Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:01:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Whatever Means Necessary
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Whatever Means Necessary  (Read 5798 times)
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2004, 06:25:11 PM »

Article on Hal Linsey's site

Whatever Means Necessary

In the aftermath of Election 2000, angry partisan Democrats vowed to do everything in their power to make the Bush presidency a failure and to defeat him in 2004 "by whatever means necessary."

In the process, they've managed to undermine voter confidence in our election system to the degree that the State Department has asked the Europeans to monitor this election for fairness. They've managed to convince voters that the election isn't fair because the voting machines are suddenly too complicated for old people and minorities.

There have been endless stories about Florida this year and how to avoid a "repeat of Election 2000" by improving the voting system.

While nothing is idiot-proof, old people and minorities managed to elect Bill Clinton twice using the same equipment. It didn't need to be overhauled until it somehow misfired and elected George Bush instead. No matter how many times they recounted, George Bush still got more votes than Al Gore. Therefore, there must be something wrong with the voting equipment.

Nothing appears to be above exploitation. John Kerry even dedicated a speech he delivered on Monday to the late actor Christopher Reeve. Kerry said he knew the "Superman" actor for about 15 years through family and dedication to the same causes, and said Reeve left him a long voice-mail on Saturday thanking him for campaigning on the possibilities of a cure for conditions like his.

It had been originally reported that Reeve died on Sunday after slipping into a coma on Thursday following complications from treatment for a bed sore. After John Kerry's speech, reports of Reeve's death were changed to remove the reference to Thursday in order to make it possible for Reeve to call John Kerry and leave a long message for him on his answering machine on Saturday night. Evidently, Kerry didn't know about the "coma" part until after the speech, but his well-oiled damage-control team was already on it.

A blogger on Free Republic provided one example of the "before and after" media manipulation that kept John Kerry from having another "Christmas in Cambodia" moment like the ones that keep coming up every time he tries to exploit the dead.

And if exploitation, media manipulation and outright lies don't work, how about voter intimidation? GOP Chairman Marc Racicot issued, as part of a GOP press release, a copy of a letter he sent to the president of the AFL-CIO. As of yesterday morning, the only place you can read it is a website in Spain.

In it, Racicot asked organized labor to end its campaign of violence against Bush-Cheney political offices and Bush supporters. Among the incidents cited by Racicot:

A coordinated labor protest at more than a dozen campaign and party headquarters across the country.

In one protest in Orlando, the office was vandalized and one campaign worker had their arm broken in the melee.

In Canton, Ohio, a Bush-Cheney '04 staffer was forced to lock herself in an office while another break-in was in progress.

Gunshots were fired into Bush-Cheney '04 offices in West Virginia, Florida and Tennessee, windows broken in West Virginia and campaign staffers threatened.

In Wisconsin, a supporter of the president had a swastika burned into his front yard simply because he had a Bush-Cheney '04 lawn sign.

Disinformation, voter fraud, organized violence, outright lies, exploitation and media manipulation. Those were the principle tools used by the Nazis to bring Hitler to power in 1933 Germany.

But this isn't 1933, and this isn't Germany. That stuff doesn't work here. This is AMERICA!

Or, it used to be.

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 04:48:59 AM »

More good info Bro, THANKS

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2004, 05:58:10 PM »

2nd Timothy,

Brother, thanks for sharing this with us. I've recently heard blatant and bold lies from the mouth of Kerry. The man has no morals or ethics and will do literally anything to get elected.

Another sad fact is the liberal mainstream media that has made it painfully clear they will also do anything to get the Christian out of the White House.

This is a dark and evil time of one shock after another. CBS plotted and planned the biggest lie ever to manipulate voters and get their candidate elected. This kind of behavior from an old and trusted network is an example of just how dark and evil this old world has become. The Democratic Party is also an old and trusted institution. I would have never dreamed they would run with a platform of same sex marriage and abortion. What is happening in America??? Is it the devil trying to remove God from our country??? Is this a preview of the end times, OR is this the end times???

Did America Forget?:

John 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Colossians 3:17  And whatsoever ye do in word of deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Psalms 113:4  The LORD is high above all nations, and his glory above the heavens.

Psalms 127:1  Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.

Psalms 115:13  He will bless them that fear the LORD, both small and great.

Psalms 124:8  Our help is in the name of the LORD, who made heaven and earth.

Isaiah 5:20  Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Psalms 37:23  The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.

Psalms 33:12  Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.

Psalms 32:10  Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the LORD, mercy shall compass him about.

Romans 12:21  Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Psalms 9:17  The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

Pastor Roger
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2004, 08:03:37 PM »

All the more reason for Christians to Unite.

At present there are more Christians in the U.S. than any other religion or non-religion put together. Put aside our differences in denominational beliefs and unite in this common cause. We as Christians must get off of our laurels and take a Stand for God and our country before it is to late.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2004, 12:29:52 AM »

Pastor Roger,

You are correct. Christians can and should unite. I don't know how many of the polls the news spouts resemble the truth. One recent poll indicates that millions of Christians don't vote, nor are they registered to vote. If this is true, it would simply be another example of silent Christians allowing the devil full freedom without opposition. There will come a time when the Restrainer will be removed, and the devil will roam completely free. That time has not come yet, and Christians should be standing up. Many of the most mighty warriors in history were Christians, and it is far past time for Christians to put on the whole armor of God and fight.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pastor Roger
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2004, 01:03:59 AM »

Blackeyedpeas,

I agree that devil has not been loosed yet. Even if he were it would not matter. Christians still should unite to fight the evil of this world.

I am not talking about violence as reported in the original post in this thread but we do need to take action.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2004, 01:26:34 AM by Pastor Roger » Logged
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2004, 08:47:43 AM »

But this isn't 1933, and this isn't Germany. That stuff doesn't work here. This is AMERICA!

Or, it used to be.

Undecided Ouch!

Great article, though!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2004, 10:58:08 AM »

Blackeyedpeas,

I agree that devil has not been loosed yet. Even if he were it would not matter. Christians still should unite to fight the evil of this world.

I am not talking about violence as reported in the original post in this thread but we do need to take action.

Pastor Roger,

Brother, I hope that my post didn't come accross as suggesting violence. I was talking about standing up, speaking boldly, and proclaiming Biblical teaching.

However, there may come a time when we must defend our families. I hope that time isn't now.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pastor Roger
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2004, 11:31:03 AM »

Blackeyedpeas,

No, I didn't read any indication of violence in comments. I just wanted to make sure that no one thought I was abdicating such. As for defense I am all for that. Defense of ourselves, our families, our country and all people. Having been prior military, I am a realist that force is sometimes necessary to maintain our freedoms and to protect others and sometimes that means going as far as war.

Yes that time will come.
Kalthzar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2004, 12:57:51 PM »

you know you guys over in america seem to get about as much spin as we do on what you read...

"Men speak of killing time when time slowly killing them"
"We make war that we may live in peace"
"Practical politics consists in ignoring the facts"
"Everyone's quick to blame the Alien"
"Multiplication vexes me, Division is as bad, The ru
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2004, 11:28:00 AM »

you know you guys over in america seem to get about as much spin as we do on what you read...

Kalthzar,

There isn't much spin about 9-11 and Americans being killed around the world.

There isn't much spin about how the people of Israel live and die every day. That's the reality of terrorism.

There isn't much spin about innocent men, women, and children being kill around the world. That's the reality of terrorism.

Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2004, 11:47:02 AM »

For undecided voters (and anyone who thinks John Kerry is fit for command):

Perhaps the most instructive question that can be asked regarding the upcoming presidential election is this: Given the chance, would Saddam Hussein, Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi, Osama bin Laden, Kim Jong-Il, Mohammad Khatami, Moammar al-Ghadafi and Hu Jingtao vote for A) George Bush, or B) John Kerry? How would Jacques Chirac, Gerhard Schroeder and Kofi
Annan vote? If you answered "B," put a big shiny star by your name.

Now -- for whom (and with whom) are YOU voting?

(The above comment is from The Federalist Patriot No. 04-40. The Patriot is the most widely subscribed e-journal on the Internet. Get your subscription today -- it's FREE by e-mail.  Link to --
http://FederalistPatriot.com/subscribe/

Tim Vaughan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2004, 01:06:16 PM »

Brother, thanks for sharing this with us. I've recently heard blatant and bold lies from the mouth of Kerry. The man has no morals or ethics and will do literally anything to get elected.

Another sad fact is the liberal mainstream media that has made it painfully clear they will also do anything to get the Christian out of the White House.

There doesn't seem to be any difference between the candidate in the first paragraph, and as for the second, FOX is mainstream, and is very Republican. MSNBC is slightly left, but is probably the most balanced of the big media outlets.

As far as whether Bush and/or Kerry is a Christian, I'll not judge, but the people running our foreign policy, the neocons, don't even claim to be Christian. Wolfowitz, Perle, Feith, etc.. are Jewish. Which isn't necesarily wrong, but it just shows we need to look at the big picture when deciding on who to vote for, or whether to abstain from this coming election.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2004, 01:51:18 PM »

"I think the debate over same-sex marriage is getting hung up over the word 'marriage,' and I don't want anything to stand in the way of providing gay men and lesbians full and equal protections under the law."

John Kerry

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2004, 01:54:04 PM »

"I'm opposed to the death penalty in the criminal justice system because I think it's applied unfairly."

Johny Kerry

My Note:  What about the millions of innocent babies who have been and are being murdered? John Kerry is the strongest supporter of legalized abortions. He's already said that pro abortion will be a litmus test for any judge he appoints as President. He's already said that he will protect Roe vs. Wade at all costs. He's also fought for a juvenile's right to abortion without parental notice or consent. Should Christians be concerned that taxpayer dollars already pay for many abortions?

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the