Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:24:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Why Elijah must come...again
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why Elijah must come...again  (Read 7611 times)
Silver Surfer

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2004, 01:51:20 PM »

"Behold I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord", (Malachi 3:6).

The study in the Old Testament (1 Kings 16:30.....18:39) reveals why the Message of the Prophet Elijah must come again...just before Christ returns to earth !

The modern Christian world, is in the same place that Israel of old was...do you know the history of that time ?
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004, 02:04:38 PM »

LOOKING UP!!!

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Bronzesnake
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 04:42:20 PM »

I believe he's one of the two witnesses from Revelation.

Bronzesnake
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2004, 04:57:35 PM »

Bronzesnake
I agree BRNZ, I believe Moses is the other witness.

Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2004, 05:51:01 PM »

LOOKING UP!!!

<Smiley))><
Just remember, when Christ comes again, those who are breaking God's commandments, 'will be destroyed, by the brightness of his coming', (2 Thessaloinans 2:Cool.
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2004, 04:53:30 AM »

LOOKING UP!!!

<Smiley))><
Just remember, when Christ comes again, those who are breaking God's commandments, 'will be destroyed, by the brightness of his coming', (2 Thessaloinans 2:Cool.

I will be in Heaven You should be praying

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2004, 10:43:13 AM »

LOOKING UP!!!

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Just remember....God will never let anyone into heaven who commits any known sin against him....such as breaking the 4th commandment.

"Blessed are they that do His commandments, that they may have right to the Tree of Life, and may enter in through the Gates of the City", (Revelation 22:14)
Bronzesnake
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2004, 12:40:31 PM »

LOOKING UP!!!

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Just remember....God will never let anyone into heaven who commits any known sin against him....such as breaking the 4th commandment.

"Blessed are they that do His commandments, that they may have right to the Tree of Life, and may enter in through the Gates of the City", (Revelation 22:14)

Jhn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Bronzesnake
Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2004, 09:58:37 PM »

Jhn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

And how sad..that no person, who attends Sunday worship services understands that fact !

Sunday keepers resisits the truth, that Jesus spoke !
They deny that he is the way, by their lifestlyes.

"Not everyone that says to me, Lord, Lord shall enter the Kingdom of heaven, BUT HE...that does the will of my Father in heaven..", (Matthew 7:21).
joelkaki

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2004, 12:10:20 AM »

"Behold I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord", (Malachi 3:6).

The study in the Old Testament (1 Kings 16:30.....18:39) reveals why the Message of the Prophet Elijah must come again...just before Christ returns to earth !

The modern Christian world, is in the same place that Israel of old was...do you know the history of that time ?

I'm  afraid that I must disagree.  You must see how Christ understood that OT passage.  
  He talks about it in Matthew 17:11-13, "And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.  But I say unto you, that Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they have listed.  Likewise also shall the Son of man suffer of them.  Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist."

John the Baptist was the fulfillment of the prophecy about Elijah.  That is how CHRIST Himself interpreted it, and I dare not take another conclusion.

Joel
Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2004, 10:56:59 AM »

I'm  afraid that I must disagree.  You must see how Christ understood that OT passage.  
  He talks about it in Matthew 17:11-13, "And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.  But I say unto you, that Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they have listed.  Likewise also shall the Son of man suffer of them.  Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist."
John the Baptist was the fulfillment of the prophecy about Elijah.  That is how CHRIST Himself interpreted it, and I dare not take another conclusion.

Joel
I agree with you the John the Baptist was in 'partial' fulfillment of that....BUT look again at what the Bible verse really says:"Behold, I will send Elijah the prophet BEFORE....the great and dreadul day of the Lord[/i]", (Malachi 3:6)[/u]
Now what was dreadful about Christ's first advent ?
ABSOLUTELY nothing.

BUT the coming of the Lord the 2nd time...is a completely different story.
Reba
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2004, 11:44:09 AM »

Joel

Nice to see you back little brother!
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2004, 01:05:26 PM »

Bronzesnake
I agree BRNZ, I believe Moses is the other witness.

Nah.  Gotta be Enoch.  "It's appointed unto man once to die, and after that the judgment."  Neither Elijah nor Enoch died...yet.  Speculation, but a worthy one I think.

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Reba
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2004, 01:28:30 PM »

Enoch is a olive tree?

And Moses is an olive tree.... I learn something new here all the time... Tongue
« Last Edit: September 03, 2004, 06:32:46 PM by Reba » Logged
Bronzesnake
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2004, 02:33:03 PM »

And how sad..that no person, who attends Sunday worship services understands that fact !

Sunday keepers resisits the truth, that Jesus spoke !
They deny that he is the way, by their lifestlyes.

"Not everyone that says to me, Lord, Lord shall enter the Kingdom of heaven, BUT HE...that does the will of my Father in heaven..", (Matthew 7:21).

Huh??? I go to Church on Sunday, as do many others right here on this site...what are you talking about? Surely there are "some" church goers who do not really believe - people go to church for many different reasons, and not all are born again. You say...

"how sad..that no person, who attends Sunday worship services understands that fact !"  Huh Huh Huh

That's ridiculous my friend!

Bronzesnake
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the