Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:56:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286802 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Witnessing (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Serving God
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Serving God  (Read 3052 times)
Pastor Roger
« on: October 24, 2004, 02:34:42 AM »

There are so many different ways to serve God through daily witnessing. With a little "practice" it will soon become second nature and you will do them without any forethought. Here is a list of some that I do. All of these things are simple things and only costs you a little time. Sometimes it may lead to a full blown witness and maybe lead someone to the Lord. At the least it will plant the seed.

1. Greet all people with a smile.
2. In stead of just saying "Hi" to passerbys add in a "God bless you".
3. Hold the door open for others. Most will say thank you. Try responding back with "God bless you".
4. See an elderly person looking lonely? Go over to them and say "God loves you, too." I just did this to an elderly person sitting in a wheel chair by themselves. It put a smile on their face.
5. Many veterans have a special liscense plate on their car or sometimes wear a coat or hat indicating their service. Go up to them and say something to the effect of "Thank you for your service. Because of you I can still openly serve the Lord."
6. See an elderly or handicapped person struggling with packages at the store. Offer a hand, a smile and when you leave them a hearty "God bless you".
7. If you accidently bump into someone (or they bump into you) give an apology, a smile and a "God bless you".

I use my computer and blank buisness cards to print out a thank you for Veterans to place on their cars if I don't see them. I place the statement about my being able to openly serve the Lord because of their service. On the back I put a Bible verse. This can be done for others besides Veterans, too.

Do you have a little extra time on your hands and feeling bored?

Try visiting a hospital, nursing home, or veterans center.

This will brighten other peoples day, get the word out that Christians are nice people after all, provide an opportunity to lead someone to Christ and God will bless you.

Any other ideas? Post them so that others might use them.

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 05:17:28 AM »

All good ideas Pastor, thanks

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
street preacher

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2004, 11:12:09 AM »

I agree, these are some great points Pastor....

Here ar a few more that I have found to be effective...

One great way to get into a conversation w/ someone  is to do as Pastor Roger said and smile, introduce yourself first before anything else. Carry a small notebook or even a "post-it" pad and pen and then tell them that you are working on a project (which is true) and ask them if you may have a few minutes of their time.  Just tell them you are randomly surveing people about some of their spiritual beliefs and ask if they have a Christian background.  This is a very non-confrontational question.  I have never had anyone get offended by this question.  It is a great ice breaker and it gets your audience thinking about spiritual things.  You will get a variety of answers....You may spend a few minutes listening to what they have to say but bring them back to the truth.  
Give them the law of God (the 10 commandments) to plow their stony hearts and once the soil is ready, plant the seed of the gospel.  If you try to plant the seed before preparing the soil, your results will suffer.  (See the stony ground hearer in the Parable of the Sower(Mark 4).  If you take the time to prepare the ground, the seed will find fertile soil (Good Soil Hearer).   I use the WDJD (What Did Jesus Do?) to guide me through witnessing encounters.  I won't take up all of your time explaining what this is but for those who are interested in learning more about how  "The Law of the Lord is Perfect in Converting the Soul" (Psalms. 19:7), go to www.livingwaters.com or www.thewayofthemaster.com.  Or you can simply reply to this message and state that you would like to know what this is all about.  I would suspect that many on this board probably are thinking "What do the 10 commandments have to do w/ evangelism"  That's exactly what I would have said 18 mos ago.  I would love to discuss w/ anyone interested on a seperate thread.  Thanks again for this thread Pastor Roger.  I thank God for you.

Street Preacher
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2004, 04:17:06 PM »

street preacher
I haven't read your links yet but I have saved them so I can do so when I get a bit more time. You have a wonderful idea and yes, I can see where the Ten Commandments could be used as a lead in to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I have used it as a sermon before just for that purpose. If I can locate it perhaps I will post it here someplace.

Thank you for your kind comments.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
The_8th_Person

"My best friend was born in a manger" - DC Talk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2005, 01:07:32 AM »

I checked out your link www.thewayofthemaster.com from another post you put it in; I realy love this sites and there ideals of evangelism makes so much sense so thank you for informing me. I have not checked out www.livingwaters.com yet but I will be sure to.  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 02, 2005, 01:08:11 AM by The_8th_Person » Logged

ivan

God`s servant.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2005, 08:23:45 AM »

thanks Pastor Roger
I like it. Very good ideas. I do some of  it.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the