Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:39:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Meat is Murder
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Meat is Murder  (Read 14174 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: December 12, 2004, 11:47:31 PM »

This is only one fallacy among many.  My point is that not everything in the Bible is true.  Try examining the reality of the situation.  Let no preconceived notions cloud your judgment.
Now I see where you are coming from. You are not a real Christian. If you were a true Christian, you would know. The Bible, is the words of God. NOT the word of man.

felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 12, 2004, 11:48:20 PM »

Remember, at one time “the church” (excuse my ignorance of historical Christian terms) thought the world was flat (and again excuse my ignorance as to how to format passages).  You will see evidence of this in the Bible itself:
Isaiah 11:12, 40:22 and 40:28, Ezekiel 7:2, Daniel 2:35 and 4:10, Matthew 4:8, Revelation 1:7 and 7:1.

This is only one fallacy among many.  My point is that not everything in the Bible is true.  Try examining the reality of the situation.  Let no preconceived notions cloud your judgment.

When I came across those verses I did not come to the same conclusion as you. How do those verses support the earth being flat? You say that we have preconceived notions; I think you have preconceived notions...or whoever showed you those verses and gave you the interpretations of them.

To come out with the conclusion that the bible says the earth is flat from those verses, you would have to be going in the preconceived desire to prove the bible is wrong.

Please point out any other contradictions in the bible you see.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2004, 11:56:34 PM by felix102 » Logged
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 12, 2004, 11:50:32 PM »

That is enough for me today, there are far too many misinformed things to reply to.  If anyone wishes to put a question to me, feel free to do so.

Roll Eyes  Just one - Since you won't be using it, could I have your A-1 Steak Sauce? Pardon the pun, but the nonsense about not eating meat is a load of baloney, and you are the one distributing it. If you have any Biblical reference for your baloney, post it.

All we need to do is give thanks for what God has provided for us to eat.

Bronzesnake
« Reply #138 on: December 13, 2004, 11:17:56 PM »

banana quote...
Remember, at one time “the church” (excuse my ignorance of historical Christian terms) thought the world was flat (and again excuse my ignorance as to how to format passages).  You will see evidence of this in the Bible itself:
Isaiah 11:12, 40:22 and 40:28, Ezekiel 7:2, Daniel 2:35 and 4:10, Matthew 4:8, Revelation 1:7 and 7:1.

Isa 40:22 [It is] he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof [are] as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Bronzesnake
BananaBreadwithJC

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 14, 2004, 12:11:25 AM »

I suppose I will end my side of this issue.  Apparently logic, reasoning and universal compassion are not tools I am allowed to use.

However, a few things:  

a)  Please, stop.  Plants can not feel pain.  Even if they could, a vegetarian diet would save many more plants from destruction (not to mention they are not sentient).  

b)  Bronzesnake -- two things -- first, a circle does not denote a sphere -- second, the Beatles rock  Grin .

Have fun, people.  I wish you all to be free from suffering.  
Bronzesnake
« Reply #140 on: December 14, 2004, 12:47:28 AM »

I suppose I will end my side of this issue.  Apparently logic, reasoning and universal compassion are not tools I am allowed to use.

However, a few things:  

a)  Please, stop.  Plants can not feel pain.  Even if they could, a vegetarian diet would save many more plants from destruction (not to mention they are not sentient).  

b)  Bronzesnake -- two things -- first, a circle does not denote a sphere -- second, the Beatles rock  Grin .

Have fun, people.  I wish you all to be free from suffering.  

I must disagree with you that plants can not feel pain...How can you know that? Please read "The Secret Life of Plants" and research the latest studies on the subject - then you might be able to make a better assessment.

My friend, the Bible is accurate, and reliable - it is 100% true.
I am a logical, intelligent person ( if I do say so myself ) and I did not come to believe in the Bible lightly. I studied the Bible, as well as evolution and creation science for years. I studied other major religions also. I came to an educated conclusion that evolution could not, and did not occur - that all other religions have serious contradictions and fallacies - that the accounts in the Judeo/Christian Bible could be corroborated by science, archaeology and historical documentation - both secular and non-secular. That Jesus Christ was an historical person. That Jesus Christ was God in the flesh. That Jesus Christ performed the miracles which are attributed to Him in the Bible. That Jesus Christ was crucified and died on the cross, and was seen alive by many eye witnesses including over 500 people at one time.

One of the most important things I came to understand was the reality of satan, and the awesome power and evil influence that he has over mankind. he is the reason so many otherwise logical, intelligent people such as yourself, can not come to see the Truth of the Bible, and instead choose to believe in explanations which on the outside, are far more unimaginable and unrealistic than any Bible account - evolution is a big one. There are also scores of other people who take parts of the Bible as truth, and disregard other parts. How can one discern Truth from lies if this is the case? This is how we legitimize and propagate our sins - if our lifestyles clash with Biblical doctrine we simply disregard that portion of the scriptures, and that makes us free to continue making Godless choices. How could God chastise or judge anyone for any sin if He wasn't powerful, or smart enough to get His book 100% correct and see to it that it remained that way until the end? Imagine if our laws were that ambiguous? "oh sorry judge, I though it was legal to smoke crack - other laws were written down wrong, so I assumed this one was also" Think about it my friend...God has warned us, He has given us a perfect manual. If we choose to disregard it then we have only ourselves to blame for whatever consequences we must face in the end.

I do agree with you on one thing...The Beatles do rock!!

Take care...

Bronzesnake.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2004, 12:50:19 AM by Bronzesnake » Logged
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: December 14, 2004, 12:54:59 AM »

Please, stop.  Plants can not feel pain.  Even if they could, a vegetarian diet would save many more plants from destruction (not to mention they are not sentient).  
I see you didn't read back in the thread, oh well.

Yes plants do feel pain.

Here is the link

Scientists Prove Plants Feel Pain, Vegans Face Starvation

DALLAS--Research scientists at Baylor Medical Center have proven that plants, including vegetables, feel pain when subjected to trauma such as being yanked out of the ground, peeled, cooked, and eaten. "Veggies and plants initiate a massive hormone and chemical barrage internally when they suffer any kind of injury," says professor Barry Lindzer. "This response is akin to the nerve response and endorphin release when an animal is injured. We cannot ignore the similarities." When Tarnish asked professor Lindzer and his research team what they thought this finding might mean, they responded unanimously, "Nobel prize, baby!"

Other agencies, namely People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals and the sum total of the world's hard-core vegetarians (known as vegans) registered formal complaints against the research. Their team of lawyers has already submitted a motion to have the results of the research destroyed or sealed. Others fear the damage has already been done. A spokesman for PETA said, "This is bad for us. Most of our members haven't eaten anything since hearing about the results. Our lawyers are looking into suing Mother Earth for false advertising, but concede that the suit will probably be inconclusive. In the meantime we'll be surviving on vitamin supplements and water."

In an ironic related story, a dozen PETA protesters picketing the Hungry Carnivore Steak House in New York City were allegedly assaulted by three patrons of the restaurant. Eyewitnesses say that the picketers were making their typical nuisance display of scorn and righteous indignation over the willful consumption of "the flesh of murdered animals" outside the Hungry Carnivore when two unidentified men and a woman stepped out of the establishment and sprayed the picketers with several gallons of what appeared to be blood. Victims and bystanders alike were surprised to discover that the liquid was actually V-8 juice. The truly shocking result of the alleged attack was the reaction of the picketers. All of the PETA protesters were wracked with convulsions and suffered hours of dry heaves while many of the bystanders merely laughed. This reaction within vegetarianism's great bastion of faith has many true believers reconsidering their dietary requirements. Others are quietly making funeral arrangements and the Environmental Protection Agency is considering declaring vegans an endangered species.

Resting in the Lord's arms.
Bob

gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 14, 2004, 04:32:13 AM »

Eat what ever .But everything has bad stuff they put in it .But the bible does say ?your weaker if you do not eat meat ?But I think ?What ever makes you happy .As I believe we can eat pretty much anything .because I believe ?HE KEEPS ME .

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 14, 2004, 05:17:22 AM »

Right On Gary,

"Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or what so ever ye do, do all to the glory of God. " (I Cor 10:31).

We will be having a LARGE Ham in 11 Days, Merry Christmas
Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Bronzesnake
« Reply #144 on: December 16, 2004, 01:35:59 PM »

Right On Gary,

"Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or what so ever ye do, do all to the glory of God. " (I Cor 10:31).

We will be having a LARGE Ham in 11 Days, Merry Christmas
Smiley

Ham!!!

What about Turkey Lurkey Loo???

Bronzesnake
« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 01:41:52 PM by Bronzesnake » Logged
Marv

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 16, 2004, 07:08:11 PM »

From the NASB:

Rom 14:1 Now accept  the one who is weak  in faith, but not for the purpose of passing judgment on his opinions.
Rom 14:2 One  person has faith that he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats vegetables only.
Rom 14:3 The one who eats is not to regard with contempt the one who does not eat, and the one who does not eat is not to judge the one who eats, for God has accepted him.
Rom 14:4 Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

And:
Rom 14:13 Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather determine this--not to put an obstacle or a stumbling block in a brother's way.
Rom 14:14 I know and am convinced in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself; but to him who thinks anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
Rom 14:15 For if because of food your brother is hurt, you are no longer walking according to love. Do  not destroy with your food him for whom Christ died.
Rom 14:16 Therefore do not let what is for you a good thing be spoken of as evil;
Rom 14:17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
Rom 14:18 For he who in this way serves Christ is acceptable to God and approved by men.
Rom 14:19 So then we pursue the things which make for peace and the building up of one another.
Rom 14:20 Do not tear down the work of God for the sake of food. All things indeed are clean, but they are evil for the man who eats and gives offense.
Rom 14:21 It is good not to eat meat or to drink wine, or to do anything by which your brother stumbles.
Rom 14:22 The faith which you have, have as your own conviction before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves.
Rom 14:23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and whatever is not from faith is sin.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the