Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:27:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  If You Could Ask God One Favour...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: If You Could Ask God One Favour...  (Read 2322 times)
Bronzesnake
« on: October 01, 2004, 03:48:50 PM »

If God told you that He would grant one request, what would you ask?

I would ask Him to destroy all military machinery and the knowledge to manufacture it.

This is obviously hypothetical...God will do much of what we ask on this topic at the end anyway. I just want to get an idea of what bothers, or frightens us most...I think.

Bronzesnake.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 04:11:02 PM »

I would ask God to..................

Take all pain and suffering out of the world. Those of us that suffer from pain, everyday know what I mean by this. Those of you that don't suffer pain everyday, chances are you may not know.

Christ is Love.
DW

Reba
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2004, 04:19:15 PM »

1 Kings 3:5

5 In Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon in a dream by night: and God said, Ask what I shall give thee.
KJV...

1 Kings 3:9

9 Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people?
KJV...

1 Kings 3:11-14

11 And God said unto him, Because thou hast asked this thing, and hast not asked for thyself long life; neither hast asked riches for thyself, nor hast asked the life of thine enemies; but hast asked for thyself understanding to discern judgment;

12 Behold, I have done according to thy words: lo, I have given thee a wise and an understanding heart; so that there was none like thee before thee, neither after thee shall any arise like unto thee.

13 And I have also given thee that which thou hast not asked, both riches, and honour: so that there shall not be any among the kings like unto thee all thy days.

14 And if thou wilt walk in my ways, to keep my statutes and my commandments, as thy father David did walk, then I will lengthen thy days.
KJV
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 04:56:56 PM »

I'd ask Him to come get me.

†† Guided by God ††
Hurting

Trying to learn

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2004, 06:52:01 AM »

I'd ask him, why he created people that were so vile as to commit horrific acts such as peadophilia, rape and murder.
I mean, he created us didn't he?

Also, I'd ask him to make me eternally happy, or reply to my prayers.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2004, 09:29:53 AM »

I'd ask Him to come get me.

My thoughts exactly.  Well put.   Smiley  All else is but for a moment...

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2004, 08:02:39 AM »

Asking him to come get me, would be right up there on the top of the list for sure..... Cheesy

But knowing that He is going to do that anyways, I think I would ask Him to make me a perfect conduit of His Love, and be an invincible wittness for Him   Smiley

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2004, 09:03:44 PM »

Asking him to come get me, would be right up there on the top of the list for sure..... Cheesy

But knowing that He is going to do that anyways, I think I would ask Him to make me a perfect conduit of His Love, and be an invincible wittness for Him   Smiley

Grace and Peace!

I'd ask Him to come get me - NOW - I mean  Smiley (I am not a very patient person  Grin )

Gracey

but, I love this too....
I think I would ask Him to make me a perfect conduit of His Love, and be an invincible wittness for Him

†† Guided by God ††
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2004, 09:42:03 PM »

I'd ask for the "wisdom of Solomon".
 Smiley

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Homeskillet

God Rocks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2004, 11:19:17 PM »

I would ask God to..................

Take all pain and suffering out of the world. Those of us that suffer from pain, everyday know what I mean by this. Those of you that don't suffer pain everyday, chances are you may not know.

Christ is Love.
DW

Romans 8:18
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

May God make your days more bearable in this life. I can't imagine suffering everyday, but just said a prayer for you and wanted you to know that. God bless.

"To believe that the God of heaven and earth calls me beautiful, well, I think I could rest in that. If I truly knew that He was smitten with me...The desperate search would be over. I would be noticed. Desired. Known."~~Angela Thomas
Bronzesnake
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2004, 02:15:01 PM »

I'd ask him, why he created people that were so vile as to commit horrific acts such as peadophilia, rape and murder.
I mean, he created us didn't he?

Also, I'd ask him to make me eternally happy, or reply to my prayers.

He didn't create us to be that way my friend. He did create us with free will, and we chose to go against Him.

The real question here should be...Why doesn't He just wipe us out? Why did He offer Himself as an innocent sacrifice, to die a painful, humiliating death at our hands? and for what purpose?...to give us a way out - to give us a chance to be forgiven and totally washed of our sin, and an opportunity to be with Him eternally, even though we don't deserve it - all we really deserve is death.

So if you really are hurt, you have a comforter who will take away that pain, and allow you to be happy...not hurt. The only hitch is that you must accept Him first my friend.

Bronzesnake
Reba
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2004, 02:46:06 PM »

I'd ask for the "wisdom of Solomon".
 Smiley

HE IS  ALIVE       HE IS  ALIVE      HE IS  ALIVE !

Sulfurdolphin

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2004, 11:27:49 PM »

Well i could say i would not want the wisdom of Solomon that is wayyyyyyyyy to much responsibilities also the more you know the more you wish you never knew because of the possibilities of such disasters and wars and etc... Also the more you know the less happy you are in life.

I would ask God if my GrandMa is in Heaven and who's Mansion is next to mine could you imagine living next door to Job or Mary or Samuel or Paul or Amos LOL that would be kewl.

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2004, 06:58:47 AM »

If You Could Ask God One Favour...
I'd ask Him to show me just what it is that He sees in me that He thought was worthy to suffer so  Sad ....

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2004, 10:18:14 PM »

Hmm.  

I think I'd ask for humility, or humbleness.

In Numbers it says Moses was the most humble of all men( and even he grew angry and struck the stone twice, costing him access into the Promised Land).

Now the man Moses was very meek, more than all men that were on the face of the earth. Numbers 12:3    Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the