Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:55:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Election 2004!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Election 2004!  (Read 13765 times)
Tim Vaughan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2004, 02:29:43 PM »

Timmy, You really aren't any good at this mind-reading stuff!

It's ashame, because certain people have an ugly habit of making statements and then running away, like the woman who wont say clearly what our justification for the Iraqi war was, or the guy who thinks Kerry funding stem cell research is bad, but Bush's funding is somehow different in principle.

Now, how can we reach unity this way? I have 7 homeschooled children, the oldest in college, and I want a better country for them.
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2004, 02:43:42 PM »

Timmy, You really aren't any good at this mind-reading stuff!

It's ashame, because certain people have an ugly habit of making statements and then running away, like the woman who wont say clearly what our justification for the Iraqi war was, or the guy who thinks Kerry funding stem cell research is bad, but Bush's funding is somehow different in principle.

Hmmmm.... You've decided to join and jump right in.....

You can't know what ANY of the habits of posters are like - ugly or otherwise.  Smiley

You have no idea of any poster here is guilty of idol-worshipping with Bush.  Smiley

And you have no idea what I think or why. Though why it's suddenly of the utmost importance to you is a mystery. But I don't have a burning need to understand it!  Smiley

There's stem-cell research. And there's embryonic stem-cell research.

"I have concluded that we should allow federal funds to be used for research on these existing stem cell lines, where the life-and-death decision has already been made." ~GW Bush

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2004, 02:51:52 PM »

"[American military personnel in Vietnam] personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, [blew] up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam in addition to...the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country."

John Kerry - 1971 - Congressional Testimony

"There are all kinds of atrocities and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed...."

John Kerry - 1971 - To the news media after his testimony before Congress.

My Note:  At the time, John Kerry was known as "Hanoi John". Now he wants to become the Commander In Chief. There should be NO wonder or amazement that many Vietnam Veterans want to be heard.

Tim Vaughan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2004, 02:52:55 PM »

I place of a thoughtful response, you delete my posts?
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2004, 03:00:40 PM »

"I pledge that those who wore the uniform of the United States of America will have a voice and a champion in the Oval Office."

John Kerry - New Hampshire Primary

My Note:  14 Swift Boat Veterans agree with the above statement.  254 Swift Boat Veterans say that John Kerry is a fraud and "Unfit for Command." I wonder what will be done to silence them.

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2004, 03:00:52 PM »

I can't vouch for the full of thought part with your posts. But I can say they're all still there.  Roll Eyes

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=22;action=usersrecentposts;userid=2700;user=Tim%20Vaughan

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2004, 03:08:03 PM »

"[T]hree Purple Hearts? I mean, the first one whether he ought to have a Purple Heart. He got two in one day -- [Kerry] never bled that I know of. They were all superficial wounds. As far as I know, he never spent one day in the hospital, I don't think he draws any disability pay. He doesn't have any disability. And he's boasting about three Purple Hearts, when you think of some of the people who really got shot up in Vietnam.... Maybe he should apologize to all the other two-and-a-half million veterans who served. He wasn't the only one who was in Vietnam. I think Senator Kerry needs to talk about his Senate record, which is pretty thin. That's probably why he's talking about his war record, which is pretty confused."

Retired Senator Bob Dole - Severely Wounded World War II Veteran

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2004, 03:33:45 PM »

I place of a thoughtful response, you delete my posts?

UM??, now I see your false accusations in several places. Nobody has deleted your posts.

If ADMIN or a moderator deletes one of your posts, I guarantee you will know about it in detail. In fact, I will make sure that everyone knows about it by posting the warning and deletion details publicly.

If you come anywhere close to obeying the forum rules, you won't have to worry about it. I would suggest that you read the forum rules and stop your false accusations.

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2004, 03:41:43 PM »

Welcome back La Vie B!  Now, just to set the record straight...

...if you believe in growing babies to kill for their stem cells...vote for Kerry.

Some of you seem to be bordering on idol worship when it comes to Bush.

Listen, friend, I really want to help you. President Bush signed a law to give money to do research on stem cells. Flinging around silly rhetoric is no substitute for the kind of thoughtful debate that is necessary to get our country back on the right track.

And to the silly remark about the Berlin Wall, the West Germans and Hungarians did much more that Reagan ever did to bring down that wall.

Bush currently supports a ban on abortion, a necessary step for stem cell research.  And Bushes allowances where for some cell stell research.  Kerry is an advocate of partial birth abortion, and stem cell research for our health.  He said that he considers the benefits to far outweigh the consequences.  

Bush is not God.  Nor is he perfect.  But he fears God.  That is evident in his life, and by the fact that the world continually points the finger and claims he's done wrong.  He's standing up for God, and paying the price.  Fortunately God's on his side.

Which side are you on, friend?

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2004, 03:50:02 PM »

As I'm going out of town for the evening for a men's retreat, I figured I'd explain the comment that will undoubtably cause some to be rubbed the wrong way.  Namely, the comment of God being on GWB's side.  Here's my basis for saying so:

He changes times and seasons;
   he removes kings and sets up kings;
he gives wisdom to the wise
   and knowledge to those who have understanding;

Daniel 2:21

God gave us George W. Bush.  He has chosen our way of doing so, but it's God's working.  That puts Him on his side.  BTW, if God so choses to set up Kerry, pray for His mercy.  We'll be getting what we deserve.  But regardless, it will be God's chosing and working.

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2004, 04:17:23 PM »

Allinall,

AMEN BROTHER!!  You really said it all. I will pray daily for our leaders, regardless of who is elected.

Brother, have fun on the men's retreat. I hope that God blesses all who attend.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Kalthzar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2004, 04:21:59 PM »

Arn't the powers of the president restricted in part by the Senate to? so in that case whos got the majority?

Oh and tim if your posts are really getting deleted PM your post to someone and they can post it for you, if it is against forum rules they'll prob tell you, if not someone else will back you up...etc

Hey thats a thought what do you guys think of Tony Blair?

"Men speak of killing time when time slowly killing them"
"We make war that we may live in peace"
"Practical politics consists in ignoring the facts"
"Everyone's quick to blame the Alien"
"Multiplication vexes me, Division is as bad, The ru
artputey

Godless heathen

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2004, 03:46:42 PM »

I'm not sure if it's some other complaint, but I think this thread is causing me actual physical harm.

I know what you're going to say but why, oh,why is Bush on God's side, or more moral or whatever you seem to think he is. To be honest, I'm sure you're right about some points on Kerry, but I really don't think this is a sensible way to do politics.
Meh, I'm not sure this is making sense. I'm not very good at eloquently putting my point across, and neither am i going to make any of you think about things either. Oh well

I've got no hands to tie behind my back
And I'm sparkin' like a heart attack
artputey

Godless heathen

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2004, 03:47:38 PM »

Oh yes, and Ann Coulter is the Devil incarnate

I've got no hands to tie behind my back
And I'm sparkin' like a heart attack
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2004, 05:07:00 PM »

Oh yes, and Ann Coulter is the Devil incarnate

Grin There are many people who don't like Ann Coulter's blunt truth, especially ultra liberals. Thanks for the laugh.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the