Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:42:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286802 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Open Theism, Does God know or not?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Open Theism, Does God know or not?  (Read 14584 times)
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2003, 09:31:15 PM »

Petro-

Nope, I'm not the one who talked about misintepretations of Romans, though I certainly agree with that statement.  I think it was offered by SOA.  

And just as I thought - you can't reconcile the verses. Your proof-texts fall apart when taken in light of the totality of scripture.  I can reconcile them perfectly well.  My challenge was to see if you could, and you clearly cannot.  

"The POV's shared here from those who claim to possess faith, is self evident, that their faith is not on what God, has done and continues to do, but in what they (those who claim it)themselves do."

All we claim to do is respond to God's offer of Grace.  I'm sorry that bothers you so much, but it isn't a "work", it isn't earning our salvation or saving ourselves.  It is the acceptance of the free gift of grace, the grace which brings salvation.  You know, you never did answer my question:  how would you react to your 2-week old son if he pooped on the rug, even after you told him not to and made it perfectly clear you abhorred it, hated it and could not even stand to look upon it?  

"But unto us who believe, the Holy Spirit is given, that we might know the things that are freely given to us by Him."

Yeah, those of us who believe know grace is free and salvation unmerited.  A gift of pure mercy and benevolence, unearned and unforced.  

"Proof of this is in the doctrines you espouse to, which deny the gift of eternal security,  you simply deny it, making God out to be a liar."

Really?  Why are we told then, that those who endure to the end will be saved?  Why does Paul himself state it may be possible for even him to lose his final reward?  Why does Hebrews 6 talk of those who fall away, never to be brought back to repentance?  Likely more references you cannot reconcile.  

"That you are a sinner is true, and so am I, but thank God, he has forgiven me.. He can do the same for you.."

He already has.

You know, I'm sometimes gifted with prophecy.  I prophesy that you will not respond to a single argument or question, will not even attempt to reconcile the scripture references, and will respond in a post laced with invective and insults.  Smiley

pnotc,

You stated, you do not believe in "eternal security" a mere page back, (maybe not even that), are you saying you have found faith in it, today..??

If you have I congratulate you..there still is hope for you..

Petro

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2003, 10:01:42 PM »

pnotc,

you said;

Yeah, those of us who believe know grace is free and salvation unmerited.  A gift of pure mercy and benevolence, unearned and unforced

According to SoA, grace is not part of the gift, it is the vehicle God uses to impart salvation which is the gift, of Eph 2:8-9.    Which is it??

and then again;

All we claim to do is respond to God's offer of Grace.  I'm sorry that bothers you so much, but it isn't a "work", it isn't earning our salvation or saving ourselves.  It is the acceptance of the free gift of grace, the grace which brings salvation.  You know, you never did answer my question:  how would you react to your 2-week old son if he pooped on the rug, even after you told him not to and made it perfectly clear you abhorred it, hated it and could not even stand to look upon it?  

Are you likening yourself to a two year old child still, pooping whereever it please you??  

You said, You were 33 years old bible school graduate, as I recall, by know you ought to be a teacher  (remember you taught bible to high school and college aged young people)
and yet from what you would teach herein, it appears you need to be taught the first principles of of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk.

This is evidenced by your wanderings, from the Wesleyan (non-denominational camp) to nearly the opposite end of the spectrum of mans version of christondom, Orhtodoxy, because of every wind of doctrine, that catches yopur fancy.

You have to admit you have gone a long way, from praying directly to God, through Jesus, to praying to God, through dead saints, which can't hear...............you, anyhow.

Petro

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the