Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:59:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Thou Shalt Not Vote for Bush pt 1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thou Shalt Not Vote for Bush pt 1  (Read 7023 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2004, 12:39:08 AM »

Subject: Pastor from Uzbekistan speaks out

A Pastor From Uzbekistan Speaks Out About George W.. Bush

He said something to this effect: "I would like all of you to know that my church and the Christians in my country are praying that President Bush will be reelected."

I was stunned. I knew that this gathering had to include many pastors from all over the political spectrum and I was certain this would not go over well. Immediately, there were murmurings and rumblings throughout the audience and the MC seemed a little uncertain about what to do next.

However, this pastor would not be denied. Grasping the microphone firmly in his hand, he continued, "The officials in my country are afraid of President Bush, so they don't persecute Christians as much. Under Clinton it was very bad for us. Many of us were arrested, put in jail, and some were killed.

With Clinton, it was very bad. But under President Bush, it has been so much better, so we are praying for him." [The founder and president of the huge INIM ministry in India to many nations, including Iraq and Afghanistan, told us he prays every day that God will keep the US military in those countries so that the Gospel can continue to go forth. He likewise prays daily for our President.]

All of the sudden, the election became something very different for me. It is not just about the economy, gay marriage, or weapons of mass destruction. It's about the persecuted church around the world. As believers, what issues should be more important to us? This transcends politics. This is about the Kingdom of God for which Christ suffered and died, and for those believers in other countries who are suffering and dying as well.

I was also convicted in my heart about praying for our President. And I wonder, which church is praying more fervently for him: the persecuted church in Uzbekistan or the prosperous church in America? It makes you think.

As the Apostle Paul said in Hebrews 13:3, "Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering."

Remember, this election is not just about us. It's about them [too].
Church of the Living Christ Ojai, CA
AMEN!! Tom, what a great post!!

This is a great Pastor, I will be praying for him that, his message is heard around the world.

Aiki Storm

I'm anything but a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2004, 04:49:56 PM »

How can you be so sure what commandments he has or has not broken?  We are all guilty of at least some if not most.  Anyway, I sincerely feel that his word is the truth.  Political life is nasty and I would not want to be involved with what goes along with that career.  He is obviously, at least in my view as a Christian, the better of the two choices.  

Kerry is going to loose Missouri.  Especially if gay marriage becomes a major topic.  70% of the Missouri voters voted against gay marriage a month ago.  Grin

But anyway, Kerry is acting like a kid that used to go to elementary school with me that always built himself up to be greater than he was.  When in fact, he was a fraud.  They are so easy to spot.  Kerry keeps shooting himself in the foot with his glory days in the war.  I don't even think many of the democrats are in favor of him.  That seems to be the theme of these new democrats these days.

One thing Kerry is going to need to eventually answer is why he was in favor of the war in Iraq.  We are still waiting.....

Blessed are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2004, 09:27:49 PM »

Aiki Storm Said:

One thing Kerry is going to need to eventually answer is why he was in favor of the war in Iraq.  We are still waiting.....

Brother, you'll have to wait until he changes his mind again.  Grin

He is now completely against the war. His position has changed three times since the start of the campaign. He did vote "Yes" for the war in Iraq, but he voted "No" to provide supplies for the troops already in combat. According to him, he voted "Yes" for the supplies before he voted "No".  WOW!

It actually appears that Kerry is without a platform. His strong beliefs change by the day, the location, and the audience. His service in Vietnam appears to be the only thing he has to offer for consideration of him as our next Commander and Chief. However questionable his service in Vietnam was, his actions after the war were most definitely destructive in defaming many thousands of veterans who served their country with great honor.

Love In Christ,
Tom

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2004, 08:24:56 AM »

"The chorus of advice reached a climax on the eve of Labor Day when former president Bill Clinton, about to go under the knife for heart bypass surgery, let it be known that he had advised Kerry in a telephone conversation to drop the topic of his service in Vietnam, which Kerry has made a centerpiece of his campaign since last summer."

"In addition to his phone consultation with Clinton, Kerry is also adding a group of former Clinton aides to his campaign staff. The Clinton alumni include campaign operative Paul Begala, press spokesman Joe Lockhart, and pollster Stan Greenberg."

The blind leading the blind..... Roll Eyes

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2004, 03:45:30 PM »

Isaiah 5:20  Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

That's what the Ultra Liberals do and want to do. There is no irony that the vast majority of Christians just don't buy it. It represents abortion, same sex marriages, and all kinds of other "if it feels good - do it", no responsibility, and no authority. It's absolutely amazing that some call themselves Christians and fight for things that are completely contrary to the Holy Bible. We even have people calling themselves Christians, yet they practice Eastern Religions, jumping on the band-wagon to call evil good and good evil.

We are either seeing a preview of the end times or the end times are upon us. There will be a time, maybe soon, when the values of nations will be evil. Christians will be shut up and hunted. I give thanks that the vast majority of Christians will not sit down, and they won't shut up until Jesus comes for us. Yes, there will be a time where all evil will be proclaimed as good. I plan to stub the devil's toe and fight against that time until Jesus calls me home.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2004, 12:19:56 AM »

Isaiah 5:20  Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

We are either seeing a preview of the end times or the end times are upon us. There will be a time, maybe soon, when the values of nations will be evil. Christians will be shut up and hunted. I give thanks that the vast majority of Christians will not sit down, and they won't shut up until Jesus comes for us. Yes, there will be a time where all evil will be proclaimed as good. I plan to stub the devil's toe and fight against that time until Jesus calls me home.

Love In Christ,
Tom

I myself think we are seeing a preview of the end times. I know alot of Christianss here would love to stub the devil's toe, or spit him in the eye. Grin

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the