Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:42:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Spiritual Attacks
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spiritual Attacks  (Read 887 times)
Philippians 4:13

"A live dog is better then a dead lion." (Ecc 9:4)

View Profile WWW
« on: October 19, 2004, 05:38:03 AM »

Well, I have been being attacked by something I can only describe as purely evil, demonic in nature. These attacks have been occuring mostly at night when I try and lie down to go to sleep. It has happened once during the day when I tried to take a nap, but for the most part, it happens at night. Anyway, if y'all could just pray for deliverance for me, I would be greatly appreciative.

Also, I use chewing tobacco and I really need to quit. Please pray that I have the strength and will power to quit chewing.

Thanx in advance.

Your Brother In Christ,
Robert

[shadow=slategray,left,down]"I would rather live my life as if there is a God, And die to find there isn't, Than live my life as if there isn't, And die to find out there is."[/shadow]  
Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2004, 12:31:38 AM »

When you feel like you are being attacked start reading the bible or pray.  I'm chicken and sometimes pray with my eyes open, but prayer helps.  Just know that you are God's and nothing evil can harm you.  I had it before where the devil would play mind games, but as soon as I read one of the bible verses out of the bible that I liked, the nagging thoughts went away.

I will pray for you.

Love in Christ,
Kris

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Jesus is our first, last and only hope.  Without Him we would be nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2004, 12:46:29 AM »

That's a good idea. I never thought of that. Thanx Kris. I really appreciate it.

Robert

[shadow=slategray,left,down]"I would rather live my life as if there is a God, And die to find there isn't, Than live my life as if there isn't, And die to find out there is."[/shadow]  
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2004, 04:58:47 PM »

Living in the Islands for a few years, I have heard many stories like this one.   I personally have never been physically attacked, but I have certainly been opressed and even felt the presense of evil in the room with me one time.   As silly as this sounds, I walked over and opened the door of the house, and commanded it to leave in the name of Jesus.  I spent the next hour or so praying over my family and home, asking God for protection and making my house off limits to Satan.

Prayer and fasting in extreme cases of fighting evil spirits is mentioned in scripture.   I would encourage you to have the minister of your church pray over you also.   I get angry when I hear the Devil is attacking any child of God.   Take the fight to Him with your brothers and sisters from the Church you are attending.   Let him know you are Gods property.

Will deffinately be praying for you 4:13, that God will deliver you from this torment.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2004, 06:36:17 AM »

I just want to say thank you to all who prayed for me about these spiritual attacks. I did a lot of praying over them myself, and also praying against satan. As of two or three days ago, it's hard to remember as I'm still not sleeping well, I haven't been bothered by these attacks. They seem to have stopped. By the Grace of God, and by all the prayers of my family, friends, you guys and myself they stopped. Thank you all so much. It really helped, and it also helped me realize how powerful prayer really is. Thanx again.

God Bless...
Robert

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2004, 05:35:14 PM »

Praise God!

Thanks for the good report Robert!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the