Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:16:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Adam
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adam  (Read 9155 times)
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2003, 10:05:56 AM »

So this is what Adam felt like, before Eve was created--no one to talk to.

Covenant

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2003, 02:32:09 PM »

Hello, I am new but have been reading this forum for a while. I hope someone else replies so I can have something to read on my lunch break. Cool
Sower

Romans 8:31-39

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2003, 03:12:54 PM »

Hello, I am new but have been reading this forum for a while. I hope someone else replies so I can have something to read on my lunch break. 8)

Congratualtions to the admin team for restoring this forum. I guess most of those who were participants are still under the impression that this forum is under repair. However, let's praise the Lord for enabling those who administer this board to cause it to be up and running. Perhaps a notice on other similar boards might help bring back the former participants.

As to Adam, he was quite busy naming all the animals to think about his own condition. It was the Lord, in His grace and mercy, who said *It is not good that man should be alone*.  We tend to forget that that statement not only applied to Adam, but had a future application to the Son of Man, who is the Son of God. The Church is Eve in final fulfillment.

Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father, and Jesus Christ our Lord. 1 Timothy 1:2
Covenant

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2003, 03:17:23 PM »

Greetings Sower, I have enjoyed reading your post in the part as well as some others. I enjoy being in communion with the host of you.
p.s. I think (or hope) Symphony meant that as a joke.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2003, 08:04:11 PM »

"What did I do now?"
Sower

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2003, 10:11:57 PM »

Nothing serious. You were just musing about lonely Adam. You know, there's a lot of information in those first two chapters that has been deliberately concealed by the Lord, just like the first 30 years of the Lord's life. Irenaeus (the early church *father*) speculates about how Eve handled her temptation better than Adam, but finally succumbed.

Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father, and Jesus Christ our Lord. 1 Timothy 1:2
Early57

It is me

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2003, 06:47:19 AM »

I do not understand how anyone can think that God would conceal important information in His word.  In Daniel he hid some thing's, but the hidden things were not even written, only a reference to them is made and not written down.  It is as simple as reading His word to find the message right there in front of your face.  

He used types and symboles, that would be seen in the New Testament, but not a sercret message for only certian people to find.
a7304757

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2003, 12:49:30 PM »

If you like to read about Adam, here is a helpful site:
http://www.theindivisiblelight.com/chapter3.html
quote:
Paradise is still in existence, but it is utterly impossible for man to reach it. I have seen that it still exists in all its splendor. It is high above the earth and in an oblique direction from it, like the dark globe of the angels fallen from heaven.
          I saw Adam created, not in Paradise, but in the region in which Jerusalem was subsequently situated. I saw him come forth glittering and white from a mound of yellow earth, as if out of a mould. The sun was shining and I thought (I was only a child when I saw it) that the sunbeams drew Adam out of the hillock. He was, as it were, born of the virgin-earth. God blessed the earth, and it became his mother. He did not instantly step forth from the earth. Some time elapsed before his appearance. He lay in the hillock on his left side, his arm thrown over his head, a light vapor covering him as with a veil. I saw a figure in his right side, and I became conscious that it was Eve, and that she would be drawn from him in Paradise by God. God called him. The hillock opened, and Adam stepped gently forth. There were no trees around, only little flowers. I had seen the animals also, coming forth from the earth in pure singleness, the females separate from the males.
          And now I saw Adam borne upon high to a garden, to Paradise.
          God led all the animals before him in Paradise, and he named them. They followed him and gamboled around him, for all things served him before he sinned. All that he named, afterward followed him to earth. Eve had not yet been formed from him.
          I saw Adam in Paradise among the plants and flowers, and not far from the fountain that played in its centre. He was awaking, as if from sleep. Although his person was more like to flesh than to spirit, yet he was dazzlingly white. He wondered at nothing, nor was he astonished at his own existence. He went around among the trees and the animals, as if he were used to them all, like a man inspecting his fields.
          Near the tree by the water arose a hill. On it I saw Adam reclining on his left side, his left hand under his cheek. God sent a deep sleep on him and he was rapt in vision. Then from his right side, from the same place in which the side of Jesus was opened by the lance, God drew Eve. I saw her small and delicate. But she quickly increased in size until full grown. She was exquisitely beautiful. Were it not for the Fall, all would be born in the same way, in tranquil slumber.
          The hill opened, and at Adam’s side arose a crystalline rock, formed apparently of precious stones. At Eve’s lay a white valley covered with something like fine white pollen.
          When Eve had been formed, I saw that God gave something, or allowed something to flow upon Adam. It was as if there streamed from the Godhead, apparently in human form, currents of light from forehead, mouth, breast, and hands. They united into a globe of light, which entered Adam’s right side whence Eve had been taken. Adam alone received it. It was the germ of God’s Blessing, which was threefold. The Blessing that Abraham received from the angel was one. It was of similar form, but not so luminous. Eve arose before Adam, and he gave her his hand. They were like two unspeakably noble and beautiful children, perfectly luminous, and clothed with beams of light as with a veil. From Adam’s mouth I saw issuing a broad stream of glittering light, and upon his forehead was an expression of great majesty. Around his mouth played a sunbeam, but there was none around Eve’s. I saw Adam’s heart very much the same as in men of the present day, but his breast was surrounded by rays of light. In the middle of his heart, I saw a sparkling halo of glory. In it was a tiny figure as if holding something in its hand. I think it symbolized the Third Person of the Godhead. From the hands and feet of Adam and Eve, shot rays of light. Their hair fell in five glittering tresses, two from the temples, two behind the ears, and one from the back of the head.
ctd.
a7304757

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2003, 12:52:44 PM »

I have always thought that by the Wounds of Jesus there were opened anew in the human body portals closed by Adam’s sin. I have been given to understand that Longinus opened in Jesus’ Side the gate of regeneration to eternal life, therefore no one entered heaven while that gate was closed.
          The glittering beams on Adam’s head denoted his abundant fruitfulness, his glory, his connection with other radiations. And all this shining beauty is restored to glorified souls and bodies. Our hair is the ruined, the extinct glory; and as is this hair of ours to rays of light, so is our present flesh to that of Adam before the Fall. The sunbeams around Adam’s mouth bore reference to a holy posterity from God, which, had it not been for the Fall, would have been effectuated by the spoken word.

Adam stretched forth his hand to Eve. They left the charming spot of Eve’s creation and went through Paradise, looking at everything, rejoicing in everything. That place was the highest in Paradise. All was more radiant, more resplendent than elsewhere.
          In the centre of the glittering garden, I saw a sheet of water in which lay an island connected with the opposite land by a pier. Both island and pier were covered with beautiful trees, but in the middle of the former stood one more magnificent than the others. It towered high over them as if guarding them. Its roots extended over the whole island as did also its branches, which were broad below and tapering to a point above. Its boughs were horizontal, and from them arose others like little trees. The leaves were fine, the fruit yellow and sessile in a leafy calyx like a budding rose. It was something like a cedar. I do not remember ever having seen Adam, Eve, or any animal near that tree on the island. But I saw beautiful noble looking white birds and heard them singing in its branches. That Tree was the Tree of Life.
          Just before the pier that led to the island, stood the Tree of Knowledge. The trunk was scaly like that of the palm. The leaves, which spread out directly from the stem, were very large and broad, in shape like the sole of a shoe. Hidden in the forepart of the leaves, hung the fruit clustering in fives, one in front, and four around the stem. The yellow fruit had something of the shape of an apple, though more of the nature of a pear or fig. It had five ribs uniting in a little cavity. It was pulpy like a fig inside, of the color of brown sugar, and streaked with blood-red veins. The tree was broader above than below, and its branches struck deep roots into the ground. I see a species of this tree still in warm countries. Its branches throw down shoots to the earth where they root and rise as new trunks. These in turn send forth branches, and so one such tree often covers a large tract of country. Whole families dwell under the dense foliage.
          At some distance to the right of the Tree of Knowledge, I saw a small, oval, gently sloping hill of glittering red grains and all kinds of precious stones. It was terraced with crystals. Around it were slender trees just high enough to intercept the view. Plants and herbs grew around it and they like the trees bore colored blossoms and nutritious fruits.
          At some distance to the left of the Tree of Knowledge, I saw a slope, a little dale. It looked like soft clay, or like mist, and it was covered with tiny white flowers and pollen. Here too were various kinds of vegetation, but all colorless, more like pollen than fruit.
          It seemed as if these two, the hill and the dale, bore some reference to each other, as if the hill had been taken out of the dale, or as if something from the former was to be transplanted into the latter. They were to each other what the seed is to the field. Both seemed to me holy, and I saw that both, but especially the hill, shone with light. Between them and the Tree of Knowledge, arose different kinds of trees and bushes. They were all, like everything else in nature, transparent as if formed of light.
          These two places were the abodes of our first parents. The Tree of Knowledge separated them. I think that God, after the creation of Eve, pointed out those places to them.
          I saw that Adam and Eve were little together at first. I saw them perfectly free from passion, each in a separate abode. The animals were indescribably noble looking and resplendent, and they served Adam and Eve. All had, according to their kind, certain retreats, abodes, and walks apart. The different spheres contained in themselves some great mystery of the Divine Law, and all were connected with one another.
          I saw Adam and Eve walking though Paradise for the first time. The animals ran to meet and follow them, but they appeared to be more familiar with Eve than with Adam. Eve was in fact more taken up with the earth and created things. She glanced below and around more frequently than Adam. She appeared the more inquisitive of the two. Adam was more silent, more absorbed in God. Among the animals was one that followed Eve more closely than the others. It was a singularly gentle and winning, though artful creature. I know of none other to which I might compare it. It was slender and glossy, and it looked as if it had no bones. It walked upright on is short hind feet, its pointed tail trailing on the ground.. Near the head, which was round with a face exceedingly shrewd, it had little short paws, and its wily tongue was ever in motion. The color of the neck, breast, and under part of the body was pale yellow, and down the back it was a mottled brown very much the same as an eel. It was about as tall as a child of ten years. It was constantly around Eve, and so coaxing and intelligent, so nimble and supple that she took great delight in it. But to me there was something horrible about it. I can see it distinctly even now. I never saw it touch either Adam or Eve. Before the Fall, the distance between man and the lower animals was great, and I never saw the first human beings touch any of them. They had, it is true, more confidence in man, but they kept at a certain distance from him.
          When Adam and Eve returned to the region of shining light, a radiant Figure like a majestic man with glittering hair stood before them. He pointed around, and in few words appeared to be giving all things over to them and to be commanding them something. They did not look intimidated, but listened to him naturally
ctd
a7304757

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2003, 12:55:18 PM »

When he vanished, they appeared more satisfied, more happy. They appeared to understand things better, to find more order in things, for now they felt gratitude, but Adam more than Eve. She thought more of their actual bliss and of the things around them than of thanking for them. She did not rest in God so perfectly as did Adam, her soul was more taken up with created things. I think Adam and Eve went around Paradise three times.
          Again I saw Adam on the shining hill upon which God had formed the woman from a rib of his side as he lay buried in sleep. He stood alone under the trees lost in gratitude and wonder. I saw Eve near the tree of Knowledge, as if about to pass it, and with her that same animal more wily and sportive than ever. Eve was charmed with the serpent, she took great delight in it. It ran up the Tree of Knowledge until its head was on a line with hers. Then clinging to the trunk with its hind feet, it moved its head toward hers and told her that, if she would eat of the fruit of that tree, she would no longer be in servitude, she would become free, and understand how the multiplication of the human race was to be effected. Adam and Eve had already received the command to increase and multiply, but I understood that they did not know as yet how God willed it to be brought about. I saw too that had they known it and yet sinned after that knowledge, Redemption would not have been possible. Eve now became more thoughtful. She appeared to be moved by desire for what the serpent had promised. Something degrading took possession of her. It made me feel anxious. She glanced toward Adam, who was still quietly standing under the trees. She called him, and he came.
          Eve started to meet him, but turned back. There was a restlessness, a hesitancy about her movements. Again she started, as if intending to pass the tree, but once more hesitated, approached it from the left, and stood behind it screened by its long pendent leaves. The tree was broader above than below, and its wide leafy branches drooped to the ground. Just within Eve’s reach hung a remarkably fine bunch of fruit.
          And now Adam approached. Eve caught him by the arm and pointed to the talking animal, and he listened to its words. When Eve laid her hand on Adam’s arm, she touched him for the first time. He did not touch her, but the splendor around them grew dim.
          I saw the animal pointing to the fruit, but he did not venture to snap it off for Eve. But when the longing for it arose in her heart, he broke off and handed her the central and most beautiful piece of the clustering five.
          And now I saw Eve draw near to Adam, and offer him the fruit. Had he refused it, sin would not have been committed. I saw the fruit break, as it were, in Adam’s hand. He saw pictures in it, and it was as if he and Eve were instructed upon what they should not have known. The interior of the fruit was blood-red and full of veins. I saw Adam and Eve losing their brilliancy and diminishing in stature. It was as if the sun went down. The animal glided down the tree, and I saw it running off on all fours.
          I did not see the fruit taken into the mouth as we now take food in eating, but it disappeared between Adam and Eve.
          I saw that while the serpent was still in the tree, Eve sinned, for her consent was with the temptation. I learned also at that moment what I can not clearly repeat; namely, that the serpent was, as it were, the embodiment of Adam and Eve’s will, a being by which they could do all things, could attain all things. Here it was that Satan entered.
          Sin was not completed by eating the forbidden fruit. But that fruit from the tree which, rooting its branches in the earth thus sent out new shoots, which continued to do the same after the Fall, conveyed the idea of a more absolute propagation, a sensual implanting in self at the cost of separation from God. So, along with disobedience, there sprang from their indulgence that severing of the creature from God, that planting in self and through self those selfish passions in human nature. He that used the fruit solely for the enjoyment it affords, must accept as the consequence of his act the subversion, the debasement of nature as well as sin and death.
          The blessing of a pure and holy multiplying out of God and by God, which Adam had received after the creation of Eve was, in consequence of that indulgence, withdrawn from him; for I saw that the instant Adam left his hill to go to Eve, the Lord grasped him in the back and took something from him. From that something, I felt that the world’s salvation would come.
          Once on the Feast of the Holy and Immaculate Conception, God gave me a vision of that mystery. I saw enclosed in Adam and Eve the corporal and spiritual life of all mankind. I saw that by the Fall it became corrupted, mixed up with evil, and that the bad angels had acquired power over it. I saw the Second Person of the Godhead come down and, with something like a crooked blade, take the Blessing from
Adam before he had sinned. At the same instant, I saw the Virgin issuing from Adam’s side like a little luminous cloud, and soaring all resplendent up to God.
          By the reception of the fruit, Adam and Eve became, as it were, intoxicated, and their consent to sin wrought in them a great change. It was the serpent in them. Its nature pervaded theirs, and then came the tares among the wheat.
          …Marriage is a state of penance.
          …Adam and Eve before sin were very differently constituted from what we, poor, miserable creatures now are. With the reception of the forbidden fruit, they imbibed a material existence. Spirit became matter; flesh, an instrument, a vessel. At first they were one in God, they sought self in God; but afterward they stood apart from God in their own will. And this self-will is self-seeking, a lusting after sin and impurity. By eating the forbidden fruit, man turned away from his Creator. It was as if he drew creation into himself. All creative power, operations, and attributes, their commingling with one another and with all nature, became in man material things of different forms and functions.
          Once man was endowed with the kingship of nature, but now all in him has become nature. He is now one of its slaves, a master conquered and fettered. He must now struggle and fight with nature – but I cannot clearly express it. It was as if man once possessed all things in God, their Creator and their Centre; but now he made himself their centre, and they became his master.
          …Man was created to fill the choirs of the fallen angels. Were it not for the Fall of Adam, the human race would have increased only till the number of the fallen angels was reached, and then the world would have come to an end. Had Adam and Eve lived to see even one sinless generation, they would not have fallen. I am certain that the world will last until the number of the fallen angels has been filled, until the wheat shall have been reaped from the chaff.
          …The first man was an image of God, he was like heaven; all was one in him, all was one with him. His form was a reproduction of the Divine Prototype. He was destined to possess and to enjoy earth and all created things, but holding them from God and giving thanks for them. Man was however free; therefore, was he subjected to trial, therefore was he forbidden to eat of the Tree of Knowledge.
          …Mankind at first numbered two, then three, and at last they became innumerable. They had been images of God; but after the Fall, they became images of self, which images originated in sin.

from
http://www.theindivisiblelight.com/chapter3.html

Blessings
Sower

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2003, 01:16:58 PM »

I do not understand how anyone can think that God would conceal important information in His word.

Other than the incident of Christ in the temple with the Jewish teachers at the age of 12, we have absolutely no record of His life until His coming to John the Baptist for baptism and His leaving for the wilderness. Did God not deliberately conceal those 30 years? There are many speculative tales of what Christ did during that time, but as far as God's Word is concerned, that portion of His life was sealed off from mankind.  Only God knows why. My guess is because our focus must be strictly on the Lamb of God who took away the sins of the world, and is now seated at the right hand of the Father.

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2003, 04:01:13 PM »

So this is what Adam felt like, before Eve was created--no one to talk to.

Symphony, I really do not know the answer, but I do know Eve ate Adam out of house and home  Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
TigerLily
Gold Member

Laugh often,long & loud.Laugh until you feel it!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2003, 05:34:05 PM »

AHK...Ambassador4Christ  that response brough an actual audible laugh  hehe.. good  one my friend!!! Wink
TL

Remember that tho the storms of life may rage & stir things up, cause chaos and at times many hurts, etc...In the end, It can unearth the most beautiful of treasure! Keep Holding on to Jesus thru the storm & He will indeed show you the beauty of life after its all settled & peaceful, Its His Plan!
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2003, 07:52:12 AM »

AHK...Ambassador4Christ  that response brough an actual audible laugh  hehe.. good  one my friend!!! Wink
TL

TL  Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
ollie
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2003, 07:12:36 PM »

Hello, I am new but have been reading this forum for a while. I hope someone else replies so I can have something to read on my lunch break. Cool
Have a great lunch. Chew your food. Don't dribble mustard.
 Grin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the