Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:27:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Shekinah Glory: When Did It Leave Solomon's Temple
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Shekinah Glory: When Did It Leave Solomon's Temple  (Read 19939 times)
Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2005, 03:25:47 PM »

Hey you guys. I reckon that i'll start a topic for once on here. I was wondering what the common consensus on the Shekinah Glory is. I've just recently spent some time discussing with a good brother in Christ abou when the Shekinah Glory entered into the Temple, but we were puzzled as to when it left thhe Temple. We came to an agreement based on Ezekiel's timeline, but i  was wondering what your views are on this subject. Your imput will be greatly appreciated. God Bless.

Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
Sulfurdolphin

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 11:44:36 PM »

Hey there Joshua, here are some scripture of when the Shekinah Glory left the Temple and Jerusalem.

Ezekiel chapter 8:6-7 Furthermore HE said to me "Son of man, do you see what they are doing the great abominations that the house of Israel commits here, to make Me go far away from My sanctuary? Now turn again you will see greater abominations. So He brought me to the door of the court and when I looked there was a hole in the wall.

Ezekiel chapter 11:23-25 And the Glory of the Lord went up from the midst of the city and stood on the mountain which is on the east side of the city. Then the Spirit took me up and brought me in a vision by the Spirit of God into Chaldea to those in captivity. And the vision that I had seen went up from me. So I spoke to those in captivity of all the things the Lord had shown me.

(Note) The east side the Shekinah Glory moved onto the Mount of Olives and wept for Jerusalem).

1 Kings 8:10-11 And it came to pass when the preists came out of the holy place that the cloud filled the house of the Lord so that the priests could not continue ministering because of the cloud for the Shekinah Glory of Adonai filled the house of the Lord.

The Lord said HE would dwell in the dark cloud. I have surely built You an exalted house and a place for You to dwell in forever.

God dwelt between the Cherubim.

One of these events is the departure of governmental power from Judah. This is announced in the remarkable passage in chapter XX1 26,27.

First he sees it in its wonted place between the Cherubim in the Holy of Holies then he sees it lift itself from off the cherub and move to the threshold where it evidently remained for awhile. Then he sees it move again this time mounted on the Cherubim the symobls of God's executive power on the earth and passing out by the east gate it stood or remained hovering over the court So that the court was full of the brightness of the glory of Jehovah. Again he sees it depart from the court of the temple and stand over the city.

Michael
Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 08:28:25 AM »

Ok...now here's the tricky part. About what dates did it occur. I've been doing some research and i found those Scriptures that you were talking about, but then I got to hinking...as far as the timeline as concerned...and i've narrowed it down to sometime around the first 2 or 3 years in Zedekiah's reign and the beginning years of the Captivity of Israel in Babylon. which falls right along with Ezekiel's writing of Chapters 1-10 which dates to about 595-593 b.c. So i'm thinking around those years the Shekinah Glory left the Temple, because in Chapter 11 we're shown that the two wicked men were in council, Peletia and Jaazaniah. Now i've figured out that it does happen around around 594 because if Ezekiel saw his vision of the wickedness in Jerusalem after He saw the first vision of the glory, then since Ezekiel's prophecies are recorded in chronological order, it would be safe to say that the Shekinah Glory left before the wickedness...so now what i've been trying to figure out, is who exactly Jaazaniah and Peletiah are, because Jaazaniah is called the Son of Azur...but if you check in 2 Kings it records that Hananiah was also the Son of Azur...so did Azur the Prophet have two sons, or are these two different Azurs. That's the issue that i'm dealing with now.Because i feel that if we see that  the timeline of Ezekiel shows us that the Glory of the Lord was absent during the time of Peletiah and Jaazaniah's wickedness. We see that around zedekiah's time, the city of Jerusalem was divided into 25 mayors, or "Princes" as they're called. Anywho. That's what was racking my brain last night about it. I've personally gotten enough to nail down the time period, but now i'm looking for additional support from Scripture and additional sources. I still have to do some digging into Josephus' history and some other historical sources. Maybe I can find some info on these two people and figure out whether there were one or two azur's in Scripture.

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the