Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:23:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  Questions, help, suggestions, and bug reports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Fruit and Vegetable fast...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fruit and Vegetable fast...  (Read 6128 times)
patricia

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2003, 03:30:16 PM »

hello? I'm new on the site and happy to find a place were I can chat and ask questions.....

well I'm fasting about a couple of thngs in my life right now and I'm doing a fruit and vegetable fast. Now with the veges, the are hard to eat without the dressing on it...is that okay, or is it putting luxury to the fast. How should a fast of this sort be? how exactly? Also what should one drink? I like to have a cup of coffe in the morning, is that still okay...or is it only fruit juices.
I am not accustomed to any other kind of fasts except dry fasting, but it tends to take a toll on my body which in the end does more hard than good.
HELP....this fast has to be done right...

thanks,
Patricia.
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2003, 04:38:49 AM »

hello? I'm new on the site and happy to find a place were I can chat and ask questions.....

well I'm fasting about a couple of thngs in my life right now and I'm doing a fruit and vegetable fast. Now with the veges, the are hard to eat without the dressing on it...is that okay, or is it putting luxury to the fast. How should a fast of this sort be? how exactly? Also what should one drink? I like to have a cup of coffe in the morning, is that still okay...or is it only fruit juices.
I am not accustomed to any other kind of fasts except dry fasting, but it tends to take a toll on my body which in the end does more hard than good.

thanks,
Patricia.

I add Lite dressing. I lost six pounds last week. I fast every fourth week for five days, and I fast one day per week for three weeks.

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2003, 06:31:39 AM »

Boy, that really sounds good, Brother Love.

Well, patricia, I didn't know it was really a fast if I was eating anything.  But raw veggies are certainly good for us!  To make them more palatable, I like just ordinary canned tomato paste(most brands have only tomatoes in it--nothing else, not even salt), carefully stirred by slowly adding water, 'till I've diluted it into a tomato sauce, or even just tomoto juice.  It's low calorie, and tastes pretty good.

When I fast, I still drink liquids--tea, unsweetened, or some fruit juice, unsweetened.

I fast the evening meal most every day(thank you Jesus).  

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2003, 06:37:49 AM »

Boy, that really sounds good, Brother Love.

Well, patricia, I didn't know it was really a fast if I was eating anything.  But raw veggies are certainly good for us!  To make them more palatable, I like just ordinary canned tomato paste(most brands have only tomatoes in it--nothing else, not even salt), carefully stirred by slowly adding water, 'till I've diluted it into a tomato sauce, or even just tomoto juice.  It's low calorie, and tastes pretty good.

When I fast, I still drink liquids--tea, unsweetened, or some fruit juice, unsweetened.

I fast the evening meal most every day(thank you Jesus).  

Hi Symphony, sounds good I will try the tomato paste.
I only drink water when fasting.

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2003, 07:04:05 PM »

thanks,
Patricia.

I add Lite dressing. I lost six pounds last week. I fast every fourth week for five days, and I fast one day per week for three weeks.

Brother Love Smiley

I believe I will try out the Brother Love Fast, starting next monday. Thanks Bro  Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2003, 06:01:26 AM »

thanks,
Patricia.

Brother Love Smiley

I believe I will try out the Brother Love Fast, starting next monday. Thanks Bro  Grin

Are you fasting this week A4C?

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2003, 08:07:20 AM »

thanks,
Patricia.

Brother Love Smiley

Are you fasting this week A4C?

Brother Love Smiley

No Brother, I hope next week

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2004, 06:09:41 PM »

Did you boys scare off patricia?  Embarrassed

Anyone interested in more fast talk?

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2004, 02:54:52 PM »

Did you boys scare off patricia?  Embarrassed

Anyone interested in more fast talk?

That would be nice!  Smiley

I need to fast; I have been needing that for a while now. It seems that lately I've had no "reason" to do it, and so I've only managed 1/2 day every once in a great while...it would be great if someone could fast with me!

Does anyone here ever have difficulty fasting, besides medical reasons such as medications, diabetes etc.?

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2004, 03:56:57 PM »

Try having a couple of heart "episodes" - your cardiologist will put you on a vege-fruit fast for life.   Grin

(Ah, but I cheat.)  Sad

When I fast it is usually a water-juice-coffee only fast for 24 hours, for very specific reasons, and no body knows I'm fasting except for God and I.  

A lady at my church tried a no meat fast a couple of years ago and hasn't eaten red meat since.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Mariposa

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2004, 12:42:16 AM »

i have actually never fasted.  i have been raised in church and have been saved and recently rededicated my live.  i have heard alot about fasting however i have never really understood it and of course a little embarrassed to ask questions.  fasting sounds like a diet.  however i can't diet but if it's for the Lord...i will.  
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the