Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:18:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  HE PAID IT ALL
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HE PAID IT ALL  (Read 2879 times)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« on: June 28, 2003, 07:19:01 PM »

HE PAID IT ALL

After living a "decent" life my time on earth came to an end.
The first thing I remember is sitting on a bench in the waiting room of what I thought to be a court house.
The doors opened and I was instructed to come in and have a seat by the defense table.

As I looked around I saw the "prosecutor," he was a villainous
looking gent who snarled as he stared at me, he definitely was the most evil personI have ever seen.

I sat down and looked to my left and there sat my lawyer, a kind and gentle looking man whose appearance seemed very familiar to me.

The corner door flew open and there appearedthe judge in full flowing robes.
He commanded an awesome presence as He moved across the room and I couldn't take my eyes off of Him.

As He took His seat behind the bench He said "Let us Begin."

The prosecutor rose and said "My name is Satan and I am here toshow you why this Person belongs in Hell."
He proceeded to tell of lies thatI told, things that I stole
and in the past when I cheated others.

Satan told of other horrible perversions that were once in my life and the more he spoke the further down in my seat I sank.
I was so embarrassed that I couldn't look at anyone, even my own lawyer, as the Devil told of sins that even I had completely forgotten about.

As upset as I was at Satan for telling all these things about me, I was equally upset at my representativewho sat there silently not offering any form of defense at all. I know I had been guilty of those things, but I had done some good in my life -- couldn't that at least equal out part of the harm I've done.

Satan finished with a fury and said "This Person belongs in Hell, He is guilty of all that I have chargedand there is not a person who can prove otherwise.

Justice will finally be served this day."

When it was His turn, my lawyerfirst asked if might approach the bench. The Judge allowed this over the strong objection of Satan, and beckoned Him to come forward.

As He got up and started walking I was able to see Him now in His full splendor and majesty.
Now I realized why He seemed so familiar, This was Jesus
representing me, my Lord and my Savior.

He stoppedat the bench and softly said to the Judge "Hi Dad" and then He turned to address the court.
"Satan was correct in saying that this Person had sinned,
I won't deny any of these allegations.
And yes the wages of sins is death and this Person deserves to be punished"

Jesus took a deep breath and turned to his Father without stretched arms and proclaimed "However, I died on the Cross
so that this person might have Eternal Life and She has
accepted me as Her Savior, so this Person is mine."
My Lord continued with "This Persons name is written in the book of life and no one can snatch it from ME.

Satan still does not understand yet, this Person is not to be given justice but rather Mercy."
As Jesus sat down, He quietly paused, looked at His Father and replied "There is nothing else that needs to be done,
I've done it all"

The Judge lifted His mighty hand and slammed the gavel down and the following words bellowed from His lips --

"This Person is free -- the penalty
for His sin has already been paid in full,Case Dismissed."

Author Unknown

Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2003, 06:06:47 AM »

HE PAID IT ALL

The first thing I remember is sitting on a bench in the waiting room of what I thought to be a court house.
The doors opened and I was instructed to come in and have a seat by the defense table.

looking gent who snarled as he stared at me, he definitely was the most evil personI have ever seen.

I sat down and looked to my left and there sat my lawyer, a kind and gentle looking man whose appearance seemed very familiar to me.

He commanded an awesome presence as He moved across the room and I couldn't take my eyes off of Him.

The prosecutor rose and said "My name is Satan and I am here toshow you why this Person belongs in Hell."

Satan told of other horrible perversions that were once in my life and the more he spoke the further down in my seat I sank.
I was so embarrassed that I couldn't look at anyone, even my own lawyer, as the Devil told of sins that even I had completely forgotten about.

As upset as I was at Satan for telling all these things about me, I was equally upset at my representativewho sat there silently not offering any form of defense at all. I know I had been guilty of those things, but I had done some good in my life -- couldn't that at least equal out part of the harm I've done.

Satan finished with a fury and said "This Person belongs in Hell, He is guilty of all that I have chargedand there is not a person who can prove otherwise.

When it was His turn, my lawyerfirst asked if might approach the bench. The Judge allowed this over the strong objection of Satan, and beckoned Him to come forward.

As He got up and started walking I was able to see Him now in His full splendor and majesty.

He stoppedat the bench and softly said to the Judge "Hi Dad" and then He turned to address the court.

Jesus took a deep breath and turned to his Father without stretched arms and proclaimed "However, I died on the Cross
My Lord continued with "This Persons name is written in the book of life and no one can snatch it from ME.

Satan still does not understand yet, this Person is not to be given justice but rather Mercy."
As Jesus sat down, He quietly paused, looked at His Father and replied "There is nothing else that needs to be done,
I've done it all"

The Judge lifted His mighty hand and slammed the gavel down and the following words bellowed from His lips --

Author Unknown

Grin

Thank You Brother, Amen

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2003, 03:04:47 PM »

Galatians 6:14

What are you glorying in at the present time?  Is it some great accomplishment of yours?  Some great honor bestowed upon you?  Our verse begins, "God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ."  The question has been asked, "Why would anyone want to glory in the cross?"  We find the answer of course in our context.

Before we look at Paul's answer to this question we need to see that he was warning the Galatians against "wrong glorying."  In verse 13 we read, "but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh." Even though circumcision is not prac-ticed today in the same manner, we could well add, baptism, confirmation, church membership and a host of others in which men are glorying in the flesh.  Instead of these things causing one to look to God they only exalt men.  Paul declares that "they glory in your flesh" but I glory in the cross for it is there that God enables men to live for the Lord.

There are two accomplishments of the cross the apostle calls our attention to.  First of all, "By whom the world is crucified unto me."

Please note here the focus is not upon the cross itself but the One who died there.  It is through our identification with Christ on the cross that this is so.  The same is true of the second truth as well, "And I unto the world."  This is not true through the flesh or as he states through circumcision, "For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature (creation)."  We are sanctified, set apart unto God and from the world, through our identi- fication with Christ's death.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2003, 03:20:15 PM »

To know God through Christ and His redeeming work is
to be rich indeed.

The Scriptures have much to say about the infinite riches
of God. They tell us of "the riches of His glory" (Rom. 9:23;
Eph. 3:16), "the riches.. .of [His] wisdom and knowledge"
(Rom. 11:33), "the riches of His goodness and forbearance
and longsuffering" (Rom. 2:4) and "the riches of His grace"
(Eph. 1:7; 2:7). God would have us enjoy these riches
through faith in Christ, who died for our sins.

"For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He become poor, that ye through His poverty might be rich" (II Cor. 8:9).

We should rejoice continually that God, in addition to
being rich in wisdom and knowledge, in glory and power, is
also "rich in mercy" (Eph. 2:4) and that "the same Lord over
all is rich unto all that call upon Him, for whosoever shall
call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Rom. 10:
12,13).

To St. Paul, the chief of sinners, saved by grace. God
revealed the greatest riches of all. Paul said:

"Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints is this grace given, that I should preach among the [nations] the unsearchable riches or Christ" (Eph. 3:Cool.

These riches include, among other things, "all [the] riches
of the full assurance of understanding" (Col. 2:2). How won-
derful to have an intelligent understanding of God's plan of
salvation and of all He has purposed in His heart of love for
those who accept the salvation He has provided through His
beloved Son!

True wealth is not comprised of material things. The
Scripture calls these "uncertain riches" and warns us not to
trust in them (I Tim. 6:17). True riches is "to know the love
of Christ, which passeth knowledge" and so to be "filled with
all the fulness of God" (Eph. 3:19).

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

John the Baptist
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2003, 04:32:00 PM »

No Forum friends,
Christ died to SAVE sinners, not the un/retrievable Lost! There is a differance! Sinn IS the trangression of the law, yet it is when sin is FINISHED that it brings forth death! See James 1:15.And try 1 John 5:16-17.

And the sin against the Holy Ghost is not like most think either! Christ in Luke 12:47-48 tells who are the worst offenders! Sounds like U.S.A. past/tense Protestants still clinging to past [open probation past] heresy? See Hosea 4:6.

These that REMAIN SO, MATURE, Christ did not die for, for they REFUSE His Lordship!! See Gen. 4:7.
---John
HE PAID IT ALL

I've done it all"

Author Unknown

Grin
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2003, 03:52:49 AM »

Galatians 6:14

What are you glorying in at the present time?  Is it some great accomplishment of yours?  Some great honor bestowed upon you?  Our verse begins, "God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ."  The question has been asked, "Why would anyone want to glory in the cross?"  We find the answer of course in our context.

Before we look at Paul's answer to this question we need to see that he was warning the Galatians against "wrong glorying."  In verse 13 we read, "but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh." Even though circumcision is not prac-ticed today in the same manner, we could well add, baptism, confirmation, church membership and a host of others in which men are glorying in the flesh.  Instead of these things causing one to look to God they only exalt men.  Paul declares that "they glory in your flesh" but I glory in the cross for it is there that God enables men to live for the Lord.

There are two accomplishments of the cross the apostle calls our attention to.  First of all, "By whom the world is crucified unto me."

Please note here the focus is not upon the cross itself but the One who died there.  It is through our identification with Christ on the cross that this is so.  The same is true of the second truth as well, "And I unto the world."  This is not true through the flesh or as he states through circumcision, "For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature (creation)."  We are sanctified, set apart unto God and from the world, through our identi- fication with Christ's death.

Amen Thanks Brother

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2003, 03:55:09 AM »

To know God through Christ and His redeeming work is
to be rich indeed.

The Scriptures have much to say about the infinite riches
of God. They tell us of "the riches of His glory" (Rom. 9:23;
Eph. 3:16), "the riches.. .of [His] wisdom and knowledge"
(Rom. 11:33), "the riches of His goodness and forbearance
and longsuffering" (Rom. 2:4) and "the riches of His grace"
(Eph. 1:7; 2:7). God would have us enjoy these riches
through faith in Christ, who died for our sins.

"For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He become poor, that ye through His poverty might be rich" (II Cor. 8:9).

We should rejoice continually that God, in addition to
being rich in wisdom and knowledge, in glory and power, is
also "rich in mercy" (Eph. 2:4) and that "the same Lord over
all is rich unto all that call upon Him, for whosoever shall
call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Rom. 10:
12,13).

To St. Paul, the chief of sinners, saved by grace. God
revealed the greatest riches of all. Paul said:

"Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints is this grace given, that I should preach among the [nations] the unsearchable riches or Christ" (Eph. 3:Cool.

These riches include, among other things, "all [the] riches
of the full assurance of understanding" (Col. 2:2). How won-
derful to have an intelligent understanding of God's plan of
salvation and of all He has purposed in His heart of love for
those who accept the salvation He has provided through His
beloved Son!

True wealth is not comprised of material things. The
Scripture calls these "uncertain riches" and warns us not to
trust in them (I Tim. 6:17). True riches is "to know the love
of Christ, which passeth knowledge" and so to be "filled with
all the fulness of God" (Eph. 3:19).

One more Thank You,

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2003, 03:57:45 PM »

Brother Love Smiley

You made my day Brother Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2003, 04:41:24 AM »

Brother Love Smiley

You made my day Brother Grin

Same here Brother

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the