Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:52:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  God Can't
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: God Can't  (Read 2815 times)
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2004, 04:43:18 AM »

God Can't

By Ed Jeude (St. Louis, MO)

There are many things the Bible says that God CANNOT do. Here are just a few:
God can’t LIE (Titus 1:2).

God can’t CHANGE (Malachi 3:6).

God can’t be DARKNESS (1 1:5).

God can’t DENY Himself (2 Tim 2:13).
Even as electric power distribution lines cannot be “shorted” without being ruined, God’s LOVE cannot be a basis for disregarding His JUSTICE which demands “... the soul that sins shall die” (Ezekiel 18:4). As descendants of Adam, “...ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).
When Eve and Adam sinned, God already knew how He would handle it, but none of the princes of this world system knew, “… for HAD they known it, they would NOT have crucified the Lord of glory” (1 Corinthians 2:Cool.

Let’s look at the plan that God already had in mind “before the foundation of the world” (1 Peter 1:20): “in the beginning already existed the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God … and the word was made flesh and dwelt among us” (John 1:1,14). The word, Jesus Christ, (already qualified as God) stepped through the barrier of sin and qualified as a man in order to become the “ONE mediator between God and man, the man Christ Jesus” (1 Timothy 2:5).

Jesus’ sinless life qualified Him to be “the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world” (John 1:29). The world (system) nailed Him to a cross because “light is come into the world, but men loved darkness rather than light because their deeds were evil” (John 3:19). While on the cross, “The Lord (God the Father) laid on HIM (Jesus) the INIQUITY of us all” (Isaiah 53:6).

God cannot LOOK ON INIQUITY (sin) (Habakkuk 1:13), so God turned His face away. The sin bearer DIED for us and the awful price was paid. If even ONE sin had been left unpaid, Jesus would still be dead. Think of it!

God cannot GO BACK on His word but God CAN “declare at this time His righteousness: that He might be just and the justifier of him who believes in Jesus” (Romans 3:26). What a wonderful solution to the problem—complete identification with Christ Jesus, all sins laid to His account and already marked PAID.

GOD CAN’T force this solution on you without violating your free will. “He that believes on Him is NOT CONDEMNED but he that believes not is CONDEMNED ALREADY” (John 3:18). Remember, GOD CANNOT LIE.

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 05:11:20 AM »

If even ONE sin had been left unpaid, Jesus would still be dead. Think of it!

<Smiley))><
Shemaya
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 06:16:08 PM »

I think it's an awesome thing that God can't lie.So I'm happy person right now Grin
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004, 04:59:48 PM »

I think it's an awesome thing that God can't lie.So I'm happy person right now Grin

Smiley same here Smiley

<Smiley))><
Seeds

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 07:57:05 PM »

so all in all god cannot sin
the bible says that the lord cannot be in the presense of sin
so...he cannot sin

He is returning. Are YOU ready for it. I AM

Believe!
CrystalClear

I can think for myself thankyou!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 09:15:39 PM »

I disagree, God is omnipotent. He CAN do any and all of those things. He chooses what to do and what not to do.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-William Shakespeare
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2005, 01:07:50 AM »

I disagree, God is omnipotent. He CAN do any and all of those things. He chooses what to do and what not to do.

WRONG! I choose to believe GOD and HIS WORD. HE is HOLY and you are not, so I will listen to HIM and HIS WORD.

One would have to dismiss the Holy Bible and call God a liar to make the statement you just made. Is that what you intended, or are you just trying to start another argument?

CrystalClear

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2005, 06:50:40 PM »

WRONG! I choose to believe GOD and HIS WORD. HE is HOLY and you are not, so I will listen to HIM and HIS WORD.

One would have to dismiss the Holy Bible and call God a liar to make the statement you just made. Is that what you intended, or are you just trying to start another argument?

I'm sorry, are you saying God is not omnipotent? Are you saying that there are things that God can not do?

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei

-William Shakespeare
Bronzesnake
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2005, 08:05:17 PM »

God is so all-powerful that He can not sin...

Put that one in your Gandalf pipe and smoke it Crystal my friend!

Bronzesnake
Seeds

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2005, 08:56:06 PM »

I'm sorry, are you saying God is not omnipotent? Are you saying that there are things that God can not do?

Thats exactly what i am saying,
since god cannot be in the presence of sin that means that he cannot sin!

He is returning. Are YOU ready for it. I AM

Believe!
CrystalClear

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2005, 03:54:59 PM »

If you are going to use the Bible as a point of reference then we must assume that God is not omnipotent.

om·nip·o·tent    adj.
Having unlimited or universal power, authority, or force; all-powerful. See Usage Note at infinite.

n.
One having unlimited power or authority: the bureaucratic omnipotents.
Omnipotent God. Used with the.

om·nipo·tence or om·nipo·ten·cy n.
om·nipo·tent·ly adv.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

omnipotent

adj : having unlimited power [syn: almighty, all-powerful]

I did read that other persons post where he give the definition of omnipotent but then follows it up with his OPINION on what omnipotent means to him which is a direct contradiction to the actual definition he provides. We call that statement "non-sequitur".

non se·qui·tur
n.
An inference or conclusion that does not follow from the premises or evidence.
A statement that does not follow logically from what preceded it.

And as a side note to BEP, is this the debate forum? I ask because you made a silly comment that went something like this "Is that what you intended, or are you just trying to start another argument?"
I would have thought that the word "debate" in the title of this forum was meant to promote arguments.   Tongue

-Galileo Galilei

-William Shakespeare
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2005, 09:31:29 PM »

CrystalClear,

Everything we actually know about Almighty God is in the Holy Bible and in the hearts of His children. Christians don't need one of men's dictionaries to know that Almighty God has all power, might, majesty, and GLORY.

Reference arguments, it appears that you would argue with a rock, and the topic wouldn't make any difference.   Cheesy

Maybe we could sell tickets to let folks watch you argue with a rock or yourself.   Grin  You can even pick the topic.

Tom

CrystalClear

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2005, 09:41:21 PM »

CrystalClear,

Everything we actually know about Almighty God is in the Holy Bible and in the hearts of His children. Christians don't need one of men's dictionaries to know that Almighty God has all power, might, majesty, and GLORY.

Reference arguments, it appears that you would argue with a rock, and the topic wouldn't make any difference.   Cheesy

Maybe we could sell tickets to let folks watch you argue with a rock or yourself.   Grin  You can even pick the topic.

Tom

LOL, so you DO have a sense of humor!  Cheesy

-Galileo Galilei

-William Shakespeare
musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2005, 12:26:46 AM »

How do you think God would sin IF he choose to sin?

God knows all things, knows the hearts and minds of man, created heaven and earth and everything inbetween, he is the first and the last....its impossible for God to sin. God doesn't need a choice, choice comes when you don't know the out come or the answer to something, God knows everything he is perfect,...., BUT man, he has the chioce.

Doesn't the scriptures say some thing about the created not questioning the creater (Job)? (my para phrase if you need I'll find the scripture). SO  you believe God can sin, if he choose too?, HOW, killing first born, wiping out whole nations, opening up the earth and swallowing whole families.....lol. God needs to be at the top of the CIA's most wanted list for being a doulbe agent.  Tongue

IF God can sin, that would mean that Jesus died for God too  Huh

musicllover

musicllover
Bronzesnake
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2005, 10:12:13 AM »

Saying God isn't powerful enough to sin is like saying light isn't powerful enough to be dark. It's man's logic that confuses "nature" with "power"

Pick a fight with crazy Mike Tyson and tell him he's not strong enough to lose.

Bronzesnake
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the