Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:58:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  When does one quit praying for something?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: When does one quit praying for something?  (Read 1289 times)
teachme

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2004, 09:45:38 AM »

I know the importance of being persistent in praying for something, but how do you know it's time to quit praying for what you want God to give you?

For example, my girlfriend of 4 years left me and went immediately to another man.  Well, i forgive her, and I pray to God everyday that she may call me again someday to reconcile.  It's been about 6 weeks, and I wonder if it is time to quit praying for her to return to me.

I know a lot of you are saying to just leave her alone and forget about her, but my love is too strong.  

My mind thinks I have no chance with her, but my heart says that I do.

My question is - "When do I know it is time to stop praying that she will come back to me?
TigerLily
Gold Member

Laugh often,long & loud.Laugh until you feel it!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 03:30:06 PM »

In my humble opinion, Maybe stop praying for her to call... and start praying for God to have His will and way in your life concerning this lady!? Maybe also start praying that If she is indeed the rgith lady for you that God will help her to see that, and If indeed she is not the will of God for you. pray that God will help you get over her and help you find the right one for you. I know that might sound to simple or to small a thing to do but i beleive that God answers our every prayer, sometimes its just that we are expecting one answer and we are getting another.. Dont quit praying.,. just maybe change the prayer a little! That my friend is my 2 cents worth! Wink
Tigerlily Smiley
« Last Edit: September 07, 2004, 03:32:14 PM by tigerlily » Logged

Remember that tho the storms of life may rage & stir things up, cause chaos and at times many hurts, etc...In the end, It can unearth the most beautiful of treasure! Keep Holding on to Jesus thru the storm & He will indeed show you the beauty of life after its all settled & peaceful, Its His Plan!
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004, 06:19:18 AM »

In my humble opinion, Maybe stop praying for her to call... and start praying for God to have His will and way in your life concerning this lady!? Maybe also start praying that If she is indeed the rgith lady for you that God will help her to see that, and If indeed she is not the will of God for you. pray that God will help you get over her and help you find the right one for you. I know that might sound to simple or to small a thing to do but i beleive that God answers our every prayer, sometimes its just that we are expecting one answer and we are getting another.. Dont quit praying.,. just maybe change the prayer a little! That my friend is my 2 cents worth! Wink
Tigerlily Smiley

I agree with this. Persistence in prayer is an essential, but always our prayers should be for God's will and not our own...

Gracey

†† Guided by God ††
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the