Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:55:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  What now?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What now?  (Read 998 times)
Pixie

LLPHPG ~ Live Long, Play Hard, Praise God

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2004, 06:41:49 PM »

Hello Everyone!! Once again, I come to you with a prayer request.
   My mother is an alcoholic. I’m kind of her “I’ll take it out on you” doll. Well, for about the past month, I’ve been staying with a friend of mine.
   About a month ago, my mother and I have a huge arugment. She twisted my words, and then said that you knew I didn't love her anymore!! I do though, I really love my mother!!
   To day a women that works with my mother and I where taken’. She said that my mother had been saying’ that she wanted me to come back home, and this that and the other! Well... I went to the church tonight for an hour and prayed. I mean I cried my eyes out. I am at the end of my rope.
   If I continue to stay with my friend so much (I haven’t moved in w/ her, I’m just always over there) I’m going to continue hurting my mother by being gone. HOWEVER... If I start staying’ @ home like I used to, I’m going to be getting’ fussed at, and what not when ever my mother has been drinking.
   My dad refuses to admit that there is a problem, and my sister just over looks it! (However, she isn't liven' @ home anymore)
   I don’t know what to do anymore!!! Please be praying’ for peace in my house, and for my mother to get her drinking under control. I can’t cry anymore!!!

Thanks,
   Pixie

Until,
   Claudia
aka Pixie
felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2004, 01:05:53 AM »

Praying for you and your mother!
Pixie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2004, 02:41:31 AM »

My dad and I just had a little conference!!! Which ended up being the hardest talk I think I’ve ever had with my father!!!? I thought about some things and finally started to wonder if my dad REALLY knew how bad my mother was drinking. Tonight, I called him in my room and told him that I was sorry for mama fussen’ @ him!! (She fussed @ dad, cause he said something to me that she didn't think he should of said, but had every right!!) Well, he said that it wasn’t a big deal and no one was mad blah blah blah. Then I told him that I was sorry for not being here, but that I didn’t want to be around mama’s drinking anymore. He looked @ me and said “she isn’t drinking anymore” I said “bull feathers” and walked him to the kitchen and showed him a new bottle (to add to the story, I saw a diff bottle that was 1/8  full around 5ish)
   I finally got the courage to ask him what I’d been wanting to ask him for some time now… I looked @ him, dead in his eyes, and said “Have you thought about leaving her?” he said “more then once” I said “Are you?” He wouldn’t give me a straight answer. Finally he said “If she doesn’t go get help, I will”
   Maybe I shouldn’t of asked him that, but I had to know!! Now, I’m sitting here, thinking, if he does leave her, would it be because I pointed out the bottle to him. He thought she had stopped, I thought he knew that she was still drinking!!! I'm worried! I've spent a LOT of time on my knees this week @ my church!! I'm scared to talk to my mother, cause everything I say she takes the wrong way, takes it out of context, or twists my words. I don't know what to do anymore!!!

Until,
   Claudia
aka Pixie
Philippians 4:13

"A live dog is better then a dead lion." (Ecc 9:4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2004, 06:31:06 AM »

Pixie, as I read that last post, I really felt compelled to just get on my knees and pray for you. I'm sorry that things are a little "rough" at home (I use the word rough lightly as I don't know the whole situation and don't wanna offend). But remember, and this is what is helping me with the things I am fighting with right now, God is with you and your family.

Things will turn out the way God intends for them to turn out. I want you to know that I am praying for you, your dad and the hard decision he faces, and for your mom and her drinking problem. Make sure you don't let your relationship with God suffer because of someone else's mistakes. I see that so far it hasn't. That's good that you are deep in prayer a lot about this whole thing. That will help. In the end, things'll work out. Maybe not the way you had planned or intended, but the way God planned AND intended!

My Prayers Are With You,
Robert

[shadow=slategray,left,down]"I would rather live my life as if there is a God, And die to find there isn't, Than live my life as if there isn't, And die to find out there is."[/shadow]  
Pixie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2004, 10:30:04 PM »

Robert, Smiley
 I want to thank you for your prayers, and your encouraging words. It’s a blessing to know that your prayers are with me!!! Thank you so much!!!

N-Him,
   Pixie

Until,
   Claudia
aka Pixie
SeekHim78

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2004, 11:23:24 AM »

Pixie ~
Lifting you and your family in prayer. I pray everything works out for the best.

God Bless,
Faith

Jesus said, "Come onto me, all you who are weary and heavy burdened, and I will give you rest."
~ Matthew 11:28
Pixie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2004, 09:44:36 PM »

Hey Guys! I have a question! Ya know I told ya that I was stayen’ with a friend of mine while all this stuff blew over with my mom? Well, the women I was stayen’ with, called me to the alter today, and prayed with me. Then she started to cry, and told me after church that it had become a burden on her as well. I never meant for it to become a burden on her, and I think that this whole thing has hurt and upset her!! What would you suggest I do???

-Pixie

Until,
   Claudia
aka Pixie
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the