is condemned by God because it is an attempt on the part of humanity to usurp that which naturally belongs to God, ie. foreknowledge and acquire knowledge of the future whether near or far. Astrology is also a result of humanity's rejection of God's revelation, in that humans seek to worship the created order or themselves, rather than the Creator Himself. (Romans 1:25)

Scripture emphatically states in Deuteronomy 29:29 "The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law." This truth is reiterated by Joseph in Genesis 40:8 "Do not interpretations belong to God?" and the prophet Daniel, "but there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries" (Daniel 2:28)

That which is secret, be it the future, our plans for the future, the end of the age, the coming of Christ is in the jurisdiction of God alone. We are not privy to that information nor are we permitted to interfere into that area. What has been given to us to know by God has been given by way of revelation, to go beyond God's revealed Word is to tread into perilous waters. Once again Scripture admonishes us "…so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, "Do not go beyond what is written." Then you will not take pride in one man over against another." (1 Corinthians 4:6) The result of going beyond God's revelation is human pride, the concept that man is the measure of all things and the master of his destiny. Therein lies the very essence of astrology. It all comes down to one point: CONTROL. It is the attempt to have control over one's future in regards to marriage, employment, relationships, etc. From the beginning, humanity has always sought to be independent and released from God. Humans have been assuming all along that they are their own god. This was the lie of the serpent in the Garden, "your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." (Genesis 3:5)

Astrology is false according to the Scriptures for the following reasons:

1) The stars were created by God to serve as "lights" and "signs" for calendar purposes (years, months, days, seasons). The stars were made for our benefit (Genesis 1:1, 14-19) and not for the purposes of divination or predicting the future. (Psalm 136:7-9)

2) The worship of the heavenly bodies and stars is condemned by God as idolatry. Under the Mosaic law, people who engaged in these practices were to be executed. (Deuteronomy 17:2-7)

3) The worship of heavenly bodies and stars are forbidden. (Deuteronomy 4:19)

4) The stars, being God's creation, are told in biblical poetical literature to worship God. (Psalm 148:3) The reason being that God alone is the Creator and worthy of all worship by the created order whether animated (humans, animals, plants) or inanimate. (sun, moon, stars, heavens, etc.)

5) Israel was condemned for falling away from God by worshipping the stars. (2 Kings 23:4-5; 2 Chronicles 33:1-6)

6) God challenges the Babylonians to summon their astrologers and prevent His judgment from falling on the nation of Babylon. God Himself mocks the astrologers. (Isaiah 47:11-15) Astrology leads to error and cannot save anyone.

7) Astrologers cannot interpret the dreams of Nebuchadnezzar. (Daniel 2:1-2, 10-12)

8) Astrologers cannot decipher the handwriting on the wall. (Daniel 5:7-8)

9) Daniel and his friends' knowledge surpasses those of astrologers. (Daniel 1:17, 20) This demonstrates that God's revelation, that Daniel had, was greater and much more reliable than the information that the Babylonian astrologers had.

10) God alone knows the future and He does not make it known through astrologers. (Daniel 2:27-28) Rather God reveals His plans to His chosen prophets. "Surely the Sovereign LORD does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets"(Amos 3:7 This agrees with Deuteronomy 29:29 cited above.

11) Although Jesus never mentioned astrology, we know that He opposed it since He viewed the Scriptures as authoritative and inspired as He said, "the Scripture cannot be broken" (John 10:35). We must also note that Jesus was the God-Man. As the Word who existed from all eternity with God and was Himself God (John 1:1-3, 18), He was the One who spoke with Moses and gave the Law (including prohibitions against astrology) to him. ( Compare Exodus 3:13 with John 8:58-59)

12) "Idolaters" will not inherit the Kingdom of God (1 Corinthians 6:9-10) As noted earlier, God views astrology as equivalent to idolatry. (Deuteronomy 17:2-7)

13) Idolatry and witchcraft are condemned and those who practice it will not inherit God's Kingdom. (Galatians 5:19-21) Witchcraft and/or sorcery in the New Testament comes from the Greek word farmakeia (pronounced pharmakeia). We get the word pharmacy from this word. It means "sorcery", "witchcraft", "magical arts" and it is connected with idolatry. Astrology was related to sorcery and magical arts as well.

14) According to Revelation 9:20-21, the end times will be characterized by an increased involvement in sorcery or magical arts which includes astrology.

15) Those who practice "magical arts" (like astrology), have no part in the New Jerusalem, but are referred to as "dogs" which in biblical times referred to those who were unclean and outside of God's favour. (Revelation 22:15)

16) The chief Apostles, Peter and Paul personally condemned sorcerers with strong language. (Acts 8:9-10, 18-24; 13:6-12)

Thus, astrology is condemned throughout Scripture by the Law of Moses, the Prophets, Jesus Christ (implicitly, see point 11 above), the Apostles, and the Christian Church today.

There are 2 irrefutable facts in the Bible: 1) There is a God and 2) You are not Him. Only God is infinite and omniscient, Who knows all things, the end from the beginning. We are finite and limited in knowledge. Scripture reminds us to never to assume that we will know what will happen tomorrow. We should instead recognize that only God knows what tomorrow will bring. For this reason we are told that we should always say, "if it is the Lord's will." (James 4:13-16) We do not know the future, but we do know Him who holds it in the palm of His hand. What a blessed assurance this brings.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the