Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:39:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  More Arafat news.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: More Arafat news.  (Read 12169 times)
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2004, 10:57:31 AM »

Below is a small clip of the Article.

source: http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/498661.html

MoD: Life-support to be cut Tuesday
Sources in the defense establishment believe Tuesday will be the day on which the Palestinians will ask to disconnect Arafat from life support and announce his death.

Tuesday night marks Lailat al-Kader, the night Muslims believe God revealed the Koran to the prophet Mohammed. The death of the Palestinian leader on that day will, therefore, be symbolic.

The three Palestinian leaders have made intensive efforts to meet French President Jacques Chirac and Foreign Minister Michel Barnier to discuss the situation and make funeral arrangements.

The trio were to first visit the Percy Military Hospital in Paris for first-hand information on Arafat's medical condition. Palestinian sources have admitted in recent days that Arafat's mental state is irreversible. However there are doubts about his physical condition.

Arafat spent a fifth day in intensive care on Sunday. According to unconfirmed reports, the hospital had pronounced Arafat's death already on Saturday evening.

Other unofficial reports said Arafat was still in a coma.

Lord have mercy on his soul!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 01:58:45 PM »

did arafat become a Christian?

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
artputey

Godless heathen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 01:59:46 PM »

Thats nice

I've got no hands to tie behind my back
And I'm sparkin' like a heart attack
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2004, 10:55:47 PM »

JERUSALEM (AFP) - Political leaders in Israel and the West Bank steeled themselves for the end of the Yasser Arafat era as the vanguard of the Palestinian nationalist struggle for the past four decades lay brain dead in a Paris hospital.

Palestinian officials fiercely denied that Arafat had passed away after Israeli media reported that the 75-year-old had died.

But while French medical sources said Arafat was technically still alive, they added that he was "brain dead" and only breathing with the help of life support machines while in an irreversible coma.

Yasser Arafat has been declared brain dead by French doctors despite what PA officials are saying.  

What does this have to do with prophecy?  It could prove to be a tremendous boost for peace talks or it could mean nothing at all.  

Let me explain.  I am a firm believer that the Lord is in complete control of world events.  It's very possible that Yasser Arafat was placed on this earth to be a hindrance to the peace plan until the Lord was ready to bring it about.  This doesn't mean that the peace plan will now come to pass but it could.

I have also been receiving a number of emails about the proposed peace plan by EU High Representative Javier Solana.  Many believe he will turn out to be the antichrist.  It's entirely possible, but things can change in a moment.  I tend not to believe in a man but what the Bible has to say about the man.  One thing many overlook is that Solana is human and could die tomorrow.  

Here's my theory regarding the antichrist.  I am convinced that the spirit of antichrist has been with us since the early church age (I John 2:18).  I also believe that throughout the centuries satan has attempted to bring about his antichrist through various world rulers but has been hindered by the Holy Spirit (II Thessalonians 2:1-12).  It wouldn't surprise me one bit if when we get to heaven we find out that Hitler was possessed by the spirit of antichrist.  The fact that he attempted to exterminate the Jews (God's chosen people) makes the theory even more compelling.  

I believe that satan is about to attempt another try at bringing in his kingdom through his antichrist.  His plan is to bring peace to Israel and eventually betray them.  He will then takeover the world, impose his mark, and force his worship.  This is his plan and unfortunately for satan God knew his plan before the world's were formed.  Of course, his plans are documented in the Bible.

The fact is, the Lord has allowed satan to work his plans to fit into the plan of God.  he has his plan but he doesn't know what will follow.  He doesn't know the rapture will take place nor the horror that will come thereafter.

If Javier Solana is the antichrist he will one day be possessed by the spirit of antichrist.  When the rapture takes place he will be granted supernatural power.  
"And all the world wondered after the beast.  And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?"  (Revelation 13:3b-4)

Pastor Malone
http://www.calvaryprophecy.com/q454.html

coptic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 05:58:13 AM »

did arafat become a Christian?

Um, no.
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2004, 06:09:16 AM »

Grin

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Isn’t today a good day...

By placing our faith in Christ’s shed blood and nothing else, we can have eternal life.  Isn’t today a good day to place your faith in Christ?  There will never be a better time.  In fact, there is no guarantee of another day. Trust Christ today.  

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2004, 10:27:38 AM »

Looks like they intend to pull the plug today indeed!   I suspect we do not know the whole story going on here.    Huh

I find it interesting that it was announced yesterday they would pull the plug, even BEFORE officials had arrived to see Arafat.   Seems very Ochestrated to me.

I still might be wrong, but I sense this will lead to very important events in the near future.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2004, 05:06:17 PM »

Looks like they intend to pull the plug today indeed!

On second thought scatch that news......A spoksman close to the situation said that John Kerry was now in charge of that decision.   Grin

Tim

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2004, 07:22:58 PM »

On second thought scatch that news......A spoksman close to the situation said that John Kerry was now in charge of that decision.   Grin

That's why it's flip flop'n so much! Grin

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2004, 10:41:45 PM »

That's why it's flip flop'n so much! Grin
ROFL!! Grin

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2004, 11:14:01 PM »

Here we go again.....This is turning into a real soap opera.

source: http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/499629.html

PA plans Muqata burial for Arafat  

By Arnon Regular and Ronni Singer, Haaretz Correspondents

Palestinian Foreign Minister Nabil Sha'ath put an end Tuesday to nearly two weeks of speculation by declaring Palestinian Authority Chairman Yasser Arafat's life in a Paris hospital was "now in the hands of God and his doctors."

A late-night report by Itim quoted senior Palestinian sources as saying that PLO Secretary General Mahmoud Abbas - the most senior Palestinian politician after Arafat - would announce in Ramallah Wednesday morning that Arafat had died.

According to the report, Arafat was already dead as of Tuesday night, but the Palestinian leadership would make the official announcement only after Abbas returned to Ramallah from Paris, via Amman, overnight.

Arafat's bureau director, Tayeb Abdul Rahim, indicated in Ramallah Tuesday night that the Palestinian leadership had decided to turn the Muqata into a mausoleum for Arafat, making it his final resting place until circumstances allow him to be buried in Jerusalem.

Israel's security cabinet will meet Wednesday morning to discuss funeral arrangements. Sources said that Israel will not oppose a burial in Ramallah if the PA asks for it, although Israel would prefer that Arafat be buried in the Gaza Strip.

Israel informed international leaders that the Palestinians do not have sufficient forces in the West Bank to provide security for the funeral, but that political considerations overrode security considerations. According to political and defense sources, Israel cannot prevent the Palestinians from burying their leader in Palestinian areas, and will only oppose burial in Jerusalem and Abu Dis.

So much for putting rumors to rest  Lips Sealed

Tim

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2004, 02:32:27 AM »

Confusion Over Arafat, Palestinians Prepare Burial

Tue Nov 9, 9:44 PM ET

World - Reuters

By Wafa Amr

PARIS (Reuters) - Palestinians looked to their leadership to lift confusion over Yasser Arafat's fate in a French hospital on Wednesday as preparations gathered pace to bury the icon of the fight for a state. Arafat, 75, suffered a brain hemorrhage on Tuesday at the hospital where he was flown from the West Bank on Oct. 29 and had lain in a coma. Officials insisted in public that he was alive, though aides said privately that he was dead.

Palestinian Foreign Minister Says Arafat Still Alive

In four decades leading the Palestinian nationalist cause, Arafat has gone from guerrilla to Nobel prize-winning peacemaker to a shunned old leader facing renewed bloodshed with Israel.

His dream of a Palestinian state remains unrealized, a possible succession battle is brewing and the threat of chaos in Palestinian territories is looming.

He has been widely admired by Palestinians as the father of their struggle for statehood but was reviled by many Israelis as the face of terror.

Nonetheless, both sides have wondered whether his death might serve as the catalyst for the first real peace effort in years or plunge the region into deeper crisis.

Palestinian sources said leaders were awaiting a senior Muslim cleric to give the go-ahead to disconnect life-support machines at the military hospital in Paris where Arafat lapsed into a coma last week.

"Is he dead or not dead?" said Ali Zaituna in the Gaza Strip. "We will only believe it when a Palestinian official appears and says it."

LEADERS RETURN HOME

A delegation of three senior leaders returned to the West Bank from Paris early on Wednesday ahead of an expected announcement after 4 a.m. EST on Arafat's condition and plans for the future.

Officials said it was likely that a funeral would be held in Cairo followed by a burial in Ramallah at the shell-battered "Muqata" compound where Arafat had been effectively confined by Israeli troops for 2-1/2 years.

After ruling out the burial in the holy city of Jerusalem that Arafat wanted, Israeli officials had said they wanted him interred in the Gaza Strip. But political sources said they might lift objections to Ramallah.

Workers installed extra communications links at the Muqata to be able to beam pictures worldwide.

"We are not sure about the day of burial, but I was told most likely on Friday," said one Palestinian official who did not want to be named. "The body might be flown to Egypt on Thursday."

Despite his reputation as a consummate survivor, Arafat's decline came swiftly and with little warning.

Initial claims that he was suffering from a stomach ailment soon gave way to widespread reports that he had slipped into a coma and that his organs were failing.

French doctors kept a tight lid on details of Arafat's condition at the behest of his wife, Suha, who engaged in a war of words with senior Palestinians officials over her virtual monopoly on information from his hospital bedside.

Prime Minister Ahmed Qurie saw Arafat on Tuesday. The other members of the delegation, Foreign Minister Nabil Shaath and Palestine Liberation Organization Secretary General Mahmoud Abbas, were unable to.

Most of Arafat's powers have been take over by Qurie and Abbas, both leading moderates. Arafat's death would call for parliament speaker Rawhi Fattouh to assume the presidency in a caretaker capacity for 60 days until elections could be held.

(Additional reporting by Mohammed Assadi and Diala Saadeh in Ramallah, Nidal al-Mughrabi in Gaza)
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/nm/20041110/wl_nm/mideast_arafat_dc

Sulfurdolphin

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2004, 01:07:23 PM »

I read yesterday in the JP that Arafat is dying of AIDS and they are having second thoughts about a blood disorder that they thought he was dying of. Reports said that Arafat was a homsexual and his body guards were his partner.

I just thank God that Arafat is going to be buried in Ramallah and not in Israel. Ceremonies will be held in Cairo where arafat was born.

Michael
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2004, 12:12:40 AM »

Well it has just been announced that Arafat has died. He will be buried in Ramallah.

There has been nothing on the news boards as yet. I would have posted that if there was.............

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2004, 01:13:35 AM »

Okay here it is, there sure is alot of hits here.

Nov. 11, 2004 7:52
ARAFAT DIES IN PARIS HOSPITAL
By KHALED ABU TOAMEH AND MATTHEW GUTMAN

Anti-Zionist Netorei Karta pray and wait outside the Percy Military Hospital in Clamart, near Paris, as they wait for news of Yasser Arafat
Photo: AP

Advertisement

MUKATA, Ramallah

Palestinian President Yasser Arafat died early Thursday morning in Paris.

Arafat is survived by his wife Suha and nine-year-old daughter Zahwa.

Tayeb Abd Al Rahim, a top PA official, made a statement at a meeting of the Palestinian Authority in Ramallah which read: "At 4:30 a.m. Yasser Arafat's death was declared. His funeral will be held in Ramallah. His pure spirit has returned to its source, but he remains with us."

Forty days of mourning have been declared in the Palestinian territories.

"Mr. Yasser Arafat, president of the Palestinian Authority, has died at the Percy Military Training Hospital in Clamart on Nov. 11, 2004, at 3:30," spokesman Gen. Christian Estripeau told reporters in a brief statement.

Estripeau then told reporters that Arafat's body would be leaving the hospital, but that - because of French privacy laws - no details would be given on the cause of death or anything else.

Saeb Erekat, Palestinian cabinet minister, told CNN, that the Palestinian people "were supposed to be scattered and extinct in this century, but President Arafat managed to keep us united and preserved. It breaks my heart that Arafat is dead but the Israeli occupation is not. We will continue our dream for a Palestinian state with Jerusalem as its capital, and a two state solution with Israel."

Former minister and longtime aide Yasser Abd Rabo spoke with reporters at the Mukata, said that Arafat will be moved to Cairo on Thursday and that there will be a ceremony in Cairo on Friday, followed by a burial at Arafat's headquarters in Ramallah (the Mukata) on Saturday with the participation of Palestinians, and friends of the Palestinians. Friday's ceremony will be held for international leaders and heads of state from the Arab world. Abd Rabo said that he hoped members of the Israeli peace camp would arrive to the Ramallah funeral.

Arafat, 75, was flown to Paris on Oct. 29 for treatment of an undisclosed illness. He fell into a coma a week later and was put on a life support machine.

His health steadily deteriorated and he suffered some brain damage due to hemorrhage. Only his heart and lungs were still functioning, Palestinian officials said Wednesday.

No diagnosis was made public.

French President Jacques Chirac said in a statement that he had learned of Arafat's death "with emotion" and that France would continue to press "with conviction" for an independent Palestinian state alongside that of Israel.

"With him disappears the man of courage and conviction who, for 40 years, has incarnated the Palestinians' combat for recognition of their national rights," Chirac said.

"To the Palestinian people, I want to express at this moment of mourning the friendship of France and the French people."

"May the loss that they have just suffered unite the Palestinians."

The Palestinian Authority on Wednesday moved closer to ending four decades of autocratic rule as officials in Ramallah reached an agreement on the division of Yasser Arafat's powers among four people. They are PLO No. 2 Mahmoud Abbas, PA Prime Minister Ahmed Qurei, PA Foreign Minister Nabil Shaath, and Palestinian Legislative Council Speaker Rouhi Fattouh.

US President George W. Bush said the death of Arafat was a "significant moment in Palestinian people. We express our condolences to the Palestinian people."

"The death of Yasser Arafat is a significant moment in Palestinian history. We express our condolences to the Palestinian people. For the Palestinian people, we hope that the future will bring peace and the fulfillment of their aspirations for an independent, democratic Palestine that is at peace with its neighbors. During the period of transition that is ahead, we urge all in the region and throughout the world to join in helping make progress toward these goals and toward the ultimate goal of peace," a statement from Washington said.

There are 3 pages, I am posting just the first.
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1099973628375

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the