Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:23:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286796 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  new here and am in need of prayer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: new here and am in need of prayer  (Read 850 times)
growinginGrace

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2004, 09:16:02 PM »

Hi,

I am having a hard time not being bitter toward someone who has taken advantage of me even though this person claims to know the Lord and walks in  "perfect" fellowship with Him.  I'm not really mad as I am hurt by this person for the way he has done me and than for pretense acts holier than thou.
   I do not hate this person but am annoyed with the way he acts so pious knowing that in his heart he did me wrong. I don't want justice, just God's peace and to know that He understands how I feel.  This man is very covetous and greedy and cares not for the needs of others.  he has three trucks in his yard and just recently   came into possesion of my car at a loss to me because I did not have the money to put it into the shop for  repairs. Long story but the bottom line is, he has more than he needs and took advantage of a bad situation and instead of being any help  to me and my wife who is his daughter, he used
it to get something for nothing and did it in the name of the Lord.
  He could have helped us get our car fixed instead of trying to take advantage like he did but instead he bought the car at a low price and is having it fixed so he can sell it ar a profit. What kind of Christain love is that I wonder. I always thought jesus taught we should help those in need instead of using them.
      Pray that God will deal with this mans heart and deliver him from greediness. I know he doesn't think much of me, he never has, but to take advantage of someone who is down is something not even a pagan would do, not someone who knows Jesus.  Please pray God will help me.  Now my truck is in need of repair and I am not sure how we are going to do it. It's one problem after another and I need God's mercy to see me through.  if you could, please pray to God for me and my family.
   God bless.

Tom
felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2004, 08:22:41 PM »

I'm praying for this man, but I'm especially praying for you and your family.

It is the most rational thing to be angry and annoyed at this person. This reminds me of how the pharisees behaved in the time of Jesus. The Pharisees were so pious on the outside but wicked inside. They are like the cups that are clean on the outside but dirty on the inside.

Jesus said, "Watch out for the teachers of the law. They like to walk around in flowing robes and be greeted in the marketplaces, and have the most important seats in the synagogues and the places of honor at banquets. They devour widows' houses and for a show make lengthy prayers. Such men will be punished most severely Maark 12:38-40

This certainly fits what your father in law has done. Your father in law must have came across this verse so you should show this to him and ask what he makes of it  Wink. Maybe he will change, but don't expect him to. I'm praying that you can forgive this man because it certainly is the hardest thing to do. This is the hardest thing to do because Jesus Christ set the standard when He died for the pharisees (who crucified him), your father in law, me and you. Jesus Christ teaches us exactly what the greatest commandment is: it is to love your neighbors. This includes your enemies.

Jesus said, "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be SONS of your Father in heaven." Matthew 6:43-45

This is what you must do and I am praying that you can forgive this man through whatever transgressions he has committed towards you. Jesus did say that these "men will be punished most severly," these hypocrits but do not take it on yourself to find justicfication; allow God to do this.

I'm also praying that you can get through this troubling time. Do not worry. Just "seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all things will be given to you." Matthew 6:33

Go to God constantly in prayer. "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you (matthew 7:7)" Do your best to love this man because this is what Jesus has ultimately done for us. God wants you to be like Jesus; do what Jesus would do.
growinginGrace

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2004, 01:06:26 AM »

Hi Felix 102?,

I appreciate your prayers. I really am not upset with him anymore
and hold him no ill will. God has taken care of that and has given me more grace.  I still need prayer though that God would help me get my truck fixed though as I have no money and am struggling to get by.
    Please pray God in mercy will give me the help I need and see me and my wife through these problems we keep having. Would be nice to be blessed for a change.

Peace.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the