Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:14:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Meat is Murder
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Meat is Murder  (Read 14270 times)
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: November 15, 2004, 02:12:01 AM »

People who refuse to eat or use ANYTHING that comes from animals because its just exploiting animals.   Roll Eyes

They believe it is immoral to use animals for our own benifits of any kind. "We" are more advanced and civialized and so do not need animals for "living".  The ones that stick to it all the way are often under nurished and have to take tons of supplements.  They only eat organically grown veggies (no chemical at all very expensive) and everything else is fake (like them) I mean synthetic.  The even eat special salt and stuff.  It's mind boggling really.  It always seems more like a sick obsession than anything else.  It takes so much energy to live on a daily basis you can't do much else.  I guess until you are fully used ot it and all.

It was a big thing when I was in college.  I had a few aquaintences that were vegan.  I used to tease them like crazy.  I was most assuredly obnoxious as can be towards them.  I used to tell them is was because they just needed some cause and it was cool.  There was a music style that went with it back then too (granted not everyone fits in here but at the time and age bracket...).  Extremely loud heavy metal type of music with lots of screamming.  I used to tell them they were all screaming cuz they all really wanted a nice juicy steak and were malnurished.

I would also make a point to eat meat in front of them ALL the time whether it was beef jerky or a burger.  I of course would ALWAYS offer them some.  Just being gracious after all.  The best was to eat something like Ribs of Chicken wings and relish the fact that I was tearing the flesh off of bone.  I'd make it as gross as possible to while telling them how good it was and the satisfaction of "gnawing" on flesh. hehehe I was such a jerk.     Embarrassed Lips Sealed Tongue

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: November 15, 2004, 02:45:13 AM »

So a vegetarian won't eat meat but a vegan won't eat anything that has to do with animals?  Undecided

More burgers for me!  Grin

I used to tell them they were all screaming cuz they all really wanted a nice juicy steak and were malnurished.
ROFL!  Lips Sealed

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: November 15, 2004, 02:53:55 AM »

So a vegetarian won't eat meat but a vegan won't eat anything that has to do with animals?  Undecided

More burgers for me!  Grin

I used to tell them they were all screaming cuz they all really wanted a nice juicy steak and were malnurished.
ROFL!  Lips Sealed

Not only not eat but not wear or use.  Clipping lambs is just as evil to vegans as eating them.  So you can have more wool sweaters too.   Wink

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: November 15, 2004, 03:14:58 AM »

Even clipping lambs?  Lips Sealed
Now if only I could afford those sweaaters!  Grin

So does that mean that they can't have any medical procedures done that were ever tested on animals first?  Wink

Kalthzar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 15, 2004, 11:17:35 AM »

What and let themselves die?

I think you overestimate them....

"Men speak of killing time when time slowly killing them"
"We make war that we may live in peace"
"Practical politics consists in ignoring the facts"
"Everyone's quick to blame the Alien"
"Multiplication vexes me, Division is as bad, The ru
Rhys

The chief end of man is to glorify God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: November 15, 2004, 06:23:07 PM »

Few of our domestic animals would exist if they weren't raised for meat, wool, milk, etc.

Farmers make their living raising them to sell as food, but few could afford to keep them just as pets.

The of course there were those murderous Jews, who sacrificed animals on a regular basis at the Temple for no other purpose than to deal with sin. This would include Jesus, I expect, for though he didn't sin he was Jewish and followed Jewish practices..

My blog: http://rhys02.blogspot.com/
My website: http://tkrice.tripod.com/

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths Prov. 3: 5,6

Member in good standing: Rednecks for Jesus
Talmadge

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2004, 10:05:54 AM »

Seems like someone should read their Bible before inserting foot. God provided for man ever since Eden (the stomach);There some verses worth looking up on man -animals of the earth. The person who started this originally should base his decesions on the Bible and not some "singing group".
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2004, 11:38:26 AM »

Act 10:10  And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,
Act 10:11  And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:
Act 10:12  Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
Act 10:13  And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.
Act 10:14  But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.
Act 10:15  And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

Rom 14:2  For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
Rom 14:3  Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

Praise and Thanks to God for the meat that I am about to eat.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 16, 2004, 02:33:06 PM »

Act 10:10  And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,
Act 10:11  And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:
Act 10:12  Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
Act 10:13  And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.
Act 10:14  But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.
Act 10:15  And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

Rom 14:2  For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
Rom 14:3  Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

Praise and Thanks to God for the meat that I am about to eat.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEN!!!!

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2004, 04:14:44 PM »

Pastor Roger,

A Second AMEN BROTHER!!

I give thanks that God has provided so many things for the nourishment of our bodies. It is simply another time to give thanks to God before we eat.

Love In Christ,
Tom

BananaBreadwithJC

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 12, 2004, 08:12:54 PM »

The stench of ignorance hangs heavy in the air.

Originally posted by anduril:  Every hear a fruit or vegatable cry? Probably not however, life is life and fruits and vegatables are life. Lets stop eating all together so everything else on the planet can live.

Though any loss of life, whether it be a plant or animal, is lamentable.  However, if one would do even minimal research, one would find that eating a plant-based diet is in fact causing much less harm and loss of life than a meat-inclusive diet.

First, plants do not feel pain and are incapable of suffering.  Second, what do you think all of those animals eat?  Plants!  Depending on the animal, anywhere from 3 to 20 (roughly) pounds of plants have to be consumed in order to produce a single pound of nutritionally inferior meat.

We should not all commit suicide because we want to harm nothing.  We should, though, seek to cause minimal harm through our actions.  A vegan diet is obviously the superior choice.

Originally posted by anduril:  I personally could not go without meat or fish. There are natural nutrients that you can't get ...unless you take supplements. Even then, supplements are more expensive and they cant cover everything a good salmon or steak provides your body.

Yes, you could, you are just ignorant to the facts.  Every nutrient except for Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D can be supplied by plant based foods.  Vitamin D is synthesized by the skin from contact with the sun (20 minutes a day on only the hands and face provide enough), and vitamin B12 requirements can be more than easily met with supplements and fortified foods.  Some plants actually do have B12 on them, but our hygienic practices usually wash all of it off of our plant food sources.

Here is an interesting quote:
"It's bizarre, really: You take a crop like soy, oats, corn, or wheat, products high in fiber and complex carbohydrates, but devoid of cholesterol and artery-clogging saturated fat. You put them into an animal and create something with no fiber or complex carbohydrates at all, but with lots of cholesterol and saturated fat. It makes about as much sense to take pure water, run it through a sewer system, and then drink it."
--- Bruce Friedrich, director of vegan outreach, PETA

Just for the record, 99.9% of all plant-based foods are low in fat and all are devoid of cholesterol.  Some basic research would show that a vegan diet is superior in every way to a meat-inclusive diet.

Originally posted by anduril:  What I find humerous about people who tell you how to eat is they rarely, if ever tell you how to exercise. They have people believing that its mostly the eating habbits will make you healthier. Atleast 30min Exercise a day on whatever eating habit you choose to go with is half the battle.

Let’s use some common sense:  if you have a low intake of fat and cholesterol, is rigorous exercise even necessary to make sure you counteract their negative effects on your body?

For the record, again, most plant-based foods are very low in fat (and even lower in saturated fat) and possess no cholesterol.  Also, carbohydrates (the single most efficient fuel for your body) are plentiful in many plant-based foods and non-existent in animal products.  Same with fiber.

We didn't work our way to the top of the food chain to just eat  fruits and vegatables  

Honestly though, eat what makes your body feel good. Just be sure to exercise too!

Please.  The ‘food chain’ is merely a concept thought up by humans in order to justify their immense conceitedness and evil ways.  Keep hiding behind the “natural, meant-to-be” fantasy.

Not to mention that just because you have the ability to do something, does not mean you should do it.  

Yes, just eat whatever satisfies your taste buds and feels good in the short term, no matter how many were brutally slaughtered for it or the deadly negative effects it will have on you and the biosphere later.  It’s all about you right now.

At least we can agree on the exercise.

Originally posted by Luke O:  One huge injustice that i have found out, and something that i really don't understand personally is, say someone killed a man and ate him, that person would be jailed for life, in some places sentenced to death.  But if he ate any other animal that is deemed socially and globally acceptable....it's a crazy world.

It is called racism.

Originally posted by Saved_4ever:  Humans are omnivores which means we eat everything.

Only if we choose to.  How primeval of you.

Originally posted by Saved_4ever:  Did you know that ALL plants move away from you when you go to pick them?  I suppose since they're mute it doesn't count to you.

Really?  Please produce some credible scientific evidence.

And no, their lack of screams mean nothing.  I consider killing and eating fish to be wrong, and they are mute.  The point is whether or not they are capable of suffering and feeling pain.  

Originally posted by Saved_4ever:  I love it when a vegan tells me about murder and exploytation of animals while they wear some nice leather shoes.

They are certainly hypocrites, then.

Originally posted by Kalthzar:  Could i point out that vegetarians are at the very least hypocrites as they still use animal products. So for instance they drink milk, only the cows can produce milk, and since the farmer can't use all the bulls (some will be needed to maintain the populations), most are killed for meat. So a vegetarian actually helps support the farmer too.

Indeed.  While vegetarianism is a good start, in that stage of evolution alone it is still hypocrisy.

Originally posted by sincereheart:  For those of us ignorant meat-eaters.... what's the difference between a 'vegan' and a 'vegetarian'?

A vegetarian does not eat animal flesh.  They usually consume eggs and dairy, though.  Sometimes “vegetarians” eat fishes and chickens and somehow still consider themselves vegetarians.  I would go with my original definition.  “Pollo-vegetarian” or “Pisce-vegetarians” are not vegetarians.

Vegans abstain from the consumption of anything produced from the exploitation of animals.

As for the rest of you:  check the credibility of the Bible and then tell me why you base your decisions on it.  If you are still convinced that this book has all of the answers you need, think about this:  does “God” really want you to act so violently toward other creatures on Earth?

That is enough for me today, there are far too many misinformed things to reply to.  If anyone wishes to put a question to me, feel free to do so.
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 12, 2004, 08:32:28 PM »

"The stench of ignorance hangs heavy in the air."

The cure for the stench is take a bath,  preferably with soap made with animal blubber  Tongue

oh and while your soaking, think about this:  Would God really give a person who didnt believe anything He says, all the answers for  His poor misinformed children?  Roll Eyes

In case you get stuck, the answer is NO  Tongue

"That is enough for me today, there are far too many misinformed things to reply to."

ROFL! not a wee bit FULL OF YOURSELF now are you  Roll Eyes

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2004, 08:39:24 PM »

I eat Meat, Beef, ham, Chicken, even Fish AKA Sea food, Ooopsy and Pizza Yum Yum!!

God Gave us all these to eat and enjoy!

BananaBreadwithJC

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 12, 2004, 11:17:57 PM »

Originally posted by Shylynne:  
The cure for the stench is take a bath,  preferably with soap made with animal blubber

No.

oh and while your soaking, think about this:  Would God really give a person who didnt believe anything He says, all the answers for  His poor misinformed children?

“God” gave me no “answers”.  I have conducted much research on this topic and found the best conclusion based on ratiocination of the current facts.  All on my own.  

How about a hypothetical situation?  Let’s say the discoverer of penicillin was an agnostic, or an atheist, or a Satanist, or a Muslim, or a Buddhist.  Would you not believe/use his/her findings, although science and medicine has proven him correct?

Remember, at one time “the church” (excuse my ignorance of historical Christian terms) thought the world was flat (and again excuse my ignorance as to how to format passages).  You will see evidence of this in the Bible itself:
Isaiah 11:12, 40:22 and 40:28, Ezekiel 7:2, Daniel 2:35 and 4:10, Matthew 4:8, Revelation 1:7 and 7:1.

This is only one fallacy among many.  My point is that not everything in the Bible is true.  Try examining the reality of the situation.  Let no preconceived notions cloud your judgment.

ROFL! not a wee bit FULL OF YOURSELF now are you

Not at all (though it certainly appeared so).  Just an explanation as to why I didn’t go through this entire thread.  People will pick on the lamest things to try to discredit an argument.

‘Ignorant’ and ‘misinformed’ should not be perceived as insults.  Rather, I am pointing out that the reality is much different from what many in this thread are touting.  

Please disprove me.  I would love to know that this reality is much more perfect than it seemingly is.

Originally posted by MsGuidedAngel:  
God Gave us all these to eat and enjoy!

I disagree.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: December 12, 2004, 11:43:45 PM »

Though any loss of life, whether it be a plant or animal, is lamentable.  However, if one would do even minimal research, one would find that eating a plant-based diet is in fact causing much less harm and loss of life than a meat-inclusive diet.

First, plants do not feel pain and are incapable of suffering.  Second, what do you think all of those animals eat?  Plants!  Depending on the animal, anywhere from 3 to 20 (roughly) pounds of plants have to be consumed in order to produce a single pound of nutritionally inferior meat.
There are people out there that can't eat plant fiber. Have you ever heard of Cronis? I think you better check back in the thread. It has benn proven that. Plants do feel pain.

Really?  Please produce some credible scientific evidence.

And no, their lack of screams mean nothing.  I consider killing and eating fish to be wrong, and they are mute.  The point is whether or not they are capable of suffering and feeling pain.
Again, you need to check futher back in this thread.

As for the rest of you:  check the credibility of the Bible and then tell me why you base your decisions on it.  If you are still convinced that this book has all of the answers you need, think about this:  does “God” really want you to act so violently toward other creatures on Earth?

That is enough for me today, there are far too many misinformed things to reply to.  If anyone wishes to put a question to me, feel free to do so.

Hello troll Grin

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the