Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:27:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  what's wrong with voting Kerry?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: what's wrong with voting Kerry?  (Read 13538 times)
Saved_byChrist

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2004, 06:37:37 PM »

I'm just wondering...
I'm sure most of you support Bush, right? But...why? I think he's done a terrible job these past four years. I understand that  he's pro-life and angainst gay marriage...but I mean, so? Don't get me wrong- I DEFFINATLEY pro-life, and don't support being gay either. It's just....well, Bush can't change the fact that abortion is leagol- that's not up to him. The congress and supreme court are the main people you have to convince. And Bush tried to outlaw gay-marriage, but it coiuldn't get passed...you have to look at other issues! Someone could have the best values and be the most religious person you've ever heard of! Yet they could also be the worst president America has ever seen. Just becuase they have good values doesn't mean that they're the right person to lead our nation.I think that Kerry-Edwards would make better leaders for the nation.

My mom for example, says that if the person is pro-life, they're
a good, Christian person most-likey, and will make better political dicisions...I think that's quite a *stretch* and a lot to conclude over just one belief. Yet, she thinks that by my "not standing up for pro-life, I'm "supporting abortion".  ....this makes me mad. I mean, I have reasons for not
supporting Bush! I don't think that God will be disapointed in me because I vote for a candidate who's pro-choice. I don't think that's a sin, but so many people tell me "it makes no sence to be pro-life the way you are, then support Kerry- you're a hypacrit!" I don't see how people can make a
candidates religious points of veiw the #1 or only thing they vote by! But I don't think that means thet they're the right
person to lead the nation...right?

Anyway, what do you think?

Terrorists have killed 3000 Americans since 1990.....Abortionists have killed 4000 Americans since yesturday.

God gave us 86,400 seconds a day. Have you taken one to say 'thank you'?
Talmadge

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 07:02:45 PM »

Look at all the MORAL issues and where he stands on them.

Angry
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 12:03:36 AM »

Angry
Ditto

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 04:04:43 AM »

Where to begin?? Undecided
Some random thoughts.....

A lot of people agreed with your thought process and that's what got us Clinton.  Lips Sealed

Integrity is important for the man who will lead our country.

Kerry is known for saying what he thinks people want to hear.

Here's some thoughts from others. Think about them in reference to the candidates and see if Kerry 'fits'....  Smiley
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Character is what you are in the dark." ~Dwight L. Moody

"It's not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are." ~Roy Disney

“Character is the inward motivation to do what is right,
whatever the cost.” ~Interna'l Assoc. of Cities of Character

"What you are thunders so that I cannot hear what you say to the contrary." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Character is always lost when a high ideal is sacrificed on the altar of conformity and popularity." ~Charles Spurgeon

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare.” ~Mark Twain

"The foundations of our national policy will be laid in the pure and immutable principles of private morality." ~George Washington, First Inaugural
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And a very important consideration is the fact that the President is also the Commander-in-Chief of our military.

So even without the issues of abortion and gay marriages, I'm still for Bush.... Smiley

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2004, 04:21:45 AM »

More....

"Kerry is becoming infamous for his ability to take both sides of issues. His most glaring is:

1. Voting for the Iraq war.
2. Voting for $87B in war funding.
3. Voting against the same $87B in funding for the war.
4. and then complaining that the soldiers did not have the body armor to be provided by the $87B appropriation.
And amazingly

5. Kerry accused Dean of flip-flopping on the war issue....

There are a number of good sites and articles which expand on his 'dynamic' positions. I do not wish to duplicate other's efforts. I will only say, "See for yourself".
http://www.sportsmenforkerryedwards.com/flipflop.htm

If all of this seems confusing, don't worry. There is a single, underlying theme to his support. He supports what the audience of the moment supports. Ultimately, his stands are a reflection of audience positions and not personal belief. Knowing what he truly believes can only be seen in his votes, maybe."

Smiley

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2004, 04:39:40 AM »

sincereheart, you get "FOUR"Thumbs UP for both of your messages Grin

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2004, 05:49:37 PM »

I'm just wondering...
I'm sure most of you support Bush, right? But...why? I think he's done a terrible job these past four years. I understand that  he's pro-life and angainst gay marriage...but I mean, so? Don't get me wrong- I DEFFINATLEY pro-life, and don't support being gay either. It's just....well, Bush can't change the fact that abortion is leagol- that's not up to him. The congress and supreme court are the main people you have to convince. And Bush tried to outlaw gay-marriage, but it coiuldn't get passed...you have to look at other issues! Someone could have the best values and be the most religious person you've ever heard of! Yet they could also be the worst president America has ever seen. Just becuase they have good values doesn't mean that they're the right person to lead our nation.I think that Kerry-Edwards would make better leaders for the nation.

My mom for example, says that if the person is pro-life, they're
a good, Christian person most-likey, and will make better political dicisions...I think that's quite a *stretch* and a lot to conclude over just one belief. Yet, she thinks that by my "not standing up for pro-life, I'm "supporting abortion".  ....this makes me mad. I mean, I have reasons for not
supporting Bush! I don't think that God will be disapointed in me because I vote for a candidate who's pro-choice. I don't think that's a sin, but so many people tell me "it makes no sence to be pro-life the way you are, then support Kerry- you're a hypacrit!" I don't see how people can make a
candidates religious points of veiw the #1 or only thing they vote by! But I don't think that means thet they're the right
person to lead the nation...right?

Anyway, what do you think?
We have had five republican Presidents and two democrats since Roe versus Way, (abortion law). We now have had a republican controlled congress for several years and yet the law is not reversed.  Hmmmmm??

The law was enacted through the verifications of Nixon, (republican),  appointed supreme court members during Nixon's tenure in office. Yet democrats get all the blame when in reality both parties are guilty of upholding a law that allows the murder of newly conceived humans.

It is my understanding that Kerry is pro choice for others but personally does not believe in abortion. Hmmmm??

Has Bush ever taken a stand on it? Perhaps, but he is not using his influence with his republican controlled congress. I say boot them all out and see where the next bunch would take us.

If it be God's will.

ollie
« Last Edit: October 08, 2004, 05:51:55 PM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
Saved_byChrist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2004, 06:40:03 PM »

And a very important consideration is the fact that the President is also the Commander-in-Chief of our military.

I know- and that's not helping either.... Wink

I just don't really like anything that Bush has done!

He's giveing the rich tax breaks, he supports outsourcing and is giving these companies billions of dollars to help them, I think he rushed into war, he makes up soo much of the stuff he says about Kerry (not that everything Kerry says in neccesarily true...), habeing Cheney the #2 man deffinatley is no plus...the list goes on and on.

I like Kerry, and just don't see why lots people are voting Bush for the main reason of his values. (In one poll I saw, 15% of his supporters were voting Bush due to his faith/values.)

Terrorists have killed 3000 Americans since 1990.....Abortionists have killed 4000 Americans since yesturday.

God gave us 86,400 seconds a day. Have you taken one to say 'thank you'?
digme
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2004, 02:39:38 AM »

Angry

are you sure you can back this up? I gave a very elaborate answer for this in the Vote(long one) forum.  I AM NOT REFERING BY the WAY to WHERE KERRY STANDS ON THEM.  I AM REFERING TO THE QUESTION IMPLIED IN THE QUESTION: THAT QUESTION IS THIS:

Does morality penetrate in society when it becomes a fabric of legistlation in government?  Is that where the root anchor for morality and values is founded?  After you answer this question then i think it is fair enough to start talking about where kerry stands or NOT, - IE IF WE CALL OURSELVES CHRISTIANS... IF you are not, then you can raise the question without the implied preceeding question, because you wouldn't know any better foundation to dig to the grass root problem.
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2004, 06:30:12 AM »

I know- and that's not helping either.... Wink

How do those who serve in the military feel about him? Wouldn't that be a better question?  Smiley

The last 'real' job I had was interesting. My 'boss' there was a very intelligent, outspoken, Christian man who lost his job due to unfounded gossip and rumors based on political correctness. The irony was that when I was subpoenaed, the lawyers didn't listen to any answers I gave. They were only listening for what they wanted to hear.   Lips Sealed

So the question I have is: Are you military?  Wink

ChristNcharge

Here I stand; I can do no other. God help me. Amen

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2004, 05:57:25 PM »

There is literally no definite way to know for sure, based on faith, which candidate is better.  There are many issues that they differ on dramatically – and depending on what issues are closest to your heart… you may have a different perspective.  
     Of course, abortion is a major issue for many Christians (myself included) and one of the deciding factors for many.  However, the Bible is fairly ambiguous or unclear about the issue of abortion… and there is certainly debate within the Christian community about whether or not abortion itself is sinful.  
     Specifically, if an anti-Christian law is proposed, we should all be warned and look to the Word for an answer… but in ordinary matters, we are able to vote freely… as long as we take the time and effort to listen to the Holy Spirit who speaks the truth to us all – if we only listen.
     A very important issue for me (I am a OIF veteran, recently come home) is the “situation” in Iraq.  You may have another issue that motivates you to "question."  Whatever the case, listen carefully my brothers and sisters… carefully indeed.  The freedom and right to vote is truly a blessing (believe me) and we should exercise it with study and respect.

May the Peace of Christ be with you.

Jaime

Jaime McKnight
Bible-Believing
Christian for Life
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2004, 04:53:09 AM »

Ollie Said:

Has Bush ever taken a stand on it? Perhaps, but he is not using his influence with his republican controlled congress. I say boot them all out and see where the next bunch would take us.

Brother Ollie,

President Bush is the only President since Roe vs. Wade to take the bull by the horns and give it his best shot. He actually got bills to a vote, something that nobody expected would happen. He almost got it done, and he hasn't given up.

Ref. ending abortion, no politician can come anywhere close to what Bush has tried and done. If you guessed that Kerry opposed what Bush tried to get done, you would be right. Kerry and fellow ultra-liberals were mad-dog opponents of many things President Bush tried to get done. If you want to see a new bunch get something done, get rid of the ultra-liberals in the House and the Senate, and don't put one in the White House.

Love In Christ,
Tom

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2004, 06:04:19 AM »

A very important issue for me (I am a OIF veteran, recently come home) is the “situation” in Iraq.  You may have another issue that motivates you to "question."  

My post was responding specifically to the "Commander in Chief" part.  Smiley

You weren't National Guard, were you?

Berean_

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2004, 01:23:46 PM »

There will be a new Supreme Court Judge appointed within the next four years, for sure. Do you want a liberal one who will vote for abortions, plus every other liberal cause? Or do you want a conservative judge who will protect life and vote consevative on matters that come before the court?

You must vote for Bush if you want to see abortions stopped, and lives saved. Kerry will vote for a judge who is in favor of abortions and every other liberal cause. Because Kerry IS a liberal. Bush is not.

Berean_

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2004, 01:39:47 PM »

I want you to seriously consider this in your hearts. This is not said in a mean way. But really ponder this for a moment.

Think what kind of a heart a person would have to have, what kind of thinking a person would have to have, what an unattachtchment to others a person would have to have if he could rape a woman, not one but many. Think about the terror that poor woman would be going through and the heartlessness of that man...the coldness, the wickedness of his heart. For power he did this, this is how he could feel power, by shaming and hurting the helpless.

Then think what kind of a person could shoot and kill young children and women for the sport of it. An evil person one with the same traits as above.

Who could cut off heads and ears? Barbaric isn't it...yet this is what John Kerry himself said HE did personally!

Out of his own mouth...he said he did these things!

If he can do these things, if he has that dark and wicked of a heart...I could never trust him. He is cold and calculating. He is evil.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the