Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:19:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  God Can't
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: God Can't  (Read 2810 times)
musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2005, 02:39:12 PM »

Saying God isn't powerful enough to sin is like saying light isn't powerful enough to be dark. It's man's logic that confuses "nature" with "power"

Pick a fight with crazy Mike Tyson and tell him he's not strong enough to lose.

Bronzesnake

NO WAY not me, pick a fight with Elmer Fud maybe......lol..
Besides who ever wants to fight Mike Tyson needs to tape there ears back REAL good and just to be safe, use a nose guard too.

What is dark? except the absense of light, God seperated and created the light into two forms day, and night....in some high minded way dark is light with out as many light photons...or something like that....just be thankful it was God creating it, if it'd been me we'd ended up with pea soup for light Tongue

musicllover

musicllover
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2005, 03:07:59 PM »

MusicLover,

Grin   Grin  ROFL! - Thanks sister - I needed that laugh!

CrystalClear

I can think for myself thankyou!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2005, 04:34:48 PM »

I disagree, God is omnipotent. He CAN do any and all of those things. He chooses what to do and what not to do.

How do you think God would sin IF he choose to sin?

God knows all things, knows the hearts and minds of man, created heaven and earth and everything inbetween, he is the first and the last....its impossible for God to sin. God doesn't need a choice, choice comes when you don't know the out come or the answer to something, God knows everything he is perfect,...., BUT man, he has the chioce.

Doesn't the scriptures say some thing about the created not questioning the creater (Job)? (my para phrase if you need I'll find the scripture). SO  you believe God can sin, if he choose too?, HOW, killing first born, wiping out whole nations, opening up the earth and swallowing whole families.....lol. God needs to be at the top of the CIA's most wanted list for being a doulbe agent.  Tongue

IF God can sin, that would mean that Jesus died for God too  Huh

musicllover
Being able to do something (like sin) and choosing or deciding not to is much more powerful than not having any choice. If you drop your wallet full of money I could give it back to you or keep it. Knowing the outcome of the action is meaningless.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-William Shakespeare
musicllover

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2005, 05:29:06 PM »

I disagree, God is omnipotent. He CAN do any and all of those things. He chooses what to do and what not to do.

How do you think God would sin IF he choose to sin?

God knows all things, knows the hearts and minds of man, created heaven and earth and everything inbetween, he is the first and the last....its impossible for God to sin. God doesn't need a choice, choice comes when you don't know the out come or the answer to something, God knows everything he is perfect,...., BUT man, he has the chioce.

Doesn't the scriptures say some thing about the created not questioning the creater (Job)? (my para phrase if you need I'll find the scripture). SO  you believe God can sin, if he choose too?, HOW, killing first born, wiping out whole nations, opening up the earth and swallowing whole families.....lol. God needs to be at the top of the CIA's most wanted list for being a doulbe agent.  Tongue

IF God can sin, that would mean that Jesus died for God too  Huh

musicllover
Being able to do something (like sin) and choosing or deciding not to is much more powerful than not having any choice. If you drop your wallet full of money I could give it back to you or keep it. Knowing the outcome of the action is meaningless.

I'm trying to understand where you are coming from here,

You said........Being able to do something (like sin) and choosing or deciding not to is much more powerful than not having any choice.........scratching my head Huh WHo has the choice, God or man? If you say man then your also saying man is more powerful that God becasue man has the ability to choose?
And if you say God, then your saying God can sin but choices not too?
 So you thing that God would have to take a few seconds or minutes to decide to give a dropped wallet back?

OF coarse he wouldnt'. God wouldn't even have to decided what is right because God can't sin, even thinking about keeping it is wrong.  

If it were as you said, God has a choice then that would make God no different than any carnal man, or man not being any different than God except he made the wrong choice and committed a sin, sound similiar to the exaltation bunk of morminism to me.

musicllover

musicllover
musicllover

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2005, 10:14:45 PM »

Please brothers and sisters, by trying to talk sense into someone like CrystalClear is hopeless.  This person is nothing but a troublemaker and wants to cause derision in the forums.  Trying to settle a point with a person who argues about everything and anything is fruitless and impossible; it’s like clapping with one hand.

These are his words from another thread:
I must remember that fundies will never change their position so it is pointless for me to argue this farther. You will interpret the meaning of words or scripture to suit your position.
And:
As I said, it's pointless to argue about certain things because Fundamentalists only interpret the Bible when it's convenient and claim it literally when convenient….I on the other hand use intelligence to interpret the deeper and Philisophical meanings to Gods word.

With a person like CrystalClear I usually spend some time explaining the obvious and defending the erroneous, but after a bit I stop because these people don’t have ears to hear.  This is where it’s at right now with him in the forums; he just needs to be left alone.

Be blessed

Silver

Silver,
       Your probably right silver. To argue that God can sin is fruitless, we all know that God can't sin, wether he has a choice or not is impossilbe to know unless someone knows a scriptures that says God can. We do know man has the sinful nature, and God doesn't.
Peace

musicllover

musicllover
CrystalClear

I can think for myself thankyou!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2005, 06:19:55 PM »

Attack me all you like Silver, it only shows the truth about you. This is a debate forum and contrary to your words (read lies) I do not argue about everything. I believe I've only argued on about 3 or 4 different topics on this entire board. I assume you are smart enough to count higher than 4 which means you just simply decided to speak up and attack me without saying a single word about the topic.
I believe the sub-title to this forum is "if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen" perhaps you should pray on the meaning of that quote and then decide whether you should or should not follow it's advice.
I am not here to be "a troublemaker" or "to cause derision in the forums", I simply have a different point of view on a few issues which you can't seem to handle. I'll pray for you.

I'm sorry if you don't agree with the definition of omnipotent. And I'd like to remind that we are using the human definition of a word created by humans. So you can't call God Omnipotent and then disagree with the definition of the word.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-William Shakespeare
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2005, 06:53:00 PM »

GOD can not lie ,HE could not hold HIS kingdom together ?If HE did not keep HIS WORD .BUT For LOVES SAKE ,Which HE is .HE CAN have MERCY .Which HE DOES ! We can TRUST HIm .To never leave or forsake us .

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2005, 07:31:57 PM »

Attack me all you like Silver, it only shows the truth about you. This is a debate forum and contrary to your words (read lies) I do not argue about everything. I believe I've only argued on about 3 or 4 different topics on this entire board. I assume you are smart enough to count higher than 4 which means you just simply decided to speak up and attack me without saying a single word about the topic.
I believe the sub-title to this forum is "if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen" perhaps you should pray on the meaning of that quote and then decide whether you should or should not follow it's advice.
I am not here to be "a troublemaker" or "to cause derision in the forums", I simply have a different point of view on a few issues which you can't seem to handle. I'll pray for you.

I'm sorry if you don't agree with the definition of omnipotent. And I'd like to remind that we are using the human definition of a word created by humans. So you can't call God Omnipotent and then disagree with the definition of the word.

LennyToo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2005, 01:51:30 AM »

God is omnipotent; therefore He alone held, and still holds the power to define exactly what is considered as sin. I would think that he defined sin as all of the things that He himself would never do.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2005, 11:13:42 AM »

God is sinless in all things. He killed many people of all ages in the Old Testament...remember the first born of the Egyptians and their animals? If God can kill people and be justified in doing it, then He essentially can not sin.

Remember when Jesus said "He who is without sin may cast the first stone?" No man could have cast a stone. It would have been a sin to do so, only the one sinless God could have cast a stone, and it would not have been a sin, it would have been judgement. God is justified in all things, and therefore incapable of sinning.

Our sins are measured by God's laws, therefore, God judges us. Who would judge God?
The fact that He is God, exempts Him from sin...He can not sin. Not because He is not powerful enough, but because He is the eternal guiltless God.

Bronzesnake
ivan

God`s servant.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2005, 11:43:45 AM »

GOD CANNOT LIE
Amen!!!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2005, 01:41:21 PM »

God is omnipotent; therefore He alone held, and still holds the power to define exactly what is considered as sin. I would think that he defined sin as all of the things that He himself would never do.
Just my 2 cents worth.

AMEN LENNYTOO!

That's an excellent two cents worth. Almighty God is perfect, HOLY, without spot, without blemish, and without sin. He is the HOLY of HOLIES and can't lie, break a promise, or sin. Man can't define the HOLY that pertains to Almighty God. Only God can do that. HE is the CREATOR and we are part of HIS CREATION. The only true definition of Almighty God is given in HIS WORD. Those who love HIM will simply give thanks that JESUS rescued us from the curse of sin and death. A comparison between Almighty God and us involves direct opposites in every regard. YET, JESUS died for us, the THE JUST FOR THE UNJUST!, THE HOLY FOR THE UNHOLY!, PERFECTION FOR IMPERFECTION!, LIGHT FOR DARKNESS!

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 18:46  The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted.

kittiara

Clinging to my faith.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2005, 06:38:37 PM »

I thought this an interesting topic, so I wanted to add my opinion.

Mind you, I am far from an expert on the bible or God.

But, my reasoning is that God told us what sin is. When we do things that God does not see as correct, and are against His will. Thus, all those things are likely to be the things He is against.

I think that, of course, He would be able to do all those things if He wishes to. As a previous post says, He has done things that He would not want us to do, in His judgement.

How could God sin against Himself? It would not make much sense to me. That would mean Him doing something against His better judgement. Breaking His own guidelines.

Then again, these being the guidelines he set out for us, like a father with his children.

I do not quite feel capable of speculating on it all. I am but a human, I can't quite comprehend the nature, or might of God. I hope I made some sort of sense!

Undecided
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the