Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:15:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286802 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Television (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Gaither Family & Friends Singing
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gaither Family & Friends Singing  (Read 4928 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: December 24, 2004, 05:59:11 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

Maybe some of you have watched a Gaither Family and Friends singing special on television. I haven't noticed any specials recently and wonder if anyone knows a channel that these specials still show on.

It's usually a stage full of people with many sweet brothers and sisters in Christ, some young and some old. Many of the different groups that sing and play on stage have been doing beautiful gospel music for 50 years or more. I love to listen to them, but I haven't seen them on television for some time.

If you know of a channel that still shows their specials, please share it with me. Thanks in advance. They used to call some of the shows "Home Comings" or "Camp Meetings". All of them involve some of the most beautiful Gospel music I've ever heard.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 111:4  He hath made his wonderful works to be remembered: the LORD is gracious and full of compassion.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2004, 06:24:50 PM »

The Sky Angel Classic Christmas Marathon kicks off at Midnight ET on Friday, December 24, with Hollywood Palace’s Bing Crosby & Family Special, which will air again at 8 a.m., 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. ET. The full day of TV nostalgia will conclude with a special New Year’s episode of The Jack Benny Show at 11:30 p.m. ET.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2004, 09:57:38 PM »

Brother Bob,

That sounds great, but I'm almost sure that we don't get SkyAngel. We have DirectTV, and we do get 5 or 6 Christian channels. I'm definitely in the mood for Gospel music, so I'm going to find something.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 119:105  Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2004, 10:12:39 PM »

Brother Bob,

That sounds great, but I'm almost sure that we don't get SkyAngel. We have DirectTV, and we do get 5 or 6 Christian channels. I'm definitely in the mood for Gospel music, so I'm going to find something.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 119:105  Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
I know "I'll be home for Christmas" is on tonight. So is "A Christmas Carol: The musical is on as well. ABC & NBC

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2004, 09:28:31 PM »

Dreamweaver,

We missed it. We ended up just listening to a Christian music channel until the noise from the kids got to loud to hear it.   Cheesy  I'm not complaining at all. We had 10 children in a little farm house, and they had a ball. In fact, I really don't want to call the sounds of children having fun noise. It's just a different kind of music.   Cheesy

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 36:5  Thy mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; and thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds.

smittyjr

Phil. 3:8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2005, 01:33:50 AM »

Yes....Gaithers show quite a bit in Oklahoma. On Cox Cable, its channels 9 (KSBI) & 24 ( Celebration?) In fact, they were on tonight (Sat nite) I'll try to get times & days for you & pass it on.

If you haven't, you ought to try to go to one of their concerts when they come through town. We did about 3 or 4 years ago........A W E S O M E  is the only word for it.

If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always be what you've always been.......

God Bless you brothers & sisters in Christ.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2005, 03:24:48 PM »

Smittyjr,

Brother,

My wife and I hardly do anything for entertainment, so we are thinking about looking at a satellite television package that has quite a few Christian stations. It's really hard for me to get out to a concert because of my health. I can't remember the name of the Christian stations we have now, but we have managed to find several Gaither shows. They are absolutely beautiful with a stage full of people who love the Lord. Some of the ones on the stage have been singing to and for the Lord 60+ years. I'm thinking about the Goodman's and others. I think that most of the Gaither shows we have seen on television were called Home Coming Specials.

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 5:24  Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

smittyjr

Phil. 3:8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2005, 04:28:26 PM »

We checked into Sky Angel once here in OK.......its available in some areas. GREAT music & other type of Christian t.v. They have channels dedicated to only music stations, kinda like mainstream MTV & such. You ought to at least consider it.......we were going to. Still not outta the question.

If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always be what you've always been.......

God Bless you brothers & sisters in Christ.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the