Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:42:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286795 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Music (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  KoRn thoughts and prayer
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: KoRn thoughts and prayer  (Read 4689 times)
Aiden

I seek Truth, I seek God.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2004, 05:13:37 PM »

KornRules,
Make sure you aren't worshipping KoRn. Just because you are praying for them doesn't mean you should fill your mind with their lyrics. Obsession with anything other than Christ is evil so be forewarned. Not that I am positive that you idolize KoRN, but your posts, name, and signatures are all pointing in that directiong. Take care and guard your mind.

-Aiden-
phantom934

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2004, 08:22:01 PM »

Your true with that but im not worshipping them. I just cant find an alternative for them. I have agree with saph on the pillar thing. THEY SUCK(I also hate rap with a passion.) And the grammar thing is dumb to argue saph people can write any wAy they PLZ. If I have spited you good cuz if you take offense its not my problem. I dont have to worry about u. If I am wrong about my music preferences God will speak to me when Im on my nees before Him. I look forward to reading this every morning cuz saph man you provide my morning humor.(ALOT better than the c0m1cs) ROCK ON BROS Jon
Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

We'll party like we're dead.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2004, 05:07:34 PM »

And the grammar thing is dumb to argue saph people can write any wAy they PLZ.

True, but if you're trying to get me to pay any serious attention to what you say, you've failed by showing me you're too lazy to type out actual words. You people who abbreviate every single word are the epitomy of what this country's work ethic is becoming. Show some effort. Show some intelligence. Don't look like a illiterate fool who can't even rouse himself to make complete thoughts.

If I have spited you good cuz if you take offense its not my problem.

Well, you obviously have a problem with me if you go through all that trouble just to show you don't like me. Is that your way of getting rid of your problem? By doing things you know I hate? You've got a lot of learning to do, 'cause I'm not going anywhere.

I dont have to worry about u.

Frankly, I'd be worried if you did.

If I am wrong about my music preferences God will speak to me when Im on my nees before Him.

That's not only naive, but it's completely idiotic. First of all, to say what you said implies that you're unwilling to find out whether the music you're listening to is "right" or not, and that you'll just wait until it's too late to change if it actually IS wrong to find out. That's both lazy AND ignorant.

Secondly, I think God will have more important things to tell you than whether or not your music preferences were "right" or not. Besides, I never said you're wrong for listening to Korn, I just think there's much better things you could waste your money or time on. I'm not condemning you to hell. Get over yourself.

I look forward to reading this every morning cuz saph man you provide my morning humor.(ALOT better than the c0m1cs)

After you wake up, before you go off to your seventh grade classes? I seriously doubt that you actually find anything I say to be genuinely funny. I think you're just saying that, again, to try to incite some anger in me.

I'll ask you every single post I make to shorten your signature. This is not only because I don't want to look at it, but because it inconveniences everyone who reads this thread. Swallow what little pride you have and make it shorter.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2004, 05:14:03 PM by Sapphire W34P0N » Logged
phantom934

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2004, 05:23:06 PM »

THIS IS FUNNY!!! Grin I ACTUALLY LIKE THE LONG PAGES ITS WHAT IM USED TOO.APPERENTLY YOU THINK YOU KNOW ALL. ESPECIALLY WITH THE GOTH THING HOW DOES ONE WHO LISTENS TO PANSY..OHH SRY YOU CALL IT MUSIC LIKE THE GOO GOOD DOLLS KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT OTHER MUSIC. HEY IF YOU DONT THINK I FIND IT FUNNY THIS IS FINE BY MOI. I DO AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS.  Shocked Kiss
Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2004, 04:40:33 PM »

THIS IS FUNNY!!!

No it's not, and I know you know it. You're just getting angry so you're trying to make me angry as well. I'm not an idiot; I've done it, I've seen other people do it.

I ACTUALLY LIKE THE LONG PAGES ITS WHAT IM USED TOO.

Well, for the sake of the people here, who AREN'T used to it and get annoyed by it (and I know I'm not the only person on this site who feels this way), I'm asking you politely to please shorten it.

APPERENTLY YOU THINK YOU KNOW ALL.

I do. Where have you been my past twelve posts?

At any rate, I know more than you.

ESPECIALLY WITH THE GOTH THING

Fine. Prove me wrong. What IS a goth, exactly? Since you seem to be so enlightened on the subject, it shouldn't be difficult for you to make a solid, and apparently contradictory definition in relation to mine.

HOW DOES ONE WHO LISTENS TO PANSY..OHH SRY YOU CALL IT MUSIC LIKE THE GOO GOOD DOLLS KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT OTHER MUSIC.

You are, once again, being completely ignorant and asinine. I like almost every kind of music. Country, rock, emo, alternative, punk, progressive rock, even, to a certain extent, rap and classical. I like bands like Linkin Park and Evanescence, bands that could be considered similar to Korn. And still, I hate Korn. Explain to me, then, why I shouldn't be allowed to have a negative opinion on Korn? It's not like I've never heard them. I have. They suck.

HEY IF YOU DONT THINK I FIND IT FUNNY THIS IS FINE BY MOI. I DO AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS.

If all that mattered was what you thought about things, this world would be one huge failure.

Oh, and I think you may have accidentally had your Caps Lock button on. It'd be nice if you could turn it off next time.

*Prepares for another all-upper-case post.*
phantom934

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2004, 09:36:40 PM »

Grin Smiley Wink Cool :-*Oh trust me if the world was run by what I think! The Germans wouldve won WWII. We would have problem countries like Iraq,China,Russia and the like. Dont worry man I find it funny. For you to worry about it is startin to scare me. You must really be interested in me. BACK OFF man I gots a gurl already(trust me dont need a guy.) Dont forget to kiss the mirror for your goodnight kiss.
Ralf

Hooray for the axolotl!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2004, 01:45:53 AM »

Grin Smiley Wink Cool :-*Oh trust me if the world was run by what I think! The Germans wouldve won WWII. We would have problem countries like Iraq,China,Russia and the like. Dont worry man I find it funny. For you to worry about it is startin to scare me. You must really be interested in me. BACK OFF man I gots a gurl already(trust me dont need a guy.) Dont forget to kiss the mirror for your goodnight kiss.
Ok I think you're taking it a bit far. fair enough a simple disagreement but personal insults aren't very nice. also Sapphire weapon despite the fact yours are more refined it's probably a good idea to stop em too.

-Ralf
Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2004, 04:41:32 PM »

The Germans wouldve won WWII. We would have problem countries like Iraq,China,Russia and the like.

Are you a Nazi? Or are you just one of those leftist slimeballs who hates America?  

For you to worry about it is startin to scare me.

Where did I say that I actually DO worry about anything? Please, point it out.

You must really be interested in me. BACK OFF man I gots a gurl already(trust me dont need a guy.)

I refuse to stoop this low, but I would like to point out to anyone who may be viewing this thread as a third party or bystander the significance of this particular line. Being somewhat literate in the field of psychology, I can recognize this as the point where KoRn RULES realizes I've proved points he cannot refute, so he is attempting to divert attention from the original topic by taking cheap shots at me.

Did that sound sopisticated, or what?

Dont forget to kiss the mirror for your goodnight kiss.

Don't worry. By now, it's routine.

Again, KoRn RULES, please shorten your signature. It's distracting and somewhat aggrivating.

Sapphire weapon despite the fact yours are more refined it's probably a good idea to stop em too.

I'll stop when either KoRn RULES learns how to debate and engages me in a civilized one, then proves me wrong or admits that he is wrong, or just stops posting altogether.
phantom934

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2004, 06:42:16 PM »

Grin Wink Smiley Kiss  Not a Nazi(Just German and darned proud of it.) Although that is a nickname at school.
Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2004, 03:17:42 PM »

That's the most humane thing you've said this entire thread.

Please shorten your signature.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2004, 03:22:53 PM by Sapphire W34P0N » Logged
Shemaya
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2004, 06:08:47 PM »

I have know idea what they're singing so I really don't listen to them or have any idea what they sing about
Bern

I don't think I'm a llama...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2004, 07:58:08 AM »

Well I'm sure my opinion will go down like a lead balloon here.. but here goes anyway.

From my own experience I can tell you that you must be extrememly careful what musical listening habits you form as a teenager. I got into heavy metal and "dodgy" music as well as lots of other stuff, and being a songwriter and musician, I'm sure you can see why. I used to use the reasoning of "theres no skilled music out there" to justify listening to music that was totally ungodly. I was wrong and foolish to do that. I think the uprising of heavy rock music has been one of the most dangerous things for teenagers since the 60's. All it stands for is the world, and the worlds music, and the worlds values.

There are "Christian" bands who play metal too. I realise this. All this is, is an attempt to immitate the world. Seriously. Most "Christian metal" bands are jsut poor clones of their wordly counterparts and I believe are an insult to God. I personally used to create music like this, and had to repent of it. I invariably discovered that, as much as I pretended otherwise, that music never brought me nearer to God, it drove me away from Him, causing me to be more uncontrollably into the music than anything else. I'm not saying I went mad headbanging etc.. it is often more subtle than that. It promotes within you a heart attitude of rebellion, which ion God's eyes is equal to the sin of witchcraft.

I still like heavy music, and to a degree still have a small amnount in my collection, but as I feel convicted I am getting rid of it, and certainly listen to it far less often than I used to.

When you get rid of stuff though, you have to have something to replace it with, be it a closer walk with God, or other non offensive skilled music. I realise that this is a contravercial topic, and I'll probably be misunderstood and roasted for this opinion, but neverthless, its what I have found to be true in my life.

Romans 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2004, 04:53:01 PM »

I appreciate your ability to present your opinion on this topic without condemning/judging those with opposing views...something I gotta work on, I guess.

Anywho, I'd agree with you, but only to a point. I see lots of older people and teenagers like me who listen to secular music and walk with God as close as people who listen to Christian music or none at all. I think that it depends upon how easily influenced the person is, or how devoted they are, but I think the people you see who turn away from God or don't walk with him at all do so for reasons that are bigger or more prominent than their musical tastes, though it seems to be a frequent "symptom," for lack of a better term.
Bern

I don't think I'm a llama...

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2004, 05:18:27 AM »

I know what you're saying Saphire, and I half agree. If people are not walking with God, then yes there is usually a bigger problem than simply the music they listen to. I also think though that you can't assess whether something is right or wrong by looking at what other people do. Firstly, whats right is not always popular, and whats popular is not always right.. and secondly you don't know their heart. You really don't know what their relationship with God is like beyong the image you see of them.

You described listening to the music in question as a "symptom" and say that it depends how "devoted" they are. Well, with all due respect, I feel that one should not live his Christian life in spite of his interests. Why have somethign in your life that proves a stumbling block to you?

For the same reason I hardly watch TV anymore because its just another way for Satan to directly pump evil thoughts and images into my mind.

The biggest grievance I have is not actually with the secular metal bands.. their music is ungodly, but they do not know the truth, so I don't expect them to have the same opinions and values as me. What does sicken me though is the relatively recent move by Christians towards wordly music. I realise that one can take this a little too far, and on that count I suppose its just a matter of personal conviction, but I feel the Holy Spirit is grived by "Christian  Death metal, black metal, heavy rock" and a few other sorts of music. It imitates the world, and usually poorly at that.

It was mentioned that some bands have "sold out"... why do you think that is? I'm not talking record sales here.. hehe

I believe its because they have stepped into the world when God is saying to Christians:

Revelation 18:4  And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Romans 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2004, 04:39:54 PM »

You described listening to the music in question as a "symptom" and say that it depends how "devoted" they are. Well, with all due respect, I feel that one should not live his Christian life in spite of his interests. Why have somethign in your life that proves a stumbling block to you?

I describe it as a "symptom" because I couldn't think of a more descriptive term. For example, people who turn away from God frequently listen to secular music, but I believe the music itself generally has very little impact on their spiritual decisions. I could be wrong, of course, and this kind of scenario certainly doesn't apply to everyone. It depends on if they raise it above God and make it too much a part of their life. If they can listen to secular music without compromising their walk with God, I don't see much of a problem. They have to keep both things in check, in any case.

Either way, we can agree at least halfway, and I'd say that's about as good as you can get with me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the