Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:20:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Music (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Music Mania ,Delight or DANGER !?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Music Mania ,Delight or DANGER !?  (Read 1733 times)
sledgehammer4Him

Drumz4Jesus

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2004, 03:26:29 AM »

Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum and hope that God will use me to encourage each of you with truth.
Music Mania is all around us these days. I would compare it the likes of a grocery store exprience. So much to choose from
and feed on. Many Christians wrestle and struggle with the topic of music.  I use to, but no more. Jesus called me on the carpet years ago and offered me His insight to this topic. He kept it quite simple and to the point. Music carries a spiritual message in it's lyrics and sound presentaion, which can affect the listener in a positive or negative manner. What an artist sings about or expresses through playing an instrument, affects the listener. Man consists of a spirit,the mind and emotions{soul} and the physical body or flesh. The nature of man is sinful and not pleasing to God. Without salvation and relationship with Jesus, a person remains carnal. The artist, without Jesus as Lord of their life, can only create from the mind and emotional nature. The spirit, without Christ as Lord, is empty and dead. The end result is Godless music with a fleeting message.
It can only offer the listener an entertainment quality. That quality is the whole sum of the problem. We tend to choose styles  of music that we like and that appeal to our lost, flesh nature. God warns His children not to expose themselves to those things that do not glorify Him and His Son. Yes ,there are grey areas on this  topic. In general, it simply comes down to this. Avoid bands that promote evil and mock God. Evil is everything and anything that God hates. Check out the lyrics and find out what the artists are into. What they write down and sing about is what the listener feeds on. Just like  junk food. It  seems to taste good at the time, but eventually, in the long run, it has a negative affect on it's consumer. The same goes for music. It may sound cool to you
and it's the hot and popular band from the world's perspective, but
how does your spirit and the Holy Spirit line up on the subject?
Read God's word and let His Spirit help  you choose the right and best way to go.
God Bless all of you,
Sledgehammer
2Timothy 2:19  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

We'll party like we're dead.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 12:07:34 AM »

I LIKE KORN* IZ KORN RONG 2 LISTEN 2?Huh?? I HOPE NOT CUZ I RELLY <3 KORN. KORN KORN KORN. KORN kORN KOrN. GO KORN KORN 4 PREZ. 2004.

AAAHHHHHHHHH KORN!!!!!!!

*Note: I hate Korn.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 03:18:52 AM »

Hello Sledgehammer,

I see this is your first post, so WELCOME!!!!

I say a big AMEN!! to what you posted. I would expand what you said to just about everything (i.e. movies, magazines, television, etc., etc.). A constant bombardment of evil desensitizes our distinction of right and wrong. If we allow the continuing bombardment, it will most definitely effect our morals, values, ethics, and eventually our thinking about the Holy Bible.

I think that a fairly good analogy is thinking of a human like a sophisticated computer - Garbage In - Garbage Out.

Love In Christ,
Tom

phantom934

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 07:01:53 AM »

THATS SO AWSOME MAN I THOUGH YOUD NEVER SEE THE LIGHT!! THIS IS SO KOOL. NOW YOULL JOIN ME IN PRAYING FOR THEIR SALVATION EVERYDAY AROUND 7:30 PM EST(dont worry friend if you dont live in the eastern seaboard just take off an hour for each time zone.) Albeit they prob shouldnt run for prez cuz no one would like them just blowin up Iraq,China,N. Korea and the like.(Which we should prob do but hey were the good guys remember?) I am so Pleased I thought you were not exactly a people person from you other posts. But I see God has worked on that too.(MAN CAN HE DO MIRACLES!! Grin) So see he can save KoRn. GOD BLESS YOU(PRAYER WORKS!!) ROCK ON Jon

Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

We'll party like we're dead.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2004, 01:22:34 PM »

"Albeit..."

That's gotta be the most complex word I've seen you use, Phantom. You use a thesaurus there, dude?
phantom934

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2004, 04:24:29 PM »

I figure Ive got ya in the hole when you complement me.(If you dont get it you prob havent had your morning coffee.)
Ralf

Hooray for the axolotl!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2004, 04:59:12 PM »

Garbage In - Garbage Out.
I like garbage. I have a couple of their albums on my computer Tongue

-Ralf
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2004, 08:58:12 PM »

Garbage In - Garbage Out.
I like garbage. I have a couple of their albums on my computer Tongue

-Ralf

Grin  Brother Ralf, I didn't mention any specific group for a pretty good reason:  I wouldn't know anything about the new groups. Most of the music I listen to was popular in the 40s, 50s, and 60s.   Grin

My kids are all grown, and I have grandchildren, so I don't have to worry about music in my home any longer. I did worry about music when my kids were in their teenage years. I didn't allow the homicide, suicide, cursing, and dirty stuff in the house. I couldn't put a name with any of that stuff if I tried. By the way, I didn't force my kids to listen to my music.   Grin  They did listen to their own music, just not stuff like I mentioned above. I know it would have been torture to make them listen to my music.   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ralf

Hooray for the axolotl!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2004, 01:41:56 AM »

I was just making a joke. But yeah. garbage are pretty old compared to today's music.. well they were when they first came out Tongue

-Ralf
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the