Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:26:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  For Men Only (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  GOD told me !
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GOD told me !  (Read 2813 times)
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2004, 06:36:38 PM »

HE told me a woman has no choice in a marriage .SHE MUST FOLLOW HER HUSBAND .IT is in her heart to follow your head ,which is the man .She may not at 1st ? BUt she will !You lead right ?She will follow .You lead wrong ?You will have problems !

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
Marv

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 12:20:30 PM »

Why would God tell you what the woman should do?  I would expect him to tell the women what they should do, and the men what they should do.  So you should be hearing God tell you to love your wife as Jesus loves the church.  If you are hearing that the wife should obey the husband, and not hearing that the husband should love the wife as Jesus loved the church, maybe you are hearing Satan twist the scripture to mess up your life.

Marv

gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 12:28:24 PM »

I already know we are to love our wifes like JESUS LOVES THE CHURCH.The burdern is on the man ,The woman is losing nothing .GOD works though the man .and holds him reponsable for his home .You think what you want tooas we all do ?I have choosen to listen too MY LORD .WE TELL OURSELVES ,who we will believe .

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
Bern

I don't think I'm a llama...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 03:23:15 PM »

While it is true that the man is the head. Is not God's will more important than the husbands desires? A woman (like any other believer) must place God's commandments over the will of any other person, including her husbands.

1 Corinthians 7:3  Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.
1 Corinthians 7:4  The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.

Clearly, despite the mans leadership, it is not a one way thing. This also depends on the man loving his wife as Christ loves the church. If the man fails to live to his job, then as you said, there will be trouble.

while I realise this is slightly out of context here.. I think this verse is applicable:

Galatians 1:10  For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

If a womans husband is leading her into sin, she must confront him, and should not simply obey. That would be foolish.

Romans 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2004, 05:08:58 PM »

The bed of the married is undefiled .Who is judging what is sin ?Sin is rebellion to GOD .I do not believe there is sin in the bed of the married ?But all things are done in LOVE .If not in love and truth ?It is evil .DO all things as unto JESUS CHRIST .But if you count something sin ?It is sin to you .I know people fear living by FAITH .
Because people want to trust in what they see ?
can not see FAITh .The just MUST LIVE BY FAITH .This is a hard thing for a people who are taught from a baby ?To live by what we see .and easy to trick people ,who are bought up this way ?Faith is the unseen ?

Bern

I don't think I'm a llama...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2004, 09:31:39 AM »

I'm not really sure what you're getting at here.. what exactly do you mean by "she has no choice in the matter"? I didn't really understand your last post.

Romans 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2004, 09:54:01 AM »

Well as you know,Christ is the head of the body ,We are the body .We have no choice ,but to follow the head !
In a marriage ?We are the head ,The wife has no choice but to follow the head .She ,deep in her heart .Wants to follow the man and SHE will .She can not help her self .We being the body of CHRIST .Deep in our heart ,desire to follow the LORD ,we must ,it is in our heart as it is in HER heart .Did I explain this clearly ?
WE are one in a marriage .I know looking at this in a fleshly eyes ?We see 2 .But this is just an example of ,how we see wrong ?
because this is wrong judgement .as is everything ,we look at though our flesh eyes .in the church ?We are also one .

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the