Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:29:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Men's Rights and Status Today
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Men's Rights and Status Today  (Read 2014 times)
BlackmanX

View Profile WWW
« on: September 20, 2004, 08:36:35 PM »

There  is  rampant  sexism   on  tv.

Men  are  pushed  around,  ridiculed  and   loathed  as  well  as   openly  discriminated  against  and  no  one   seems  to  think  it  is  wrong.     Don't   believe   me  ?    Look  at  any    commercial   and  you  will  see  a  woman  acting  smart  and  the  man   acting   like  a   really  dumb   person.      

I  call  this   Anti-Male   Bias.

This  is  evident    in   other  areas    as   well.    In  divorce  cases,   the  woman   always  gets  the  kids  and  the   man   has  to  pay  for  them   even  when  she  won't  allow  him   to  see  them.    A   woman   can   falsely  accuse  her  man   of   assault  and  cops  will  arrest   him   and   automatically  assume  he  is  guilty.

Women  who  assault  men    walk  away  with  a   wrist  slap.    Men  who  do  the  same  are  locked  up.    Violence   Against   Women  is  wrong  ?   Violence  against    ANYONE   is  wrong  !!!!!     Men  and  women  should  have   Equal   Rights    AND    Responsibilities.    At  all  times.     Not   just  when  it  suits  them.

There  are  a  lot  of  resources  available  for  Battered   Women.   All  1.7  million  of  them  (so  they say).  

What  about  Battered   Men  ?

Some  men  do  get  battered  by  their  wives  or  girlfriends.  These  men  have  no  one  to  turn  to.   The  cops and  prosecutors   will  not  help  them.    There  are  no  shelters  for  Battered  Men.    The  world  doesn't  believe  they  exist.

Also,   there are  more  women  than  men  on  college campuses.  

Boys are  not  doing  well  psychologically (lots  of  anti  male bias   in  the  system  plus  lack  of  positive  MALE  role  models)   or   academically  so  that  could explain  it.

http://michnews.com/artman/publish/article_4596.shtml

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/jamieson/177711_robert14.html

http://www.glennsacks.com/mysterious_decline_where.htm

These  are  matters  concerning  every  man  or  boy  and  matters   that  should  concern  any  woman  who cares  about  a  male  sibling,  partner  or  child.  

what  are we  going  to  about  it  ?
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 12:13:22 AM »

I do know of shelters for Battered Men. Theres one not far from where I live. A woman was arrested for spouse abuse, last week. He is in the shelter and she is in jail.

Your friend and brother in Christ.
DW

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 07:25:02 AM »

There is a problem! Not to underestimate nor diminish the reality of abused women in any way - but there are abused men and it's not just a few here and there!

Here's an intersting link that touches on other abuses encountered by many dads:
http://fact.on.ca/Info/pas/turkat95.htm

From the introduction:
A divorced man gains custody of his children and his ex-wife burns down his home. A woman in a custody battle buys a cat for her offspring because her divorcing husband is highly allergic to cats. A mother forces her children to sleep in a car to "prove" their father has bankrupted them. These actions illustrate a pattern of abnormal behavior that has emerged as the divorce rate involving children has grown.

Today, half of all marriages will end in divorce (Beal and Hochman, 1991). The number of children involved in divorce has grown dramatically (e.g., Hetherington and Arastah, 1988) as well. While the majority of such cases are "settled" from a legal perspective, outside the courtroom the battle continues.

The media has spent considerable effort raising public awareness about the problem posed by divorced fathers who do not provide court ordered child support payments. Hedges (1991) has noted that less than 20% of divorced fathers provide child support payments three years after their divorce. Research on the decline of women's economic status following divorce (e.g., Hernandez, 1988; Laosa, 1988) has contributed to recent legislation to address the "Deadbeat Dad" problem.

While the media correctly portrays the difficulties imposed upon women and children by the "Deadbeat Dad" phenomenon, the cameras have yet to capture the warfare waged by a select group of mothers against child support paying, law abiding fathers. Every day, attorneys and therapists are exposed to horror stories in which vicious behaviors are lodged against innocent fathers and children.

Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2004, 07:47:15 AM »

There  is  rampant  sexism   on  tv.

Men  are  pushed  around,  ridiculed  and   loathed  as  well  as   openly  discriminated  against  and  no  one   seems  to  think  it  is  wrong.     Don't   believe   me  ?    Look  at  any    commercial   and  you  will  see  a  woman  acting  smart  and  the  man   acting   like  a   really  dumb   person.      

I  call  this   Anti-Male   Bias.

about commercials...just call me dear abby and let me say my canuck loonies worth  Grin

advertisements make women look smart alright...like martha stewart with a whisk broom...I mean come on how many "real" women clean house with every hair in place while dressed in their sunday best and singing and dancing...endless parade of ads portray us this way, and for the men who think we can be  that smart, heres a reality check...most of us clean while still in our rumpled yesterday sweats looking like philllis diller and with crinkled up noses talking to themselves whilst asking where does all the dust come from...ergo we all get ads dont protray normalcy...anyone who thinks they do can stop by and visit my house anytime  Grin

I call commercials anti-human bias!  Angry

k I return your thread barely the worse for wear from my lil rant  Grin

mens status in my house is still top notch!  Wink

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2004, 10:07:35 PM »

Men don't have rights.  Whatever gave you that idea??

Huh

Grin
BlackmanX

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2004, 06:35:00 AM »

Met  any  Feminazis  lately  ?  How  about  those  gender-biased  cops  who  automatically  assume  man  equals  abuser and woman  equals  victim  ?    This  anti-male  bias  is  what   I  have  vowed  to  fight  until   I  die.  peace.
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2004, 06:46:40 AM »

Met  any  Feminazis  lately  ?  How  about  those  gender-biased  cops  who  automatically  assume  man  equals  abuser and woman  equals  victim  ?    This  anti-male  bias  is  what   I  have  vowed  to  fight  until   I  die.  peace.

I've met many Feminazi's!  Wink But it's not just them.... Most everyone assume the man did it! Seems to be that most think women aren't capable of doing bad things.... Roll Eyes
Wrong is wrong no matter what the gender!

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2004, 06:55:52 AM »

Men don't have rights.  Whatever gave you that idea??

Huh

Grin

TRUE   Grin

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2004, 08:57:04 AM »

The fact is there are abused in all walks of like...men, women, children, seniors, disabled....the works. Parents abusing children, children abusing parents, siblings abusing siblings.

I don't like to see focus on one particular group. All people are important, and none should suffer abuse. When we live in that perfect world God has prepared for us, there will be none.

thank you, Jesus.

Gracey

†† Guided by God ††
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2004, 10:13:36 AM »

The fact is there are abused in all walks of like...
Absolutely!  Smiley

I don't like to see focus on one particular group.
I agree! However, I also don't like to see any group excluded when it does exist!  Smiley

Luke O

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2004, 08:28:37 AM »

Its just the trend of the decade i think.  The whole 'girl power' movement, stagnateing now though.  Women and men should be treated completely even, its as simple as that really.

Same with race, not matter what colour someone is it should be 50-50.  Although in Britain race is going a bit too far, being accused of being racist is becoming like the olden time salem witch trials WITCH! WITCH!. Grin Grin Grin Lips Sealed

hheehehe this is probably going off topic now.

Xith

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2004, 02:19:55 PM »

I agree, it should all be even.  We are all humans, and should treat each other that way.
BlackmanX

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2004, 07:19:37 PM »

Today,  on  the  bus  I  met  a  guy  named  Leroy.  He  had  bandages  all  over.   He  told  me  that  his  ex-fiancee   was a  violent  woman  who  attacked  him.   She  went  to  jail.   He  is  now  homeless  and  can't  take  care  of  their  daughter Tina so  he  had  to give  her  up  for  adoption.   The  new adoptive  parents  are  nice  people  and  they  let  Leroy  visit  his  child.

I  felt  bad  for   Leroy  and  gave  him   the  following  web  address.   www.safe4all.org  an   organization  that  helps  the  most  under-served  victims  of   Domestic  Violence....Men  !!!!!

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2004, 08:22:59 AM »

I agree, it should all be even.  We are all humans, and should treat each other that way.

We should all treat each other respectfully.... However, there are differences in genders; and I, for one, am glad it's so!  Cheesy

Why do people try and fight that?  Huh I don't want to be a man and my husband most assuredly doesn't want to be a woman!  Wink Balance is good!

And to continue with the digression -- animals seem to be smarter than humans in this instance. I can drive by a pasture and at a glance tell which is male and which is female. The babies are always nearest the mother.... Wink

BlackmanX

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2004, 05:17:25 PM »

Amen  !!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the