Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:28:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  Questions, help, suggestions, and bug reports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  To my friends,
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: To my friends,  (Read 8617 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« on: December 19, 2004, 02:07:23 AM »

I will be taking my leave from Christians Unite. I will miss your friendship, and fellowship.  Maybe one day I will come back right now, I don't know.  Contune to read your Bibles my friends.

I am tired of being insulted by Brother Love. Who feels I should be here, 24/7/365 days a year.  I am tired of his mocking me, in PM's. Saying that he is fasting from junk food, when he posts junk food. Accusing me that almost every post I have made is junk. Well I am tired of being prescuted.  Well sometimes, the garbage gets old, and I am tired of it.

Ecc 1:18 For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.
Bob

Patzt

I'm a blood bought child of God!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 02:26:09 AM »

Bob, I've very sorry to read this.

I've come to think very, very highly of both you and Tom and will continue to pray for you.  I might have more to say later but right now I'm just too much in shock.

God bless you,

Pat

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 05:32:54 AM »

Brother DW, I agree with Patzt. You and your posts will be sorely missed. It is too bad that as Christians that some cannot put aside petty differences and get along with their brothers instead of persecuting them.

I hope that you see it in your heart to stay.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2004, 06:25:34 AM »

I keep wondering if BroLo actually thinks he's trying to help. Roll Eyes

Thankfully, I only got one of those Junk Food PM's.  Roll Eyes

But I understand, DW. He has made it less than a desirable place to be.  Undecided

I get on and see him and leave.  Embarrassed

Which is, I'm guessing, part of his mission.  Undecided

But you, DreamWeaver, are much loved by us, Brother.  Cheesy

And I thank you for helping me during those 'heavy' times!  Smiley

You've been a dear friend and a fun Brother in Christ!  Smiley

In the Army of the Lord, BroLo has been cited with 'friendly fire'.  Embarrassed

I know some will take this to be mean-spirited and I'm sorry if it seems that way.  Undecided

But, I, too, have had enough of his brand of 'Love'.  Lips Sealed

Know that you will be missed! Even for those of us who won't be here, much, either!  Wink

Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2004, 09:10:31 PM »

Spurgeon once preached a sermon that he felt was his absolute worst.  He floundered and stammered through it, and felt that it ended a complete failure. In his great humiliation he prayed to God that night, "Lord, God, Thou canst do something with nothing.  Bless that poor sermon."

He prayed this prayer repeatedly throughout the week day and night. But, he also determined in himself that the next Sunday he would preach a great sermon.

He did exactly that.  His next Sunday's sermon went splendidly and the people praised him highly for it. He was pleased with himself and slept beautifully that night without a care.  But, the thought came to him, "I'll watch the results of those two sermons."

He was eventually able to trace forty-one souls saved through the effects of the poor, humiliating sermon while not one was saved through the highly praised one!

1 Corinthians 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2004, 09:47:44 PM »

You shouldn't let others bug you, DW.

Grin

I just treat BL as my little brother, and I "tolerate" him.  (hehe)

He's growing like the rest of us.

Smiley  
Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2004, 09:52:22 PM »

Bob, I wish that you wouldn't leave.  People on here get to be like family, well those in Christ ARE family.  I will miss you.  Sorry to hear of all of your health issues.  Hopefully you won't take a long leave of absence.  We will miss you.  We love you brother.

Love in Christ,
Kris
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 09:54:59 PM by Kris777 » Logged

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Jesus is our first, last and only hope.  Without Him we would be nothing.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2004, 03:11:34 AM »

Okay, okay, I have gotten 22 PM's.  Please allow me to pray about this, please.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2004, 03:37:23 AM »

I will be taking my leave from Christians Unite. I will miss your friendship, and fellowship.  Maybe one day I will come back right now, I don't know.  Contune to read your Bibles my friends.

I am tired of being insulted by Brother Love. Who feels I should be here, 24/7/365 days a year.  I am tired of his mocking me, in PM's. Saying that he is fasting from junk food, when he posts junk food. Accusing me that almost every post I have made is junk. Well I am tired of being prescuted.  Well sometimes, the garbage gets old, and I am tired of it.

Ecc 1:18 For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.
Bob

Brother Bob,

You know that I love you and pray for you every day, and I know that you pray for me. That's the way things should be between brothers and sisters in Christ. Many people on Christians Unite suffer with serious health problems every day, but God commands love regardless of health. I know how bad your health problems are, but that IS NOT a qualifier for why I love you in Christ, nor should it be for any Christian.

Brother, I know that you've just been diagnosed with another serious illness, on top of all your other health problems. I'm praying that you simply take a break, give the doctor a chance to work on your treatment plan, wait until you feel better, and ask God for guidance. Take all the time you wish brother, and don't worry about the work you have volunteered to do here. Let that be your last consideration or no consideration at all. I could joke with you and say that I'll ask ADMIN for a 50% pay raise, but 50% of nothing is still nothing and I doubt you are in the mood for humor right now. Do as little or as much as makes you happy, or nothing, and don't worry about it.

The main thing that I want to do right now is simply tell you that many Christians here love you, including me. I'll send you more in an email. I will keep praying for you, and I would deeply appreciate your continued prayers for me. Please also let me wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS, full of the joy, peace, and love of JESUS.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 4:19  But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2004, 08:16:15 AM »

DW!   I too hope that you will reconsider.   Your ID is always a welcome sight when logging in.   You have numerous friends here CU, and I know we would all miss you dearly if you decided to leave.   Like Tom says, take a little time off until you and your doctor can get a handle on your situation.   We Love you and your presense here on the board, and I know I for one, would hate to see you leave.   Cry

You will be in my prayers and thoughts my friend.   May Gods Love and Peace rest on you.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Patzt

I'm a blood bought child of God!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2004, 08:33:25 AM »

What great messages to you, Bob!  

I'm praying for both you and Tom.  It's so difficult being a moderator.  I speak from experience.

God bless you both.

Pat

Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2004, 11:00:27 AM »

DUDE...no you ain't leavin now! I don't wanna have to come wherever you're at and beat some sense in to ya dude. I will if i have to! and you think my posts are good on here...wait till i meet ya in person Bob...Man, look at it this way, satan's trying to cause discord amongst us...and he works overtime when it gets around this time of year. People get anxious and stuff just builds up[.. We're experiencing that in a few rooms that I admin in myself...i mean things are blowing up and out of proportion. But man, I pray you don't leave...I for one enjoy reading your studiees and posts man. I just got here in Aug. so I can't really say I know you all that well, but to be a global administrator then you must be trustworthy bro. and that i'm glad of. I'm with pat. it is difficult being a moderator...i know also from experience...so I pray you won't leave man. We're praying for ya bro. and I hope you make the right decision. God Bless ya!

Joshua.

p.s. i'm true to my word, if i have to...i will come and knock some sense into you with both God's Word and my hard head! Tongue

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2004, 05:18:47 PM »

Oh whatcha gonna do when Jemidon comes for you  Grin

I think he means business DW!  Wink

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2004, 08:48:09 PM »

Ya darn skippy! I don't play when it comes to someone leaving...I just want them to do what the Lord lead's them to do...and someone such as DW shouldn't leave because of this...I just blow my top in a funny way and straighten it out with the Word, then go out on my merry little way...or i go play guitar if i'm stressed...helps me, but DW, bro we need ya here. Please don't go...and I'm not renigging on my promise earlier...i'll still come and give it to you! lol. God Bless you bro as you decide what yer gonna do!

Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2004, 01:18:38 AM »

Brother DW, I agree with Patzt. You and your posts will be sorely missed. It is too bad that as Christians that some cannot put aside petty differences and get along with their brothers instead of persecuting them.

I hope that you see it in your heart to stay.

The Lord has shown me, so I will stay. The world is big enough for all, who believe in the Lord.

Resting again with my Lord and Savior.
Bob

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the