Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:45:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Prophecy and End Time Series. - Israel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prophecy and End Time Series. - Israel  (Read 58859 times)
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2004, 03:12:24 PM »

I'm seeing a lot of this breaking on the news wires everywhere.   Very interesting!

Palestinians, Israel Back Peace Plan

25 minutes ago   World - Reuters

By Edmund Blair

CAIRO (Reuters) - Palestinians and Israelis have agreed in principle to proposals aiming to end their conflict, Egypt's official news agency MENA reported Tuesday.

Quoting unidentified high-level sources, it said the steps, including an Israeli-Palestinian cease-fire, had the support of both the United States and the European Union (news - web sites).

A senior Israeli official said it had no objection to a cease-fire if Palestinians stopped attacks.

Palestinian officials said there was still no agreement between the Palestinian Authority (news - web sites) and the Islamic militant group Hamas on a cease-fire, but officials said both sides have been holding talks in Gaza and were close to an understanding.

Egypt has long sought to mediate between the two sides during the four-year-old Palestinian uprising. Since the death of Palestinian President Yasser Arafat (news - web sites), analysts say Egypt has sought to revive peace talks to test Israeli and U.S. commitments to the U.S.-backed "road map" peace plan.

entire article : yahoo news
« Last Edit: December 07, 2004, 03:13:02 PM by 2nd Timothy » Logged

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2004, 03:17:14 PM »

Heres another from Israel...

Last Update: 07/12/2004 21:30

Israel, PA said to have agreed on basis of peace deal  

By Haaretz Service and agencies

Palestinians and Israelis have agreed in principle to proposals which could serve as the basis of a comprehensive settlement to the Israeli-Palestinian conmflict, Egypt's official news agency MENA said on Tuesday.

Quoting unidentified high-level sources, it said the steps, including an Israeli-Palestinian ceasefire, had the support of both the United States and the European Union.

Israel termed the report "a little premature," but said it would respond positively if militants ceased attacks.

"There are a few correct elements but it's a little premature to say there's an agreement," a senior official in Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's office said. "We will respond positively if on the other side there will be arrangements for a ceasefire, a cessation of hostilities."

entire story : http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/511355.html

Hmmm Huh  Still seems wrought with problems, but Interesting non the less.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2004, 03:18:54 PM by 2nd Timothy » Logged

Tim

Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2004, 05:21:34 PM »

And the players are all coming into place.....

who's pulling the strings?

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2004, 09:30:29 PM »

The more I think about these proclamations of peace between Israel and Egypt, the more I think its all smoke and mirrors.  Right now Egypt is the only claiming a break through, meanwhile Israel says its waiting for a crack down on the terror groups.   My feeling is (right now anyways) that this is not a real meaningful peace deal.   Seems more like Egypt just wants to brag a little.

I think the AC himself will claim a big victory (much the way Egypt is doing now) when the false peace really arrives, and it will be viewed world-wide as significant.   Still interesting to watch the world thirst for peace in this region, but I am skeptical this one thing will lead to anything significant.  I still believe the REAL deal will come from the EU lead by a powerful leader after all the efforts being tried now fail.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2004, 12:56:25 AM »

The more I think about these proclamations of peace between Israel and Egypt, the more I think its all smoke and mirrors.  Right now Egypt is the only claiming a break through, meanwhile Israel says its waiting for a crack down on the terror groups.   My feeling is (right now anyways) that this is not a real meaningful peace deal.   Seems more like Egypt just wants to brag a little.

Grace and Peace!
Dec. 8, 2004 1:25
Israel downplays Egyptian talk of new peace deal
By TOVAH LAZAROFF

Israeli officials played down reports from Egypt Tuesday night of a dramatic Middle East peace breakthrough, but confirmed that progress was being made in behind-the-scenes negotiations.

Egypt's official Middle East News Agency claimed late Tuesday that Cairo has reached a framework understanding with Israel, the Palestinians, the United States and Europe on principles to settle the entire Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

A source in the Prime Minister's Office said he could not confirm reports in the Egyptian media. There are, however, he said, "elements that are true."

As long as it is quiet, "Israel will not initiate any military action," he said. "We will respond positively if on the other side there are arrangements for a cease-fire, a cessation of hostilities."

But he was quick to add that no initiative is going to substitute for the road map to peace or for the Palestinian obligation to stop terrorism and to make reforms.

Palestinian officials responded, too, that talk of so widespread a deal was premature.

PA Negotiations Minister Saeb Erekat said that, "The Palestinians have always devoted every effort to ending the cycle of violence between the two peoples."

Quoting unnamed high-level sources, MENA said the understanding could stand as a "principle agreement" that includes a general framework of steps toward a settlement.

It said the points include an agreement on a cease-fire, in which the "new Palestinian Authority" would end the operations against Israel and prove its control over the situation in Gaza and the West Bank."

Egypt also said that it could soon return its ambassador to Israel, according to MENA.

With a presidential election to replace Yasser Arafat scheduled for January 9, new Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas has been trying to persuade terrorist groups to cease attacks against Israel. Egypt has also been involved in the truce efforts.

"It should be understood that whatever arrangement is reached, this is not a substitute for fulfilling the obligations the Palestinians have taken upon themselves under the road map," the Israeli official said.

Last week, Prime Minister Ariel Sharon assured Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Aboul Gheit and chief of intelligence Omar Suleiman that Israel would "adopt certain measures to maintain self-confidence building to open the road before a settlement."

MENA said Sharon also assured the Egyptian delegation that Israel "does not want to leave the deteriorated situation to lead to a Palestinian civil war" and that he promised to release some frozen Palestinian money and relieve measures concerning the movement of the Palestinians.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1102432932796

Looks like you may be right, 2T.

Resting in the Lord's arms.
Bob

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2004, 11:08:47 AM »

I certainly don't wish to downplay whats happening.  Anytime I see a news story about peace in Israel, my ears perk up.   There is a verse in Daniel that makes me currious about whats happening though.

Dan 11:39  Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.

My thought process about all this is, if others work out a two state deal between Israel and the Palestinians....what do we make of this verse?   Sounds to me like the AC will be the one who makes the deal and profit from it.    No question everyone is lusting for a peace agreement over there....but this one verse makes me think all of them will fail until the AC steps in and claims miraculous break through deal.  I mean, if others can work out peace, wouldn't that undercut a need for a super leader to help out?   Maybe, maybe not, but thats how it looks to me.   I guess we will just have to watch and see what happens.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2004, 12:09:56 PM »

I certainly don't wish to downplay whats happening.  Anytime I see a news story about peace in Israel, my ears perk up.   There is a verse in Daniel that makes me currious about whats happening though.

Dan 11:39  Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.

My thought process about all this is, if others work out a two state deal between Israel and the Palestinians....what do we make of this verse?   Sounds to me like the AC will be the one who makes the deal and profit from it.    No question everyone is lusting for a peace agreement over there....but this one verse makes me think all of them will fail until the AC steps in and claims miraculous break through deal.  I mean, if others can work out peace, wouldn't that undercut a need for a super leader to help out?   Maybe, maybe not, but thats how it looks to me.   I guess we will just have to watch and see what happens.

Grace and Peace!

That's the way it appears to me also. The AC will be the one doing the final deal, which gives him so much power in Israel as well as the world.

Consider this also (esp. the bolded part).
Dan 11:24
He shall enter peaceably even upon the fattest places of the province; and he shall do [that] which his fathers have not done, nor his fathers' fathers; he shall scatter among them the prey, and spoil, and riches: [yea], and he shall forecast his devices against the strong holds, even for a time.

The "fattest places" are, historically, considered to be the prime areas that were exclusive to nothing but the leaders. This would indicate that the Jews have accepted the AC as one of their leaders.  

The second part "which his fathers..." indicates to me that this person MAY be of Hebrew ancestry, which would also work in with being able to go into the "fat" places.

I'm willing to bet (not much, though....) that the Jews, as a result of the peace deal and saving their necks, along with being able to then rebuild the temple, etc., will declare the AC as "King Messiah", since he will be able to "fulfill" all the benchmarks that their eschatological system requires.

Could we be looking for a long lost branch of David (via Jeconiah)?

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2004, 12:12:53 PM »

Israel to discuss growing role in NATO, EU
Conference to explore Jewish state's partnership with world bodies
Posted: December 7, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Aaron Klein
© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

NATO's recent invitation to the Israel Defense Forces to take part for the first time in multinational military exercises and participate in anti-terror activities has prompted Israel's most prestigious foreign affairs conference to explore ways the Jewish state can become an enhanced NATO member and forge stronger ties to Europe.

The four day Herzliya Conference, which begins Dec. 13 and is known to set the tone for future regional policies, will present ways Israel will participate in a new NATO alliance, including formalizing its membership status, Uzi Arad, former director of Mossad's intelligence division and chairman of the conference, told WorldNetDaily.

"Israel will be offering its model for an enhanced strategic relationship with NATO. The conference will include a group to discuss enhancement, including elevating Israel's status from a dialogue member to a custom made format tailored to Israel's standards and positions," said Arad.

Arad said Israel's formidable military force and its "good standing in our Western alliance should allow Israel greater participation in NATO. There are major commonalties of interest – defeating radical Islam and terrorism, democratization for the Middle East, and blunting nuclear proliferation, to name a few."

Israel last month joined a NATO military summit in Brussels with the participation of the chiefs of staff of 26 NATO members and countries that have ties with the organization. Israel was also invited to take part in certain NATO military exercises and participate in anti-terror activities such as patrols in the eastern Mediterranean Sea.

NATO plans to upgrade what it calls the "Mediterranean dialogue" it is conducting with Israel and six Muslim nations: Egypt, Jordan, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco and Mauretania. This includes policy discussions conducted by leaders of a higher rank, and joint military operations through coordinated military exercises on the war on terrorism and weapons of mass destruction, and joint planning for civilian disaster readiness.

There have also been talks NATO may send forces to the Gaza Strip after Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's Gaza withdrawal plan is implemented next year if Israel and the Palestinian Authority ask for NATO's help.

Some in Israel have said a NATO presence in Gaza could hurt Israel by internationalizing the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and hampering Israel's ability to conduct anti-terror operations in Gaza if they become necessary.

Arad said "NATO in Gaza could be a fault, but in the long term, when there is a need for force, NATO is preferable over the U.N. because NATO has the U.S. in it."

The conference is also set to discuss Israel's growing relationship with the European Union. Arad said although certain members of the EU, including France and Germany, have taken a consistently pro-Palestinian line, Israel still stands to gain much with an increased EU alliance.

"Yes, it is true there are many manifestations of anti-Semitism in Europe, and we have disagreements, but so do European countries disagree amongst themselves," said Arad. "Ultimately, Israel and the EU share basic cultural and value systems. We have the same enemies, same concerns."

"Many people don't realize Israel has quite an advanced working relationship with the EU, particularly in trade. Volumes of Israeli trade with Europe are greater than the entire Arab trade with Europe. And Europe is the beneficiary -- it exports much more to Israel than it receives."

The conference, in its fifth year, has been the site of several major policy speeches by Israeli leaders. Sharon last year announced at the conference his disengagement plan, and in 2002 detailed the U.S.-backed roadmap to peace. Arad said to expect similarly important diplomatic announcements this year, as well.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41807

Tim to this I will add,
Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

By the signing of a covenant of peace between Israel and her enemies, orchestrated by antichrist.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2004, 12:27:00 PM »

Evangelist,

Brother Hank, that was an awesome graphic. The devil does appear to be pulling strings all over the world now.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 119:105  Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2004, 12:51:19 PM »

Grace and Peace!

That's the way it appears to me also. The AC will be the one doing the final deal, which gives him so much power in Israel as well as the world.

Consider this also (esp. the bolded part).
Dan 11:24
He shall enter peaceably even upon the fattest places of the province; and he shall do [that] which his fathers have not done, nor his fathers' fathers; he shall scatter among them the prey, and spoil, and riches: [yea], and he shall forecast his devices against the strong holds, even for a time.

The "fattest places" are, historically, considered to be the prime areas that were exclusive to nothing but the leaders. This would indicate that the Jews have accepted the AC as one of their leaders.  

The second part "which his fathers..." indicates to me that this person MAY be of Hebrew ancestry, which would also work in with being able to go into the "fat" places.

I'm willing to bet (not much, though....) that the Jews, as a result of the peace deal and saving their necks, along with being able to then rebuild the temple, etc., will declare the AC as "King Messiah", since he will be able to "fulfill" all the benchmarks that their eschatological system requires.

Could we be looking for a long lost branch of David (via Jeconiah)?

Yes this does seem to fit right in there too.   Will be interesting to watch as the world wrestles with the burdensome stone.   Its certainly a complicated matter from a worldly viewpoint.

Tim to this I will add,
Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

By the signing of a covenant of peace between Israel and her enemies, orchestrated by antichrist.

I agree DW!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2004, 02:23:45 AM »

Talk about conflicting reports, here is another.

Ambassador Wary of Peace Conference Idea
Dec 8, 4:57 PM (ET)
By SAM DOLNICK

NEW YORK (AP) - Israel's ambassador to the United States said Wednesday that an international peace conference reportedly suggested by Egypt could be "counterproductive," and should not be discussed until after the Palestinian election.

"Before we go into such an endeavor with a lot of fanfare, we have to make sure what the objectives are and what are the developments on the ground," Daniel Ayalon said during a round-table discussion.

"It could be counterproductive to hold it prematurely before we know who we negotiate with, and what are the policies of the newly elected leadership of the Palestinians."

Egypt's state-run news agency, MENA, reported Tuesday that Cairo planned to call for a July peace conference in Washington to include Israel, the Palestinians, the United States and the European Union.

Ayalon said Israel has not been approached to participate.

With the first Palestinian elections since the death of Yasser Arafat planned for next month, Ayalon said Palestinians face a stark choice.

"There are basically two ways that are being presented to the Palestinian people," he said, declining to discuss individual candidates. "One is the way of Hamas or Islamic Jihad which calls for the continued armed struggle, the continuation of the terror, and delegitimizing Israel.

"The other way, which is being presented for the first time in history, is 'Let's take control of our own destiny ... Let's do away with terror.'"

Polls show interim Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas in a tight race with Marwan Barghouti, who is serving five life terms in an Israeli prison for involvement in fatal Palestinian attacks.

Ayalon said Israel would not interfere in the election, but hopes a candidate promoting peace wins.

"We would like to see, of course, a new attitude, new policies and new practices, but it's not up to me, it's up to them to decide and we will know fairly soon which way they're going," he said.

His remarks came at a discussion sponsored by The Israel Project, a nonprofit group that works to improve Israel's image around the world. Ayalon was named ambassador in 2002 and has served in the last three Israeli administrations.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20041208/D86RNHPG0.html

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2004, 02:30:06 AM »

Israel to discuss growing role in NATO, EU
Conference to explore Jewish state's partnership with world bodies
December 7, 2004
By Aaron Klein
© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

NATO's recent invitation to the Israel Defense Forces to take part for the first time in multinational military exercises and participate in anti-terror activities has prompted Israel's most prestigious foreign affairs conference to explore ways the Jewish state can become an enhanced NATO member and forge stronger ties to Europe.

The four day Herzliya Conference, which begins Dec. 13 and is known to set the tone for future regional policies, will present ways Israel will participate in a new NATO alliance, including formalizing its membership status, Uzi Arad, former director of Mossad's intelligence division and chairman of the conference, told WorldNetDaily.

"Israel will be offering its model for an enhanced strategic relationship with NATO. The conference will include a group to discuss enhancement, including elevating Israel's status from a dialogue member to a custom made format tailored to Israel's standards and positions," said Arad.

Arad said Israel's formidable military force and its "good standing in our Western alliance should allow Israel greater participation in NATO. There are major commonalties of interest – defeating radical Islam and terrorism, democratization for the Middle East, and blunting nuclear proliferation, to name a few."

Israel last month joined a NATO military summit in Brussels with the participation of the chiefs of staff of 26 NATO members and countries that have ties with the organization. Israel was also invited to take part in certain NATO military exercises and participate in anti-terror activities such as patrols in the eastern Mediterranean Sea.

NATO plans to upgrade what it calls the "Mediterranean dialogue" it is conducting with Israel and six Muslim nations: Egypt, Jordan, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco and Mauretania. This includes policy discussions conducted by leaders of a higher rank, and joint military operations through coordinated military exercises on the war on terrorism and weapons of mass destruction, and joint planning for civilian disaster readiness.

There have also been talks NATO may send forces to the Gaza Strip after Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's Gaza withdrawal plan is implemented next year if Israel and the Palestinian Authority ask for NATO's help.

Some in Israel have said a NATO presence in Gaza could hurt Israel by internationalizing the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and hampering Israel's ability to conduct anti-terror operations in Gaza if they become necessary.

Arad said "NATO in Gaza could be a fault, but in the long term, when there is a need for force, NATO is preferable over the U.N. because NATO has the U.S. in it."

The conference is also set to discuss Israel's growing relationship with the European Union. Arad said although certain members of the EU, including France and Germany, have taken a consistently pro-Palestinian line, Israel still stands to gain much with an increased EU alliance.

"Yes, it is true there are many manifestations of anti-Semitism in Europe, and we have disagreements, but so do European countries disagree amongst themselves," said Arad. "Ultimately, Israel and the EU share basic cultural and value systems. We have the same enemies, same concerns."

"Many people don't realize Israel has quite an advanced working relationship with the EU, particularly in trade. Volumes of Israeli trade with Europe are greater than the entire Arab trade with Europe. And Europe is the beneficiary -- it exports much more to Israel than it receives."

The conference, in its fifth year, has been the site of several major policy speeches by Israeli leaders. Sharon last year announced at the conference his disengagement plan, and in 2002 detailed the U.S.-backed roadmap to peace. Arad said to expect similarly important diplomatic announcements this year, as well.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41807

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2004, 05:17:51 AM »

Members of Reestablished Sanhedrin Ascend Temple Mount
23:26 Dec 08, '04 / 25 Kislev 5765

In a dramatic but unpublicized move Monday, members of the newly established Sanhedrin ascended the Temple Mount, Judaism’s holiest site.  

Close to fifty recently ordained “samuchim,” members of the Sanhedrin, lined up at the foot of the Temple Mount Monday morning. The men, many ascending the Temple Mount for the first time, had immersed in mikvaot (ritual baths) that morning and planned to ascend as a group. Despite prior approval from the Israeli police who oversee entry to the Mount, the officers barred the group from entering the Mount together, saying they could only ascend in groups of ten.

SNIP....

“We Jews went into exiles all over the world,” HaLevi told INR’s Weekend Edition. “Every community established its own court. We are talking about more than 50 different legal systems developing apart from one another. Part of our return to Israel is the reunification of our Jewish practices.”

There is a tradition (Tractate Megillah 17b, Rashi) that the Sanhedrin will be restored after a partial ingathering of the Jewish exiles, but before Jerusalem is completely rebuilt and restored. There is also a Talmudic tradition (Eruvin 43b; Maharatz Chajas ad loc; Rashash , Sanhedrin 13b) that Elijah the Prophet will present himself before a duly-ordained Sanhedrin when he announces the coming of the Messiah, meaning that – despite common misconceptions - a Sanhedrin is a pre-, not post-messianic institution.

WOW!!!!  This is getting very exciting!!!

entire story here: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=73311

Tim

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2004, 03:53:03 PM »

Dec. 8, 2004 23:41
European leaders: 'There is certainly no reason to panic'
By DANIEL KENNEMER

A comment by former Ashkenazi chief rabbi Yisrael Meir Lau that he sees no future for European Jewry drew mixed reactions from the Jewish communities of Western Europe.

"There is no future for European Jewry," Lau told The Jerusalem Post on Sunday following a two-month tour of the continent, spent visiting Jewish communities in Austria, Britain, Switzerland, Belgium and the Netherlands.

"I see the end of the exile for European Jewry... Israel has to prepare itself for European aliya," Lau said.

Jewish community leaders within Europe are not so sure.

A mob of teens yelling "Croak, dirty Jew!" on the main pedestrian mall of Lille, in northern France, upset Rabbi Eliahou Dahan, but did not scare him into leaving France, he said.

Dahan admitted that "on one hand, we are clearly very concerned by the rise of anti-Semitism in France and Europe as a whole."

On the other hand, he went on, "we are witnessing phenomenal growth in terms of Jewish schools, kosher restaurants, and other aspects of Jewish religious and secular life, and a true resurgence of Jewish identity, stronger than before."

Dahan, speaking by telephone from Lille, painted a picture of a flourishing community and warned against getting carried away by exaggerations.

"Certainly, our ancestors and grandparents had much more difficult lives than we do today. Today we are better organized and equipped, more conscious. We have a young generation that asks questions," Dahan said.

<snip>
page 1
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1102475930082
page 2
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1102475930082&apage=2

Yes Tim, this is getting very exciting!!! We are watching as prophecy unfolds.

Resting with the Lord.
Bob

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2004, 01:32:46 PM »

Israel may be part of wider Europe
Herb Keinon and AP,
THE JERUSALEM POST    
Dec. 9, 2004

The European Union said Thursday Israel is among seven nations who will be part of its new European Neighborhood policy, even though the Foreign Ministry said Israel has not yet formally agreed to the EU's "action plan" for membership.

This program offers free access to goods, services, people and capital to countries neighboring the European Union in exchange for economic and political reform on a country-by-country basis.

Israel has been negotiating its terms of entrance for months, with the talks stuck for weeks on one section dealing with weapons of mass destruction.

EU External Affairs Commissioner Benita Ferrero-Waldner said at a press conference in Brussels launching the new program that through this agreement Israel acknowledges "the need to take into account the viability of a future Palestinian state in counter-terrorist activities."

A Foreign Minister spokesman said that Israel will finally have to decide on whether to accept the plan before Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom attends the Israel-EU Association Council meeting Monday where the plan will be brought for approval.

The EU-Israel neighborhood agreement also means that "Israel clearly acknowledges the role of the EU in the Quartet" that has written the "road map" to a peace plan that is to lead to a Palestinian state. Initially, the Israelis balked at references to the role of the so-called Quartet of Mideast peacemakers.

"Israel has never been willing to make such commitments in writing to any other partner. The same applies to the commitments Israel has entered into concerning" the nonproliferation of weapons of mass destruction, Ferrero-Waldner added.

The "European Neighborhood" accords with Moldova, Ukraine, Morocco, Tunisia, Jordan, Israel and the Palestinian Authority are aimed at making Europe more secure by bringing stability and prosperity to volatile regions.

The Ukraine accord is to be implemented once it is clear a presidential election to be rerun December 26 are free and fair, putting an end to the country's political crisis, said Ferrero-Waldner.

She said she planned to visit Kiev after the vote to see "how we can work together" to put Ukraine's neighborhood accord into effect.
The EU plans to have "neighborhood" accords next year with Egypt, Lebanon, Armenia, Azerbaij and Georgia.

Ferrero-Waldner told reporters the agreements will create "a ring of friends around the borders of our enlarged EU" that took in Cyprus, Malta and eight ex-communist East European nations on May 1.

She said the neighbors will qualify for easy access to the EU's 450 million consumers, "the biggest single market in the world," if they bring their laws in line with EU rules and regulations.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/Printer&cid=1102601523688&p=1078113566627

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the