Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:04:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Why Elijah must come...again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why Elijah must come...again  (Read 7654 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2004, 04:07:03 PM »

Bronzesnake Said:

Huh??? I go to Church on Sunday, as do many others right here on this site...what are you talking about? Surely there are "some" church goers who do not really believe - people go to church for many different reasons, and not all are born again. You say...

"how sad..that no person, who attends Sunday worship services understands that fact !"    

That's ridiculous my friend!

Bronzesnake

Brother, you are right - it is ridiculous. You and I have both been deprived of the detailed study of the writings of Prophetess Ellen G. White. Never mind that her prophecies didn't come true. She died in the late 1800's, but her edicts and instructions are still to be followed. Never mind what the Holy Bible states about the completed work of Jesus Christ at the CROSS OF CALVARY. Never mind that BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS can and do rest in JESUS 24 hours a day - 7 days a week. Never mind that we can pray any time we wish without the need of a Levitical Priest. Never mind that our Lord and Saviour is with us in every step of our WALK IN HIM. Never mind that we can yield to HIS PURPOSE and make our fellowship IN HIM and WITH HIM the core of every minute, hour, and day.

In short, never mind any of our greatest TREASURES IN JESUS - you must go to church on Saturday. NOT!!!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Reba
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2004, 06:42:09 PM »

Ex 20:8-10

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
KJV

Silver do you labour 6 days? And in those 6 days you do ALL thy work, nothing is left undone correct?  Surly you would never cause a 'stranger' to labour... Like the guy who works so the computers can be on line or the sanatation guy when you use water. or the folks at the electric company no lights, hair driers etc. on in your home from sundown to Friday to sundown Saturday?

Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2004, 01:11:14 PM »

I believe he's one of the two witnesses from Revelation.

Bronzesnake
I agree BRNZ, I believe Moses is the other witness.

Nah.  Gotta be Enoch.  "It's appointed unto man once to die, and after that the judgment."  Neither Elijah nor Enoch died...yet.  Speculation, but a worthy one I think.
The 2 witnesses are: The Law and the testimony.
"To the Law and to the tesimony, is they speak not accirduing to this word, it is because thee is no light in them", (Isaiah 8:20).

This Bible verse is the test ...whereby every pastor, every prophet, every person is tested as to who has the truth of God.

Revelation 12:17 ...tells us that Satan goes to make ...WAR...against those who keep the commandments of God, and have the tesimony...of Jesus Christ.
Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2004, 01:23:54 PM »

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
KJV

Silver do you labour 6 days? And in those 6 days you do ALL thy work, nothing is left undone correct?
What I don't get done, I leave til Sunday or Monday.
Surly you would never cause a 'stranger' to labour... Like the guy who works so the computers can be on line or the sanatation guy when you use water. or the folks at the electric company no lights, hair driers etc. on in your home from sundown to Friday to sundown Saturday?
Most people don't work the weekends anyway.

I'm a Christian, and I love the Lord, so....I do as he asks me, as Jesus said:
"IF..you love me, keep my commandments", (John 14:15).

The true Christian can always pass the Bible test:
""To the Law and to the testimony, if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them", (Isaiah 8:20).

God identifies his people:
"Here is the patience of the saints...here are they that keep the commandments of God, and have the faith of Jesus ", (Revelation 14:12).

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2004, 04:52:50 PM »

Silver Surfer,

Here's a Bible Test for you:

Is Jesus Christ Almighty God?

Easy question (Yes, No, Why?).

Tom

Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2004, 05:27:00 PM »

Silver Surfer,

Here's a Bible Test for you:

Is Jesus Christ Almighty God?

Easy question (Yes, No, Why?).

Tom
Yes, Because Jesus is the creator of this world and the universe.
And, he is the re-creator of men, giving them the born-again experince to become new creatures in Christ, enabling them to living a sinless lifestyle, in preparation for the Kingdom of heaven.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2004, 10:45:50 PM »

Silver Surfer Said:

And, he is the re-creator of men, giving them the born-again experince to become new creatures in Christ, enabling them to living a sinless lifestyle, in preparation for the Kingdom of heaven.

Well, I would say that you did fair on the important part of the test. Inquiring minds will wish to know if you are one of those people who think they live in perfection without sin.

If so, this would represent another part of the Holy Bible that you either ignore, disbelieve, or are confused with beyond measure. You would also be completely unique and be Jesus Christ, the ONLY ONE who ever walked this earth in sinless perfection.

UM?? - I'm positive that you are NOT Jesus Christ. You deny the catching up (RAPTURE) of HIS CHURCH, the CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST. You also appear to be TRYING?Huh? to live under the law, ignoring the purpose and GIFT of Jesus Christ on the CROSS. That's why I asked you about WHO Jesus Christ is.

Let's see if you can do a little bit better on Bible Test #2. It's just as easy as the first test.

What are the commandments of Jesus Christ? List them please so we can all understand some of your other posts here.

Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2004, 10:47:31 PM »

Silver Surfer Said:

Well, I would say that you did fair on the important part of the test. Inquiring minds will wish to know if you are one of those people who think they live in perfection without sin.

If so, this would represent another part of the Holy Bible that you either ignore, disbelieve, or are confused with beyond measure. You would also be completely unique and be Jesus Christ, the ONLY ONE who ever walked this earth in sinless perfection.

UM?? - I'm positive that you are NOT Jesus Christ. You deny the catching up (RAPTURE) of HIS CHURCH, the CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST. You also appear to be TRYING?Huh? to live under the law, ignoring the purpose and GIFT of Jesus Christ on the CROSS. That's why I asked you about WHO Jesus Christ is.

Let's see if you can do a little bit better on Bible Test #2. It's just as easy as the first test.

What are the commandments of Jesus Christ? List them please so we can all understand some of your other posts here.

Tom

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2004, 11:49:04 PM »

you must go to church on Saturday. NOT!!!

Such language, Mr. Policeman.  

And for an Officer of the Law.

embarrassing...

revolting...

absolutely disgusting...

Lips Sealed
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2004, 01:29:50 AM »

Symphony,

Grin   Grin  ROFL - can't get up.

I must investigate:

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2004, 01:41:22 AM »

Symphony,

Grin   Grin  ROFL - can't get up.

I must investigate:

Beeps your eyes look a little blood shot there. I thin yous needs ta puts backs ons ya glasses.

Reba
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2004, 05:41:51 PM »

KJV

Silver do you labour 6 days? And in those 6 days you do ALL thy work, nothing is left undone correct?
What I don't get done, I leave til Sunday or Monday.
Surly you would never cause a 'stranger' to labour... Like the guy who works so the computers can be on line or the sanatation guy when you use water. or the folks at the electric company no lights, hair driers etc. on in your home from sundown to Friday to sundown Saturday?
Most people don't work the weekends anyway.

I'm a Christian, and I love the Lord, so....I do as he asks me, as Jesus said:
"IF..you love me, keep my commandments", (John 14:15).

The true Christian can always pass the Bible test:
""To the Law and to the testimony, if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them", (Isaiah 8:20).

God identifies his people:
"Here is the patience of the saints...here are they that keep the commandments of God, and have the faith of Jesus ", (Revelation 14:12).

The law says to do all thy work in the six days. It does not say to carry it over to the next week.  What does  "most people dont work the week ends anyway" have to do with keeping The Law?  Either ones keeps the law or they dont.  Do you believe you keep the law as it is written in the scriptures?
No Gray Areas

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2004, 09:38:38 PM »

I believe Enoch will be the other, Sooner rather than later I hope Smiley

No Gray Areas

Suz

Suz

No Gray Areas
musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2004, 02:37:56 AM »

And how sad..that no person, who attends Sunday worship services understands that fact !

Sunday keepers resisits the truth, that Jesus spoke !
They deny that he is the way, by their lifestlyes.

"Not everyone that says to me, Lord, Lord shall enter the Kingdom of heaven, BUT HE...that does the will of my Father in heaven..", (Matthew 7:21).

OK, scratching my head in confusion.......I'm a Sunday Keeper,  so where in the scripture of John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life:no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.......Where does it say that because I worship on Sunday that I don't get into heaven Sad

shamey shamey......aaaaaammmmmmm I'm going to tell my Daddy on you....
GGGGGOOOOOODDDDDD, silver surfer is being mean and won't let Sunday worshipers play in the sand boooxxxxx! Tongue

musicllover

musicllover
Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2004, 03:48:24 PM »

Silver Surfer Said:

I believe Jesus Christ when he said, 'go and sin no more', (John 5:14....8:11).
I believe the Bible, when it says:
"Whosoever is born of God ...does not...commit sin", (1 John 3:9).
I believe the Bible when it says: "These are redeemed from among men...being the firstfruits unto God and unto the Lamb.....for they are without fault, before the throne of God", (Revelation 14:4,5).
I never said I was sinless.....the Bible (IF...you believe it) says, that it is possible.
And, God points out a people who have done it, thru the power of Jesus Christ.
UM?? - I'm positive that you are NOT Jesus Christ. You deny the catching up (RAPTURE) of HIS CHURCH, the CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST.
No, I believe in the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ (the word, Adventist, means...belief in the 2nd coming)
You also appear to be TRYING?Huh? to live under the law,
"Here is the patience of the saints...here are they that keep the commandments of God, and have the faith of Jesus", (Revelation 14:12).
QUESTION: Are 'saints' ...Christians ?
And, the Bible says, that they are keeping God's commanbdments.
Is it because of what Jesus Christ said ?
"IF..you love me, kep my commandments", (John 14:15).
ignoring the purpose and GIFT of Jesus Christ on the CROSS.
Is the purpose of Jesus Christ, to keep right on committing sinful practices ?
Had you understood what Romans 10:4 said:
"For Christ is the 'end' of the Law for righteousness to every one that believeth".
Look up what the word 'end', means in Greek !

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the