Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:01:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Women Smarter?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Women Smarter?  (Read 6221 times)
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2004, 08:53:44 PM »

Theology?HuhHuhHuhHuh? Huh Roll Eyes Undecided Cry

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2004, 06:57:44 AM »

Yes, I guess I do make it sound sorta futile...  -  BECAUSE IT IS FUTILE!

aHH.  There.  That felt good.   Cool

they wanted men to be more sensitive, less violent, more mannerly

Hmm.  Now THERE is a statement for debate.   Wink

Does being mannerly mean...Oh nevermind.  That is a whole 'nother thread...

Tongue

Is not futile! Just gotta be careful to keep the balance part! Wink

Ok, so 'mannerly' wasn't the best choice of words!  Tongue But men are stereotyped as expelling air and scratching wherever it itches..... I thought 'mannerly' was a nicer replacement!  Lips Sealed

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2004, 07:02:05 AM »

Theology?HuhHuhHuhHuh? Huh Roll Eyes Undecided Cry

ROFL!  Grin

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2004, 05:27:47 PM »

Smiley
Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2004, 01:29:11 PM »

Hey now, there ain't nothing wrong with getting rid of a little excess gas...lol...just as long as it's done with class.  Tongue

and yea...i don't want no worldly power...bad stuff that worldly power. lol. I'm just as content with God's Word than runnin for president. I'd get bored waiting that long in order to be eligable to run...i got better things to do with my time...LOL...and no i ain't callin ya'll scatter brains. the Lord knows that i have a hard enough time remembering a conversation i supposedly had with my mom or dad a week ago in which i supposedly incriminated myself...which i attest i did not...but they seem to remember it differently...it's a conspiracy I say!! lol..ok i'm done being a goofball now. Adios.

in His Service,
Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2004, 12:44:34 AM »

But men are stereotyped as expelling air and scratching wherever it itches.....

Well, I'm glad it's just a stereotype...

Grin
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2004, 05:34:16 PM »

I think women are intimidated into 'playing' dumber.

Men are clutzes and think they know everything.

Women know better, but frequently suboridinate that to the men.

When women refuse to subordinate that "enlightenment" to men, then they frequently become the women's libbers.

So women are stuck in this no-win situation where they know better, but have to keep silent about it.   Lips Sealed

Men aren't aware of how intimidating they are.  So they rush headlong where angels fear to tread, dragging the women along with them, the women all the time knowing better.

So both sexes are doomed, but for different reasons.  The women know better, but can't do anything about it, in many cases; the men don't know better, but are loaded for bear in trying everything under the sun to do something about it.

So we stumble through life, any apparent attempt at any relative 'smoothness' only temporary, it being covetous to ever look upon our neighbor in such a way - that 'they' have it made; our 'have-it-madeness' only lasts for any short period.  There are no 'smooth paths', and no one 'has it made', though for short periods any given party may appear to 'have it made', and thus, they seem to 'know what they are doing'.

No one knows what they are doing.  The woman is hitched to a man, and the man is a fool.  We are given the semblance of smoothness, because for short periods, 'smoothness' seems to appear.  But that's judging by appearances.  Big mistake.

All of western civilization is a judgement based on appearances - all of our inventions a response to how we 'see' things.  And we take our chances with them.  Sometimes we win, sometimes we win for a long time.  Other times we don't win.

This is the reality, the daily reality that we are a part of.  We can't observe it like a movie and say that's all just them.  

But in all of this is also the other reality of His power through us.  In that, or in Him, is the escape from this body of death.

Women are so different from men.  And men so different from women.

But we each have the same basic instincts, the same basic 'soul'; we are just very different expressions of that same basic 'entity' or 'life', or 'soul'.  We all want the same basic things, and have the same basic ambitions, or 'goals'(i dislike that word   Roll Eyes).  We all like to get off work at the same time.  And we all like things to be a certain way.

Smiley

Are these explosions of gray matter as painful for you as they are for us  Huh

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2004, 05:40:47 PM »

Are women smarter than men?

Some.......not too many, though.

I haven't met one.

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2004, 06:04:41 PM »

Are women smarter than men?

Some.......not too many, though.

I haven't met one.

ROFL!

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2004, 03:32:01 AM »

hehe I think it goes like this.  If you're married or dating or about to date, Women are smarter.  Otherwise no.    Wink Grin

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2004, 04:54:23 AM »

hehe I think it goes like this.  If you're married or dating or about to date, Women are smarter.  Otherwise no.    Wink Grin

True Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
spud

Artist/dog groomer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2004, 08:24:10 PM »

Women smarter huh
I have done just as many dumb things as my dear husband.  Are we smarter? yea sure.  We keep getting married don't we.
 Wink

If you meet me and forget me you have lost nothing, but if you meet Jesus Christ and forget Him you have lost everything.
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2004, 08:43:24 PM »

shhh, I am dumb right now, and I used to have an IQ of 180..

Rhys

The chief end of man is to glorify God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2004, 10:25:05 PM »

I've observed that some women are smarter than some men, and vice versa.
Women tend to do better than men at conversation, relating to other people, fine detail and are more concerned with feelings. Men are better at things that involve physical activity, projects, machinery and are logical... but this is only a general tendency and some individuals of either sex may excel in areas commonly monopolized by the other sex.
As a mechanic, when my former pastor had car trouble and asked me for help, I always used to talk to his wife, as he had no idea what was going on but she maintained and did minor repairs on the car. On the other hand, I've experienced a lot of "dumb" women who think they can just drive forever without doing any maintenance, like changing the oil. Usually men are better with machinery than women, but not always.
I guess my conclusion is that neither women or men are "smarter" but just have different strengths and weaknesses. God intended them to work together, not copmpete, so the strengths of each sex strengthen the weaknesses of the other.

My blog: http://rhys02.blogspot.com/
My website: http://tkrice.tripod.com/

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths Prov. 3: 5,6

Member in good standing: Rednecks for Jesus
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2004, 12:36:57 AM »

I've observed that some women are smarter than some men, and vice versa.
Women tend to do better than men at conversation, relating to other people, fine detail and are more concerned with feelings. Men are better at things that involve physical activity, projects, machinery and are logical... but this is only a general tendency and some individuals of either sex may excel in areas commonly monopolized by the other sex.
As a mechanic, when my former pastor had car trouble and asked me for help, I always used to talk to his wife, as he had no idea what was going on but she maintained and did minor repairs on the car. On the other hand, I've experienced a lot of "dumb" women who think they can just drive forever without doing any maintenance, like changing the oil. Usually men are better with machinery than women, but not always.
I guess my conclusion is that neither women or men are "smarter" but just have different strengths and weaknesses. God intended them to work together, not copmpete, so the strengths of each sex strengthen the weaknesses of the other.
I agree 100% sincereheart, everyone has their strong and weak points. Just like some people are better book learned. Others are better, "with their hands," learning.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the